Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

^ lovely sunye ~~~ really pretty even without makeup ~~!

pics in the studio .. look like the girls so having fun , cant wait for this track

i guess might be R&B style ? ...hahah (i hope)

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the belated translation.

As posited earlier, the alluded 'new' WG song is most likely 2DT.

yulesohucom20110127n279.jpg

Source: http://yule.sohu.com...279125352.shtml

International potpourri flavor for LiaoningTV CNY performer lineup

Sohu Music 2011-01-27 21:21

LiaoningTV is busy preparing for their CNY show & recently announced their performer lineup to the media. Korean idol group WONDERGIRLS will make their Chinese New Year stage debut. Russian male soprano VITAS will hit the high notes. Fish Leong will share her wedded bliss. JJ LIN will also show off his singing & dancing skills. Besides this strong international card, LiaoningTV has also specially invited the online singer of 2010's viral hit 'Perturbed'. In addition, Mao Ning, Cai Guoqing, Sun Ye & other familiar faces will also perform & send their CNY greetings.

Awesome decision to have a global star lineup

Last year, LiaoningTV had invited male soprano VITAS to perform his breakout hit 'Opera2' on their CNY show. It was a high point for the audience, & also expanded LiaoningTV's 'Look North' theme. This year's CNY show has a global focus. Not only did the 'Look North' approach continue by luring VITAS again, they also turned southward by getting popular singers Fish Leong & JJ Lin [both from Southeast Asia], as well as eastward by inviting famous Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS. This will be the latter's first-ever participation in a CNY program in China. WONDERGIRLS had set off a worldwide 'Nobody' craze since 2009. Look for a dazzling rendition of this popular song on the LiaoningTV stage this year. The girls will also perform their eye-catching new opus. [skipped the rest, which is about the other performers.]

Editor: Liang Shuo

Guest wonderr23

Thanks for uploading them qoxie! OMG those are like the most private places that WG goes to!!! They go to Chungdamdong!!! That's like the expensive top spot for shopping and dining!! I went there like few years back with a group of friends(i wasn't familiar with the districts)!! I maxed out my credit card.rofl If you guys want to go to this neighborhood be sure to like take thousands of dollars with you cuz everything is soo pricey!

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4813/img0004eu.jpg

^

I haven't been to this place yet. Sohee goes there to dine with her father? OMO!! Maple Tree House you are so on my list!! :angry:

------

You guys about the Daum Music Fest voting system!! You can actually vote for once a day!!! So sorry for the confusion!!! Look at the picture below to understand!

If you vote, you can actually see a message like this pop out! 315mlw3.jpg

^

This means your voting is successful!

On the other hand, if a message like this pops out, that means you already voted!

v

v

v

6h2mhk.jpg

If a category is crossed out(refer to the first picture)! That means you already voted for that category and had to wait till tomorrow to cast another vote.

^

Yup, the book grouped the hotspots into 7 Seoul districts, & WG is noticeably listed with the Chungdam area.

The blurb: Chungdam -- the Soho to Seoul, is known for attracting the 'new rich.' Many see Chungdam as a district of Korea's high culture with designer stores, art galleries & cafes. A favorite hangout for celebrities & yuppies.

Then again, JYP is listed together with the girls so he is probably the ringleader (maybe with Bae Yong Joon? He's listed as a regular too).

The other 6 areas are Apgunung, Garosoogil, Hongdae, Itaewon, Myeongdong & Samchung Dong.

Sohee's haunt is listed with the latter. I wonder if she lives in or near the area.

Sorry if some of the scans aren't too clear. The book uses gray (instead of white) text with many of its dark page backgrounds, & the scanner settings could not offset them.

Sidetracking: I received a forwarded link with the following tweet "smthing about stevie W&WG's MV? but i'm not sure" (cr: Mschocomandoo @ twitter)

Any insights since you understand Hangul?

http://bbs1.telzone....ticleId=3636590

- - - - - - - -

Harbin fanpics.

