Wang Suk Hyun 왕석현

Helena

March 4, 2009

‘Men in Black’ director plans remake of Korean movie 'Scandal Makers'

poster_sscandal.jpg

Barry Sonnenfeld, the director of “Men in Black,” “The Addams Family” and “Wild Wild West” has his eye on remaking the comedy “Scandal Makers,” which sold 8.2 million tickets as of Monday after its release last December.

The Korean film starring Cha Tae-hyun and Park Bo-young will be remade in Hollywood, according to M-Line Distribution, an international film sales company.

The distribution company said the cast and production crew have yet to be decided.

By Lee Eun-joo

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2901762

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

April 13, 2009

Lee Hwi Jae Becomes Wang Seok Hyun's Uncle

tags: Lee Hwi Jae, Wang Seok Hyunby KPComedian Lee Hwi Jae (36) and actor Wang Seok Hyun (5) are teaming up for a new reality show as part of KBS 2TV’s ‘Invincible Saturday’ line-up. For 100 days, the two will live together for the variety show, I Got An Uncle (삼촌이 생겼어요), which will premiere at 6:35pm on April 25.

The two stars and the PD were present for the program’s media presentation on April 13 that took place in the International Conference Room at the KBS building in Yeoido.

20090413_1239599313.jpg

1239602481-19.jpg1239602451-50.jpg

According to PD Yoo Myung Joon, the program began on the premise of “what will happen when 38-year-old bachelor Lee Hwi Jae and Korea’s representative child actor Wang Seok Hyun meet”. Continuing on, he stated that they wanted to show true everyday life through the concept of a daily journal rather than produced situations. The reality show will put together “bad” uncle Hwi Jae and innocent child Seokhyun under one roof and see the struggles that Lee goes through to become a good father-like uncle.

Lee Hwi Jae told reporters that their first day of filming took place that very day. He confessed, “It hasn’t been long since we met, so Seok Hyun doesn’t even know my name and sleeps whenever there’s spare time”. Lee wants to be like a real uncle to Wang, who is currently living in Seoul with his mother. (KP’s note: I believe the rest of his family is in his hometown of Busan, while they are in Seoul for his work.)

In reality, Lee has two older sisters, one of whom has a son. “I’m not confident in [preparing] meals or [dealing with] washroom issues, but I have no problem with having fun playing together,” he stated in regards to his experience caring for children.

Lee also admitted that he feels some pressure about the show battling against Kang Ho Dong’s Star King and Yoo Jae Suk’s Infinity Challenge in the same timeslot. However, he stated, “I’m believing only in Wang Seok Hyun who captivated an audience of 8.2 million [in the film Speed Scandal].

Lee is currently an MC on Sponge 2.0, Introducing Star’s Friend (스타의 친구를 소개합니다) and 1000 Songs Karaoke Challenge (Dojun 1000Gok; 도전 1000곡 한소절 노래방). Wang recently released a single album of the dance genre, titled I Love You.

20090413_1239599204.jpg

1_L_1239601362.jpg

20090413182806.913.0.jpg

Source: mydaily, AsiaEconomy / daum.net; credits to kpculture.com

Guest jnmpjncp

thanks for the good news!

omg :)), i can't wait watching this show :)) the baby is way too cute, adorable, oh, his cheek :)) so cute

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

June 28, 2009

SCANDAL MAKERS Review

Posted by James Marsh at 12:06am

1_L_1245898670.jpg

Cha Tae-hyun has struggled to emulate the success of his MY SASSY GIRL co-star Jeon Ji-hyun. His work in the 8 years since has failed to emulate the reception of his debut, with his scene-stealing female co-star reaping most of the rewards. However, while Jeon, or “Gianna” as she now insists on being called, has opted to cast off her well-worked persona as one of Asia’s better comedic actresses in favour of the limp and anaemic BLOOD: THE LAST VAMPIRE, Cha has stuck to his proven genre of romantic comedy and may have finally stumbled onto a another winner.

In SCANDAL MAKERS (aka SPEEDY SCANDAL), Cha plays popular radio talk show host Hyeon-soo, who dishes out flippant relationship advice to lovelorn schoolgirls, while enjoying a healthy playboy lifestyle after hours. However, life deals him a royal kick in the teeth when his most popular caller, Jeong-nam (Park Bo-yeong), turns up on his doorstep with her young son, Ki-dong, claiming to be his daughter. After much heated discussion and an impromptu paternity test at the local veterinary clinic, Hyeon-soo begrudgingly welcomes Jeong-nam and her sleepwalking minor into his carefully constructed life, but forces them to assume the identities of more distant relatives to avoid any scandal.

Of course the situation is absurd, but there-in lies the humour and first-time writer/director Kang Hyeong-cheol successfully milks the premise for all that it’s worth over the next hour-and-a-half. Like many Korean films, the pinnacle of success is depicted as having a walk-in wardrobe and cooking oneself a hearty, yet healthy, breakfast. In fact the film’s opening credits play like a pristine, child-friendly version of Dexter, as Hyeon-soo’s morning ritual is played out to hip-swinging jazz and the credits themselves hang from the mise-en-scene.

Sadly this visual inventiveness is soon forgotten about, but is traded in for fine characterisation and some toe-tapping musical numbers - perhaps one too many, but not enough to become offensive. Cha makes for a likeable lead, never straying far from the droopy goofiness we have seen from him in the past and never letting his wily persona get too out-of-hand to make him anything less than endearing. Park Bo-yeong has a fair set of lungs on her, assuming she did her own singing, and plays the wise-beyond-her-years young mother and aspiring singer/songwriter Jeong-nam just right.

However, both the adult leads are blown clean off the screen by Hwang Seok-hyeon, who plays Hyeon-soo’s grandson, Ki-dong. He sleepwalks, he plays the piano, he emphatically announces his name to anyone who asks and has a keen eye for the ladies. In a role that could so easily have become mawkish, grating and show-stoppingly dreadful, the young whipper-snapper has all the best lines and most memorable moments and is consistently the best thing in the film.

SCANDAL MAKERS largely ignores the contrivances of its own plot to spend more time with the three interesting and amusing lead characters. The film never attempts to lecture on the apparently epidemic teen pregnancy problem within Hyeon-soo’s family and refreshingly uses infant somnabulism almost exclusively for laughs. Any film comfortable enough to reject political correctness so brazenly and milk these topics for their full comedic potential in a maintream family-oriented piece of entertainment earns my unreserved recommendation.

Source: twitchfilm.net

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zahieyjunki

Wang Suk Hyun!! OMG~ He so cute!!~

and yes Speed Scandal is a great movie..

He can do lots of dance imitation!!

Do you guys watch " I have An Uncle" with SNSD Yoona & Yuri? That eps was effin cute!!

He was totally admiring Yoona..

this one!

090704 SNSD Cut (Invincible Saturday)

090620 SNSD Yoona Video Phone Call(Invincible Saturday)

credit : prot0980

Guest hkanchi

He looks so cute. Have not seen his movies or drama but saw some trailer of his movie and his acts is so fantabulastic. Way to go kid, u ROCK...

• 1 month later...