Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wonderr23

Re: "He knows that 'someone' who is working with WG right now."

This wasn't alluded to by you previously. Or was this gleaned from dcinside? It puts a different perspective.

The rest of the twitter conversation wasn't that problematic. I picked up the gist using Google Translate Chinese.

oh ok. that must've been confusing. Some people at Naver and Daum actually thinks this person is involved with the shooting itself! Some say he knows 'someone' which i think is more applicable since given he's in Korea right now and not with the management physically in LA. I also looked thru his twitter updates. He's not updating about WG anymore. Someone must've warned him about that. -_-

------------------

Hallyu stars fuel Seoul City’s website boom

2011-01-31 17:41

More than 50 million people worldwide visited Seoul City’s international promotion websites last year, with hallyu entertainers the major reason for the boom.

According to the Seoul Metropolitan Government, the number of visitors to nine of its websites run in Japanese, English and Chinese marked 5,057,465 last year, about 15 times that of its official Korean site (www.seoul.go.kr).

The lion’s share went to Chinese with 28 million visiting the video streaming site (shouer.youku.com).

More than 68.8 million people have visited the site since June 2008, when the city government first opened it on Xina.com, one of China’s largest portal sites. The most popular content was the city’s tourism promotion video clip starring pop group Wonder Girls, marking 1.3 million page views.

About 1.2 million English users visited youtube.com/seouldreamseries and the most popular item was the online B-boy battle clip, drawing 617,037 clicks.

More than 120,000 Japanese users visited three sites ― blogs.yahoo.co.jp/hi_seoul_travel, seoul.blogs.yahoo.co.jp and youtube.com/hiseoul ― which were established in May. Actor Lee Byung-hun’s TV advertisement drew the most attention.

The city administration’s marketing department selected China and Japan as the “core” regions for promotion, Southeast Asian countries as a “focused” region, as well as the U.S., the U.K., Germany, Australia and others as “with potential” regions. But with the overseas marketing budget cut down to 990 million won ($88,390) this year from 2.5 billion won last year, events and promotions will be downsized, officials said.

“Since much of the content is softer than that uploaded on official sites, people like it and become easily attached. The cutback of the budget is a challenge but we will manage,” Kang Young-gyu, head of the marketing department, said.

By Bae Ji-sook (baejisook@heraldm.com)

Source: http://www.koreaherald.com/national/Detail.jsp?newsMLId=20110131000803

1stly, I misidentified a streaming source yesterday. Should be Netease, not QQ.

Here is another LiaoningTV CNY countdown segment from this morning. Looks like Pikeyenny missed recording it.

This one is 9 minutes, including a sit-down interview with WG.

The girls also learned a Liaoning dance, which tallies with the TV eyewitness over at Baidu.

Wonder Girls interview_2011辽视春晚

http://v.youku.com/v...QxMDE1MjA4.html

- - - - - - - - - -

Congrats to Sunye on her chart success!

'Maybe' on Soribaba is getting good press coverage too.

http://momonews.com/sub_read.html?uid=19206&section=section25

oh  ok. that must've been confusing. Some people at Naver and Daum actually  thinks this person is involved with the shooting itself! Some say he  knows 'someone' which i think is more applicable since given he's in Korea right now and not with the management physically in LA. I also  looked thru his twitter updates. He's not updating about WG anymore.  Someone must've warned him about that.  -_-

Actually, I was hoping you would expand on your speculative MV filming time period, cuz I have some ideas myself.

Whenever a new itinerary (confirmed or not) gets mentioned, my immediate reaction is to 'map out' which part of the world WG will be in.

It also indicates JYP was exploring options for that calendar period.

So the Bangkok concert implies WG will be in Asia in mid-March.

Seems too far to fly over just for a one-off appearance, though.

Yet it's likely too preemptive to fit in any comeback plans in Korea as well.

You suggested WG will fly to LA for some MV filming soon, rather than that it is already completed.

Sure, no problem accepting this at face value.

The NY Fashion Week is on Feb 10~17 this year. (Feb 9 is opening night.) http://www.mbfashionweek.com/schedule

I think WG may be able to finish album recordings by then, & may hook up with the fashion designers again for modeling jobs.

That is, if they don't immediately fly out to LA (or wherever) instead.

BTW The designers whom WG had worked with are spreading out their presentations over different days this time:

Vivienne Tam's is on 2/12, Tory Burch's 2/13, Y3's 2/13, Milly's 2/16, Anna Sui's 2/16.

Famous Korean designer Son Jung Wan, who has featured Hallyu & Kpop stars before, also has a show on 2/17.

Guest One-Week-Wonders

Hey guys,

If anybody's interested, check out our funny remake of the Wonder Girls' Nobody MV!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xK_Dxt7aicM

Basically we performed the Nobody dance in public areas around Sydney :)

We already posted this in the Australia forum, but wanted to let the rest of the world know about it as well! (I hope this isn't considered to be spam)

WonderGirls HWAITING!:wub:

Guest wonderr23

^

i think you guys added me on YT. XD The parody was awesome! More power to Australian WFs!!!

