Guest hellakoo

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Wickerman

WHAT ENTERTAINMENT DOES SHE BELONG TO??

The Contents Entertainment.

http://www.the-contents.com/

Bad people! This whole thing feels like a movie.

Looking at pictures of Lee Mi Sook, and Ko So Young on that website,

you can't help but think... :mellow:

And someone verify, I read that the late Jung Da Bin and Choi Jin Sil

who also killed themselves were from this same company? That might

be something authorities need to re-investigate.

Guest kissybabalu

this is getting really twisted

I hope they handle everything

and solve everything

so that Jang Ja Yun can finally

rest peacefully.

She is an angel.

Guest Happy_Day

I guess it's true that the Korean entertainment world is really dirty. I heard most K-actresses have to go through this before getting famous, even the ones who look really pure and innocent.

And I heard that actress JungDaBin and singer Yooni and even top star ChoiJinShil (all committed sucicide) worked under the same PD/company as JangJaYun. They might have gone through this too.

But also, I think it's stupid to depict oneself as 100% victim. Yes, certain K-entertainment companies are dirty, but it's your choice to sleep with someone in order to become a celebrity. To a certain point, it can be blackmail or threat, but in the beginning or at some point, you are choosing to succumb to all these dirty things. How can you say it's all the company's fault, it's not like they completely forced you to. (You=people in general)

Guest fritz

is this really happening in korea??? how bout those actresses and singers who really have a clean image? did they lied about that too?? are you saying that the celebrities that we love is not that genuine and they are not what they seem to be on tv.......

is this really happening in korea??? how bout those actresses and singers who really have a clean image? did they lied about that too?? are you saying that the celebrities that we love is not that genuine and they are not what they seem to be on tv.......

Yes, some. Actually, probably most.

Well, without X-files, we kind of already knew that since all celebrities have an image to uphold that is carefully controlled by their handlers.

I don't think there's a single celeb with a 100% true self displayed to the public. No matter how genuine they may seem on screen. This is a given though because celebs would never think about airing their dirt from behind closed doors. And trust me, most people have dirt to hide. It's just an issue of severity. One thing might be super shocking, another might be meh.

Of course, that doesn't guarantee that every single celebrity and their staff are sleeping with each other (or whatever other shocking rumour), but the way the system is set up makes it easy for the many people involved to fall into such 'underground business'.

hopefully this will push the entertainment industry to "clean" up. korea still has a long way to go. another area i hope things change for the better is the field of sports... you hear so many stories of abuse to athletes, especially to female athletes.

Guest iyseal

p.s. that X-file thing...it was still available on some K-blogs as scans of the PDF...

up to maybe, 2-3 years ago? anyway i found it quite boring, just lots of "dry" info.

obviously it's interesting if you're a fan of certain stars, but it's so clinical and assured

in tone (as though it believes everything profiled was "true", no arguments),

yet still serving their own needs of watching out for "problematic" stars to represent

their brand, act in their production.

To clear some stuff up, I asked my friend who lives in Korea, and she said that the X-Files are like, literally not allowed to be on the Internet, because of how damaging it is to people's reputation. So, according to her, if someone happens to post it up (which is highly unlikely because not many people have the file itself) then it is immediately taken down, either by the hosting website, or by someone else, I guess.. I don't know if this is true, but that's what she told me. So I don't know if that file is actually still in circulation somewhere in cyberspace.

ahhhh that's so sad and sick!

so for now they still think it's a suicide? they're not sure someone killed her right?

maybe it's a whole serial murder thing, the suicides. ok, imagination running wild, here.

but anyway...

the PD better get what he deserves. something quite severe, i'm hoping.

RIP to her :[

Guest ilikebeingtough

many years ago my friend's friend moved to korea from america to start her singing career~ she eventually moved back because... she said all those "business meetings" involved PDs and other ajussis passing her their hotel room keys

Guest Mishxmish

I hope through this saddening and shocking experience, there will be a stop to women exploitation and that Jang's death would not be just ruled out as a celebrity suicide but truly a change in Korean Entertainment buisness...

i feel as if her family tries to cover up this whole ordeal it makes jang's death absolutely trivial. There needs to be more protection for women in the entertainment business. Think how many other women celebrities go on enduring their lives feeling as if they are some sexual objects. Although suicide is wrong, i hope we make Jang's manager a heroine who protects women. Because he protected Jang's only pride by risking his life and revealing her death note.

