Guest C51236

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

Lee Si Young shows off her chest for ‘Bodyguard MW’

tn_1306974603_-1124635581_0.jpg

Actress Lee Si Young is confidently showing off her chest for a photoshoot with underwear brand, ‘Bodyguard MW‘.

Emphasizing her bubbly, but sexy charms, the photoshoot used brightly-colored bras to give off a vivacious vibe. In one of the photos, Lee Si Young wore a sky blue bra beneath a white mini-dress, giving the shot a refreshing feel. In another photo, she exuded a more seductive air with her dark undergarments under a white dress shirt.

Meanwhile, the photo of Lee Si Young in the yellow set drew admiration from the staff on set, as it emphasized her curves and sexy body line.

The star is currently filming for her upcoming movie, “Couples“.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/lee-si-young-shows-off-her-chest-for-bodyguard-mw

• 2 months later...

Hey Everyone! Lee Si Young is in a new KBS drama, Poseidon!!!

Here is an article link -- Couple Stills and More from Upcoming Drama "Poseidon" and  Choi Si Won Shows Affection for Lee Si Young at the Beach?

I read somewhere on one of the articles above that the drama is based on a true life story, so it will be nice to see how it pans out. I'm so happy to see LSY get this opportunity, and since I have KBS World, lol, I hope eventually her drama gets english subbed and broadcasted so I can watch from my own TV.

Go LSY! I think I might watch this drama and stick to it. I tend to watch dramas halfway, lol, a bad habit of mine.

• 1 month later...

November 9, 2011

th_road4hope1.jpg

Lee Byung Hun and Lee Si Young draw out donations worth 2.5 billion won

By ilnungcha Korea.com via Nate 1 l 2 l 3 l 4 l 5

2011110815454236803_1.jpg

Actor Lee Byung Hun and Lee Si Young, who visited Africa through KBS 1TV’s special program 2011 Road For Hope, gathered approximately 2.5 billion Won (about $ 2.23 million) in just two weeks.

According to KBS on the 8th, through the episode of Lee Byung Hun Stands On The Deserted Land, Mali, which aired on the 29th of last month, he gathered about 1.5 billion won and through the episode of Lee Si Young Heads To Republic Of South Sudan, The Land Of Freedom, she drew donations worth 1 billion won. In just two weeks of broadcast, there were 12,599 donations and totaled up to about 2.5 billion won.

2011 Road For Hope airs every Saturday at 5:35 p.m for seven weeks with eight actors who represent Korea crossing across the world to ‘share’ with others who suffer from poverty and starvation.

The show received good reviews because actor Lee Byung Hun, who is still in U.S for the shooting of G.I. Joe 2, and Lee Si Young, who stars in KBS’ TV series Poseidon, narrated the show despite their hectic schedule and aroused sympathy from the viewers. Especially, Lee Si Young tearful narration attracted attention.

The third episode of 2011 Road For Hope – Lee Bum Soo Heads To Mozambique, The Land Of Black Tears will air on this coming 12th.

Source: Starnews

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

after seeing how good Lee Si Young is in Wild Romance, I keep wondering how it would have been if she was the girl lead in that Take Care of Us, Captain drama with Ji Jin Hee.

I am really enjoying Lee Si Young's performance in WR. She has such great comic timing and this hair cut really suits the character. Hats off to her for not caring how she looks and immersing herself in the character. Hope to see more fans flocking to this thread!

33854636.jpg20111212132366671831879.jpgzysxbolzen95.jpgwild13.jpg17629934.jpg48925141.jpgreal019.jpgreal0111.jpg

Cre: KST WR

January 18, 2012

'Boxing Actress' Lee Hopes to Take on More Action-Packed Roles

Source: englishnews@chosun.com

Since debuting four years ago, actress Lee Si-young has scaled impressive heights in her acting career and played lead roles in numerous hit TV dramas and movies. In the new KBS TV drama "Wild Romance," which began airing recently, she again finds herself the star of the show as a bodyguard tasked with protecting a baseball player who has received death threats.

