Wang Suk Hyun 왕석현

Helena

• 1 month later...
Guest chuot_bobo

I Have An Uncle Episode 19

Special guest Kim Joon F4

@ahn_ju: Do you have "I have an uncle" ep19_part 2? Does anyone have?

• 2 weeks later...

February 23, 2010

Wang Seok-hyeon to appear on Chinese TV show

Reporter.Lynn Kim Editor.Jessica Kim

2010022309304713950_1.jpg

Korean actor Wang Seok-hyeon [Dazzle Entertainment]

Korean child actor Wang Seok-hyeon is set to appear on Chinese television program as a special guest this weekend, according to his agency Dazzle Entertainment.

Dazzle announced in a press release Monday that the six-year-old actor was invited to appear on Hunan Satellite TV's special full-moon show, thanks to his rising popularity in the country. "The movie 'Speedy Scandal' is showing in China and fans are crazy about Wang's witty and cheerful acting," explained an official at Dazzle. Hunan TV's full-moon special, hosted by famous Chinese emcees He Jiong and Xie Na, is an annual program which airs around the first full-moon of the lunar new year.

Wang is scheduled to rehearse February 27 for the show, which will air live as special broadcast the following day. Wang rose to instant stardom after he appeared in the 2008 hit film "Speedy Scandal", which starred Hallyu star Cha Tae-hyun and Park Bo-yeong. He also appeared in the KBS TV series "My Fair Lady" last year alongside actress Yoon Eun-hye.

He will be entering Dogok Elementary School in March after returning from China.

Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr <ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved> 10.asiae.co.kr

• 2 weeks later...

March 10, 2010

Jin Ji Hee’s first kiss scene with Wang Suk Hyun

by jeshicaa on March 10, 2010

102212_90664_5852.jpg

news.nate.com

N2010031009575608001.jpg

news.nate.com

MBC High Kick Through the Roof’s child star, Jin Ji Hee, revealed her first kiss scene ever!

In K.Will’s recent Gift music video which featured stars ranging from MBLAQ’s Thunder to B2ST’s Lee Ki Gwang. Among them were child stars Jin Ji Hee and Wang Suk Hyun from the hit movie, Speedy Scandal.

Do you remember the adorable kiss scene between the two actors at the end of the music video? Well, the scene was actually not intended because when Jin Ji Hee was about to kiss Wang Suk Hyun’s cheek, he suddenly turned, making their lips lock! (sneaky boy WSH! :lol: )

The accidental but adorable scene made the entire studio burst out in laughter, and it turned out to be perfect for the ending of the music video!

201003101410131.jpg

news.nate.com

The music video certainly revealed a very different side of Jin Ji Hee from her rather rambunctious role in High Kick. Rather than running around constantly yelling, “Bbanggoo Ddonggoo”, she demonstrates a very lady-like side that’s rarely seen.

She is really busy these days with sitcom filming, interviews and commercials. It seems like this 12 year old 5th grader has a very bright future ahead of her!

Source: allkpop.com

195028_1.jpg

news.nate.com

20100310_1268183093_39145300_1.jpg

news.nate.com

• 1 month later...

April 13, 2010

Little Wang Suk Hyun opens his own online shopping mall

by jeshicaa on April 13, 2010

201004121809001010_1.jpg

6-year old actor, Wang Suk Hyun has already conquered our hearts through his shows. And he is now a little boss by opening his own shopping mall called Joashop! What was I doing when I was 6 years old!?

Unlike many other celebrities’ online shopping malls, this one is unique because it specializes in children’s clothing. On April 7th, when the online shopping mall first opened, the server was down for a few minutes because of the immense number of visitors on the brand new site. I hear some ka-ching in this boy’s pockets!

Lee Chan Joo and Jang Ye Seul were chosen from a very competitive pool of over 200 child models as the female models for this online shopping mall.

The little entrepreneur will be returning with a movie called Hyun’s Song.

