Jang Ja Yun's Manager Speaks Up.

Guest hellakoo

Guest CONSTANCE

DAMN THIS THING IS MORE TWISTED THAN ANYONE THOUGHT O_O ....

ahh poor girl :( im glad the manager brought this to the public ..

b@st@rds like that should go to jail!! adslkjfkldjf ahhh

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omg

that is just horrible

poor her.

how on earth can something like that happen to her :(

wat's wrong with that freakin PD..

UGHHHH

and he's the PD of BOF??

seriously???

hope he stays away from other actresses then..

shame on his. UGH!

ohmans, so there was indeed something even deeper going on. dang, i hope she rests in peace and that stupid idiotic guy gets put to justice. guh this is just so frustrating >.<

I've said it on here before, and no one believes me-- the entire Korean entertainment business works this way. You sleep your way up. The cutsey "never had a boyfriend" crap is for PR only. Don't believe anything you read in interview-- the girls AND the guys are all being exploited. A lot of your favorite idols are being passed on by older PDs and businessmen / wealthy women in order to get better jobs and have more money pumped into the promotion of their careers. From a VERY young age. All of the top Korean stars have a sponsor and usually Koreans in Korea gossip about who is sleeping with one CEO or which male star has a male sponsor, etc.

But I believe that the temptation of success and acceptance is powerful and the reason a lot of Korean entertainers are from lower class backgrounds is that they're trying to secure a better life for their family. The family knows what's going on but they see this system as an exit out of poverty and into the upperclass. Don't judge these people. A lot of them have just been seduced by the prospect of success and money, and I believe that we're all guilty of that at times.

I wasn't soooo deeply involved in the Korean entertainment business. I only did some extra roles, but I did know a few celebrities, mostly Korean-American ones through my church. One of them was at my church, in my Sunday school class, and is a famous singer in Korea. The things he's told me are SHOCKING and cruel. He often cried due to the things he had witnessed. He's not as famous or successful anymore, even though he's handsome and talented. A large part of this is that his Christian faith has prevented him from adopting a sponsor ahjumma or sleeping with prostitutes that his management has offered him.

And then there is my friend's dad who won't allow her to watch Kim Ajoong onscreen bc of the things she does during the business meetings she attends with the ajjushis at his company. I'm not even going to go into detail.

The deepest I fell into Korean entertainment was training for MiSuDa. I was one of the final girls who they were considering to be on the show. I was training while Jamilla was debuting....so it was during the show's transition into "sexy"..I remember watching her pracitce all her slutty lines (YES it is scripted). Basically, there are some girls on the show who are good and decent and ONLY students, but they usually only stay on for a few weeks and then they're out. ONly those girls who "go an extra mile" stayed on continually. With the exception of Leslie and a couple of others. Eventually it was decided I wasn't right for the show bc my accent wasn't "foreign enough" and "Korean guys wouldn't be attracted to me bc my eyes are like a cat and my hair is red". . . and that I needed to lose weight. Oh yea, and I refused to say stupid slutty stuff like "오빠ㅏㅏㅏ, 고추 먹을래요 ㅋㅋㅋ" or that I wanted to marry a Korean guy only. I was really depressed afterwards, because I wanted to be on the show in order to work for the Tourism Branch or Cultural Ministry later on...

But later, I had been tutoring a Korean director (a married man) for a while and he mentioned that he knew the MiSuDa PD as a friend and that he could get me another chance to be on the show or get different jobs.....he made a call and then said that this could happen IF I would go out with him (not the PD, but the my student, the director) and drink soju and stay at a hotel with him. I declined. Of course I never had another chance.

But in conclusion, I don't want anyone to be defensive, because I think this stuff happens everywhere, not just in Korea. I just have more firsthand observations from Korea. And also I want to say that I dont' think that entertainers (actresses, singers, etc) are necessarily immoral and dirty, just somewhat misguided and ambitious. It's a very tempting path. . . .

for all its worth, i believe you...

these things still exist in the business,

but only those within the business knows.

it is rather unusual to say anything about it in public.

the culture of shame...

it is like the old bad mafia doing the business,

well not all of them. but the most of BIG Players in the industry still is doing the DIRTY business.

the whole world will be shocked how things are inside.

and WHO are their victims. :o

you wouldn't even dare to think it is possible.

now you will say why no one dare to speak about it?

for them, telling the world about this shame is like committing suicide yourself.

not only would you put yourself to public shame and danger but as well as the rest of your family.

MANIACS+MONEY+POWER a bad combination.

once in a while you'll think that they have put it upon themselves.

but think again.

most of them are so weak, so young.

it is a shame but

i feel bad for them...

rest in peace Jang Ja Yun...

i still rmb one person said last time in another topic that he was just bring attention to late JJY. :mellow:

but wow this is so sad. What's wrong with the PD? and PD of??? not BOF i hope..

