Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Guest kdramafanusa

On the 24th, AGB Nielsen Media Research released the results of a survey of the 20 highest-ranking TV programs by episode after 2000.

HIGHEST RATED TV DRAMA BY EPISODE (since 2000)

RANK / DRAMA / NETWORK / AIRDATE / RATING / CAST & CREW

1. Huh Joon <허준> (MBC) [2000.04.25] - 64.8%

PD: Lee Byung-hoon

SCRIPT: Choi Wan-kyu

CAST: Jun Kwang-ryul, Lee Soon-jae, Kim Bong-se, Hwang Soo-jung, Hong Choong-min, Jo Kyung-hwan, Jung Wook

2. Taejo Wan Geon / Emperor Wang Gun <태조왕건> (KBS1) [2001.05.20] - 60.5%

PD: Kim Jong-sun

SCRIPT: Lee Wan-kyung

CAST: Choi Soo-jong, Kim Young-chul, Kim Hyeo-ri, Suh In-suk

3. Dae Jang Geum <대장금> / Jewel In The Palace (E) (MBC) [2004.03.23] - 57.8%

PD: Lee Byung-hoon

SCRIPT: Kim Young-hyun

CAST: Lee Young-ae, Ji Jin-hee, Hong Li-na, Im Ho, Yang Mi-kyung, Kyun Mi-ri

4. Lovers In Paris <파리의 연인> / Lovers In Paris (E) (SBS) [2004.08.15] - 57.4%

PD: Shim Woo-chul, Son Jung-hyun

SCRIPT: Kim Eun-sook, Kang Eun-jung

CAST: Park Shin-yang, Kim Jung-eun, Lee Dong-gun, Na Han-il

5. Jin Shil / Truth <진실> (MBC) [2000.02.24] -- 57.1%

PD: Jang Do-ik

SCRIPT: Kim In-young

CAST: Choi Ji-woo, Park Sun-young, Ryu Shi-won, Son Ji-chang

6. Rustic Period <야인시대> / The Wild Days (E) (SBS) [2002.12.09] - 51.8%

PD: Lee Hyung-il

SCRIPT: Lee Hwan-kyung

CAST: Ahn Jae-mo, Lee Chang-hoon, Kim Young-chul, Jo Sang-gu

7. Ladies Of The Palace <여인천하> (SBS) [2001.11.13] - 49.9%

PD: Kim Jae-hyung

SCRIPT: Yoo Dong-yoon

CAST: Kang Soo-yeon, Jung In-hwa, Park Sang-min

8. Jumong <주몽> / Prince Of The Legend (E) (MBC) [2007.03.06] - 49.7%

PD: Lee Joo-hwan, Kim Keun-hong

SCRIPT: Choi Wan-kyu, Jung Hyung-soo

CAST: Song Il-kook, Han Hye-jin, Kim Seung-soo, Jun Kwang-ryul

9. My Name Is Kim Sam Soon <내이름은 김삼순> / My Lovely Sam-Soon (E) (MBC) [2005.07.21] - 49.4%

PD: Kim Yoon-chul

SCRIPT: Kim Do-woo

CAST: Kim Sun-ah, Hyun Bin, Jung Ryeo-won, Daniel Henney

10. All In <올인> / All In (E) (SBS) [2003.04.03] - 47.7%

PD: Yoo Chul-yong

SCRIPT: Choi Wan-kyu

CAST: Lee Byung-hun, Song Hye-kyo, Ji Sung, Park Sol-mi, Hur Joon-ho

17. I Hate You But It's Fine <미우나고우나> / Likable Or Not (E) (KBS1) [2008.04.22] - 43.9%

Source: Starnews 04/24 16:01 (Top 10 List), Yonhap 2008-04-24 17:28

April 27, 2008 

7 Hurt in G.I. Joe Crash in Prague
Posted by Allan Ford

Seven people injured on the set of “G.I. Joe” on Saturday. A collision between a bus and several cars occurred in the center of Prague, police and emergency services said.

Video seen on the private Nova television channel showed the bus, and then other vehicles, being hit by an all-wheel-drive vehicle that appeared to have braking problems.

“It happened in a closed area that was rented out to the filmmakers for the weekend,” said Prague police spokeswoman Eva Brozova.

Jirina Ernestova, spokeswoman for the emergency services, said the injured were treated in hospitals in the Czech capital.

“According to my information, there were only slight injuries,” said David Minowski from the local production house Stilling Films.

Directed by Stephen Sommers, “G.I.Joe” — starring Channing Tatum, Dennis Quaid and Sienna Miller — is a live-action feature based on the eponymous action figure that is due out in August 2009.