----------------

There is too much they can do in the span of 27 days. Like you said they could finish recording and then attend Fashion week for promotions. But they could also be keeping something under wraps(like maybe an international release for chinese and korean fans?). I'm also speculating maybe after Fashion Week they can continue with their MV shooting somewhere in US(if not in LA). My reference to this is their management based in LA. There is just no logical reason for them to do an MV shoot somewhere when all the people they are working with now are the Jo Bros management. IMO just somewhere in US and maybe mid-Feb if they're not pre-occupied with something. And IF they managed to finish the recordings(which am most hoping for). I'm also taking your previous post about a late April release in consideration. It could be possible you know. :(

---------------

BTW i totally forgot about the US reality program that JY said is going to be shown in the US. Are they still going to show that?

It's just past midnight here, so happy Chinese New Year to all WFs!

Special greetings to all Koreans ('Seolnal'), Vietnamese ('Tet'), Tibetan ('Losar'), Mongolian ('Tsagaan Sar') & Japanese ('Oshogatsu') who also celebrate the Lunar New Year.

Made a CNY e-card.....

abo4ty.gif

Animated version (couldn't keep the original size).

2ush7rk.gif

PS. Taking the next few days off to enjoy the festivities.

I wanna ask question to wonderfuls who have been supporting the girls since 2007 is true that our girls won 12 times in music bank with tell me ?!!

^ No, that's not true. The current longest K-chart #1 is SNSD Gee for 9 weeks (?)

I think Tell Me won like 5?

then why some wonderfuls in allkpop are saying that they won 12 times with tell me but did not dominate kchart for 12 weeks in raw like gee ,they were saying gee was #1 for 9weeks in raw but tell me is the song that won the most trophies

^ idk, if i'm not wrong Tell Me just won 7 times for K-Chart.

-----------

Sistar dance TELL ME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1PCO3mK46Q&feature=youtu.be

cr. UnknownCarrot170@YT

------------

Heechul danced 2DT at Young Street again

110202 Young Street Heechul 2 Different Tears

cr. milkcine@YT

------------

there's a flash video the old man in the mountain calling Sunye

http://bbs1.telzone.daum.net/gaia/do/board/photo/read?articleId=429930&bbsId=A000010&pageIndex=1

Guest onedaymaniac

this make me :tears:

Old Man contacted Sunye of Wondergirls

cr:liz

and Sunye updated her mindot diary.

credit: mindot, MSY taiwan facebook.

This is the translation from Chinese translation that was made by MSY taiwan facebook.

Happy New Year. Long time no see, mindot family. i am doing really well in NY. Its the same as in korea, very cold. But at least i can enjoy the snowfall, and it made me feel good.

It seems like we are often abroad during festive holdiays. Although its a pity, but we are grateful for our dinner lady who helped us prepare alot of food.

Its already 2011! ohwoowaaaah

Theres things to look forward to this year, make me very excited.

We must all start off the new year on a bright and energetic note.

We are now diligently and happily getting ready for our new album, so pleas wait a while more!

New year food made me want to drool... remember to eat more ok! i hope mindot family will be full of love, and that we can all have time to experience new things. i will pray for our mindot family. blessings ^^

cr:kenshin

Guest valentino_rossi46

WGyubin Yubin Kim

I saw this cute cat at the photo shoot~ very friendly cat!! And this cat knows how to be cute!! http://plixi.com/p/74542701

28 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

At the photoshoot???

They are taking photo for the album ???

Ntw, today quite many WGs related :)< Sistar did Tell Me, Park Tae Hwan talked about his old scandal ( I think Sun Ye is the ONE he still keep contact):D, Old man call Sun Ye, Hee Chul danced 2DT

Park Tae Hwan doesn’t remember his ’scandals’ with Sunye, Kim Yuna, & Dana

On February 2nd, ‘Marine Boy’ Park Tae Hwan discussed his love life while guesting on MBC’s “Knee-Drop Guru“.

The episode aired was recorded two months ago, but it only broadcasted on the 2nd. Knowing that the Olympic swimmer would make an appearance, netizens were curious to see how he’d handle the rumored love lines between himself and Wonder Girls’ Sunye, Kim Yuna, and CSJH’s Dana.

MC Kang Ho Dong made an effort to address those rumors, “Between the girl that sang ‘Nobody,’ the girl from SM Entertainment, and the ‘winter girl,’ which one looked like a woman to you?”

Park cut off the possibility of any further scandals by directly replying, “I don’t remember.”

Reeling from the response, Kang Ho Dong immediately retorted, “The fact that you don’t remember just means that [the scandals] was especially severe,” which led Park to explain, “I do keep in contact with one of them, but they’re all very busy so we don’t have time to meet.”

Park’s main concern on the show was that he wanted a girlfriend. “When I get a girlfriend, I want to go watch movies with her. My sister played the role of my girlfriend every day, and I’m tired of it now.”

He was then urged to create a video message for his future girlfriend, and even revealed his ideal woman to be a woman older than him with a height of 168 cm.

Archived