R.I.P to the late JJY again and hope that the manager will stop trying to commit suicide. :(

Guest RYUUSEi

At first, I was like, "Might be true but ... nah, this can't be true, can it?" but after reading all these articles, I don't even know what to believe anymore. If he's co-operating with the police then they must have found some sort of evidence and proof of possible truth in all that the manager is saying.

Her family is acting weird. Do you guys think that they might even have been involved in all of this, as in "approved" of what the PD was doing just to get out of poverty? Why else would they insist that the police do not re-investigate their daughter's sudden "suicide", and why don't they want to know if it really was suicide or murder? It's like the manager is acting as the family is supposed to be acting, by wanting to find the truth and expose it. It's so sad how he tried to commit suicide, maybe he wanted to join JJY because he felt as if he would never be able to win against the powerful men in the industry that used her? Seriously, this is all so confusing.

Blah, this is turning into a drama, lol.

RIP JJY.

Guest avii_ichigo09

this is kinda making me tear up even though i don't really know her. man that's just so sad, but at least she wrote that letter D: make them paaayyyy

Guest passmethewrinch

I'm really proud that the manager had the guts to speak up. He did the right thing. I really hope though that cases like this are few and far in between. The prospect of the Korean entertainment scene being filled with incidents like this is quite saddening and worrisome.

RIP.

Guest eternitygoddess

I've said it on here before, and no one believes me-- the entire Korean entertainment business works this way. You sleep your way up. The cutsey "never had a boyfriend" crap is for PR only. Don't believe anything you read in interview-- the girls AND the guys are all being exploited. A lot of your favorite idols are being passed on by older PDs and businessmen / wealthy women in order to get better jobs and have more money pumped into the promotion of their careers. From a VERY young age. All of the top Korean stars have a sponsor and usually Koreans in Korea gossip about who is sleeping with one CEO or which male star has a male sponsor, etc.

So true. I see all these stars acting all "cutesy" and "innocent", bowing here and there, and their fans eating their act up, and I think, "It's f*cking PR people!".

Most of them are raging b*tches in real life.

However, do all celebrities go through the casting couch? I really do not want to think that BOF's Kim So Eun and GHS are going/went through this.

JJY's suicide and this revelation might have HUGE implication for the entertainment industry. I will not be surprised if this becomes the biggest story of 2009 and the media start taking a deeper look into the industry.

Guest sexydbsk

I am really shocked to know this.. but thanks the lord the manager speaks up!! Gosh... poor Jang Ja Yun. Please rest in peace...T___T

Guest inyeon.

How disgusting. Really. Poor Jan Ja Yun...T_T

Sadly, the entertainment industry is FULL of this stuff. People will deny their idols doing this, but you never know. Its probably why celebs are so depressed all the time. Stardom isnt how they pictured it to be. Honestly, I don't want to believe it either T_T But I already know its true.

Guest kfosho

soo sad. i hope the pd is found and seriously gets the worse punishment there is....probably just knowing that he mentally drove someone to kill themselves is good enough. guilt is a big punishment.

but yah i feel very sad for her, and hope her family is handeling everthing okay.

to what peachgaru said

i know someone that was going into the entertainment business, korean, and she told me she stopped

because the company or somebody with the entertainment business tired to make her do some bad things in order to come out on dramas and stuff.

it must be really bad, because i was thinking.

if it was her dream why did she stop and quit, why not move onto a different company or something, but it might be with all of them right??

it must be serious, if someone is to throw away their dreams....

Guest sunnyskys*

R.I.P. Jang Ja Yun..

No one should have to endure this.

If she was beaten, her future and her career was no doubt threatened too by the PD.

The PD has a lot of connections afterall, one word from him (e.g., "She's not a good worker") and no one will want to hire her in the future.

It's so sad.

=( sadly this is the truth for many newbies in the entertainment industry, esp those without good coonections and money=( RIP Jang Ja Yun

Guest forgivenx

I totally got a shock when i read the news that she was dead.

I hope she will rest in peace.

Those people who drove her to this stage should really burn in hell T__T

Good job Mr manager! Tell the world the truth!

Guest crazyfrog

JJY's suicide and this revelation might have HUGE implication for the entertainment industry. I will not be surprised if this becomes the biggest story of 2009 and the media start taking a deeper look into the industry.

i doubt it. it's not really 'news' to anyone who knows the entertainment industry as it truly is. this will only make the people who are doing it more careful, but it's not going to change anything. which is soo sooo sooooo sad.

RIP JJY, i hope you're resting in peace.

she need justice

and i agree with the manager telling the fact of what happened to her

not just saying this cause of depression making it sounds like she's (kinda) mentally disturbed person while she's not

and if it's her last wish her family shouldnt just let it go and being silent bout it, they should've help to clear their daughter's name

sigh poor ja yeon RIP

Archived