201004121802241001_1.jpg

201004121757191001_1.jpg

201004121757191001_2.jpg

201004121757191001_3.jpg

201004121757191001_4.jpg

201004121710321112_1.jpg

201004121710321112_2.jpg

201004121710321112_5.jpg

201004121816291001_1.jpg

Source: allkpop.com / news.nate.com 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

117791a.jpg

NISI20100531_0002930306_web.jpg

Lee Da-hae makes her film debut in 3D blockbuster

June 25th, 2010 // by javabeans

After making her name in drama series like Green Rose, My Girl, and Chuno, Lee Da-hae is ready to make her movie debut. She has been cast in the 3D historical project Song of Springs [현의 노래], a project described as “a movie telling the life story of legendary court musician Woo Reuk, who opened up the world of sound in a world ruled by the sword.”

Woo Reuk was the creator of the gayageum, a classical stringed instrument, and will be played by Lee Sung-jae (Lawyers of Korea). Lee Da-hae’s character is Ara, the top dancer of Daegaya, a city-state of Gaya during the Three Kingdoms era. Film veteran Ahn Sung-ki (The Divine Weapon) plays a Silla general, while Moon Jung-hee (Oh My Lady) portrays a “mysterious woman of Gaya” described as a femme fatale who runs a bar. Speed Scandal’s young cutie Wang Seok-hyun plays one of Woo Reuk’s students.

Song of Springs is based on a novel written by Kim Hoon and has been in pre-production for six years. It boasts a hefty production budget of 15 billion won and will be directed by Joo Kyung-joong, whose 2002 film A Little Monk won him the best director award at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards.

Via Mk.co.kr, OSEN dramabeans.com

• 4 weeks later...

:lol: What a cute surprise, WSH has a role (cameo?) in the upcoming dog movie Maumy 2 :wub:

tn_1279006442_-458241860_0.jpg

And here.. at the VIP Premiere.. July 13, 2010

2abc7e75ab1121891ed70bc63a3d299b.jpg

[Movie 2010] Heart Is.. / Hearty Paws 2 / 마음이2

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=344724

• 2 months later...

October 8, 2010

What happened to child star Wang Seok Hyun?

by HYPERMANIAC allkpop.com

20100825_1282782002.jpg

news.nate.com

Child star Wang Seok Hyun (7) has been met with an abrupt break in his career. After debuting in 2008 in front of an 8 million member audience with movie “Speed Scandal,” he quickly rose to stardom with his cute looks and witty comments, eventually receiving the child star award at various movie awardceremonies. Soon after, he began appearing on various variety programs, dramas, musicals, TV CFs, and movies.

However, all of that came to an end by late August when his father filed a lawsuit against his agency. According to the Seoul Central District Court, Wang’s father stated, “His mother and I have joint custody. She signed a contract with an entertainment agency without my consent. Since I have just as much rights as she does, this contract is void.”

Wang’s mother claimed that she was unable to understand his accusations as he knew of the contract long before. Wang’s agency, Dazzle Entertainment, also expressed their surprise over the situation and stated, “When we first made the contract last year, we did everything necessary in order to make sure that the minor and his mother were signing a just contract. We also met with the father many times after the contract was signed. He knows the content of the contract and it’s difficult for us to understand why he’s asking us to void the contract nearly a year after he has already started his career.”

In an interview, Wang’s father stated that he no longer wanted his son working in the entertainment industry. “It is not because of the money. I don’t want my son’s name being mentioned everywhere on the internet. The reason I’m not stating my side is for the benefit of Seok Hyun. I’m different from his mother and his agency, I’m holding back for him.” He also claimed that he had never seen the actual contract despite requesting to see it numerous times. His divorce with his wife was also a one sided delivery and further explained that he was not allowed to his children after she left the house with them.

“I came home one day and all of my stuff was thrown out of the house and the security lock on our home was changed. I couldn’t do anything else so I left for Busan. I tried to see my children by visiting their schools and whatnot but I’m not able to do anything else in case they’re put in harms way. We’re not completely divorced yet, and I’m still their father… I want to make Seok Hyun quit the entertainment agency while he’s still young. It will be hard for him to continue his career when his family is in such shambles. That is why I’m asking to void his contract. I no longer want to raise him as an entertainer.”

