[Anime/Manga]Fairy Tail

Guest NO NAME?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest XxSwt Lilo LuverxX

i remember going on onemanga to read one piece and seeing fairy tail the 4th most viewed shonen? or something manga and thinking it was some romance/girly genre because of 'fairy tail' lols

anyway after ignoring it for years i read it last month and dang, cant believe i didnt realise how good it was sooner

& i love the way its drawn, kinda like onepieceish style which alot of my friends hate but whatever

onto the anime, i've only watched ep 1 which i thought was good .. usually after reading manga's i dont feel like watching anime's cos it doesnt satisfy me but maybe i will for this =]

Guest dnuhh07

^ Yeah I felt that way too when I saw it on onemanga. My brother kept telling me to read it but I always put it off. Then one of my friends demanded that I read it so I did. Couldn't believe I ignored it too!

Yeah, my brother and I were kind of skeptical about the anime. But it's really good so far! I think you should continue watching it :)

Guest Fook You

Chapter 161:

Over already? What? Really? Seriously what a Bleach-esque ending to what I was expecting to be an epic fight full of twists and turns.

Guest teevee01

Love this manga! it reminds me of one piece. Natsu and Lucy, they're so funny together hahah.

The anime i thought it would be like one piece style but its still awesome to watch. Cannot wait for them to get to the latest arc.

Guest Fook You

love the manga. Hate the anime.

Couldn't agree more. The anime's art just strikes me as childish, and it almost in a way "dumbs down" the manga.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WeiJian

After having followed FairyTale through 50+ chapters of its manga in 2days xP, I'm really starting to think that it is getting to be as awesome as Naruto, but wittier and funnier. The story and characters have gained a lot of depth like Naruto gradually did from its earlier chapters to what it is today.

I'm hopeful that this will continue to be so for Fairy Tail too. =D Although the title (from an "English language" POV) does sound a little bit strange, but its understandable since its a Japanese manga after all. The interpretation of the manga by the anime guys isn't that bad IMO either, although there are some aspects that are disappointing and the interpretation and execution of some of the gags from the manga isn't as perfect as I have imagined in my mind when I was reading the manga. But I'm sure that it'll only improve like Naruto did. The voice actors are really great especially Natsu's and Happy's. Can't wait of the next Anime to be out!!!

Love that adorable flying-cat (Happy) so much. =D Its one of my frav. Anime/Manga character now!!!

untitled1.jpg

AYE!

Guest NO NAME?

Chapter 165:

:lol: @ Gazelle. He doesn't have a cat. Luxus and Cobra don't have one either.

And Gildartz returns. So he finished a 100 year mission in three years. Just how strong is this guy?! Maybe he's a dragon, not dragon slayer.

v Ah, right! :P

Guest Fook You

^Just to note, Luxus and Cobra were fake dragon slayers, implanted with Lachryma.

Although how actual dragon slayer magic is learned is beyond me.

^ The anime differs from the manga slightly, even 10 episodes in there seems to be a couple filler episodes.

The manga I believe is a lot stronger than the anime, what with the pacing and all.

Read the manga, although it is up to you haha ^^"

Guest WeiJian

i remember going on onemanga to read one piece and seeing fairy tail the 4th most viewed shonen? or something manga and thinking it was some romance/girly genre because of 'fairy tail' lols

One thing to note is that since its Japanese, English words do not have the same connotations or "feel" to them as native English speakers, so I tend not to judge a manga by its English names. :)

Guest xkrn4lyfx

wish there were more of fairy tail =( i do not like waiting week after week for releases, well that goes for all manga i suppose

wonder if wendy will be able to heal gildartz, i mean regrow an arm, leg, and an organ. but makarov's friend should at least be able to do something, regrew erza's eye didn't she?

only problem i have with the series is it does the bleachesque thing of random power ups. natsu eats random mini cooper and powers up, again and again and again.... wendy had no offensive power, then suddenly was able to take out a lycrma crystal, erza went from strongest woman to being able to (supposedly) fight master (w/e phantom's guild master was) and luxus and is candidate for guildmaster and can pwn the strongest member of oracion seis and kicks natsu's richard simmons without even trying, lucy suddenly has over half the gates of the zodiac without doing anything, gray is suddenly an archer, and pretty much the same with a lot of other characters.

Guest NO NAME?

Chapter 166:

Gildarts reminds me of Shanks (One Piece) :lol: Even though Gildarts is the strongest FT mage, he was no match for the black dragon. Natsu will either go and find the black dragon right away or take the 100 year quest.

edit:

2ziyq9c.jpg

Who's the girl in the new ED? Can't be Mirajane.

Guest NO NAME?

^ Oh! I see now. That must be her. I forgot about about that incident.

Are you looking for the full tracks?

v

Oh, onelifecrew's single won't be released until the first week of March. Yeah, the new ED isn't bad.

Chapter 167:

:lol: @ Gazille. I wonder if he found a cat. Maybe that cats have a greater purpose. I think the cats are dragons...?

Archived