In April 2002, a stuntman from the United States was killed in Prague during the filming of the Rob Cohen action film “Triple X”

There's no mention of BH but for more pics, please refer link below 

http://www.filmofilia.com/2008/04/27/7-hur...rash-in-prague/

Guest IUPHIMHAN

I just found this article, it's glad to know that Lee Byung-hun ( upcoming in Paramount's "G.I. Joe") at 49. :

Kim named most powerful in Korea

Written by Han Sunhee

Tuesday, 22 April 2008

SEOUL---CJ Entertainment prexy Kim Joo-sung has been named as the most influential figure in the Korean film industry for the first time.

Kim topped the 13th annual "Power 50" list published in the recent edition of film weekly magazine Cine21, which is voted for by 85 leading film industry personalities and observers. Previously in second place, he swaps places with Tcha Seung-jai of Sidus.

CJ Entertainment headed by Kim is taking the most critical role as the key investor and distributor in industry that is struggling this year. CJ Entertainment currently manages numerous biggest budget titles which will be released 2008, including "The Good, the Bad and the Weird", "Modern Boy" "The Divine Weapon" "Kang Chul-joong" and "Thirst".

Slipping to No.2 was producer Tcha Seung-jai of Sidus FNH, who previously topped in two consecutive years on the list. Unchanged in the ranks were Cinema Service founder and "Kang Chul-joong" helmer Kang Woo-suk was at No. 3, followed by Mediaplex CEO Kim Woo-taek at No.4; with helmer Bong Joon-ho at No. 5.

Rounding out the top 10 were MK Pictures producer Shim Jae-myung, Lotte Entertainment CEO Kim Kwang-seop, actor Song Kang-ho ("The Host"), helmer Park Chan-wook and Yoo In-chon, the former actor and newly inaugurated Minister of culture, sports and tourism as the first time entry at No.10

Among the actors and actresses on the list, Cannes winner Jeon Do-yeon was ranked at 17, Jang Dong-geun (upcoming in "Laundry Warrior") at 23, Lee Byung-hun ( upcoming in Paramount's "G.I. Joe") at 49. Korean Wave superstar Rain (a.k.a. Jeong Ji-hoon, "I'm a Cyborg, but that's O.K." "Speed Racer" ) also entered the list for the first time at 36.

Helmers included Kim Ji-woon("The Good, the Bad and the Weird") at No.12, Lee Joon-ik ("Sunny") at No.14, Choi Dong-hoon ("Tazza") at 29.

Source: http://www.varietyasiaonline.com/content/view/5953/1/

^ Thanks IUPHIMHAN for the news sharing as well as the latest Cannes highlight at the News thread, really appreciate it.

We're happy that BH is back in the Cine21 Power 50 list as well. :D

-----

April 26, 2006

5 Korean films invited to the Cannes including "The Good, the Bad, and the Weird", "The Chaser" and "Tokyo!"

cannes61.jpg

This year, Korean genre films of a new aesthetic achievements were invited to the 61st Cannes Festival. Films invited last year to the competition section, Lee Chang-dong's "Secret Sunshine" and Kim Ki-duk's "Breath", displayed what Korea's auteuristic films are really about. This year, films like "The Good, the Bad, and the Weird" invited to the Out of Competition section and "The Chaser" which is to be screened for Midnight Screenings, will vividly reveal the level Korean genre films have reached so far. "The Housemaid" by director Kim Ki-young to be shown at the Classic section is another masterpiece marking the height of thrillers On the other hand, director Bong Joon-ho who swept the world's movie scene with "The Host" is preparing to disclose his new sensuality with "Tokyo!" invited to the Un Certain Regard section. "Tokyo!" is an omnibus film co-directed by Michel Gondry and Leos Carax, and in "Shaking Tokyo" segment, Bong pictures the lonely inner side of human beings through the scenery of a megacity named Tokyo.

"The Chaser" directed by Na Hong-jin was appraised in Korea last year as 'discovery of Korean films'. Na debuted with this film but unlike a novice directing feature film for the first time he handled the traditions of thrillers very well, receiving favorable responses that the film skillfully showed the barren inner side of our society. "The Chaser" was a great success in Korea. Director Kim Jee-woon who has continued on with the genre experiments has turned his eyes to action genre this time. Shifting the arena of experiment from comedy ("The Foul King"), horror ("A Tale of Two Sisters") to noir ("A Bittersweet Life"), he has been reinterpreting the rules of genres in his own way. Expectations are high as to how he will revive the so-called 'Manchurian Western', which was popular with Korean films back in 1960s and 70s, in "The Good, the Bad, and the Weird". Also the film is catching the attention of many since Korea's top actors, Lee Byung-hun, Song Kang-ho and Jung Woo-sung will be starring in it.