The person most damaged in this entire situation is nobody other than Wang Seok Hyun. Industry representatives have begun speculating whether he will become the next Macaulay Culkin and are deeply concerned for his safety.

Source: Lady Trend

In a different update, WSH recently visited and met actor Jung Jun Ho at his filming set for 'Queen of Reversals.'

38932.jpg

Source: castnet.co.kr

• 1 month later...

anni_60th.jpg

November 12, 2010

Founder of largest English K-pop site 'Soompi'

Korean-American web developer creates first global online community devoted to K-pop, Asian entertainment

By Cathy Rose A. Garcia cathy@koreatimes.co.kr

101112_p12_founder1.jpg

Main page of the ultimate K-pop site “Soompi”

If you’re looking for news about a SuperJunior concert, reviews for a 2NE1 album, recaps of Korean drama "Sungkyunkwan Scandal" or simply anything about Korean entertainment, chances are you’ll find it on Soompi.com.

Soompi.com is the oldest and currently the largest English-language online community devoted to Korean and Asian entertainment, with a million unique visitors every month.

Soompi has come a long way from its early days as a personal online shrine devoted to K-pop started by Korean-American Susan Kang in 1998.

"I had recently graduated from college with nothing much to do. As a recent fan of both K-pop and the Internet (AOL was all the rage), I noticed that there weren't any English-language sites devoted to Korean pop music or TV dramas, so I purchased a book called `Make Your Own Website with Microsoft Word '97’, and the rest, as they say, is history," Kang said, now a 35-year-old mother living in Irvine, Calif., in an email interview with The Korea Times.

Kang’s original site, Soompitown, was fairly simple. She would just upload photos of her favorite K-pop acts like H.O.T., S.E.S., Shinhwa and FinKL and English translations of Korean magazine articles, as well as post CD audio samples and her own album reviews. Basically, Kang ran the website out of "love" for K-pop.

(If you’re wondering about the meaning of Soompi, it simply refers to a nickname that a roommate’s family gave Kang in college.)

101112_p12_founder2.jpg

In the early 2000s, hallyu or the Korean wave began spreading around Asia and international fans discovered Soompi, the first website that actually provided English-language information about their favorite Korean stars.

Soon Soompi became more and more popular, requiring more servers and more technical expertise. A team of volunteers helped moderate the forums and post content on the website, but Kang, who also worked full-time as a web developer, was running the website on her own as a hobby and it was starting to feel burdensome.

For one, it was getting expensive to pay for the server fees out of her own pocket, although it was partially funded by member donations and small ad buys.

Then came the fateful day, Oct. 5, 2005, when the entire Soompi website crashed. Its entire database of 80,000 members and millions of forum posts was gone. "I seriously thought of just making that the end of Soompi, as I'd been running the site as a hobby for seven years at that point, and was paying for the servers completely out of my own pocket," she said.

"The turning point was when we re-opened an empty forum with 0 members and 0 posts, and within 5 days, we already had 40,000 members. That's when I knew that Soompi was bigger and more important than just one person's hobby."

Soon, it became apparent that a more serious, business-oriented approach to Soompi was needed.

In 2006, Joyce Lan Kim, a lawyer then working for technology firms in Silicon Valley, joined Soompi to handle the business side, albeit on a part-time basis.

"I joined the company, working on advertising and thinking of ways the company can break even. Susan never started this with business in mind. It was always just about fun. It was about bringing K-pop to the people. But how we make this sustainable is our job," Kim told The Korea Times at a coffee shop in downtown Seoul, last week.

Last year, Kang and Kim both decided to leave their full-time jobs and focus on Soompi.

The 33 year old Kim, who studied at Cornell and Harvard universities and received a law degree from Columbia University, had no second thoughts giving up a law career. She sees Soompi as a good business opportunity with K-pop’s potential to expand around the world.

