Jang Ja Yun's Manager Speaks Up.

Guest hellakoo

Sorry that I only quote your reply, but this applies to other replies as well.

I just wanted to say something on your comment about 'I don't think there's a single celeb with a 100% true self displayed to the public'. That is absolutely true. But it is as true for celebs as it is for us. I think we ourselves never present our 100% true selves either to other people as we become adults and get into the real world. Every time we walk out of the door, we always put on a mask and hide our dirt when we are in the presence of public, sometimes even in front of our own friends and families. During an interview when looking for a job, all interviewees would 'sell' themselves with all the good things and hide all the 'dirt'. A salesman would only talk about how good his product is, even though it actually sucks and useless. Now celebrities are public figures. The public is basically their consumers/employers. So they're just doing the same thing as we all do. Just because their dirt is more scandalous than ours and a lot more people are involved in covering their dirt, it doesn't make them that much worse than us.

Having said that, I got a lot of pms asking me to share that 'X-file' file. I contemplated a lot whether to share or not, and I decided not to. Not just because it's illegal or anything, but I think by sharing this file that has a lot of unproven rumors of celebs' dirt, it means I'm involved in making people think negatively of other people and I really don't like that. If you or someone you know plan to be an artist in Korea and need to know about the situation there, you can pm me and I'll copy paste just the rumor section without revealing the celebs' names. I think that's the best way. Hope you can understand.

I agree with you. Celebrities just get the short end of the stick because image is priority to them, whereas, for us, image isn't always #1 on our list. It's probably pretty high up there a lot of times, but our whole career usually isn't built on upholding an image. Yes, we all have dirt to hide from everybody else, but most people don't care. Celebrities, on the other hand, it's on a whole different scale. Of course, that doesn't make them much worse than us, but I think it's probably much easier for them to fall into these 'dirty deeds' because it's a whole different network from regular society.

I'm pretty sure you have the right file, btw. It's not hard to dig something up from the internet when it was once widely circulated a few years ago.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

though it is quite burdensome to read long post

i am glad to actually read some intelligent comments, it's been a while!

hanfever.com has done some news translation about the investigation...

Following the exposure of Jang Ja Yun’s suicide document which unveiled the deep dark secrets of the entertainment industry whereby she and many other artistes were abused, beaten and forced to have sex with prominent figures spanning various industries, the South Korea Police Department held a press conference today (16th) morning to give an update on the investigation progress. Meanwhile, the conspiracy theory also deepens as netizens discovered a shocking detail that actresses who had committed suicide (Jung Da Bin and Choi Jin Shil) were once an artiste of Kim, also the representative of Jang Ja Yun’s management agency.

According to the announcement from the police spokesperson, the police has submitted a request to the high court to seek investigation permission on Jang Ja Yun’s phone logs and emails. The suicide document received has also been sent to the forensic department for verification.

In regards to the 10 over prominent figures mentioned in the suicide note, the spokesperson expressed that the investigations on them will only begin after verifying the details documented in the notes. The spokesperson also revealed that the investigation against the representative of Jang Ja Yun’s management agency (the Contents Entertainment), Kim Sung Hoon, couldn’t begin as Kim is currently still in Japan but remain uncontactable (cellphone off).

In addition, a discovery made by netizens also revealed that late Jung Da Bin and Choi Jin Shil were once the artiste of Kim and their suicides were coincidentally labeled as “depression” (as with Jang Ja Yun before this suicide document was revealed). Furthermore, actress Kim Nam Joo and Go So Young who were in the past involved in sex bribery case were ex-artistes of Kim. Hence, netizens established the case that Kim might be the culprit behind all these.

news credit and source : hanfever.com

edit...

yes, the "victims" have a choice but most of them were too young to know that they were lured and they would only realize the hell that they have put themselves into when it is too late.

it is a bit difficult to explain

but if you look into it in a different perspective,

you'll realize that it is not as easy as you thought it would be.

i am not saying that ALL of those agencies are evil doers.

there are still some CLEAN and GOOD ones!!

but the danger is that most EVIL MONSTERS are not confined in a single company.

there may be agencies with clean motives but snakes crawl freely from here to there.

top management may be unaware of these but the cronies are on attack for personal gain.

the venom is everywhere.

one decision can bring success and failure.

you scratch my back i scratch yours.

these have been going on forever,

the question is when will it end?

i hope it is very soon...

edit again...

it is getting twisted by the hour.

Mystery thickens around Jang Ja-yeon document

March 17, 2009

Bundang police plan to summon over 10 high-profile figures listed in a document allegedly written by late actress Jang Ja-yeon before she committed suicide, if it indeed proves to be authentic.

“We asked the National Institute of Scientific Investigation to conduct a handwriting analysis to confirm who created the document and how. If the authenticity is confirmed, we think the figures listed in the document should be summoned for questioning,” Oh Ji-yong, the officer in charge of the investigation at the Bundang Police Precinct, Gyeonggi, said yesterday.

The document, whose contents were revealed to the public by KBS TV on Friday night, outlines sexual humiliation Jang suffered along with the people who allegedly inflicted it. According to police, the producer of a TV program, an executive of a large company and a high-ranking person in the media industry were among those in the list.

Oh said, “We have made several attempts to contact Kim, the head of Jang’s former management company who is currently in Japan, to question him about the document and the truth of the contents. But we have so far failed to contact him.”

Meanwhile, different assertions regarding the origin of the document from Jang’s bereaved family and her manager, Yoo, caused confusion.

Jang’s family says they witnessed the documents being burned on Thursday at 6 p.m., after agreeing with the manager that they should be destroyed because the head of Jang’s former management company might be trying to obtain them.