Meanwhile "The Housemaid" invited to the Classic section is an interesting piece in a sense that it shows the climax of imagination on genre in Korean film history. It is one of the most important works done by director Kim Ki-young, an eccentric figure in Korean film history, someone with extremely extraordinary imagination. "The Housemaid" to be showed during this event was digitally restored by the Korean Film Archive with sponsors from World Cinema Foundation lead by Martin Scorsese. Lastly, short animation "STOP" has also made it to the Cannes, for the Cinefondation section.

Source: www.koreanfilm.or.kr

Guest kdramafanusa

Good to see that the screenwriter for IRIS has had written some of the highly rated series before... Heo Joon is simply awesome! Hope the magic of All In with LBH joining him in IRIS will capture and captivate the audience again. When he co-wrote Jumong.. almost all (except for the 2 leads, BH & JS) male actors of All In appeared in the historical drama. :D

This screenwriter is a bit inconsistent, his recent big productions such as Lobbyist & Air City weren't well received.

But when he gets it right, it's a massive hit! All 3 lead stars of the above series (Huh Joon, Jumong, All In) won Grand Prize at their individual network's year-end award shows.

April 27, 2008

Korean Films to See at Cannes

By Lee Hyo-won

Staff Reporter

080427_p16_korean.jpg

1. “The Good, the Bad, the Weird” by Kim Ji-woon.

2. “The Chaser” by Na Hong-jin.

3. “Stop” by Park Jae-wook.

4. “The Housemaid” (1960) by Kim Ki-young. / Courtesy of Korean Film Council

The world's premier film event, Festival de Cannes, will open for the 61st time May 14-25 in the southern French port city. While there are no Korean entrees this year in the main competition section, five films ― including the world premiere of the anticipated blockbuster "The Good, the Bad, the Weird" ― will shine in other sections of the festival.

"The Good, the Bad, the Weird," directed by Kim Ji-woon, will be shown in the Out of Competition section. This "oriental Western'' features exciting horseback races and train rides in vast Mongolian plains.

It stars three of the hottest Korean actors ― hallyu star Lee Byung-hun (TV soap "All In"), heartbreaker Jung Woo-sung ("Daisy") and bona fide actor Song Kang-ho ("Secret Sunshine").

The film will receive its own gala event, complete with a red carpet event. It is anticipated to be a big highlight along with the premiere of films like Woody Allen's "Vicky Christina Barcelona" and Steven Spielberg's "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."

Song will return to the red carpet after last year's feted "Secret Sunshine" while Lee comes back for the first time in three years since "Bittersweet Life." It will be a first for Jung.

Na Hong-jin's "The Chaser," is another movie that will be screened in the Out of Competition section. Directed by newcomer Na Hong-jin, the suspenseful serial murder story stars actor Ha Jung-woo, whom Martin Scorcese had once complimented as "having as much potential as Leonardo Dicaprio."

In the section Un Certain Regard, showcasing the latest notable works in world cinema, festival goers can see "Tokyo!" It's a joint project by Korea's director Bong Joon-ho ("The Host") and France's Michel Gondry ('Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind") and Leos Carax ("Boy Meets Girl").

Up and coming Korean talent can also be seen at Cannes. Park Jae-wook will compete in Cinefondation, the competition section for students. Park is a senior at the Korean Academy of Film Arts, and presents "Stop," a short animation film.

In Cannes Classics, the black and white 1960 piece "The Housemaid" by the late director Kim Ki-young, will be shown. This section shows restored classic movies from around the world. The 60s are often called the Golden Age of Korean film history, and Kim is one of the most representative artists of his time. Last year, "Bound by Chastity Rule" (1962) by Shin Sang-ok was shown in the section.

The big movie event is also expected to bring more attention to Korean cinema through the film market.

Last year, Korean actress Jeon Do-yeon stole the limelight at Cannes by winning Best Actress for "Secret Sunshine." In previous years, director Park Chan-wook's "Old Boy" won the 2004 Grand Prix while Im Kwon-taek was awarded Best Director for "Chihwaseon" in 2002.

Credits: hyowlee@koreatimes.co.kr

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2.../141_23212.html

This screenwriter is a bit inconsistent, his recent big productions such as Lobbyist & Air City weren't well received.

But when he gets it right, it's a massive hit! All 3 lead stars of the above series (Huh Joon, Jumong, All In) won Grand Prize at their individual network's year-end award shows.