Soompi is may not yet be profitable, but there is no doubt it is an Internet success with 500,000 registered members, and attracts over one million unique visitors every month ("That's like a small city," Kim quipped.) Revenues are currently generated from ads, premium membership and affiliate programs, but not enough for the company to break even.

There may be other K-pop websites that attract more hits, but Soompi has the most activity among community members, such as posting content and comments on the site. "Our success comes from covering such a wide variety of topics - not only the latest K-pop news, but Korean dramas and variety shows, original fan fiction, our own member-run shops, beauty & fashion, among so much more," Kang said.

Aside from sections on entertainment news, fan clubs and beauty & fashion, Soompi also has its own weekly music chart and annual contests, such as Soompi Idol, Soompi Dance Idol, Soompi Ulzzang, fan fiction writing and graphics contests.

All contests were originally started by Soompi members themselves. This year, Soompi Ulzzang Contest, a modeling competition for Soompi members, has become an official event and sponsored by Korean entertainment company Sidus HQ.

Member feedback is invaluable to keeping Soompi relevant. Whenever new features are launched, Soompi looks at the comments from members and makes the appropriate tweaks. Members can also vote for which Soompi fan clubs should be created next, as well as recommend new forums and sub-forums.

Soompi is working to make the site more user-friendly. "It's not a hobby anymore. We have to do it for real. Functionality is very important for us. We are definitely working on making it easier to use, and on getting great content," Kim said.

In terms of technical innovations, the Soompi Street Teams Twitter application is being launched. This will make it easier for fans to get their favorite K-pop idols on Twitter’s top trending topics.

"We wanted to make it easier for everybody to join together and tweet in support of their celebs. Twitter is not just for K-pop, because it's for everyone... Each time a K-pop celebrity ends up as a Twitter topic, people go, `who is this guy?’ Like when (SuperJunior member) Kim Hee-chul was trending on Twitter, everyone was talking about him... We can expose more people to the world of K-pop," Kim said.

An Asian website

Soompi is no longer just devoted to Korean pop music, but Asian pop and entertainment in general. It is also very much a global community, with most members from the U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, Philippines and Indonesia.

The majority or 81 percent of Soompi members are Asian, while 8 percent are white, 5 percent are multi-ethnic and the rest are African-American, Hispanic and other ethnicities. The most surprising fact was 60 to 80 percent of the non-Asian groups said they "know some Korean."

"It’s mostly non-Koreans, as opposed to 7 or 8 years ago when majority were Korean-Americans. Now Korean Americans are a minority on the site. We have ever growing number of people who are not even Asian. We have Caucasians, African-Americans, Middle East, Latin American, South East Asians," Kim said.

Soompi stands out because of its tight-knit community and its members. "Soompi is very community-focused, not just information or gossip-focused. It feels like home to many, and there are many members who have literally grown up on the site ― from Junior High to High School to College to getting married and having children," Kang said.

Noticeably, the Soompi forums are relatively free from the anti-fans and trolls who frequent K-pop websites to post vitriolic comments that rile up fans.

"I think our biggest defining feature is our members. Our members are the ones who do the subtitles, episode recaps and organize fan meetings," Kim said. "We have good members."

Future of Kpop & Soompi

Perhaps it is not an exaggeration to say that Soompi has helped give a boost to K-pop and Korean entertainment’s popularity among English speakers.

But while K-pop is undeniably big in Asia, there is yet to be a real K-pop breakthrough in the U.S., despite attempts by Rain, Wonder Girls and Se7en. "Honestly, I'm not sure if the U.S. is ready to accept Asians as idols, as Asians are still widely portrayed as awkward geeks or kung fu masters on TV and film, but I do believe it's just a matter of 'when', not 'if'. I hope it's sooner than later," Kang said.

Looking back, Kang admitted being constantly amazed and inspired by the level of commitment and amount of time people will willingly volunteer to support their favorite idols. "Passion will drive people to do crazy and wonderful things," she said.

In the future, Soompi hopes to leverage its brand value as the oldest K-pop online resource, and to continue fanning the flames of K-pop and Asian pop fever around the world.

