Jang Ja Yun's Manager Speaks Up.

Guest hellakoo

Guest iyseal

But in conclusion, I don't want anyone to be defensive, because I think this stuff happens everywhere, not just in Korea. I just have more firsthand observations from Korea. And also I want to say that I dont' think that entertainers (actresses, singers, etc) are necessarily immoral and dirty, just somewhat misguided and ambitious. It's a very tempting path. . . .

Wow, that is really interesting (and unfortunate). I mean, I have heard of American actresses and models "sleeping their way up" to the top... but for some reason I just never thought about the korean entertainment business being like that.

And as for MiSuDa.... like, I can't even imagine which one of those girls would have done such a thing. They all seem like such cool, normal people...

I really hope they bring this whole issue up to the public and work on fixing these horrible problems... ugh.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure not all companies are like this. It exists. It's cruel, but I don't think we can generalize all the companies, right?

I went to the company's website and see familiar faces... I wonder if those gals had to go through the same treatment.

JJY's death not only shed light on her history, but also those of her colleagues in her company.

Guest peachgaru

Wow, that is really interesting (and unfortunate). I mean, I have heard of American actresses and models "sleeping their way up" to the top... but for some reason I just never thought about the korean entertainment business being like that.

And as for MiSuDa.... like, I can't even imagine which one of those girls would have done such a thing. They all seem like such cool, normal people...

I really hope they bring this whole issue up to the public and work on fixing these horrible problems... ugh.

I don't want to go into a lot of detail, because there are some things I can't tell. . . But:

Hope I didn't point a finger to all of them-- a lot of them ARE really cool girls who really are just students. Particularly, when the show just started, it mostly looked for normal girls who had just come to Korea in order to learn Korean. That's why I wanted to be on the show so badly. It's just that the show is scripted and that the writers choose personalities for the girls and background stories that aren't 100% true. The ones who have stories like "I just flew to Korea and learned KOrean in two weeks and became a BIG star" are the ones who are fishy. . . netziens have already dug up dirt on a couple of the girls, like working at hostess bars, being in Korea FAR longer than they claimed, or being on prostitution websites.

But I wasn't training during the early days of the show, I was training during the "Jamilla" era, I'll call it hahaha. When the girls who were trying out didn't even have to speak Korean bc it's all scripted, and a lot of them already belonged to an agency and weren't students or office women at all. I heard wind of a lot of dirty stuff. But still there are some genuinely AWESOME girls there-- for ex. Luvada. It's just not all reality and you have to think of it in the frame of the entertainment business.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And oh yea, as one smart poster pm'd me.....I forgot to mention one thing that's been floating around on the Korean web community for a while. The X Files. Look into it... That's all.

And oh yea, as one smart poster pm'd me.....I forgot to mention one thing that's been floating around on the Korean web community for a while. The X Files. Look into it... That's all.

games_xfiles_ttl.jpg

???

Guest peachgaru

ahhhhhh #%. The XFiles is a document that was being passed around on the Korean web with all the secrets of celebs and stuff...a lot of people inside the business had contributed. My boyfriend sent it to me before and it's on my crashed laptop. I'll try to dig it up if I can get it up and running again and I can pm it to some people. I just called my boyfriend to see if it was still on the web, but he said it's illegal to post it now due to defamation charges.

Sorry to get hopes up. I thought it was still available. ;/

Guest iyseal

I don't want to go into a lot of detail, because there are some things I can't tell. . . But:

Hope I didn't point a finger to all of them-- a lot of them ARE really cool girls who really are just students. Particularly, when the show just started, it mostly looked for normal girls who had just come to Korea in order to learn Korean. That's why I wanted to be on the show so badly. It's just that the show is scripted and that the writers choose personalities for the girls and background stories that aren't 100% true. The ones who have stories like "I just flew to Korea and learned KOrean in two weeks and became a BIG star" are the ones who are fishy. . . netziens have already dug up dirt on a couple of the girls, like working at hostess bars, being in Korea FAR longer than they claimed, or being on prostitution websites.

But I wasn't training during the early days of the show, I was training during the "Jamilla" era, I'll call it hahaha. When the girls who were trying out didn't even have to speak Korean bc it's all scripted, and a lot of them already belonged to an agency and weren't students or office women at all. I heard wind of a lot of dirty stuff. But still there are some genuinely AWESOME girls there-- for ex. Luvada. It's just not all reality and you have to think of it in the frame of the entertainment business.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have heard of some of the MiSuDa girls being hostesses at bars and stuff... which I guess is pretty common. And I mean, I don't really think that that's such a horrible thing, cause it was their decisions, and it's probably in the past now, but the whole sleeping with PD's to get on the show thing seems like something that would come out of a drama or movie... it's just horrible, but I know there is truth in all of this.

The Jamilla era lol was when the ratings were at the highest right? I didn't even know that girls trained to get on the show. Like, some of the girls seem obviously scripted (like ... Bianca.. :phew: ) but I didn't think that was necessarily a bad thing.

I don't know. I am seriously saddened and shocked at all this, as many others probably are too.

And I have heard of the "X-files" too... I remember Kwon Sang Woo in particular had like a press conference or something about it... but I was young when that happened.

Guest peachgaru

I have heard of some of the MiSuDa girls being hostesses at bars and stuff... which I guess is pretty common. And I mean, I don't really think that that's such a horrible thing, cause it was their decisions, and it's probably in the past now, but the whole sleeping with PD's to get on the show thing seems like something that would come out of a drama or movie... it's just horrible, but I know there is truth in all of this.