741b36134c82aeadc2ce791.jpg

919a414dc190f39bd0c86a1.jpg

Cr: 小sohee @ Baidu

- - - - - - - - - -

LiaoningTV fancams (live rehearsals)

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/4PA8wIF-01o/

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Q_EeSpEvF1o/

Guest wonderr23

Sidetracking: I received a forwarded link with the following tweet "smthing about stevie W&WG's MV? but i'm not sure" (cr: Mschocomandoo @ twitter)

Any insights since you understand Hangul?

http://bbs1.telzone....ticleId=3636590

daum bulletin posts change constantly like within every hour or so...the link you gave me directed me to a random post. Nothing WG related. XD I'm still looking for the post you're talkin about...

-----

OMG!!! I just saw the post! There are rumours that Stevie Wonder might appear on Wondergirls' video of some sort!! Maybe a special guest. I'm not sure since the post said they had to ask this person!

http://twitter.com/wadism <<<<<< THIS we must follow!! He could be an insider of some sort!! K-wonderfuls are already asking him questions about WG!!

^

Really? This is a major scoop!

- - - - - - - - -

WG apparently finished 5th on MTV Korea's 2010 K-pop Top 50 charts. (I think it is a MV chart.)

It was re-televised on MTV Taiwan this week & a Taiwanese WF compiled the list.

Unfortunately, the TV repeats were on the same day & I am not sure if the shows will be aired again.

Yet to see reloaded clips on international or Chinese video portals, while Korean sources only have some promo clips.

Translated in parts from the Chinese text:

MTV Taiwan aired 1/24 (Part 1)

50. 레인보우 (Rainbow) - 에이(A)

49. 더블에스오공일 (SS501) - Love ya

48. 거미 (Gummy) - 남자라서 (因為是男人)

47. 애프터스쿨 (After School) - 뱅! (Bang!)

46. 시크릿 (Secret) - 매직(Magic)

45. 현아 (HyunA) - 체인지 (Change)

44. 임정희(Lim JeongHee) - 진짜일 리 없어 (無法成真)

43. 2AM - 미친 듯이 (像瘋了一樣)

42. 손담비 (Son Dambi) - Queen

41. 비스트 (Beast) - 숨(Breath)

MTV Taiwan aired 1/25 (Part 2)

40. 다비치 (Davichi) - 시간아 멈춰라 (時間停止吧)

39. 슈프림팀 (Supreme Team) - 땡땡땡 (Dang Dang Dang)

38. FT아일랜드 (FT Island) - 사랑사랑사랑 (Love Love Love)

37. 태양 (BigBang) - I'll Be There

36. 옴므 (Homme) - 밥만 잘 먹더라 (只要好好吃飯)

35. 정엽 (Jung Yeop) - Without You

34. 슈퍼 주니어 (Super Junior) - 미인아 (Bonamana)

33. 휘성 (Wheesung) - 결혼까지 생각했어 (I Even Thought of Marriage )

32. TOP (BigBang) - Turn It Up

31. DJ DOC - 나 이런 사람이야

MTV Taiwan aired 1/26 (Part 3)

30. 이적(Lee Jeok) - 그대랑 (With You)

29. MBLAQ - Y

28. 2NE1 - 박수쳐 (拍手吧)

27. 세븐 (Se7en) - Better Together

26. 나르샤 (Narsha) - 삐리빠빠

25. 싸이 (PSY) - Right Now

24. 애프터스쿨 (After School) - 너 때문에 (Because of You)

23. 카라 (KARA) - Lupin

22. 보아 (BOA) - Hurricane Venus

21. 포미닛 (4 Minute) - Huh

MTV Taiwan aired 1/27 (Part 4)

20. 샤이니 (Shinee) - Lucifer

19. 소녀시대 (Girls’ Generation) - Run Devil Run

18. 이효리 (Lee Hyori) - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

17. 에픽 하이 (Epik High) - Run

16. f(x) - NU 예삐오

15. 소녀시대 (Girls’ Generation) - Hoot

14. 2PM - I'll Be Back

13. 가인 (Ga-in) - 돌이킬 수 없는 (無法挽回)

12. 2NE1 - Can't Nobody

11. 비스트 (Beast) - 충격 (Shock)

MTV Taiwan aired 1/28 (Part 5)

10. 비 (Rain) - 널 붙잡을 노래 (Love Song)

9. 티아라 (T-ara) - 너 때문에 미쳐 (因為你而瘋狂)

8. miss A - Bad Girl Good Girl

7. 2AM - 죽어도 못 보내 (死也不能放開你)

6. 씨엔블루 (CNBlue) - 외톨이야 (孤獨的人)

5. 원더걸스 (Wonder Girls) - 2 Different Tears

4. 태양 (Big Bang) - I Need A Girl

3. 2NE1 - Go Away

2. 2PM - Without U

1. 소녀시대 (Girls’ Generation) - Oh!