"I had my long hair cut short to better suit the role of this tough character," Lee said. When asked whether it was hard to act in another action drama after just wrapping up the soap "Poseidon," where she played a Coast Guard commando, Lee said the role had made her more interested in seeking out similar kinds of characters.

"I became very interested in action dramas," she said. "In 'Poseidon,' I felt my limitations in playing such a role, so I want to challenge myself with more action roles to develop my skills.”

"I don't see many actresses who are good at tough action roles. I hope I can fill the gap."

2012011800474_1.jpg

Last March, Lee made headlines by winning the National Amateur Boxing Championships in the 48 kg class, making a name for herself as a "boxing actress."

"I got into the sport after playing the part of an amateur female boxer in a soap on MBC. I kept it up as a hobby and was told that I had got potential, so I trained really hard," Lee said. "Boxing changed who I am. I became more honest and extroverted, with more confidence in who I am," she said.

When asked why she declined to do interviews about her boxing after winning the tournament, Lee said she became concerned about all the attention she was receiving. "I'm an actress and I became worried that I wouldn't get to play any decent roles again if the boxing got too much attention," she said.

How does she feel about the low ratings "Poseidon" received, as well as the fact that "Wild Romance" is also not posting stellar ratings? "I would not be telling the truth if I said I didn't feel any pressure," Lee said. "But I'm giving it all I have and trying to enjoy the experience, so I think things will work out."

I really adore this girl! I have seen all her works! and Wild Romance made me respect her! what an excellent actress! she can pull off the short perm style plus the tomboyish way! she is so impressive! I Love it!!! God bless her soul! and now that I have discovered that she is a boxer.....double wow!!! hahaha! kinda curious about her thats why I kinda look for this thread.....hehehe! more power to her and keep us the good work!!!

• 2 weeks later...

February 7, 2012

Lee Si Young: 'Director Makes Me Control Myself'

Source: KBS Global

Actress Lee Si Young, who never holds back while acting to present comical scenes in the KBS drama "Wild Romance," looks the most beautiful now compared to her previous dramas. Her natural appearance, such as her frizzy hair right after waking up, untidy makeup, loose clothes, and during hand-to-hand combat with men, looked completely ruined as an actress, but she looks the most beautiful and lovely in those scenes in her current drama. Lee Si Young (30) has been greatly praised for her appearance in "Wild Romance" (written by Park Wan Sun and directed by Bae Kyung Soo) by playing Yoo Eun Jae. Lee Si Young said, "Actually I am ready to present more comical acting in the drama, but the director is stopping me and making me control myself as he still regards me as the female protagonist (laugh), but Lee Dong Wook and I are always agonizing over how to produce laughter on the film set among the staff members. When the staff members laugh after looking at our acting, we become energized."

8068_3649_l.jpg

Lee Si Young recently gave a phone interview and said, "I really enjoy filming. It is very fun, and I never felt embarrassed while acting. The character whom I play looks lovely to me, so many people seem to like the character as well." She had short hair for the first time since her debut only to successfully play her role of a female bodyguard in the drama and she presents realistic comic acting by fully utilizing her short hair. Lee said "Actually I had this hairstyle when I was young when I lived in a rural area. The hair seemed to be treated by the character's own grandmother. I had agonized over the hairstyle of the character before I began filming, and the hairstyle that I had in my childhood popped into my head after looking at my picture taken when I was young. Sometimes I look at my photo that I attached to my script (laugh)." Actresses usually put on lipstick even when they film a sleeping scene, but Lee Si Young does not wear any makeup in the drama, and she even washes her face very clean in the drama. In particular, she intentionally had frizzy hair to present a Yoo Eun Hae who had just waken up in the morning. Lee Si Young said, "At first, our director opposed my idea of having completely disheveled hair, but I insisted that I wanted to have that tangled hair in the scene (laugh). I finally came to have the hair that I wanted to present, and my appearance produced a huge laugh. But it seemed to be too much."