"In 10 years, I'll be 45 years old. I hope by then, the Soompi community will still be going strong, with the love for Korean and Asian pop being passed to a much wider audience. We'll still be providing the best place for people to express their fandom and meet others who share their passion," Kang said.

• 1 month later...

January 2, 2011

Soompi.com shows Hallyu where to go

By Yang Sung-jin (insight@heraldm.com) koreaherald.com

Soompi.com is the world’s biggest English-language online community dedicated to Korean pop culture. It boasts some 1.4 million visitors daily. More importantly, 90 percent of its members are non-Koreans.

The website is widely regarded as a promising social network venture that has secured a solid user base on the strength of Korean cultural content. Softbank of Japan has already invested in Soompi.com and other investors are lining up amid the outlook that the website will emerge as a key gateway to Asian pop culture for English-speaking audiences.

Soompi.com CEO Joyce Kim, who lives in San Francisco, said in an interview that Hallyu is still in the early stages of growth internationally and the website would help foster its development online as “the central online activity hub for all fans of Hallyu and Asian pop.”

20110102000310_0.jpg

Joyce Kim

As for Hallyu, Kim noted that the near absence of a legitimate distribution of Korean pop content is a serious problem that is often neglected by Koreans.

The following are excerpts from the e-mail interview with Kim.

Korea Herald: How did Soompi.com start, and how did you get involved in the site?

Joyce Kim: Soompi was started by my co-founder Susan Kang in 1998 as her own personal website dedicated to her interest in Korean dramas and music. During the initial first few years, Susan would scan Korean entertainment magazine articles, translate them into English and post them on the site. Slowly, a community began to grow around the site and Susan soon had people volunteering to help with the site. As the first Hallyu wave began to grow, the site also began to grow. Soon, there were hundreds of thousands of visitors each month.

I met Susan because she is the older sister of my best friend from law school. We initially started to work together on Soompi in 2006 when the site growth was really taking off which meant server expenses were also taking off. I was helping Susan set up the advertising system on the site and eventually we decided to officially create a company and work on Soompi together. At first, we both kept our full-time jobs (Susan as a coder and me as a lawyer) and worked on Soompi during our nights and weekends. But by the end of 2008, the site was so active that it was obvious that the site needed more support. We made the decision to leave our jobs in 2009 and work on Soompi full-time.

KH: If you define Soompi.com, what is it?

Kim: Soompi is an online fan community for Hallyu. Soompi’s greatest strength lies in our members. Ninety-nine percent of the content on Soompi is user-generated content so our members are the ones who find the information to share and discuss. They spend a great deal of time online answering each other’s questions. No amount of money or marketing can create the organic community that sites like Soompi have.

KH: Who are Soompi members?

Kim: Soompi members are mostly young Americans of many different backgrounds (Asian, Caucasian, black and Latino) followed by people in their teens and 20s in South East Asia (Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia, etc). They are typically very fashionable and up on the latest trends since they follow entertainment so closely. When they come to Soompi, they are often looking for the latest news about Hallyu and to meet other passionate fans. Hallyu fans love to work together to do events and share their love for their idols.

KH: What aspect of Hallyu appeals to Soompi members?

Kim: Soompi members love the celebrities ― their personalities, their visuals, their songs ― all of it. In fact, many of our members (90 percent of whom are not Korean) have started to learn Korean to better understand the music and dramas. Hallyu has definitely started to grow beyond its typical Asian boundaries. I think we will see Hallyu spread to the U.S., Latin America and Europe in 2011. However, for Hallyu to be truly successful abroad, Korean entertainment companies need to better understand international fans better ― this is important for creating new fans and reaching out to new markets.

KH: What can Korean websites and firms interested in Hallyu learn from Soompi?

Kim: I would say two differences between Soompi and Korean sites are 1) we really take into consideration the community’s desires when we build new products ― meaning oftentimes we look at community feedback first when thinking about new features and 2) we push out features before they are 100 percent perfect ― sometimes it means it has bugs, but it also means we can get our full community reaction quickly and fix or change things as needed.

