[drama 2009] Partner 파트너

Guest ripgal

Guest gelato

No big progress in today's ep about TJ and EH, but hehe there are some intimate moments that TJ obviously realized he's starting to feel something for EH.

Brief summary for ep 9:

Lawyer Han joined TJ-EH team to fight for the custody of the Senator's son. However, in the first round of the settlement negotiations, EH felt that Han wanted to join them to vent her anger at the brother. They went to visit the wife, to whom Han asked very critical questions, which EH didn't approve of. EH had an argument with Han about her approach but TJ was on the side of Han and said her approach was perfectly right.

At the entrance of the law firm, Han's father suddenly showed up in front of Han and EH and demanded money from Han. He snatched all the money from Han's purse and then left. Han was so upset that she rushed back to the office while EH, who was so shocked by the scene, picked up Han's bag and left it at Han's desk without asking her a word. Han appreciated it.

TJ and EH waited at his car to pick up the wife for the settlement meeting. He suddently leaned towards EH and buckled up her seatbelt, which made EH's heart fluttering. (hehe guys you have to see this!) During the negotiation meeting, the wife was feeling sick and when she rushed outside she saw her son. But the son was reluctant to get near to her and ran away. TJ, who ran after the wife and saw the scene, started to recall his childhood when his mother always got drunk and shoved him away. He finally realized that she was too devastated by a bad marriage that she turned him away. TJ reminded the wife that she should not let her own sufferings divert her attention and love from her son.

During the meeting, EH was getting emotional and stood firm against a settlement, which Han strongly disapproved of. They will take the matter to court. The wife started to ease up and was willing to confide to EH. Meanwhile, the brother waited outside Han's residence and pleaded with her. Han expressed her pain as a third party and she didn't want to continue such an unethnical relationship. Han's father, who followed Han all the way, overheard the conversation and confronted the brother after Han left.

TJ and EH waited inside the car for the son. When EH saw the assistant coming out she tried to pull down TJ and hide behind him. Sensing EH was getting very close to him, TJ felt very awkward and immediately sat straight. They sneaked in the school to see the son and persuaded him to see his mother. But the assisant showed up at the last minute and pulled the son away.

EH's dad came to Lee-Kim law firm to find director Kim. The dad expressed hopes that Kim will help him re-open the case of TJ's friend. Inside TJ's car, EH's cell phone was not working and she could not make any calls. Getting irritated at her old cell phone, TJ flung it out to the traffic road. EH shouted him to stop and rushed back to pick up the pieces. TJ asked why she got mad over a old broken cell phone, to which EH said the cell phone recorded the voice messages of her late husband and now she could never hear his voice again. TJ felt very apologetic but EH was too upset to take it. TJ was very frustrated.

Han's father met up with the brother to demand hush money. Han arrived and brought police to arrest him. The brother took her away and left. Inside her car while Han was taking a nap, the brother noticed the file about the divorce case.

The next day at court, TJ ran into the brother who said he knew what cards TJ would be playing. TJ asked how he knew it and whether Han told him about it. EH overheard the conversation and asked furiously if the brother knew their side's evidence and if Han told him. Han arrived and declared it wasn't her. The brother smirked. The four confronted each other. The end.

Guest corabika2013

thank you gelato for ep9 spoiler

seems to be nice episode

i am going to warch it now

thanks again

Guest Asianatic

Many many thanks, Gelato.

I can't wait for TJ to fall madly in love with EH. I love the actress who plays EH. She is so luminous and doesn't over act. Looks like TJ is still hung over the other lady .....He said "it's so hard to be just friends". A love triangle is coming. Exciting!

Please also post a summary for tomorrow's episode. Some of us who can't wait for eng subs really appreciate it.

Guest jaejoongstolemyheart

Thanks so much gelato for the spoilers. Gosh. DAMN JUNGWON! They will probably loose now. But oh well. She will hate YW for going through her files without permission. I HOPE tomorrows ep will have lotsa EH-TJ MOMENTS!

Guest n_angel274

Hello people ^_^ . I'm new around here. I got interested in this because of the hype around it + Dong Wook is in it. They just started airing this in KBS world. I just watched the first episode. Looks promising. Trying not to read all the previous epi review... :)

Guest Asianatic

After reading kind gelato's summary and watching it I must say there's a little progress in TJ and EH's relationship. Something she said ( no idea what!) moved him and made him tie her seat belt. I like the way the romance is handled here. No predictable done to death cheesy scenes. The seat belt thing has been done a lot but it was kept short and sweet. The director didn't over play it. Also the phone breaking scene will make TJ think of EU more as a woman than as a partner. Can't wait for Ep 9.

Guest jebabe19

I watched it even though I dont understand hahaha... yehey! TJ's feeling it... I WISH MORE TODAY :)

I have this feeling that EH is the wife of TJ's friend... something like that... something like in the end TJ will feel responsible for EH and her son....