8068_3650_l.jpg

Lee Si Young began to present comic acting since her appearance in the drama "Becoming a Billionaire" in 2010. She was only a rookie actress before she appeared in "Becoming a Billionaire," but she received the spotlight after playing Bu Tae Hee, who is the heir of a conglomerate in the drama. The character was a childish and audacious woman, but she looked attractive enough. Lee Si Young could have become a female character in a typical story of love in a conglomerate, but she presented the character in a completely different way by adding a comical element. After the drama, she appeared in the movie "Dangerous Families" by playing a woman from Busan who speaks the local dialect perfectly and successfully produced huge laughter with her comic acting again. Then she returned to comedy dramas with "Wild Romance."

8068_3651_l.jpg

Lee Si Young has been gaining popularity with her appearances in her works, and it is very inspiring thing to her that she has drawn a favorable response from female viewers. Lee said, "I really appreciate this popularity. I have been a huge fan of the writer Park Yeon Sun, and she actually makes my character Yoo Eun Jae lovely and attractive. I am enjoying reading my script and I am having a pleasant time talking with the writer and director very often while filming the drama. In addition, these days, I am writing a journal from Yoo Eun Jae's point of view at the senior actor's suggestion, and it actually helps very much for playing the character. I can be fully immersed in the character as I am writing her emotions in letters."

8068_3652_l.jpg

Lee Si Young could gain more popularity thanks to boxing. A beautiful and slender woman indulged in boxing, she won at the amateur boxing championship in the 48 kilogram weight division, and her story became a topic of conversation. Lee Si Young became a representative healthy and diligent actress by boxing, and her tears that she showed when she won the championship removed the prejudice about any "pretense" on the part of the actress. She said, "There are many beautiful actresses out there, and I thought that I could not compete with them with only my appearance. I came to have an interest in boxing. Boxing is another dream of mine. It is not merely a hobby for me. I could draw more attention from people with my boxing and I could be cast in the works better, but the best thing was that I could have another dream in my life at the age of thirty. Acting has been my only dream and goal, and it could give me frustration and make me discouraged when I cannot present good acting, but now I have another dream and goal and I feel very happy that I can have a new goal in my life. Boxing means something to me. I could think about many things while boxing, and I have changed to a positive person through boxing." She said that she could reach a turning point in her life with boxing. Lee continued, "As I train myself as a boxer, I become more absorbed in boxing. Actually I might have a better punch if I gain more weight, but I am refraining because I am still an actress (laugh).” After she began boxing, she played the role of a maritime police officer in the drama “Poseidon” and now she is playing the role of a bodyguard in “Wild Romance.” All male actors agreed that her action acting was the best among actresses. Lee said, “I still have a long way to go whether it comes to boxing or comic acting. I have to learn more. I want to be good at both boxing and acting, and at the same time, I want to appear in a romantic comedy drama while presenting my lovely appearance and giving off my charm as an actress."

8068_3653_l.jpg

Lee Si Young debuted in 2008 at the age of twenty six, which was relatively older than other actresses. She said, "I first watched TV when I came to Seoul when I was nine years old. Before I moved to Seoul, I had never had a chance to watch TV as there was no TV in the rural area where I used to live, so I was very shocked at first. I came to think that I would like to appear on TV from that moment. But my parents opposed the idea of me being an entertainer. I just entered university as an ordinary student, and I began to participate in acting auditions right after I graduated from university. But I continuously failed at the auditions.” She finally debuted by appearing in a cable TV drama at the age of twenty six, and now she seems to be filled with passion and enthusiasm towards acting at this moment. Lee Si Young said, “I feel reluctance to take a rest. I truly think that I have to improve more, so I have to have various experiences, as many as possible, to learn more things through diverse experiences.”

• 3 weeks later...

