Can Nose Shape Naturally Change?

Guest chocomintSTAR

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SeeFood

I don't think the bridge of you nose can get higher naturally but I DO believe nose shape around your nostrils can - which makes your nose look narrower from the front (so it LOOKS like your nose got higher). And it does happen since all that is cartilage.

I say this b/c *ahem* I used to pick my nose a lot all through elementary school and middle school and I had the classic wide piggy nose :\ I assumed it was genetic ^^ Anyway somewhere around this time I just stopped digging around up there (as often at least) because I didn't want to disturb the makeup on my face, I was swimming 24/7 so my nose hardly had time to get plugged up xD, and ummm...who wants to get caught picking your nose ^_^? Now in college my nose looks a lot smaller and daintier b/c my nostrils are a lot narrower. I also pinch the tip of my nose a lot (its a nervous habit) so I dunno if that helped. From the side I have a pretty nice nose...a low-ish bridge but with a slight upturn at the end (from pinching my nose). I'm pretty happy with my nose to be honest and it's all natural :)

Here are some pics of my nose now...b/c I'm bored xD

4045451555_273de6a46c_o.png

4046196692_4737857f98_o.png

4046196852_7821a5a7b9_o.png

4046196708_d9d77abe60_o.png

I'll try to find some old pics from back in the day to show the change later~

mm yeah....moral of the story: no nose picking! So people a-hoping for a nose change...:) it can be done w/in a certain degree!

Guest klassikm3

i don't know why but when i was small mine was ok. but now its big....

i hate it but i learned to fix around it i guess....(bangs to the side)

Guest quyenann

Yes it can! I used to have a who-nose (like the noses of the Who's from The Grinch Who Stole Christmas), but over the years it's changed. Now it's straight - as in my nostrils are perpendicular with my face opposed to turned-up like the who-nose.

Does it make sense?

Guest angelwings6117

well, your ears and your nose are the only parts of your body that never stop growing until you DIE. ever notice how old men have REALLLLY big noses and REALLLLLY big ears? that's why. (think the old man from "Up")

Having said that, I don't know if the SHAPE of your nose can really change? But they all get bigger and bigger and bigger! (sorry for the few of you here who want nose reduction xP)

Guest sassygrl

Your nose can change naturally if u drink alot of milk and use those nose clips...

I was born with a flat nose... My nose was even flatter then my twin sister but because i kept drinking milk till i was in grade two (in the bottle lolz) My nose grew taller naturally... and my nose atm is no where near flat...

But i guess it only grew because i was in that growing stage.

Guest luv_panda

Hmm not sure...because where the nose it turned up is mostly all cartilage...

I know when I was little my nose was flat but around puberty my nose bridge got slightly taller..still a little flat but sometimes it changes over time..

but not sure about the bottom of the nose..unless you always are playing with it...or something, seriously it looks fine to me and if you are asian its like part of us really...one of the common traits we have..

Guest Tofu_Cloud

Well... my nose looks about the same when I was younger...

here's a pic when I was like about 3 or 4

4044668175_60ba0e0e5b.jpg

two years back.. at 15

4044674957_6f9a4b34db.jpg

I've always been a fat-faced baby and as you can see I STILL have major baby fat, and even today.. So, my face will look a little different after a few more years when I lose the rest of the fat.. and maybe the nose too? I hope it gets a little narrower..

Well exactly your 15.... take your 15 yr old pic and compare it at 25. And then come back and post plz.

P.S when i was 15.. i was really chubby due to baby fat... i grew up as a ugly kid.. now being in my earl 20's my baby phat is gone.. and i look much muhc prettier and MUCH different. Your still a child so dont worry about not changing

Guest caffoholic

after puberty, your nose shape can change.

When i was younger, I had a cute nose. Now i have like the biggest conk, not wide, it just sticks out a lot.

My friends say i have a jew nose (no racism intended). So, it can change if you are still quite young.

Sometimes weight gain or loss change the appearance of the nose.

my dad says after he was punched in the nose when he was in middle school

it started getting taller

now its tall and more structured

i want his nose but i dont wanna be punched. . T ____ T

• 4 months later...
Guest oscar_the_grouch

:rolleyes:

Look into Face Reading. Check out the books The Face Reader by Patrician McCarthy, and Amazing Face Reading by Mac Fulfer.

Both of these books are very interesting and actually will tell you that as you age, and you change your personality, you can change your facial features as well over time.

Also look into reflexology for the face.

but honestly, and I'm sure you've already heard this, there is nothing wrong with your nose... but if you aren't happy with it - PLEASE do NOT go with Plastic surgery... there are much safer alternatives. Just be happy with yourself! :P

I hope this helps answer your question!!

Guest WhiteRabbitsTime

YES! With coming of age your nose will change in size and keep growing. In most cases- as you age- your nose will "droop" down. In your case- it's a good thing, I assume(since it's upturned).

Guest J.YAM

gran says she used to pinch my nose all the time when i was baby... thts why ive got quite a highish nose

but me and mum thinks shes being dumbX)

gran says she used to pinch my nose all the time when i was baby... thts why ive got quite a highish nose

but me and mum thinks shes being dumbX)

err, my mum use to do that to me too! am guessing thats why mine wasnt flat, same with my brother! he has a massive eagle falcon nose XD

Archived