Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

@berrymonster it was posted by lala111 dated oct 4 on page 649, it was in Mandarin  with eng sub but it was removed by the user when i checked it now, how about you, where did you watch it? ...i think the reason why cecilia cried at the end is bec JDG died maybe? that's my presumption, she loves him but she realized that he was getting in love with ZZY already, and she was the reason also why he died.

October 22, 2012
Who's Who in Korea's 10 Million Movie Club
Source: Nate
The 10 Million club = actors whose movies have sold 10 million tickets
201210210847381110_1.jpg
1st Row: Sul Kyung Gu (Silmido, 2003 & Haeundae 2009), Ahn Sung Ki (Silmido, 2003), Jang Dong Gun (Taegukgi, 2004)
2nd Row: Lee Byung Hun (Gwanghae, 2012), Ryu Seung Ryong (Gwanghae, 2012), Won Bin (Taegukgi, 2004)
3rd Row: Lee Jun Ki (King & Clown, 2005), Song Kang Ho (The Host, 2006), Park Hae Il (The Host, 2006)
4th Row: Ha Ji Won (Haeundae, 2009), Kim Hye Soo (The Thieves, 2012), Jeon Ji Hyun (The Thieves, 2012)
5th Row: Park Joong Hoon (Haeundae, 2009), Kim Yoon Seok (The Thieves, 2012), Kim In Kwon (Gwanghae, 2012)

class="entry-title"’2012 Style Icon Awards’ reveals the top 10 ‘Teen Style Icons’ of 2012

CJ E&M has announced the top 10 ‘Teen Style Icons‘ ahead of the upcoming ‘2012 Style Icon Awards‘.

The ‘Style Icons’ were chosen through online voting (30%), the amount of times they were searched for (30%), and 100 professional judges’ evaluation (40%). This year, the ten chosen to represent the style icons that teens look up to the most were Jang Dong Gun, Psy, Ha Jung Woo, Seo In Guk A Pink‘s Eunji (counted as one), Song Joong Ki, miss A‘s Suzy, Super Junior, SISTAR, Yoo Joon Sang, and Im Soo Jung.

The ‘Style Icon Awards’ picks the ‘Style Icon’ who has made the biggest impact on the lifestyle of the public at the awards ceremony. In addition to the list of the ten ‘Teen Style Icons’ that was revealed, one ‘Style Icon of the Year’ will be announced at the event, which will take place on the 25th.

source : allkpop

Guest lala111

he won style icon of the year~haha

class="headline"Jang Dong Gun Wins Style Icon of the Year at ‘2012 SIA′CJ E&M enewsWorldBy Nancy Lee | CJ E&M enewsWorld – 7 hours ago It was a night glittered with the hottest stars, who represent the best in fashion, culture and the arts, but it was Jang Dong Gun who took home the honor of Style Icon of the Year at this year’s Style Icon Awards (SIA), held at the CJ E&M Center in Seoul on October 25.

Jang Dong Gun beat out fellow Style Icons Ha Jung Woo, Yu Joon Sang, Song Joong Ki and Im Soo Jung as well as rising stars Suzy, Jung Eun Ji and Seo In Guk and K-Pop phenoms Psy, Super Junior and SISTAR, who were all honored at this year’s ceremony as well.

Most notably, Jang Dong Gun’s My Way costar Joe Odagiri made a surprise appearance to present the A Gentleman’s Dignity actor with his Style Icon award earlier in the night.

High energy performances by Yoon Mirae, alongside husband Tiger JK and Bizzy, as well as contestants from Show Me the Money and The Voice of Korea kept the crowd pumped all night.

And although Psy was unable to make the event, his mini-me Hwang Min Woo more than made up for the superstar’s absence, horse dancing to hit Gangnam Style.

The best of the ballad and rock worlds also collided onstage, where Yoon Gun, Yoon Do Hyun and John Park performed covers of Brown Eyes’ Already One Year and Lee Moon Sae’s In the Rain, while Suzy sweetened the mood with her rendition of Adele’s Someone Like You earlier in the night.