For entertainment firms working in the Hallyu industry, it is important to make the music and drama content easily available for international fans. People in Korea do not realize how hard it is for international fans to buy the music and dramas legally ― there are not good options available. If entertainment firms made their content for easily available for international purchase, then more international fans would buy the content. But at the moment, we cannot even easily register on Korean websites.

KH: To create new and successful services based on social network service, what should and shouldn’t Korean venture startups do?

Kim: I see many Korean startups that are testing or half-heartedly targeting the global market. The decision whether to go global should be made early as it significantly impacts the kind of team that needs to be built and the product. If you are building an SNS service targeting the international market, then you should create your team abroad.

KH: What was the purpose of your latest visit to Seoul, and what did you feel when you were in Seoul?

Kim: I visit Seoul at least once a year to meet with Korean entertainment companies and Korean Internet startups. On the entertainment front, there is strong interest in online and social media strategy from the entertainment companies. This is one of the big growth opportunities for Hallyu. But I think Korean entertainment companies will need to hire people with international Internet experience to really open that opportunity.

• 2 months later...

Captures from nate.com

March 25, 2011

We haven't seen WSH for quite awhile due to the management situation, hope it's been resolved amicably. The child-actor attended actor Jung Jun Ho's wedding on Friday. Doesn't WSH look a bit different.. all grown up from the last we seen him?

1301069841-15.jpg

1301042278-29.jpg

201103251736779309_1.jpg

201103251736151001_1.jpg

20110325_1301042170_87292300_1.jpg

201103251732777804_1.jpg

PP11032500084.JPG

PP11032500085.JPG

• 10 months later...

February 1, 2012

JYJ becomes honorary ambassadors for the ’2012 Nuclear Security Summit’

by VITALSIGN allkpop.com

On February 2nd, the members of JYJ became the honorary ambassadors for the ‘2012 Nuclear Security Summit‘.

Held at the Coex Audiotorium in Samsung-dong, Seoul, the welcoming ceremony was attended by prime minister Kim Hwang Sik, fellow ambassador Park Jung Hyun, child actors Jin Ji Hee and Wang Suk Hyun, and a special video message by actor Jang Geun Suk.

The event was held in honor of the 748 volunteers who will be aiding in the successful launch of the Nuclear Security Summit, which will be held for two days on March 26th and 27th. The summit will be attended by leaders from international organizations from 50 different countries.

Source: Nate 1 l 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 l 9 l 10 l 11 l 12 l 13 l 14 l 15 l 16 l 17 l 18 l 19 l 20 l 21 l 22 l 23 l 24

201202021225061001_1.jpg

2012020212393109098_1.jpg

201202021232591001_1.jpg

201202021227501001_1.jpg

1328153620_267073.jpg

20120202124321130.jpg

201202021242770952_1.jpg

20120202_1328154067_19784600_1.jpg

201202021239775734_1.jpg

PYH2012020203810001300_P2.jpg

201202021240591001_1.jpg

201202021239441001_1.jpg

2012020212355198530_1.jpg

201202021237770388_1.jpg

mt_1328160305_1798897528_0.jpg

1328155145_267088.jpg

20120202000157_0.jpg

2012020212565085148_1.jpg

20120202_1328154190_94381900_1.jpg

20120202000167_0.jpg

20120202_1328154759_09767600_1.jpg

20120202124531276.jpg

201202021244161001_1.jpg

20120202_1328154004_44579500_1.jpg

• 3 months later...