I also read through the post and there are many who are sympathetic towards her death and those who feel she could have had more dignity and went another way to gain fame... but i want to say one thing... Culture is very different in Korea as it is different in America. Women at many times do not have political efficacy or power. I totally agree that suicide is not the right path but i feel that the culture in Korea drove her to her death. I am not trying to condemn Korea culture but even in the 21st century we see that there are no improvements and this truly calls for a change.

Guest _ijusswannabeme_

yeah I heard from all the korean

entertainment shows like Entertainment

Relay, Section t.v, etc as well as

the cable shows and morning shows, etc. where

her ex-manager and her friends came

out and said that she was having a

lot of problems with her current entertainment

company and that she wasn't happy there

and wanted to leave. When she expressed

her desire to leave, they threatened her

by saying that they'll sue her for going against

the contract that she signed with them etc,

and basically like threatening her from leaving.

Guest kriza_09

Well, without X-files, we kind of already knew that since all celebrities have an image to uphold that is carefully controlled by their handlers.

I don't think there's a single celeb with a 100% true self displayed to the public. No matter how genuine they may seem on screen. This is a given though because celebs would never think about airing their dirt from behind closed doors. And trust me, most people have dirt to hide. It's just an issue of severity. One thing might be super shocking, another might be meh.

Of course, that doesn't guarantee that every single celebrity and their staff are sleeping with each other (or whatever other shocking rumour), but the way the system is set up makes it easy for the many people involved to fall into such 'underground business'.

Sorry that I only quote your reply, but this applies to other replies as well.

I just wanted to say something on your comment about 'I don't think there's a single celeb with a 100% true self displayed to the public'. That is absolutely true. But it is as true for celebs as it is for us. I think we ourselves never present our 100% true selves either to other people as we become adults and get into the real world. Every time we walk out of the door, we always put on a mask and hide our dirt when we are in the presence of public, sometimes even in front of our own friends and families. During an interview when looking for a job, all interviewees would 'sell' themselves with all the good things and hide all the 'dirt'. A salesman would only talk about how good his product is, even though it actually sucks and useless. Now celebrities are public figures. The public is basically their consumers/employers. So they're just doing the same thing as we all do. Just because their dirt is more scandalous than ours and a lot more people are involved in covering their dirt, it doesn't make them that much worse than us.

Having said that, I got a lot of pms asking me to share that 'X-file' file. I contemplated a lot whether to share or not, and I decided not to. Not just because it's illegal or anything, but I think by sharing this file that has a lot of unproven rumors of celebs' dirt, it means I'm involved in making people think negatively of other people and I really don't like that. If you or someone you know plan to be an artist in Korea and need to know about the situation there, you can pm me and I'll copy paste just the rumor section without revealing the celebs' names. I think that's the best way. Hope you can understand.

To clear some stuff up, I asked my friend who lives in Korea, and she said that the X-Files are like, literally not allowed to be on the Internet, because of how damaging it is to people's reputation. So, according to her, if someone happens to post it up (which is highly unlikely because not many people have the file itself) then it is immediately taken down, either by the hosting website, or by someone else, I guess.. I don't know if this is true, but that's what she told me. So I don't know if that file is actually still in circulation somewhere in cyberspace.

Hmm, I'm really curious if the file I found yesterday is really the right one... Has anybody read it???

edit: It is indeed the right file. So no need for these screencaps anymore.

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

wait.. she was harassed and forced to sleep with BOF's PD.. O.o

yeah... I thought the BOF PD was a woman.

Am I completely wrong? O__O

Guest edmame

I also read through the post and there are many who are sympathetic towards her death and those who feel she could have had more dignity and went another way to gain fame... but i want to say one thing... Culture is very different in Korea as it is different in America. Women at many times do not have political efficacy or power. I totally agree that suicide is not the right path but i feel that the culture in Korea drove her to her death. I am not trying to condemn Korea culture but even in the 21st century we see that there are no improvements and this truly calls for a change.

hello, about the different career path...i was thinking about the recent boom, in careers of im ji-gyu (gained fame from 2~3 indie movies), the new actresses in Miss Carrot (they had stage experience), uhm ki joon (musicals), etc. the news is still constantly updating on Jang Ja-yun. it can get very discouraging to read, as a woman, that we still suffer so much in this old, diseased way. so i was thinking of more proactive, can-do action things. i didn't mean JJY had no dignity (a viewpoint more likely held by the "oh she's a rainbow, if not virgin no more" folks :fury: ) i was trying to suggest ways to hold onto one's dignity. anyway, hope something constructive comes out of this tragedy.

Archived