The Jamilla era lol was when the ratings were at the highest right? I didn't even know that girls trained to get on the show. Like, some of the girls seem obviously scripted (like ... Bianca.. :phew: ) but I didn't think that was necessarily a bad thing.

I don't know. I am seriously saddened and shocked at all this, as many others probably are too.

And I have heard of the "X-files" too... I remember Kwon Sang Woo in particular had like a press conference or something about it... but I was young when that happened.

I don't know of anyone who actually slept with the PD personally. In my case it was a friend of his who offered a deal with me to give him sex in return for another chance. Also a lot of women are staff members for that show so not so much sexual harassment happens directly witht eh staff. Moreso, its that some did special favors with their management company/ agency to get on the show in the first place. Or the ever popular sleep with ajjushis to get money for plastic surgery or pay for their tuition or rent. Which is somewhat commonplace in Korea, even among non-celebs. A few of my Russian friends had these kind of relationships.

And Bianca....haha. I know a lot on her cuz she dated one of my classmates from my America uni. Not gonna say anything.

And it's not really "training" persay...it's more like a series of interviews where they weed it down to a final few and decide what personality you would fit into. If you're going to be temporary, you don't have to have a real distinct personality. But if you're going to be permanent you MUST have a hook. For Jamilla, it was being a richard simmons. For Luvada, it's that she talks like an ajumma and can be a tomboy. Bianca, it's her Busan saturi and manly slang. Etc. Etc. Again, not bad that it's scripted but that's how it works.

They thought from my application that I must be short so they wanted to have a who 빨강머리 앤 thing going for me, but when they saw that I'm an Amazon, they thought that I could fill "sexy" if I lost a lot of weight and I got some money for "beauty treatments." But since they had that already, it was hard to get me into any specific role. Plus I refuse to talk about how I came to Korea for a Korean husband and I like drinking soju with 잘아는 오빠들....

Blah...I could go on forever...anyways, no more talk about misuda, bc that whole experience made me coo coo. And I might delete it all later, bc I dont' want Korean netziens to translate all this and post it on the Korean webs. .

Guest miki.

This is...terrible. I'm speechless :(

RIP, Jang Ja Yun.

I hope whoever is truly responsible for this pays for what he's done...

Guest kriza_09

I just found a file on Korean website about a 112 pages of detailed analysis on Korean celebs (mostly actors/actresses) done by Dongseo Research. I'm not really sure if it's the right file, but I think it is. It is basically a research on 96 celebs based on their current position, skills/charm, self-image management, secrets, and rumors.. I guess it's to determine their worth (like if they want to use them for CFs and such).. and i have to say it's quite objective and professional.. It's dated back to Nov 2004, so nothing about DBSK, bigbang, etc..

They call it 'entertainers' X-file' and apparently there have been 'entertainers' X-file' part 2,3, and 4 since then... so far I can only found part 2.. now this one is more interesting... it has some scoops on the new celebs like Bigbang, Suju, SNSD, WG, Solbi, etc... and not as professional as the first one.. it talks more about what they're really like in person, who's dating whom, how some singers always lipsync (recording beforehand and then play the AR during performance to make it sound live)..

I'm really sorry for being off-topic...

Guest xskies

omggg this cant be happening :(

this is so horrible!

when they said PD i was like omggg pd from BOF? lol then i was like nah no way.

but anyways.. wooo bring it to justice!!

Guest ninnaa

omggg this cant be happening :(

this is so horrible!

when they said PD i was like omggg pd from BOF? lol then i was like nah no way.

but anyways.. wooo bring it to justice!!

i though that too,

my mom just told me that they found the PD.

i wonder whats gonna happen next..

she was such a beautiful girl,

rip.

Guest JiNi;

I just found a file on Korean website about a 112 pages of detailed analysis on Korean celebs (mostly actors/actresses) done by Dongseo Research. I'm not really sure if it's the right file, but I think it is. It is basically a research on 96 celebs based on their current position, skills/charm, self-image management, secrets, and rumors.. I guess it's to determine their worth (like if they want to use them for CFs and such).. and i have to say it's quite objective and professional.. It's dated back to Nov 2004, so nothing about DBSK, bigbang, etc..

They call it 'entertainers' X-file' and apparently there have been 'entertainers' X-file' part 2,3, and 4 since then... so far I can only found part 2.. now this one is more interesting... it has some scoops on the new celebs like Bigbang, Suju, SNSD, WG, Solbi, etc... and not as professional as the first one.. it talks more about what they're really like in person, who's dating whom, how some singers always lipsync (recording beforehand and then play the AR during performance to make it sound live)..

I'm really sorry for being off-topic...

I remember hearing about this but I never really looked into it. Where can you find this at?

Guest inyeon.

I want to know about the x-files as well...Its so interesting.

But at the same time, I really dont want to invade privacy..

Certain things Im really curious about. As for lipsyncing and stuff, I dont really care.

But as for...whos dating whom? ;) just kidding ._.

Guest peachgaru

That's not the x-file that those articles are referring to....though I'd be interested to see it. The one that everyone's worked up about is just dirt on celebs and you won't find it posted anymore bc it's illegal.

Guest eternitygoddess

Wow.

This is so sketch.

And now we're opening the X-files.

Good lord. I feel like I'm in a movie mystery.

Archived