[Drama 2006] Pure 19 / Pure in Heart / Hearts of Nineteen 열아홉 순정

Guest Origins

Guest alchocoholic

Ooh, thanks so much for these NG vids... it was fun to relive the moments between them!!

I love Pure 19 because of GHS & SJS. They have great on screen chemistry and they looked so good together. GHS & SJS really deserved the best new actor/actress for this drama. GSH was very good at crying scenes and I love her acting because it was so natural. GHS will always be my favorite Korean actress. Thanks for sharing the videos.

Yeah, I agree about GHS's crying scenes... she was excellent and everytime she cried, it made me feel like crying too! I wasn't really interested in her before but after watching pure 19, I'm going to catch up on all her series because she's absolutely fantastic!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest starlight tears

I like this song and finally found the lyrics and translation...just want to share it!

Saranga - Ku Hye SUn

jo-a-han-da-go mal-hal-kka ga-seu-mi ja-kku ttwi-neun i-yu-reul

Should I tell you I like you? My heart is beating so fast

on-jong-il deul-tteu-go seol-le-i-ne haeng-bo-kan i gi-bun

I'm both excited and nervous, I'm filled with joy

sa-rang-i si-jak-ttoen-geol-kka ja-kku u-seu-mi na-wa eo-tteo-kae

Is this the start of love? I can't stop smiling

mwol hae-do meot-jjeo neon neo-mu i-ppeo ma-nyang jo-a

Everything I do is as enjoyable as being with you

Sa-rang-ha-ge dwaen-na-bwa sa-rang-ha-ge dwaen-na-bwa

I think I have fallen for you, I think I have fallen for you

neo-man bo-yeo neo-man deul-lyeo neol gi-da-ryeo

I only see you and hear you, I will wait for you

on-tong neo-ppu-ni-ya

You fill my thoughts

du-ri i-sseo haeng-bo-kae nae sa-rang-i neo-ra-neun-ge

Times with you are blissful, You are my true love

i sun-ga-ni nae jeon-bu-in geot-cheo-reom nan neo-e-ge ppa-jil-lae

Most importantly, I love you at this moment

tto ut-kko i-sseo eo-neu-sae seul-peu-meun sa-ra-jeo-sseo na-e-gen

I'm smiling again, my sadness has gone away

geu-jeo-nen a-mu-reon gi-eong-ma-jeo eop-sseot-tteon geot-cheo-reom

It seems as if it never happened

mo-deun ge sae-rop-kki-man-hae beol-sseo mo-deun-ge neo-ro ga-deu-kae

Everything is fresh and new, Thoughts of you fill my mind

eo-jjeo-myeon nan ni-ga cheo-eu-mi-ya neo-ppu-nin-geol

You may well be my first love

Repeat *

a-kki-meop-ssi jul-geo-ya i sa-rang-e ppa-jil geo-ya

I'll give you all my love, I wish to dive into the sea of love

se-sang-i na-e-ge jun ga-jang meot-jjin seon-mul

It's the greatest gift from above

Guest valmylove

does anyone know where we can buy Pure 19 dvd with english subtitle? Even though I watched it twice, i would like to own one so i can watch it at anytime. Ilooked on yes asia and dvd heaven.

any suggestion would be really appreciated!

does anyone know where we can buy Pure 19 dvd with english subtitle? Even though I watched it twice, i would like to own one so i can watch it at anytime. Ilooked on yes asia and dvd heaven.

Where can I download this dram pure of 19, thank you very much.

You can download this series with English Hardsub. at http://aja-aja.com

I've just finished downloading it.

Guest starlight tears

http://www.kbs-america.com/product/eor_list.php

You can request from KBS-America..but it's just to expensive. :)

finally got my copy from Chinese DVD store for $60. If anyone want one, please let me know i might go there again this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest valmylove

You can download this series with English Hardsub. at http://aja-aja.com

I've just finished downloading it.

Thanks Lupig for letting me know!! how long did it take you to dl the whole drama?? I wonder how much room in my computer do i need to download the eps!

http://www.kbs-america.com/product/eor_list.php

You can request from KBS-America..but it's just to expensive. :)

finally got my copy from Chinese DVD store for $60. If anyone want one, please let me know i might go there again this weekend.

REally Starlight? You got urs for 60 bucks? how is the quality of the dvd set? how about the english sub? Depending how you like yours, I might take your offer ...

For whatever reasons...scenes from this drama always creep into my thougts and I would laugh out loud.

Random thougts... (forgot the names) but the nephew and sister have kissed far more and GK and YH.

How cheesy YH is with GK...all the un kissable attempt and the supposed sexy talk of sexy undies... and of course their honeymoon!

I really thought the older generation stories are boring but I wanted more of the neice and the exgf's brother story to be developed more...how could he like and starts to pursue her after one dr appt mtg? He is quite handsome!! I felt like they were going to create something but the time went short!! I wish they did something for the ex gf too. I also thought the first ex gf was really beautiful... dang all of them were good and good looking...

great chemistry overall!! Kinda wish there was pure 19 part 2, married life with children.

i tried to back track... did he say he prefer women like YoonJi (his younger sister ) or like the actress that played his older sister? I read two differ articles translated so it was confusing. Yoonji is quite charming as I started to adore her in WGM. It came shocking that she also played in Goong too.

I hope she does more too!

well take care!

hahahah...

whatever reasons l have for watching this long drama is becos of Jandi.....

she played a similar role here ......cleaner, being bullied, cry buckets of tears.....etc etc....

but the most amazing of all..

is being LOVED by all the gorgeous and rich guys.....

its worth the pain.....