June 17, 2012
Child actor Wang Suk Hyun confesses his feelings for a classmate on TVby PinkChocolate allkpop.com
2012061809222116_1_rstarpsy.jpg
Child actor Wang Suk Hyun revealed he currently has a crush on his fellow female classmate.
On the June 17th broadcast of MBC‘s ‘Section TV‘,  when the reporter asked Wang Suk Hyun if he currently has a girlfriend, Suk Hyun revealed that he was currently single.  However, he further went on to explain, “I don’t have a girlfriend but I do have a friend that I like in school. The girl’s name is Yoon (XX)“.
Wang Suk Hyun then sent his crush a video love letter and said, ”I like you a lot, it would be nice if you would like me a lot too. Please watch me in the future and enjoyably watch our drama.”
In related news, Wang Suk Hyun is currently starring in MBC’s ‘Can’t Live Without You‘.
Source & Image: Newsen
20120617232842602.jpg
N2012061801342696701.jpg

• 1 month later...

July 30, 2012
Korean Film Fest in Australia rolls out ambitious 2012 line-upKOBIZ
koffia2012.jpg In only its third year, the 2012 Korean Film Festival in Australia (KOFFIA) has released its line-up, which contains a variety of contemporary classics as well as some of the Korea’s biggest blockbusters from the last two years. KOFFIA will hold screenings in three different cities across Australia from late August to early September. Panorama, the fest’s largest section and centerpiece, will screen seven features. Headlining is 2011’s undisputed box office champ <War of the Arrows> along with surprise hit <Sunny> and 2012’s Cannes selections -- HONG Sangsoo’s <In Another Country> and IM Sang-soo’s <The Taste of Money>. Rounding out the section is Korea’s 2012 Oscar submission, <The Front Line>, the senior love story <Late Blossom> and another film from the increasingly prolific HONG Sangsoo, <The Day He Arrives>. Highlighting two genres KOFFIA sees as important in contemporary Korean cinema, sections entitled K-Comedy and K-Mystery will each screen three films. K-Comedy will catch one of 2012’s biggest hits thus far, <All About My Wife>, and also jump back in time for the popular 2011 film <DETECTIVE K: Secret of Virtuous Widow> and <Sunny> director KANG Hyoung-chul’s smashing debut, <Speedy Scandal>. K-Mystery unsurprisingly takes a darker turn with <The Yellow Sea>, starring HA Jung-woo, critical darling <Bleak Night> and the shocking tale of school abuse that was based on a true story, <Silenced>. KOFFIA’s Modern Classics this year will include two films from 2003, PARK Chan-wook’s <Oldboy> and KIM Ki-duk’s <Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and... Spring>, along with HUR Jin-ho’s quintessential melodrama, 1998’s <Christmas in August>. The fest’s Documentary section will also feature dk dk KIM Ki-duk, screening his Cannes-winning <Arirang>. Completing the section is the musical-social chronicle of singer Baek-ja ,<The Reason Why I Step>, and the Italian-produced <Through Korean Cinema>, which is based on in-depth interviews with five contemporary Korean directors. New to 2012 is the Animation section, which will feature two wildly different films -- the family-friendly Myung Films hit <Leafie: A Hen into the Wild> and YEUN Sang-ho’s dark and ultra-violent <THE KING OF PIGS>. Finally, KOFFIA will offer two short film sections. The first, the International Short Film Showcase, features 13 recent shorts including festival fare such as KIM Seok-young’s <Anesthesia>, YOON Ki-nam’s <The Metamorphosis> and 2011 Cannes invitee <Ghost>. The second section, the KOFFIA Short Film Competition, is the fest’s sole competition and will screen a variety of Australian shorts that relate to Korea in some fashion -- whether by virtue of their filmmakers, actors, language or topic -- and award cash prizes to the top films, actors and actresses. KOFFIA 2012 will be running in Sydney from August 22-28, Melbourne from September 8-12 and Brisbane from September 27-30. Check http://koffia.com.au/ for more details.

• 7 months later...

March 3, 2013
In the episode 9 of Ad Genius to be aired tonight, child-actor Wang Suk Hyun will appear in a comic-dance scene with Lee Tae Baek and Baek Ji Yoon.
http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2012529/drama-2013-advertising-genius-lee-tae-baek-%EA%B4%91%EA%B3%A0%EC%B2%9C%EC%9E%AC-%EC%9D%B4%ED%83%9C%EB%B0%B1#latest

13623530717436_0.jpg
art_1362354834.jpg