Jang Ja Yun's Manager Speaks Up.

Guest hellakoo

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jaejoongie <3

this makes me want to ditch bof all together. Although I feel bad for the people who play in it. This really just makes me sick.

Guest missstranger

Oh man, that's insane.

It makes me wonder about other actresses who's ever worked for this PD.

I'm sure she wasn't the first. :ph34r:

Guest lumiere

Do you guys feel sorry for her? Well, I don't. If I am to choose between my dignity and celebrity status, I would definitely choose my dignity. In what sense was she 'forced' to have sex? She wasn't raped, it was her own choice. She was selling her body in order to become popular. People like this disgust me.

It's people like you who disgust me.

Get off your moral high horse. Don't you understand that sexual abuse, whether she submits to it or not, takes away the victim's sense of "dignity" and self-worth? She said it herself, she was emotionally weak and once the abuse started, she couldn't escape even though she obviously WANTED TO. She sank into depression and had resort to killing herself to escape it.

The PD is in a position of power, and he took full advantage of that to physically beat her and emotionally cripple her. By saying that she was a willing participant, you imply that the PD was not at fault, that his advances were welcomed, and that he can't be blamed for taking what was offered to him. Does this sound right to you?

Also, it was stated that she was having financial difficulties. Trying to get by, without the cushion of parents to support you when you're in dire need, must not be something you've ever experienced. She wasn't trying to get popular, or why would she kill herself while she had a part in the biggest drama in Korea right now? She was trying to survive, and obviously she didn't even want that anymore.

It's sad how the only person willing to see the PD brought to justice, or at least recognized for his misdeeds, was also about to kill himself for the backlash that would ensue. It's the responses of narrow-minded people like you who made him afraid.

Guest JJ.biased

HUH?! this is getting all messed up and freakier more more ... T_________T"' here goes my goosebumps again..

Guest lccyn

is this another reliable source?

every two days there is a different story to it..

anyway.. I wish this girl in heaven will rest in peace.

this is just awful. just awful....i truly regret that i had believed she committed suicide.

i hope this case will be taken into court. it has to be. What the PD did and has done is just beyond

business...but actually making her under his command. i think everyone who was involve in this case

should be taken to court. she even went to report the harassment..but was ignored.

Guest bloopy_babo

OMG WTH!!!

THAT IS FREAKING CRAZY!?!?!??!

But did she really have to die?

Could she not have reported this?

This is like a Korean drama.

Guest doofus9

no freaking way... god i feel so sad for these artists/actors and "normal" people who have to stoop down to sleep with people just to earn a living. i think this is just horrible :/. much props to the manager who had the guts to expose the PD for his friend

and shame on her management for not giving her the help and strength she needed

Guest renjitehsmex

yeah it's pretty crazy. actually sleeping with pd/directors etc is a normal thing in the industry, Korea is not an exception.

but i'm sure JJY's family will be very much affected by this. i wished the pd didn't say it out though. in the end, the only people who will be suffering is her family.

Guest SongBird

That is just heartbreaking. It is sad that the old story of sleeping with someone in order to get ahead in life still exists. This disgusts me. Poor girl. I am upset at the family too. It's like suffering from rape, but your family is too ashamed to even talk about it while you are a victim of it. It is just upsetting and sickening. I hope that if the events were true, karma would serve its justice.

Guest YnNhiTrn

While she did make the choice to basically sell her body for a shot at fame, I think that the issue at hand is that this type of system shouldn't even be in place, where girls (maybe even guys--there are some pervy ahjooma-PDs out there probably, and half of the boys look like girls sometimes) shouldn't have to be forced to participate in that sort of activities to make their dreams a reality. PDs shouldn't be giving career favors for sexual ones, and girls shouldn't even have to think of those opinions.

No one can say that everyone can make it with only hard work in the business, or even in this world. :\ A lot of people look so strongly to their dreams that they would do anything, and this can be seen in plastic surgery as well (as in, people are willing to endure pain to become a cookie-cutter image of beauty, to achieve that dream of beauty). We can't just only blame Jayun sshi for selling herself or even the PD who beat her and used her--we also have to blame the industry for allowing this to go on, as evidenced by the head of her company's reaction. Her situation seems pretty typical to me actually--a new-comer who wants to be a star will probably meet all sorts of obstacles and have to resort to less-than-preferable means to have their way (because really, in a business perspective, would you hire a newbie who's in their late 20s when compared to either an established pro who's the same age or an even younger, more attractive newbie with just as much talent?). We see it all the time, people who get by with connections, but sometimes you have to give up a little more to get the same opportunities.

I know that the drama On Air addressed this somewhat when it aired last year, but I don't think it really spread to anyone outside of the viewing base given the reactions of people to this. It's not a new thing, all of this corruption, despite how scandalized and surprised people are reacting. But this still needs to be changed.

I don't approve of the fact that she committed suicide. It's a way out of suffering, and that's kind of like running away. But I can see the benefits of releasing this after her death. If she was still alive when this came out, people would call her a rainbow or that PD would ruin her for sure and nothing would have gotten accomplished. By being dead, she's protected in a way and it brings out the sympathy in people (however biased it may turn in her favor).