[videoS] IDOL LOVE SCANDAL COUPLES

Idol Love Scandal 1st – 2AM Seulong & Wonder Girls Sohee

Idol Love Scandal 2nd – Kim Soo Hyun & T-ara Eunjung

Idol Love Scandal 3rd – T-ara Hyomin & Go Young Ok

Idol Love Scandal 4th – Big Bang G-Dragon & Seungri

Idol Love Scandal 5th – Boyfriend Hyunseong & Jeongmin

Idol Love Scandal 6th – 2AM Jinwoon & SNSD Seohyun

Idol Love Scandal 7th – Super Junior Donghae & SNSD Yoona

Idol Love Scandal 8th – SNSD Tiffany & 2PM Wooyoung

Idol Love Scandal 9th – After School Kahi & Teen Top Niel

Idol Love Scandal 10th – Jang Geun Suk & Jang Yun Ju

Idol Love Scandal 11th – Lee Dong Wook & Lee Si Young

Idol Love Scandal 12th – MBLAQ GO & After School Jooyeon

Idol Love Scandal 13th – B2ST Doojoon & 4Minute Gayoon

Idol Love Scandal 14th – SHINee Key & Kara Nicole

Idol Love Scandal 15th – TVXQ Yunho & Go Ara

• 2 weeks later...

March 5, 2012

Cast Members of ‘Wild Romance’ Celebrate Airing of Last Episode

Writer: TV Report Lee Woo In Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi

The KBS 2TV Wednesday and Thursday drama “Wild Romance” finished airing on February 23, and the stills taken at the celebration party that was held to celebrate the airing of the final episode on the same day were unveiled through the GnG blog (http://blog.naver.com/gngstar/).

The staff members and cast members looked very friendly to each other as they had worked together in the middle of severe cold. Lee Si Young who was hiding her red face as if she were crying drew attention. In particular, the members of the fan club for the drama belonging to DC Inside, who had brought snacks and gifts for the cast members on the last filming, also brought a double layer cake on which the faces of the cast members were engraved to express their unchanged love towards “Wild Romance.” Lee Si Young and Im Joo Eun took a photo while holding their script and the gifts that were presented by the fan club members with beautiful smiles on their faces for their fans.

1339_3495_l.jpg

In addition, the staff members and the cast members began the party by cutting the double layer cake together. The producer Hwang Eui Kyung CP presented the awards to the cast members, which created an enthusiastic atmosphere. All the staff and cast members watched the last episode together and they began to applaud when the ending credits of the drama appeared on the screen. They celebrated completing their own drama together.

wow! thanks for sharing ruby those interesting article about LSY, my gosh! she didn't use make up while filming wild romance?!

wow! super wow!!! she really looked beautiful with her natural look, especially those big bright eyes! and I don't care if she undergo knife, as long as she is an excellent actress.

Her performance in WR was the best I have seen so far, she gave life to Yoo Eun Jae that I felt that there is a real one out there, she must be really, really good. In playful kiss she gave me heart ache because she is getting in between hani and sueng jo, but I realize that she has really talent that made me mad at her! not the character! hahaha! she is really damn good. especially now that I'm missing my Eun Jae.......:tears:

I'm really looking forward to her future role. I hope wild romance will become a movie and this time Eun Jae will become a spy and let her dress like Sarah Walker of Chuck! hahahaha!

Kudos Lee Si Young!

• 2 weeks later...

Lee Si Young was so charming when she appeared as a guest on YSMM in 2009 (I watched that video because of another guest, Bae Soo Bin :))  Thanks to rubie for posting the Road for Hope article earlier in the thread - here, thanks to KBSDocumentary, are the clips showing LSY in the Road for Hope programme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46V4ew8Ew3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU-yrN3mGt8&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByyBWnQJTCQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L8-_J-lHxQ&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOL2lSrm-OY&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoCBWBgF5dU&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlsh83hj6zQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRqQgRjXKJM&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAH7zQKjY7M

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived