FF7AC THREAD

Guest One_WinGed_Angel

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

yeh i thought Cloud was very good looking here too. lol after seeing the first post i kinda think HeeChul or Hero could pull off that look :P

the film was ..... ok i guess.....cute comedy every now and again .... watched it a while back the story was a bit uh yeh but very cool none the less.

FFVII Advent Children

1728.jpg

===================================================

FFVII Advent Children English cast and release date get!

by James Mielke, 02/13/2006

Hot on the heels of the Kingdom Hearts II voice cast, which was announced just last week, comes the first peek at the English-language voice cast of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, which has been delayed repeatedly due to some last minute signings, most notably that of American Beauty jailbait, Mena Suvari, who was brought on to perform the voice of Aerith Gainsborough in not only Kingdom Hearts II, but also to reprise the role in Advent Children. While Sony's DVD head of marketing, Mike Stratford, was quoted talking all kinds of crap to The Digital Bits, claiming that we'd see the release of Advent Children in North America by "end of 2006" (causing much consternation among Final Fantasy fans nationwide), 1UP is glad to inform you that the DVD and UMD will ship in the U.S. on April 25, 2006. So in case you haven't already downloaded the movie from the Internet (bad, pirates, bad!) and are looking forward to seeing this hour-and-a-half slice of CG Final Fantasy fan-service for yourself, you've roughly two months to go. Here's the mostly anonymous voice cast, with the exception of Rachel Leigh Cook (Tifa), and Mena Suvari (Aerith), with Steve Burton playing the role of Cloud Strife (he was the voice of Cloud in Kingdom Hearts 1). But who cares about that when it can finally be revealed that "Girl" will be played by Andrea Bowen?

[Editor's Note: This information pertains specifically to the English dub, and does not indicate whether or not the original Japanese language track will be included -- featuring English subtitles -- which it will, because Square Enix is very aware that that's how their fans like it.]

=============================================

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children voice cast:

Cloud Strife: Steve Burton

steve-burton.web.jpg

Tifa Lockhart: Rachael Leigh Cook

thx_RLC_Template.jpg

Kadaj: Steve Staley

steve_staley_small.jpg

Rufus Shinra: Wally Wingert

wally3.jpg

Reno: Quinton Flynn

quintonf.JPG

Rude: Crispin Freeman (Voice over for Balmungk in .hack//)

crispin_freeman_small.jpg

Yazoo: Dave Wittenberg

guestswittenberg.jpg

[Will post more later]

===================================================

Here are the specific details of the U.S. release of the DVD, as described by Sony:

FINAL FANTASY VII: Advent Children continues the game's storyline in this CG-animated film, featuring non-stop action and exciting visual effects. Two years have passed since the ruins of Midgar stand as a testament to the sacrifices made in order to bring peace. However, the world will soon face a new menace. A mysterious illness is spreading fast. Old enemies are astir. And Cloud, who walked away from the life of a hero to live in solitude, must step forward yet again...

DVD BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE:

• Story Digest

• Deleted Scenes

• Making Of Featurette

• FINAL FANTASY VII: Advent Children Venice Film Festival Footage

• Sneak Peek of the Upcoming FINAL FANTASY VII Games

FINAL FANTASY VII: Advent Children will be available in widescreen presentation, has a run time of 101 minutes and is rated PG-13, and will arrive as a Special Edition DVD in a 2-disc set (SLP of $26.96) as well as UMD video for PSP (SLP of $28.96). The DVD set will be exploding with bonus materials, including a story digest, deleted scenes, a Making Of featurette, FINAL FANTASY VII: Advent Children Venice Film Festival footage and a Sneak Peek of the upcoming games in the Compilation of FINAL FANTASY VII series.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Berri`O

Aww suck, the japanese sounds wayy better.

I have to agree with this, for some reason, I've always been fond of subbed anime than dubbed. Sometimes dubbed can ruin the voices. I've watched both Japanese and English version, and luckily, the English version isn't too bad :P

Guest ~fantasygurl~

I have to agree with this, for some reason, I've always been fond of subbed anime than dubbed. Sometimes dubbed can ruin the voices. I've watched both Japanese and English version, and luckily, the English version isn't too bad :P

me too..i like the original always and i watch them both too ^^ pretty exciting anyways

i wonder how the english verison is gonna be like? i thought that john for this hospital did cloud's voice in kh2?

Guest GyrlPwr

I haven't played FF VII, but after seeing AC, I think I want to now. I REALLY like it, and Cloud is very hot (even though I know he isn't real). I can't wait until it finally comes out on dvd in the U.S. Only thing is I wish it were in Japanese. I'd prefer it that way. I guess I have to find the original FFAC myself. I watched it over a friend's house the first time I saw it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Drunkken

yeh i thought Cloud was very good looking here too. lol after seeing the first post i kinda think HeeChul or Hero could pull off that look :P

the film was ..... ok i guess.....cute comedy every now and again .... watched it a while back the story was a bit uh yeh but very cool none the less.

heechul in super junior? if so...

i should slap you for degrading cloud like that. :fury:

^ lol. i guess she didnt play FF7 before if not she wont say 'the story was a bit uh yeh' :D

btw after watching AC, i feel that most of the special effects in other movies are crap. AC's graphics are beyond visually stunning.

Guest Access DENIED

After seeing the japanese version a gazillion times, it was weird hearing cloud talk in english. It was a whole new experience for me. I think people should at least try and hear it in english before bashing it. :P The english voices didn't make me want to wrench out my ears and resort to english subs for the rest of my life..

Did you go to that special screening in LA where the whole movie was in english? My god, the movie was incredible on the big screen with the crazy sound effects. It will never be the same on a tv screen. I honestly liked the english cast, but mena suvari was really horrible as aeris. She was really bad in kh2 and she's still bad in AC..Maaya Sakomoto is 10x better. Even though i didn't like mandy moore, i wanted her back as aeris...

I thought kadaj was really good.. Steve burton sounded really cool as Cloud. Tifa was okay, but sometimes she sounded weird. Sephiroth's english was pretty good. Barrett was funny. yuffie was okay i guess. reno was excellent. marlene was okay..

I haven't played FF VII, but after seeing AC, I think I want to now. I REALLY like it, and Cloud is very hot (even though I know he isn't real). I can't wait until it finally comes out on dvd in the U.S. Only thing is I wish it were in Japanese. I'd prefer it that way. I guess I have to find the original FFAC myself. I watched it over a friend's house the first time I saw it.

You know, the dvd is going to have the option to play it in japanese.. :)

Guest bookworm426

FF7AC is awesommmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! end of story =] :):P:lol::ph34r::phew:B);)

FF7AC is awesommmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! end of story =] :):P:lol::ph34r::phew:B);)

Guest ryisakooguy

soooo is anyone gonna get the dvd?

im planning to. i would like to hear it in english, because i feel like i miss some action cause i have to read the subs. clouds voice in kh2 was dope, its just aerith...xP. i cant wait to rewatch it again with bonus material. good stuff. yes ff7ac does rule.

Guest res0nate

Grabbed the 2 disc set a few days ago, didn't go through it yet. I'm not too big on the movie, just interested in the extras dvd.

Guest tifachan

Omg... I don't eben know who half those ppl who are doing the English voices are... Watch them kill the movie. x_X Lolsz.

Archived