[TAIWAN DRAMA 2010] 泡沫之夏 PAO MO ZHI XIA/ SUMMER'S BUBBLE

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cut33

the novel is sooo much better than drama....

yeah but you can't compare the two. I think the best way to enjoy the drama is just to think separate from the novel. The drama itself is super good.

Guest toGETherONE

I just finished ep.02, I hope the steam from all characters keep constant. Good script so far.

Guest piggy_dude

yeah but you can't compare the two. I think the best way to enjoy the drama is just to think separate from the novel. The drama itself is super good.

Has the novel been translated anywhere? I completely heart this new series :D

It's too deep and complex!! :huh: I think she should just morph the two into one incredibly messed up, but cool person. :rolleyes:

GGAAHH!~ After all those months of waiting, finally, it aired! *O* lol xD

And woohhh! I was not disappointed! Soooo addictive! Got hooked right away!~ *O*

Ou Chen really loves her, but Luo Xi is soooo dang hawtttt! goodness! aaaahhhhh <3

Why is it airing only once a week! T_T The wait is like torture! x_x

ah, must download the hardsubbed one so that I can watch it over & over again *O* haha <3

Thanks, SUBlimes team! :)

Has the novel been translated anywhere? I completely heart this new series :D

It's too deep and complex!! :huh: I think she should just morph the two into one incredibly messed up, but cool person. :rolleyes:

it's been translated/summarized up to the second volume, chapter 12 here: http://tamarako.wordpress.com/category/novel/

and up to chapter 6 here: http://summersdesire.wordpress.com/

Guest leilaraymond

it's been translated/summarized up to the second volume, chapter 12 here: http://tamarako.wordpress.com/category/novel/

and up to chapter 6 here: http://summersdesire.wordpress.com/

Thanks so much!! I went to both places and it seems that summersdesire.wordpress.com have the better translated version since tamrako's translations are more of summaries.

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Barbie Hsu schemes her way into showbiz

Summer’s Desire got off to a disappointing start last week, but Barbie Hsu and company will be back again this Sunday with even more intense drama. Her character is in the midst of competing for a chance to debut as a singer, while Huang Xiao-Ming re-enters her life as a superstar who might be after her for revenge. Before she gets her big break, the aspiring singer will first get kidnapped and then rescued by Peter Ho. And despite being hurt, our heroine is in no rush to cover her wounds, because she will use them gain the sympathy of judges who will be deciding her fate...

In real life, Barbie Hsu faced her own challenge when she recorded the song “Diamond” for Summer's Desire. The insert track was written by her friend Mavis Fan, and its jazz-like arrangement required a husky voice to perform. Barbie Hsu spent two days in the recording studio but was unsatisfied with her singing. In the end, she drank some alcohol and completed the recording by deliberately lowering her voice. Unfortunately, the actress got a sore throat as a result which took a month to recover.

Barbie Hsu was also the subject of criticism after the drama's first episode went on air. Netizens are not complaining about her acting, but rather it was her make up that bothered them. There were comments about her eye makeup being too dark and gloomy, while her brows were too thick. Barbie Hsu responded through her manager, “That is in fact the real face of (her character) Yin Xia-Mo.” In the original novel, it describes Yin Xia-Mo as someone with “ivory skin, black hair flowing like seaweed, and eyes that are like sea water, but they remain cold even when she smiles.”

I'm watching summer's desire every sunday and reading the novel too...

And even thougth everyone seems to like Luo Xi better, for the first moment I saw him in Summer's desire poster, I don't know why but I start to not like him, and so now that I have watch the e eps. of SD I totally hate him because of his "cool" personality and I prefer more Peter Ho - Ou Chen in both the drama and novel...

So it's rather refreshing that XM will end up with Ou Chen, because I think XM actully don't love LX, she just notices him cuz they are so similar.

Guest sasgrace

Did I say Barbie looks DEAD ? Her character is supposed to somwhat manipulate people but I can't understand why 2 men fight for her.

Guest Yangie12

^ Yeah, she looks incredibly pale. Her face colour and body colour don't really match 0___0 But I read that she meant to be pale because in the novel, the girl is described like that. Not sure :]

I just finished episode two. I'm already in love with this drama <3

I'm not sure whether I should envy Xia Mo or not. She is very lucky to have two guys that are willingly to do everything for her; to love her unconditionally. But, it's just sad how fate decided to play with those three people.

At the moment, I don't really think that Xia Mo loves any of them. Actually, I doubt she loved Ou Chen in the past. Right now, she only cares about her chance at success and her little brother Xiao Cheng.

Well, we will see how this drama goes ^^

Guest sweetbluemoment

goodness i've been waiting for this drama to air since forever.

now that it has i'll make sure to watch it tonight or something.

Guest rice_baby

Does anyone know how many episodes is there going to be?

It's interesting how they begin the drama. It feels as if we just skipped the beginning and headed straight for the middle. So much has already happened in two episodes. I don't know how much longer they can keep up the intensity. With that said I'm anxiously awaiting the next episode.

Guest sweetbluemoment

okay so i just watched the two episodes last night.

and they were good, but not phenomenal.

i had a little bit of a hard time getting to know which guy was who in the first episode,

but the second episode definitely cleared it up.

Ou Chen definitely loves her.

Luo Xi, even though at times he seems to be really sweet and care about her, i just have a fishy feeling about him.

and why is he still with that other girl?

Guest green.teax

Wow, it's my first time replying on the new fast replyy :}

I love how you can edit size in fast reply now too. LOLS

So, I was sort of anticipating this drama, but sort of not. The plot seemed interesting, and it wasn't one of those ditzy dramas we see all the time in Taiwanese dramas. However, I learned that the main character is played by 大S....and I was like O_O

I like Huang Xiao Ming, but I don't like Peter Ho that much either. After I saw the preview, I thought it looked pretty suicidal. It wasn't intriguing like Cinderella's Sister, but I just found it to be a bit scary.

I think I'm still going to watch it though, does anyone know a site where I can watch it? I don't need subs though, I've tried Tudou but they didn't have it.

<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->I'm watching summer's desire every sunday and reading the novel too...

And even thougth everyone seems to like Luo Xi better, for the first moment I saw him in Summer's desire poster, I don't know why but I start to not like him, and so now that I have watch the e eps. of SD I totally hate him because of his "cool" personality and I prefer more Peter Ho - Ou Chen in both the drama and novel...

So it's rather refreshing that XM will <!--coloro:#FFC0CB--><span style="color:#FFC0CB"><!--/coloro-->end up with Ou Chen, because I think XM actully don't love LX, she just notices him cuz they are so similar.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

agree...agree...at first i thought xia mo doesnt deserve to be loved by the two guys because she wants to be successful and stuff...after ep 1 i started reading the novel and realized that ouchen is a better choice and she likes him...because she isnt the type to act like she will like someone.

i think louxi is ok...but after ep 3....something just make me dont like him...maybe his SMIRK....there is a sense of evil in it....

well... even tho i read the novel i still wanna watch the drama...

and ouchen and xia mo better end up together...

Archived