Guest mhugh

After reading kind gelato's summary and watching it I must say there's a little progress in TJ and EH's relationship. Something she said ( no idea what!) moved him and made him tie her seat belt. I like the way the romance is handled here. No predictable done to death cheesy scenes. The seat belt thing has been done a lot but it was kept short and sweet. The director didn't over play it. Also the phone breaking scene will make TJ think of EU more as a woman than as a partner. Can't wait for Ep 9.

He was moved. He buckled her seat belt because:

She asks him why he didn't stay with his father's firm. He doesn't answer, but tells her, maybe you would like to work at a firm like that. She flatly denies it. He jokes that she must know they would reject her. She becomes serious and tells him, "Anyplace where a father and a brother can deceive their son/brother without remorse like that, I wouldn't work there if they paid me all the money in the world."

Guest moomincandylalala

I think its symbolic that TJ was the one whothrew her phone out the window, unintentionally destroying the msgs from the dead hubby because as this drama moves along, he will be the one who unintentionally helps her let go of losing her husband so she could move on... be still it will be painful, losing the memory of someone you loved... so she will be hurt like this. Their relationship is definitely brewing.. loving the subtle hints. Even though her character is a bit cliche, KHJ is doing a good job... and I'm just loving LDW... so glad he's doing this drama. This pair definitely makes the drama more entertaining and interesting to watch.

Guest ripgal

News of Partner's Ratings faring steadily

N2009072309440643301.jpg

http://eto.co.kr/common/Result.asp?sCode=20090723094406433

I think it talks about how Partner's ratings have increased, and that viewers have been very pleased by the lighthearted and fun relationship between the TJ and EH in/out of court.

Swallow The Sun's ratings have decreased a little whilst Triple is still maintaining single digit ratings.

===

More to add...

2009072307002998108_2.jpg

Love the chemistry and fun between the cast..

Jung Won doesn't seem that bad anymore..haha..

More goodies to add...

Partner Poster Photoshoot BTS

http://tieba.baidu.com/%C0%EE%B6%AB%D0%F1/...0c0b26894791b8/

Partner BTS

http://tieba.baidu.com/%C0%EE%B6%AB%D0%F1/...221c6ec30433af/

Partner Ep 3 NG

http://tieba.baidu.com/%C0%EE%B6%AB%D0%F1/...d2a3117b41f0264

Partner Prayer/Ritual Ceremony

http://tieba.baidu.com/%C0%EE%B6%AB%D0%F1/...bec832c78335341

Guest mhugh

I think its symbolic that TJ was the one whothrew her phone out the window, unintentionally destroying the msgs from the dead hubby because as this drama moves along, he will be the one who unintentionally helps her let go of losing her husband so she could move on... be still it will be painful, losing the memory of someone you loved... so she will be hurt like this. Their relationship is definitely brewing.. loving the subtle hints. Even though her character is a bit cliche, KHJ is doing a good job... and I'm just loving LDW... so glad he's doing this drama. This pair definitely makes the drama more entertaining and interesting to watch.

I didn't think of that, but now that you mention it, you are absolutely right. It is symbolic, and this guilt is going to motivate TJ to be nicer to her, setting off a sort of domino effect in bringing them closer.

I hope the case of TJ's friend will bound them together and help both of them erase the pain and the burden from the past. I think it will be more logical if TJ is the first to confess. I see more of TJ's feeling toward EH than vice versa.

Will YW come back to TJ? I think if so, it will be the reason TJ realise his true feeling.

Guest gelato

I hope YW won't go back to TJ otherwise it will fall into the same old cliche of Kdrama. I remember her saying even if it was not TJ's brother, it wouldn't be TJ anyway. I hope she would stick to her words, that would make me hold her in respect.

I think TJ begins to realize his feelings for EH and is doting on her like a woman, though not in a traditional romantic way, but in his own way. And the way he looks at her is different now, full of tenderness.

Guest zacey

thanks for the summary.... makes me so excited for the subbed version... :lol:

really hopes they extend the drama... 16 episodes seems not enough to really put the lovers together... :rolleyes:

I can't wait for TJ to fall madly in love with EH. I love the actress who plays EH. She is so luminous and doesn't over act.

I admire KHJ too, even from way before, in her previous drama series. What I like about her, even if she is not that gorgeous, she has this natural beauty that glows...the more you look at her, the more her face grows on you. She is so simple, that in every scene, she has very light make up on. And wow! the girl can really act !

Guest ripgal

I hope YW won't go back to TJ otherwise it will fall into the same old cliche of Kdrama. I remember her saying even if it was not TJ's brother, it wouldn't be TJ anyway. I hope she would stick to her words, that would make me hold her in respect.

I think TJ begins to realize his feelings for EH and is doting on her like a woman, though not in a traditional romantic way, but in his own way. And the way he looks at her is different now, full of tenderness.

I like how you described TJ's demeanor when he's with EH. He's playful, but yet he has this tenderness and warmth in his eyes when he talks to her. It's not overdone and really has this really warm and nice feeling to it.

I'm not very fond of how JW's thinking about TJ right now. All this while she has professed herself to be YW's woman/mistress and is not afraid of the consequences and all. But all of a sudden she thinks TJ is better?

Archived