Cr: SUN_FISH @ WGTW

WG's Special Edition Album is 4th in sales in Hong Kong HMV chain's 2010 Asian Pop Top 10 chart.

They are also the only non-Chinese artist on the list.

2pov3uw.jpg

Cr: HMV Music & Movie Guide

Guest wonderr23

Twitter updates from Hyerim and Sunye.

2v0irn7.jpg

21n4iv7.jpg

nice pink guitar!

As for Sunye's tweet...there's tons of it actually. I just capped the one that i think is the best.

11vti7s.jpg

Quite a number of incidental (even random) WG-related articles in the Korean & Chinese press again.

Most of them touched on Internet-conversation topics, eg. the graduation photos re-posted yesterday, but nothing really interesting to share.

FYI One ongoing news tangent on the Chinese side is the Chinese New Year shows' appearance fees.

No figures were mentioned all this while, although a few details started to emerge yesterday.

But the general consensus is that the CNY shows are not paying as much as for the NYE (New Year's Eve) shows. WG's RMB 1.6 million (from JiangsuTV) from the earlier performance was among the sums mentioned as reference.

I translated this article, though.

The original was done by a Chinese fansite (i.e. rather biased) but was re-published by an entertainment website, hence my decision.

So let's keep it lighthearted. Not meant to start any fan wars here. (The author proffered a weak snub at SNSD anyway IMO.)

Besides, who can resist the praise for WG & their hoobaes when they are offered like that? :P

enjoyeastdaycome2011012.jpg

Source: http://enjoy.eastday...u1a5695909.html

HOT disbanded, TVXQ separated, SM is no match for JYP's momentum

Eastday 2011-01-27 20:36

Original article: ifensi.com Picked by: Wang Lin

HOT disbanded. Shinhwa switched companies. TVXQ's Hero, Xiah & Micky fled. Super Junior's Hangeng quit.... The dynastic idol groups which had helped SM dominate the entertainment industry for a glorious decade are gone forever, & it is due to JYP's momentum & usurpation. JYP's own idol groups 2PM. 2AM, missA & WONDERGIRLS are branching out auspiciously. It appears SM's era is over. They are no longer the trend, with only SNSD, SHINee & f(x) left to keep up appearances.

WONDERGIRLS

[2009] MTV Most Stylish Asian Artiste Of The Year. '2 Different Tears' winning Mnet M!Countdown. A famous US entertainment magazine calling them 'Korea's queens' because of 'Nobody'. Becoming the first Asian artist in 30 years to hit the magazine's chart... Under JYP's guidance, WONDERGIRLS has infinite possibilities, winning countless awards & is laying the foundation to defeat SM for good.

2AM

2AM made great records like 'This Song', 'Graduation' & 'Time For Confession'. In particular, group leader Jo Kwon always steals the show. All the world knows about the 'Adam Couple' Jo Kwon & Ga In. Together again in 'All My Love', they are sure to be greatly received.

2PM

Korean music chart topper. Most Popular Asian Artist in China at CCTV-MTV Mandarin Music Honors. Picked up Most Influential Stars & Daum Search Hot Star prizes at the 2010 Mnet 20's Choice... Among them, Nichkhun, Taecyeon & Wooyoung caught the eye.

missA

On July 1 2010, missA formally debuted 'Bad Girl Good Girl' on Mnet M!Countdown. MBC+ Star Award winner at Melon Music Awards. Music portal Soribada's Best Female Newcomer. Kpop website Allkpop's NBest Newcomer 2010. Bonsang prize at 20th Seoul Music Awards. Unlimited potential.

HOT

This is more of a tribute to HOT. They were legends. Their achievements were unmatched by later successors. Shinhwa could not do it. Ditto TVXQ. What can SM do now? That is the problem.

