Can Nose Shape Naturally Change?

Guest chocomintSTAR

your nose shape changes as you grow older but only bigger or more defined, because it would look ridiculous if a small child had a straight tall nose! its just like a child having a full set of adult teeth! way too big for their face. So hence why you change as you grow older (:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vivientww

Only if you fall off the stairs and break you nose then you can opt for plastic surgery.

..or just do it anyway ROFL.

I wanna do my nose too. <_<

Guest harukoshimada

hmm i think it grows with you....

my nose got less round (can not say its pointy tho) the last few years (just got commented on it recently)

but that might be due to me losing a bit of weight...not sure...i also tried the nose clip for a week once a few years back =p changed a bit, but then it went back to normal since i didnt continously use it lol

Guest Lenesae

Over time the cartilage...weakens...(I'm not sure that's the best word for what happens) and your nose will appear its getting larger as you age. So yes, it will change slightly - eventually. But that particular change probably won't be a welcome one.

Guest LionAngel

lol i dunno. my nose didn't changed, well maybe except when

i was a chubby toddler but i guess young kids have round/flat noses.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shiroiyuki

Yes...you can definitely change your nose shape...I once read in a thread here in soompi that nose continues to grow and change shape as you grow older...

Maybe you can change your nose shape by massaging it.

Guest procrastinator

yes. it can.

especially if someone pushed you off a swing and you fly and hit your nose first into a statue of a seal.

Guest Tofu_Cloud

yes... yes it can.

i seen it.

it NATURALLY absolutely can, ur nose isnt 100% bone.. *oh but even the bone grows.. lol*

anyways theres alot of things u cna do without plastic surgury.. im just lazy to write it all go search it up

soompi has alot of stuff on it too

Well I'm half Korean-Half European and so is my boyfriend. If you look at pictures of us when we were younger our noses are very flat. When I got old my nose got a little taller but not by to much. While his when from looking 100% Asian to 100% European looking. I think really depends on your genetics, look at you parents and see what kind of noses they have. You'll get some kind of mix between them.

Guest lerorelo

i don't think this will answer your question exactly... but it's food for thought i guess.

my friend used to always rub her nose in an upward motion constantly (and unconsciously, possibly because her nose was irritated from allergies) and this caused her nose to form a very visible horizontal crease/line. her family told her to stop and after a while that crease/line went away. same principle as the nose pinching thing i guess.

i would love to have a slightly slimmer nose, but rhinoplasty is too scary to me. so easy to botch and your face might not even turn out how you want (like when you smile or something).

maybe I'll invest in a nose clip thing... anyone have any recommendations (brand, seller, etc.)? would a clothes pin work :P? heheh

Guest OukaKioshi

uhh well your nose can change shape.. butprobably not THAT drastically...

when i was like... elementary school.. my nose was like.. so ugly haha... and now its less ugly.. when i go back to HK sometimes my relatives are like YOUR NOSE GOT NICER! LOL... so yay? XD

Guest jungeunseok

i got flat nose when i was 10 and now i'm having a bridge. my mom was wondering why i have a bridge since they have round noses. (if only they know.. i'm massaging it.. hahaha)

Guest sweet_mart

Not after your face/body is done growing. Then the shape is pretty much permanent unless you hit that nasal part and it swells up, then you get a nasal bump there. I heard of some clip thingy that can clip up flat noses, but even that I doubt it works. But, I haven't heard anything about nostril stuff :/

Guest x3CHOCOamor

i'm like opposite from most ppl here..

x__x

when i was a baby my nose was big/tall (according to my mom, everyone said all they could see was my nose.. x.x)

but now it's like flat..

idk what happened.. T^T

Guest Veeneee

my nose bone thats in the middle.. started to cause a bump.. and i realized it was the way i was sleeping.. i tend to sleep on one side more and im guessing "gravity" started to push my nose bone out or something. well i stopped, forced myself to sleep on my back. my nose haven't changed since.

but i will say yes it can change naturally.

i dont think so. well my nose was flatter as a kid.. but as i grew older, my face got longer and so did my nose.. its not as flat anymore but the general shape stayed the same

Where the nose clip 10 mins in the morning 10 mins at night CONSTANTLY no matter how annoying it is!! if u dont have patience dont bother buying it and putting it on and taking it off so quickly

i PROMISE u will actually see results!!

Cuz i did that when i was 20... YES 20!! and i recieved alots of compliments from my mom and boyfriend.. that it changed

my friend even said my nose looks better too

should i wear it at the bridge of my nose or at the end....where my nostrils are.

well i heard my aunt said that everyday when u wake up in the morning..u use ur fingers and pull ur nose nine times without breathing and it will gradually become taller...im not sure if this is true

^ I doubt that technique lasts unless you continuously do it every day which probably hurts the tissue/skin on your nose anyways. and even then you're only pinching the end of your nose, you're not creating a bridge which is actually what makes your nose taller. nothing can make a bridge except plastic surgery.

Archived