Yoon Hoo and Gook Hwa..hv great chemistry here...

did they get the BEST COUPLE AWARD?

Guest starlight tears

Thanks Lupig for letting me know!! how long did it take you to dl the whole drama?? I wonder how much room in my computer do i need to download the eps!

REally Starlight? You got urs for 60 bucks? how is the quality of the dvd set? how about the english sub? Depending how you like yours, I might take your offer ...

If your from LA - the name of the store is Multi Video in Rowland Heights, CA - the quality is really good but the english sub is not the best english sub I've seen, i think its because it was translated from Chinese language. I got Boys before flower and on that one its really good quality - it's HD and the translation is superb. I really like GHS so i got both DVD. :)

• 4 weeks later...

This drama was really cute. I had seen GHS in BBF first and it took me awhile to get use to the accent. I did, eventually, grew to like the accent and found it to be charming. I actually ended up liking Goo Hye Sun better in this drama as Yang Gukhwa aka that hardworking, positive, silly village girl with a heart of gold than I originally did as Geum Jan di. She had great chemistry with the cast, especially with Suh Ji Suk. :wub:

• 2 months later...
Guest valmylove

Hello!

couldn't help but to come lurk around here....

So I have this urge and am rewatching Pure 19 again...I got my investigation hat on again... keke...

I think Youhno started to like GHY's character when she found his ex gf necklace in a message bottle for him after he scolded her for dumping his trashbin. His next feeling would be when he found in pass out in the bathroom and reading her letter to her auntie. THat's why he thought out the "translation" project for her. kekeke....

and especially when his gf leaned in for a kiss and he laughed off saying its awkward.... come on ... why would a man.. a man.. pass on makin out with a girl let alone his fiance... he harbor her as a close friend... we can see he tried soooo hard to kiss GHY...(i couldn't never spell her character's name, LOL) many many times.... man hormones man!! LOL

okay... am off to day dream at work.... have a pleasant day everyone...

Ohhh goodness... I went to the referred kbs store and man it is quite expensive!!!!!!!!! even at 50% discount!!

$499!!!!!!!!!!! :o:o

Guest thtlam

I love Pure 19....I actually got introduce to this drama after BBF where I started really liking Goo Hye Sun, now after finishing Pure 19 I like her in here much more than in BBF even though I like both dramas but Pure 19 gets a bit of an edge maybe it's because her character Gakhwa is so lovable

I'm still waiting for the DVDs for Pure 19 to be a little bit cheaper, KBS store only has the episodes on request, wondering when they will actually package the drama into a DVD set

• 2 weeks later...
Guest valmylove

I love Pure 19....I actually got introduce to this drama after BBF where I started really liking Goo Hye Sun, now after finishing Pure 19 I like her in here much more than in BBF even though I like both dramas but Pure 19 gets a bit of an edge maybe it's because her character Gakhwa is so lovable

I'm still waiting for the DVDs for Pure 19 to be a little bit cheaper, KBS store only has the episodes on request, wondering when they will actually package the drama into a DVD set

Me too... I was drawn to Pure 19 after watching her in BBF and Strongest Chil Woo. I was very impressed with her acting skills here. Her character here is quite strong will, optimistic, and happy goer. I just could not believe she used that villiage accent throughout the 168 episodes!

I could see why they wanted GHS to act as Jandi, because her of acting skills here.

Me too! ; ( Can't wait for it to be in DVD set at a cheaper price.

One thing that was annoying was that every time a character walks into a room, they have to look at the door while closing the door before speaking to the person in the room. (sorry, am rewatching the drama again and it is bugging me)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If everyone who loves this show would request it at YA Entertainment's site, I know they would consider releasing it!

They license by demand, and if a lot of people demand it, they will look into it.

Tom Larson has emailed me on how they get licensed before.

If Be Strong Geum Soon can get licensed, so can this. I bet in the long run, it's cheaper.

http://www.yaentertainment.com/aboutus.asp

Request it here! PLEASE DO. KBS America's price is ridiculous.

• 4 weeks later...

I really don't know how many times i watched this drama, I was still in cloud 9. :)

Everytime GHS and SJS they look good on the screen... :) I love the story so much

drama, fun to be watch...nothing boring moment every scenes. I love it this is one of my

favorite kdrama. :)

Guest GHSfan

wow!! i`m happy that this thread is up again :D Jandi brought me here in Soompi & i love MINSUN eversince start of BOF but upon knowing this drama, l love Hye Sun more & more..i`m so proud that this drama reached this longest episodes..i love her character here & she fits well with SJS..she`s amazing no wonder she`s given all the worthy projects..long way to go Hye Sun!!

Yaay! Thrilled to see the thread revived by new fans!!!!! :D

Pure19 has been a popular all-time-fav for many of us.

Its no wonder, for it truly is well written/inacted and thus appeals to such a broad audience :rolleyes:

I shall watch it again from the begining - a staggering 4th time!! Haaaaaa! :P

Question :Anybody knows where I can get the DVD in NY? Grazie!

After the 4th view, I figure, I ought to prolly "get a life" or the DVD!!! Ha!

Happy NewYear to all Soompiers!

100 or so dramas later, and Pure in Heart is still my favorite drama, and "Yang Gukwha" my favorite character of all time. After watching the series when it aired in L.A. and again on Veoh, I bought a bootleg copy of the series with laughable subs, and still watched through a couple more times. Goo Hye Sun, Lee Yoon Ji :wub::rolleyes::P and the rest of the cast are at their best here. I never get tired of these people. I do wonder whatever happened to Lee Min Woo, though..? :unsure:

Archived