Shinhwa

From their 1998 debut till now, they are Korea's longest lasting boyband. Shinhwa was SM's 3rd idol group to be launched, 2 years after HOT. They were unique for their rapping & dancing.

TVXQ

Formally debuting in 2004, U-Know Yunho, Choikang Changmin, Hero Jaejoong, Micky Yoochun & Xiah Junsu were a boyband quintet. They remain the most popular idol group today, setting records that have yet to be broken by rivals. Possesses good looks & outstanding singing-dancing skills. The departures of Hero, Micky & Xiah were a devastating blow.

SUPERJUNIOR

'Sorry Sorry' topped Taiwan's JKpop chart for a record 37 weeks. It was the most favorite Kpop song by American voters. The album was also Korea's top bestseller for 2009. They released their 4th album 'Bonamana' in 2010, selling 200,000 within 8 days & would rank 7th in sales volume around the world. Yet Hangeng's popularity has soared instead of fading since he fled to become a solo artiste.

SNSD

SNSD is wholly competent as TV host, DJ, acting, brand endorsement & other jobs. Since their debut, they had greatly transformed the girlgroup [model] in Kpop music. The concern is one or several group members becoming too popular, in which case disbandment may be on the line.

SHINee

SHINee produces their own unique pop music for the masses. They have a 'contemporary band' image in the dancing & fashion spheres as well.

f(x)

f(x) is like their symbol: the 'x' value yielding different results & functions for the multi-talented members of this outstanding girlgroup. Besides, the 'f' also means 'flower'. They had debuted in August 2009 with the 'LA chA TA' digital single.

^

Yeah, now that you mentioned it. I browsed further: the English site is very arbitrary & incomplete.

Can't find entries for missA or San E either. Whereas 2AM & 2PM each only has a couple of a songs featured. JYP's were even from the 1990s.

- - - - - - - - -

Just read that LiaoningTV has announced 'countdown' BTS segments for their Feb 1 CNY show.

The shorts (should be 3-10 minutes each for these type of shows) will start from 6am on the day & slated to run periodically throughout the day.

I checked for last year's LiaoningTV clips; they typically consist of 'stalking' scenes: airport arrival, rehearsal, recording, fan interviews, etc.

If the reporter can get the star to appear on-camera, there may be scenes of gift presentation, quick interview, food tasting, video message, etc.

10-minute segment with Russian singer VITAS from last year as an example: http://v.youku.com/v...UxOTM1NjIw.html

China WFs are anticipating WG may appear this year since they are one of the invited international performers (& did not otherwise do anything to help promote the CNY show).

- - - - - - - - -

LiaoningTV recording.

6935789836037277562.jpg

Source: http://news.timedg.c...ent_1326036.htm

- - - - - - - - - -

LiaoningTV CNY TV promos (WG in split-second cameos):

Clip 1 (50s): http://www.qiyi.com/zongyi/20110127/f4754ef07278eceb.html

Clip 2 (50s): http://www.qiyi.com/zongyi/20110127/94b9e936896a9e0b.html

Clip 3 (40s): http://www.qiyi.com/zongyi/20110127/988f0532be8c92f7.html

Guest wonderr23

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5526/12911563.jpg http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4919/66065184.jpg

^cracked me up!! I want that application too!! I wonder how about the other members' age range? :wub:

----

The Last Godfather is set to premiere in the US in April according to CJ Entertainment on Wednesday. The movie's US distributor is Roadside Attractions LLC, the subsidiary of Lionsgate Co. It will be released on 12 major cities in the US and Canada including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Toronto and Vancouver on April 1. I wonder why the late release? I remember seeing an article that the movie will be released on February. Maybe it has something to do with WG releasing their album a month earlier?

Weekly Singles Chart [Gaon]

2wokup0.jpg

------

shared?

K-Will performing Wondergirls Nobody R&B style on Starry Night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO-YXCTjySg

i saw this floating around paran. I think he did a pretty good job at adding his own color to the song. He also altered the lyrics a little bit. Worth the watch folks. ;)

Guest wonderr23

^

^

Her tweets XD

52zix.jpg

-----

Jordin Sparks just tweeted something interesting!! She knows WG's song You're out!!!

6sujqb.jpg

----

Yubin twitter update

mc3lfo.jpg

Archived