She has more power to go against this type of system dead than she did when she was alive--but it's a matter of how Korea and the entertainment industry handle this that will decide whether her death will be in vain or whether numerous upcoming talents will be forced to take the same path. :\

I'm sure that people who don't feel so strongly about their dreams can't sympathize complete with her, because dignity is such a big thing to many of us. But those who have truly suffered for their dreams.. even if it's not to the extent that Jayun went through or even if it's more so, people who have felt that desperation of willing to do anything and have felt being completely powerless and "emotionally weak" when it came to looking at their dreams, maybe those types of people will be able to understand more? Everyone is different though, so we all make different choices, so maybe unlike some of you guys, she put her dream before dignity instead of the other way around and maybe that's just hard to comprehend. When has no one not degraded themself for something they wanted (you know, kiss-asses, teacher's pets, brown-nosing, even a little).

Guest eternitygoddess

but i'm sure JJY's family will be very much affected by this. i wished the pd didn't say it out though. in the end, the only people who will be suffering is her family.

I'm GLAD he spoke out.

People need to know these things.

I hope the PD reveals all the contents of the diary so people can truly understand the black side of the entertainment industry.

PDs need to lose that power and control they have, b/c they think they're immune to repercussions.

Guest doremii*

the entertainment industry is messed up.. and it's not only in Korea

I don't really know what to say about this issue.. RIP JJY

Guest peachgaru

I've said it on here before, and no one believes me-- the entire Korean entertainment business works this way. You sleep your way up. The cutsey "never had a boyfriend" crap is for PR only. Don't believe anything you read in interview-- the girls AND the guys are all being exploited. A lot of your favorite idols are being passed on by older PDs and businessmen / wealthy women in order to get better jobs and have more money pumped into the promotion of their careers. From a VERY young age. All of the top Korean stars have a sponsor and usually Koreans in Korea gossip about who is sleeping with one CEO or which male star has a male sponsor, etc.

But I believe that the temptation of success and acceptance is powerful and the reason a lot of Korean entertainers are from lower class backgrounds is that they're trying to secure a better life for their family. The family knows what's going on but they see this system as an exit out of poverty and into the upperclass. Don't judge these people. A lot of them have just been seduced by the prospect of success and money, and I believe that we're all guilty of that at times.

I wasn't soooo deeply involved in the Korean entertainment business. I only did some extra roles, but I did know a few celebrities, mostly Korean-American ones through my church. One of them was at my church, in my Sunday school class, and is a famous singer in Korea. The things he's told me are SHOCKING and cruel. He often cried due to the things he had witnessed. He's not as famous or successful anymore, even though he's handsome and talented. A large part of this is that his Christian faith has prevented him from adopting a sponsor ahjumma or sleeping with prostitutes that his management has offered him.

And then there is my friend's dad who won't allow her to watch Kim Ajoong onscreen bc of the things she does during the business meetings she attends with the ajjushis at his company. I'm not even going to go into detail.

The deepest I fell into Korean entertainment was training for MiSuDa. I was one of the final girls who they were considering to be on the show. I was training while Jamilla was debuting....so it was during the show's transition into "sexy"..I remember watching her pracitce all her slutty lines (YES it is scripted). Basically, there are some girls on the show who are good and decent and ONLY students, but they usually only stay on for a few weeks and then they're out. ONly those girls who "go an extra mile" stayed on continually. With the exception of Leslie and a couple of others. Eventually it was decided I wasn't right for the show bc my accent wasn't "foreign enough" and "Korean guys wouldn't be attracted to me bc my eyes are like a cat and my hair is red". . . and that I needed to lose weight. Oh yea, and I refused to say stupid slutty stuff like "오빠ㅏㅏㅏ, 고추 먹을래요 ㅋㅋㅋ" or that I wanted to marry a Korean guy only. I was really depressed afterwards, because I wanted to be on the show in order to work for the Tourism Branch or Cultural Ministry later on...

But later, I had been tutoring a Korean director (a married man) for a while and he mentioned that he knew the MiSuDa PD as a friend and that he could get me another chance to be on the show or get different jobs.....he made a call and then said that this could happen IF I would go out with him (not the PD, but the my student, the director) and drink soju and stay at a hotel with him. I declined. Of course I never had another chance.

But in conclusion, I don't want anyone to be defensive, because I think this stuff happens everywhere, not just in Korea. I just have more firsthand observations from Korea. And also I want to say that I dont' think that entertainers (actresses, singers, etc) are necessarily immoral and dirty, just somewhat misguided and ambitious. It's a very tempting path. . . .

Guest PrototypeStacy

I can't believe the manager tried to commit suicide. If he has proof, he should at least know that he should be alive to show it. D:

Man, I hope everything gets figured out. It's so spooky.

But I have a feeling that the family knew what was happening to JJY, which is maybe why they were so quick to drop the whole case. \=

But I guess I understand that it could also be because it hurts too much. Totally understandable.

Guest AS1AND0LL

Wow :[ I just feel so bad for her, I wish none of this would've ended this way for her, she was so talented.

Archived