SISTAR drove the men wild with its revamped version of hit Alone, lighting up the stage in glittery gold dresses before accepting their award.

The boys of Super Junior also took the stage to accept their Style Icon Award with leader Leeteuk one last time, before he says farewell to his fans, later this month when he enlists in the army.

http://ph.omg.yahoo.com/news/jang-dong-gun-wins-style-icon-of-the-150508820.html
class="articletitle"Who is the Winner for the '2012 Style Icon Awards'?

Today, the results for the '2012 Style Icon Awards' were revealed.

October 25, 2012 5:49 PM EDT | 0EMAILPRINTMore Sharing Services0

Style Icon Awards, Jang Dong Gun, Super Junior.

Today, the results for the "2012 Style Icon Awards" were revealed.

There were many different categories and genres that took the industry by storm this year such as "Gangnam Style" Psy and Seo In Gook and A Pink Jung Eunji from "Respond 1997."

Like Us on Facebook :

These nominees competed through an online poll, research preference survey and a 100 member executive survey to come up with the top 10 nominees.

The 10th winner of the 'Style Icon Awards' went to idol group Super Junior.

Actor Jang Dong Gun beat 'world star' Psy and won the 'Style Icon of the Year' award.

This event took place today at 8 PM (KST) at the CJ E&M center.

Jang Dong Gun commented, "I don't know if I should win this because there are so many other great competitors. Thank you all so much."

He continued, "I received so much love and support this year. I will make it up through working hard in acting and in fashion."

There were also many music performances from idols to ballads. 'Little Psy' Hwang Min Woo also took over the stage.

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/16367/20121025/who-is-the-winner-for-the-2012-style-icon-awards.htm

class="content-title" Jang Dong Gun and Hyun Bin Are More Alike Than You Think pikapika October 29, 2012

Jang Dong Gun and Hyun Bin Are More Alike Than You Think

Although they may not look too much alike, Korea’s top actors Jang Dong Gun and Hyun Bin are being called doppelgangers. Their similarities have been brought to light by their connections to famed script writer Kim Eun Sook.

In the 2010 SBS drama “Secret Garden” Hyun Bin captivated the hearts of the viewers by playing the stubborn and confident Kim Joo Woon. Jang Dong Gun wooed the hearts of many women playing the stubborn but subtly romantic Kim Do Jin in the SBS drama “A Gentleman’s Dignity.” Both dramas were written by Kim Eun Sook. Then, after starring in their respected dramas, the two actors took on completely different roles in movies with a Chinese costar.

After “Secret Garden” Hyun Bin starred in a beautiful and moving love story with Chinese actress Tang Wei in the movie, “Late Autumn.” On the other hand, after making the small screen comeback in “A Gentleman’s Dignity” Jang Dong Gun showed a different image in the remake of “Dangerous Liaisons.” Jang Dong Gun changed from a charming gentleman to a sexy homme fatale who seduces Zhang Ziyi ad Cecilia Cheung.

The two have also share the bond of playing the same character. Jang Dong Gun played “Han Dong Su” in the iconic movie “Friend”, and Hyun Bin played the same character in the drama version. They both have narrated documentaries and had chart topping music hits. Both are also considered kings of advertising.

A representative said, “Whether it be a masculine or tender image, they are both known as refined gentlemen when they models for brands. They both have good personalities and manners. They are punctual and have other such things in common.”

dopplebod.jpg

credit : soompi news

Weekly Roundup: Rise and Fall

This week, we saw Jang Dong Gun win the coveted ‘2012 Style Icon of the Year Award’ marking a successful comeback for the actor in all respects, while 4minute’s Hyuna stole most of the attention (and music video views) from abroad.

But the week also brought troubling news, when reports surfaced of a manager at Key East Agency who had committed various sexual violence crimes, while an alleged SNSD copy cat group in Japan left a bad taste in many folks’ mouths.

Read on for more!

81447374.jpg

Stars on the Rise

1. Jang Dong Gun Wins the 2012 Style Icon of the Year Award

It’s been a stellar year for Jang Dong Gun so far with a hugely successful television drama (SBS’ A Gentleman’s Dignity) under his belt, numerous endorsement deals and the high-profile release of his new movie.