“That was the first time we saw the documents. We asked Yoo to hand the papers over to us but he refused. He said that it would be safer if the document was either kept by him or burned,” police quoted her older brother and older sister as saying.

How KBS got the documents and revealed them on a news program the next day are one of many aspects of the story that remain a mystery. The family blamed Yoo for leaking the contents, but Yoo denied the allegation on Friday morning.

According to her family, Jang had confessed to her brother and sister on Feb. 28 that she wrote the document with Yoo. Specifically, Yoo told her that he was fully aware of all the treatment she had suffered and promised to protect her. She was allegedly told to write the document and mark it with her thumbprint.

Yoo maintains that the contents of the document were true.

Her brother and sister, however, disagree. They allege Yoo may be using the document in a case against Jang’s former management company.

“Ja-yeon was not the kind of person to insult people. She only told good stories at home. We never even imagined she could have suffered from sexual assaults. We assume that she was made to write the document and leave her fingerprint,” police quoted them as saying.

By Jang Joo-young, Lee Min-yong Staff Reporter [smartpower@joongang.co.kr]

source : joongangdaily.com

Guest ninyaah

I contemplated a lot whether to share or not, and I decided not to. Not just because it's illegal or anything, but I think by sharing this file that has a lot of unproven rumors of celebs' dirt, it means I'm involved in making people think negatively of other people and I really don't like that.

I think that's really nice and admirable of you. Us people like to dig up other people's dirt and say bad things about them. All of us can be so hypocritical at times. Honestly, I'm just as curious as anybody else is about those files. But. I don't think that reading such rumors is going to be beneficial to me or the others. These are rumors -- these are not proven. True or not, I don't think we have any right to judge these celebrities.

Guest iyseal

Hmm, I'm really curious if the file I found yesterday is really the right one... Has anybody read it??? Keep in mind that some of the other profiles aren't as 'clean' as this one and that's why I decided not to share them.

Hey, I just sent the images to my friend and she said that that WAS the file... maybe she couldn't find the file because it is blocked on korean websites in Korea?

I'm REALLY curious about what it says, but I'm glad you decided not to share it... I don't know if any of the stuff on there is true, but it must be really hurtful.

I just read the Part 2 file of the current X-File that's out right now, but I don't know.... a lot of it seems to be like high school gossip that someone wrote down in a book. I guess some of it's true but I still don't believe that all korean celebrities are that messed up and horrible.

Guest eternitygoddess

“Ja-yeon was not the kind of person to insult people. She only told good stories at home. We never even imagined she could have suffered from sexual assaults. We assume that she was made to write the document and leave her fingerprint,” police quoted them as saying.

The family is VERY FISHY. Me thinks they're getting bribed or they're hiding something.

Judging by the state and manner of the documents, it's highly implausible that she was "forced" to write them.

Guest fallen*angel*

The family is VERY FISHY. Me thinks they're getting bribed or they're hiding something.

Judging by the state and manner of the documents, it's highly implausible that she was "forced" to write them.

i agree. her family probably wants to hide the truth.

Guest lil_miss_kawaii

this is so sad :(

makes me wanna cry

but its sad things like this happen all the time in the ent industry and no one can do nething about it

:(

Poor JangJaYun

RIP!

Guest hellakoo

----

hope you don't mind that i put this on the front page.

thanks so much for translating. this is rlly shocking.

wow...the update just got even more confusing and adds more mystery...

it is quite a big coincidence that all those actresses were all from Kim's Ent.

and now...he's hidding??? that's even worse...

who are the recent actresses or actors there now?? in that entertainment??

maybe they'll have something to say...unless they're too scared to say

anything...money problems..maybe.

Guest bitter SOOweet

ridiculous

i really hope they get to the bottem of this

this is unheard of.

if this management or whoever also was the cause behind JDB and CJSs suicides as well...... oh man. thats just unheard of.

Guest hakata

Gawdd,this is seriously creeping me out..I wouldn't have pulled throught if I was her..Poor girl..HARASSED,BEATEN UP AND FORCED TO SLEEP WITH THE FREAKIN bubble gum PD??WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY??

Guest mika.16

Theres apparently talk going on about a so-called 'Jang JaYeon law' at the moment which is good news. Theyre trying to introduce laws to really properly regulate the entertainment industry, checking how contracts are written, actually going to the companies to check on them and all companies have to register something(??). Theyre saying it might be introduced as early as this year.

Atleast something good might come out of this =(

BTW, of course the entertainment industry is screwed up, but remember there ARE genuine 'clean' companies out there too. ( i REALLY hope JYP & YG are clean!! )

and for the X Files, the first one from a few years back is a 'professional' document.

It was written from first hand sources. (It caused quite a controversy because a famous entertainment news reporter (i THINK its Jo Yong-Gu) was one of those sources =S)

the new one (or 'Part 2') is apparently just a list of rumors collected on the net. So not as trustworthy.

And also, JJY wrote a list of roughly 10 people she had been assaulted by, and it included PDs, drama production reps and a politician! All apparently linked to, or friends with her company's CEO Mr Kim. How twisted. Ugh

Guest JJ.biased

yeh I agree with a few people this thread should be into one topic because theres a few about her. but the ent industry is so confusing and i thought being made to sleep with the manager was old school =/

What in the world is wrong with the family.

They're like trying to work against the police and their investigation.

I know they want peace, no media whatsoever, but don't they also want justice.

They're like, "she died so get over it"

Guest swtpea01

I really hope this incident becomes a wake up call for the entertainment industry in Korea. I know there are agencies with good motives and wouldn't exploit their actresses/actors, but for sure this incident proves that there are agencies out there that do exploit their clients and are basically using them.

I hope they find the person who is at fault. Truth always reveals itself, and what is done to others will be done to you. ;)

Archived