Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

PETER HO, BARBIE XU

Title: 泡沫之夏 / Pao Mo Zhi Xia

English title: Summer's Desire

Genre: Romance

Broadcast period: 2010

Synopsis

Xia Mo and Luo Xi were orphans living at the same foster home. They became close friends after Luo Xi saved Xia Mo from an embarrassing situation at a singing competition. However, Luo Xi fell for Xia Mo. On the other hand, Ou Chen, a young master from a rich family, was deeply in love with Xia Mo, so he deliberately separate those two by sending Luo Xi to England.

5 years later, Luo Xi came back as a superstar with tons of fans, while Xia Mo was newly signed by a record label. Just when they met, Ou Chen lost his memory.

Cast

Barbie Xu as Yin Xia Mo 尹夏沫

Huang Xiao Ming as Luo Xi 洛熙

Peter Ho as Ou Chen 歐辰

Canti Lau as Xia Ying Bo 夏英柏

Shen Jian Hong (沈建宏) as Yin Cheng 尹澄

Chang Kuo Chu as Xi Meng 西蒙

Patina Lin as Shen Qiang 沈薔

Ke Huan Ru as Pan Nan 潘楠

Fang Si Yu (房思瑜) as Jiang Zhen En 江珍恩

Maggie Wu as An Hui Ni 安卉妮

Yang Han (楊瀚) as Ling Hao 凌浩

Coco Jiang as Wei An 薇安

Huang Yi as Luo Xi's mother

Chen Chen (晨辰) as Jie Ni

Deng Ning (邓宁) as A Sen

Zhao Shun as Yi's father

Ying Cai Ling (應采靈) as Yi's mother

Zhang Ke Fan (張克帆) as Jam

Lin Mei Xiu as Cai Ni

Qi Wei (戚薇) as Ou Chen's fake girlfriend

Irene Xu

Production Credits

Original writing (novel): Pao Mo Zhi Xiao (泡沫之夏) by Ming Xiao Xi

Producer: Peter Ho

Director: Jiang Feng Hong

Trivia

This drama is adapted from a trilogy penned by popular novelist Ming Xiaoxi from China.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jnnfr

I thought Peter Ho is casted as Luo Xi ?

Anw, I've read the book, it's good. Honestly I am pretty disappointed with the cast... :X I don't think they are suitable for the roles. :/ None of them. When I was reading the book I imagined Jae Joong as Luo Xi and Yunho as Ou Chen, lol. It'll be great if they film a Korean version instead.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest qiufang

wanna to share a recent pix of this upcoming series ^ ^

Summer Bubble (Pao Mo Zhi Xia) ~ manga version :lol:

Peter Ho as Ouchen ~ the guy with blond hair

Huang Xiao Ming as Luoxi ~ the guy with black hair

Barbie Xu as Xiao Mo

summer10.jpg

09050411.jpg

credit: baidu tieba

can't wait to see this series B)

another manga ver :D

manga-10.jpg

credit: baidu tieba

Guest lets_rockie_it

oh...interesting..not much of a fan of barbie(or maybe i should watch her stuff more)

but hmmm i cant wait for this to air...

on the other hand im curious about the book...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kazenai

who ever read the novel, can you tell me if it's Luo Xi who gets the girl or Ou Chen,?

From the pictures it looks like Luo Xi but in the drama I'd hope it'd be Ou Chen.....

please tell if you know....not the ending but the final coupling (who ends up with who) I don;t wanna waste time with this if the chracters I wish won, lost the girl

lol

Guest jnnfr

^ In the book she ended up with Ou Cheng. But they might change the ending for the drama, it really depends lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Yup, in the book the girl ends up with the rich guy Ou Cheng... but bleh! Peter Ho can't act, so I was hoping he wasn't the main male lead! Originally, he gave that role to Dylan Kuo and claimed the Luo Xi role for himself, but casting Dylan Kuo didn't work out (investors complained among other things) so Huang Xiao Ming was casted instead... I dunno why the roles were suddenly reversed as well...

I don't know much of Huang Xiao Ming, but from what I've seen he's very charismatic... I already like him better than Peter Ho. So... considering the final cast list, I REALLY hope the ending will be different from the book: that the girl will end up with Luo Xi instead... (Barbie and Huang Xiao Ming)

Well, one can always hope... usually, novels adapted into taiwanese movie/drama tend to follow the storyline quite faithfully.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to this :)

Guest sweetbluemoment

The cast seems pretty set in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to watching it.

Does anyone know when this drama is planning on airing? o_O?

Guest kazenai

I just saw on dramawiki, it says that Peter Ho is producing this drama ???

I guess this storyline might change afterall

^ The airing date has not been set.... Since it's "Summer's Bubble" I guess it'd be mostlikely in summer. May be August .

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest alicechen

From the title, I thought it would be a bubbly, light-hearted drama. But the previews posted above are intense and confusing. Peter looks dashing as the young master. Huang Xiao Ming looks hot in most of his scenes. hehe (Kissing sceneS with Barbie!)

My major complaint is Barbie's make up and hairstyle!! She is a gorgeous woman but the make up artist turned her into an old lady, pale and zombie-like. No-no.

Guest kazenai

I totally agree on the fact that the preview made the story extremely confusing. It even speculates who will end up with who, (way too easily) and Peter Ho said that they are just taking time to edit ... and look at what preview they gave us -.- , I am thinking that Peter Ho might over power the editing team and give us something so-so.

In terms of wardrobe and set -I think it's extremely well done...Barbie's hair (in the past -with bangs) isn't that bad imo, since we get to see her with another hairstyle in the end.

Overall, it does look extremely intense and melodramatic. I especially love the poster! nice colours (Barbie is stunning)

Update: It is set to air in March

Guest alicechen

In terms of wardrobe and set -I think it's extremely well done...Barbie's hair (in the past -with bangs) isn't that bad imo, since we get to see her with another hairstyle in the end.

Update: It is set to air in March

So there is an official airing date. I'm gonna check it out! :) Barbie's hair with bangs isn't that bad but the voluminous hair later is too much since she has such a small face. :o

I agree, the poster is beautiful. Barbie looks royal. :D

• 2 weeks later...

So guys! Im still extremely confused .. Who do you think is the male main lead ? Ou Chen or Luo Xi ? Actually i was cheering for Luo Xi cause hes hot hahah but if its Ou Chen the main lead i must prepare myself to change camp to not be disappointed by the drama .. So.. Anyone think that he knows whos the main lead ? Usually on dramawiki they put the name in order of "important" .. The main lead actors name come first .. and luo xi's name comes first on dramwiki .. But they say its peter ho .. OKAY! SO really confusing! :D

Archived