FF7AC THREAD

Guest One_WinGed_Angel

Guest madeinktown

people are still going on about ffvii - ac?

it was a good movie...but i wouldve REALLY liked it if i played the game...

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Strawberry Boba Tea

^Aww... it's never too late to play the game! :) It's a great game. I think FFVII is one of the more captivating storylines because everytime I play it, I end up a TV richard simmons - no one gets the TV until I'm done playing the game (for the day at the least).

If you don't have the game already in your house, you might have to do a little hunting. My first one disappeared (my older brother likes to borrow out our things and they go MIA forever) so I had to hunt all over the neighboring cities for a USED copy. That was the closest I could get. Online hunting would be different though.

I've already forgotten that the DVD is out. :o

Reno :wub:

Guest etoile

ARGHHHH I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahha loved every minute of it... well...thats a lie cause I HATED clouds voice >_<

OMFG OMFG im still excited. ahha

Guest etoile

amazon has it for ike 14 dollars ...

and i might sound stupid but i just bought a brand new ff7 game for 53 dollars...-_-

haha call me crazy.

Guest ~fantasygurl~

amazon has it for ike 14 dollars ...

and i might sound stupid but i just bought a brand new ff7 game for 53 dollars...-_-

haha call me crazy.

i don't wanna order but just wanna get it right away like at a store

Guest Krn_Track_Star

i don't wanna order but just wanna get it right away like at a store

well i got my dvd at circut city today for like 13 dollars with tax.

to all people. remember this. circut city has sales for dvd's that come out the first day. after the first day it goes back up to like 20 dollars.

Guest i KITTY x3 =)*

I've found the DVD at Amazon.com, but since it's a sequel, I really want to see/play the first.. er.. part before I watch the DVD. There's a FFVII AC game for PS2, right? I can't find it anywhere; all the results are either the DVD or FFVIIAC for PSP. :( Does anyone know where I can find the game? Thanks ~

Guest Nightmare

^FFVII:AC is the aftermath of FFVII -a game on the PS. There is no AC game for the PS2.

I got mine off of Amazon for like around $18, but that's because I also bought it together with KH2 limited guide book, which was $10 off the cover price, too. I already have the original Japanese copy. So, I'm not sure why I'm even buying it.

Guest rhaps0dize.

What a great movie.

I thought Tifa kicked richard simmons. Her outfit reminded me of Rinoa's outfit in FFVIII, but Rinoa's was a light blue cloth color.

Cloud & Tifa = Love, kay? :3

Guest ~fantasygurl~

What a great movie.

I thought Tifa kicked richard simmons. Her outfit reminded me of Rinoa's outfit in FFVIII, but Rinoa's was a light blue cloth color.

Cloud & Tifa = Love, kay? :3

:rolleyes:

Guest system

Picked up the DVD this Tuesday for $14.99 + tax at CircuitCity.

I was satisfied with the U.S. version.

If I watched the U.S. version before watching the JP version, I would've like it even more.

Since I saw the JP version so many times, I kept comparing it to the U.S. version.

I like the fact how they tried to keep the translation as faithful to the JP version.

But they didn't re-render any scenes, so some dialogue had to be altered to match the characters mouth movements.

Also, the characters overall flow of speech and tone of voice were fairly close to the JP version as well.

At first, it was a little difficult to accept the differences, such as Yazoo's feminine voice and Vincent's huskier voice.

But as time went along, I came to accept that somehow the U.S. version fits better with the characters image.

I think Rufus and Zack (although he only had about 5 sentences) voices were almost identical to their JP counterparts.

The DVD menu is very simple (no moving images, only screenshots) and straight forward.

Audio includes Japanese and English, both in 5.1 Dolby Digital.

Subtitles includes... well, a lot.

I liked how they included the Korean feature for the DVD menu and the subtitle.

Cool indeed.

Ever since I watched the JP version on a DVD-rip file, I knew that FF7:AC was a HIGH-QUALITY CGI movie.

I had a 2CD version (700MB x 2) with DivX video and AC3 audio.

But watching it directly from the DVD just blew me away.

The details and color and image... just about everything was x10 better than the file I had kept in my harddrive.

I'm very glad to finally own my copy of FF7:AC on a DVD.

Now I gotta go through the 2nd DVD disc and watch the other features.

Guest Nightmare

Through the skimming of the movie I've done, yeah, they sure did a excellent job of dubbing and translating.

Aerith's voice just needed to sound a little more flirty and fun than rather too divine-being-like tone. Contrast to Maaya Sakamoto, Aerith's English voice does sounds a bit horrid...LOL. Oh, I 'm also sorta disappointed that they couldn't capture that unique sound of Tifa's original Japanese voice, but I guess, the Englsih VA is alright. I don't dig Cloud's voice. It was too low for him. Cloud is a wuss so it would had been better if his voice would been a little higher and softer. Overall, the dubs is all good. (Yuffie's English VA is the best!)

Guest Access DENIED

I pre-ordered mine from gamestop. I paid 20.00 dollars. Since i pre-ordered mine, i got a bonus disc... The bonus disc included the behind the scenes interviews with the english cast. It's pretty interesting if you liked the english voices, but then you can watch these at ign.

I think the english would've been a little better if the lip synch matched with the voices. There were some bad and good points about the english voices, such as some of sephiroth's lines. Overall, i still like the english voices other than aeris (thank god she doesn't have that many lines), and i think i'm going to continue watching this in english..

The "dilly dally shilly shally" thing instead of "zuruzuru" still bugs me. It still sounds so weird whenever i hear it.. Well, zururu sounds weird but dilly dally is worse..

The second disc sucked. I wanted to see the trailers at the LA screening..damnit.. The disc only had advent children trailers(which i've seen slready), more ff7 game trailers , behind the scenes in making of the film( it was okay), deleted scenes (it was nothing spectacular).. I'm sort of disappointed about this..

Also, the characters overall flow of speech and tone of voice were fairly close to the JP version as well.

At first, it was a little difficult to accept the differences, such as Yazoo's feminine voice and Vincent's huskier voice.

But as time went along, I came to accept that somehow the U.S. version fits better with the characters image.

I think Rufus and Zack (although he only had about 5 sentences) voices were almost identical to their JP counterparts.

I gotta agree with you about yazoo. I was very surprised and a bit turned off at first when i heard yazoo's english voice, but now i totally dig it. I think it suited his character more than the japanese voice. Vincent's voice was too raspy for me, but i got used to it. Zack sounded so hott...I think his voice actor should've been cloud..

Archived