Capping things off this week was Jang Dong Gun being announced as the winner of the 2012 Style Icon of the Year Award. Beating out fellow actors Ha Jung Woo, Yu Joon Sang, Song Joong Ki and Im Soo Jung, the actor was recognized for his style and iconic status as one of the hottest Korean stars out there right now.

[[►► Read more Jang Dong Gun news here.]]

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK to read FULL article : http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=19011&idxType=News&trendKeyword=

Photo Credit: Kim Byung Man
/ enewsworld

class="at_ttl ml10"Go So Young, "As Soon As We Told Jang Dong Gun's Parents About My Pregnancy...."

Go So Young

Actress Go So Young revealed the reactions to her pregnancy within Jang Dong Gun's family and Jang Dong Gun himself.

On the Go So Young edition of 'Healing Camp' that aired on the 9th, Go So Young stated the reactions of her wedlock pregnancy.

She was questioned "What was Jang Dong Gun's reaction to your pregnancy"

She replied "After I got pregnant I told Jang Dong Gun 'Honey, I think I'm pregnant what do we do...?'" And he positively replied "what, what? it's a good thing."

"We had already gotten approval from both sides of our families to get married so we went to Jang Dong Gun's parents and told them about my pregnancy. My father in law told us 'This child... He should've Waited Just A Bit.'"

"Also when I was pregnant I tried to secretly go to hospital checkups alone. But all the reporters already knew I was pregnant!"

After actress Go So Young got married to actor Jang Dong Gun in 2010 of May the same year they had their first child, son Joon Hyuk in October.

© 2012 KDramaStars.com All right reserved.

November 15, 2012
Jang Dong-Geon and Kim Min-Jong in Africa?  Source: Innolfe Korea
20121115175122.jpg
Jang Dong-Geon and Kim Min-Jong of ‘A Gentleman's Dignity’ showed ‘A Volunteer’s Dignity’.
Jang Dong-Geon and Kim Min-Jong visited Democratic Republic of Congo in Africa for ‘Hope TV’ of SBS that WFP (World Food Programme), UNHCR (Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees) and UNICEF participated in.
Jang Dong-Geon who is a ambassador of WFP and his close friend Kim Min-Jong visited Congo together and met local refugees and children who are suffering from persecution and starvation caused by the devastating civil war and violations that has been several years.
Jang Dong-Geon said, “The locus of refugee camps were more than imaginations. A young mother who ate leaves since she couldn’t feed her baby with breast milk, children getting wet by rain due to no place to stay for them, and other sad appearances were around. I’d like to ask audiences of the program to help those people who need our help.”
Kim Min-Jong also said that, “I heard that there were many helpless people, but the level of difficulties of Congo refugees made me be in a shock. We need to help children through UN.”
Meanwhile, ‘Hope TV’ of SBS that Jang Dong-Geon and Kim Min-Jong are appearing is going to be on TV on 16th. [Photo=’Hope TV’ of SBS]

November 15, 2012

"Gentlemen" show a sensitive streak

By Carla Sunwoo Korea JoongAng Daily

15174035.jpg

Co-stars from “A Gentleman’s Dignity” showed not just their dignified streak, but their soft side, too, after a mission trip to the Congo.

Jang Dong-gun and Kim Min-jong recently returned from the poverty-stricken nation and said that they were moved by what they saw there.

On a trip co-hosted by Unicef and UNHCR’s World Food Program, the two actors spent time with kids and refugees in the Congo area.

“The poverty was worse than I feared,” said Jang. “One mother was so malnourished and couldn’t breastfeed, so she would chew on leaves to get nutrition for her kid.”

Kim also said that he was shocked “to visit a continent that felt so far away from where I was.”
Regardless, Kim said his visit opened his eyes up to the fact that, “Korea received a lot of aid after the war, so it’s about time we helped out others in need.”

The pair’s visit will be televised as an SBS documentary through the program “Hope TV” on Nov. 16.
l_2012111501002264500179451.jpg