Yupyup.. rather inconsistent :sweatingbullets: .. a well-known fact.. fortunately or unfortunately. Let's hope that BH will have his say to improve things if and when it's necessary but hopefully.. it doesn't have to come to that. The especially "nosy" actor in him is really going to make the PD quite wary.. LOL.. now with the co-producer's hat.. BH is definitely putting his everything into the project, better watch out. :P

Still.. who knows.. they'll click like old times and coming out with the best because they can! Fighting! :w00t:

^ aWw.w.. thanks Celina for highlighting the latest fan-made MV for GBW. You've been checking all the YouTube updates, huh! :lol:

Watching it.. can't wait for the movie.. the Cannes premiere.. the response... the Korean release.. everything! Finally, things are moving along for GBW. The Cannes coverage will be awesome, I love especially what KT had written.. the gala event, the red carpet. Korean movies have been very well-received and now are highly-anticipated in the prestigious filmfest.

Can't wait to see our 4 men .. the 4 musketeers! :lol: Like the article mentioned.. it'll be like a world premiere of course since no one has seen it yet. Unlike BSL in 2005, the movie had been released about a month before in Korea. This time around, for GBW.. it'll only be shown in Korea in July after Cannes.

BH is just .. so menacing.. so intimidating.. soooooooo BAD in the GBW clips. Can't wait to see him show his stuff!

Of course.. the upcoming magazine features too.. will be cool treats too HOT to handle! :w00t:

Guest TY_KSW

BH is just .. so menacing.. so intimidating.. soooooooo BAD in the GBW clips. Can't wait to see him show his stuff!

Of course.. the upcoming magazine features too.. will be cool treats too HOT to handle! :w00t:

lol.. why u use him menacing dear? i dun absorb it completely meaning.. may be my Eng is not wide enough or because of your excited mood dear :lol:

lol.. why u use him menacing dear? i dun absorb it completely meaning.. may be my Eng is not wide enough or because of your excited mood dear :lol:

:mellow:TY.. :huh: .. why not?

Doesn't he appear extremely dangerous with intention? :sweatingbullets:

LOL.. perhaps you're right.. rubie is always so excited when writing about Hunnie :blush: .. but it's the word that came to my mind when seeing the BAD.. in action. :P

Meaning of 'menace' from education.yahoo.com

A possible danger; a threat

The act of threatening.

Menacing from answers.yahoo.com

...making a show of intention to harm

...representing or posing a threat to

...acting in a threatening manner

...showing intention to inflict physical harm

Guest TY_KSW

:mellow:TY.. :huh: .. why not?

Doesn't he appear extremely dangerous with intention? :sweatingbullets:

LOL.. perhaps you're right.. rubie is always so excited when writing about Hunnie :blush: .. but it's the word that came to my mind when seeing the BAD.. in action. :P

Meaning of 'menace' from education.yahoo.com

A possible danger; a threat

The act of threatening.

Menacing from answers.yahoo.com

...making a show of intention to harm

...representing or posing a threat to

...acting in a threatening manner

...showing intention to inflict physical harm

thanks for word enlightening dear.. m clear.. hahha.. He is the BAD , actually bad !

:o OMGosh! My heart is beating so fast! Is BH also in Prague??!!! :o We have no idea about anything!

---

April 27, 2008

Posted by Allan Ford

Seven people injured on the set of “G.I. Joe” on Saturday. A collision between a bus and several cars occurred in the center of Prague, police and emergency services said.

Video seen on the private Nova television channel showed the bus, and then other vehicles, being hit by an all-wheel-drive vehicle that appeared to have braking problems.

“It happened in a closed area that was rented out to the filmmakers for the weekend,” said Prague police spokeswoman Eva Brozova.

Jirina Ernestova, spokeswoman for the emergency services, said the injured were treated in hospitals in the Czech capital.

“According to my information, there were only slight injuries,” said David Minowski from the local production house Stilling Films.

Directed by Stephen Sommers, “G.I.Joe” — starring Channing Tatum, Dennis Quaid and Sienna Miller — is a live-action feature based on the eponymous action figure that is due out in August 2009.

In April 2002, a stuntman from the United States was killed in Prague during the filming of the Rob Cohen action film “Triple X”

There's no mention of BH but for pics, please refer link below :sweatingbullets:

http://www.filmofilia.com/2008/04/27/7-hur...rash-in-prague/

Guest IUPHIMHAN

^ Thanks IUPHIMHAN for the news sharing as well as the latest Cannes highlight at the News thread, really appreciate it.

We're happy that BH is back in the Cine21 Power 50 list as well. :D

-----

You're welcome. By the way, I was amazed by the way you're following LHB, you even tracked down that he's in Praque :sweatingbullets:

Guest Janie Simply

Oh no, THE most wanted has fled to Prague :unsure: Quick, catch him if you can :sweatingbullets:

Thanks Celina for the split second treat :w00t: aish, too short :sweatingbullets: Makes me really really wanna watch the movie now B)

What? The film is 4-hour long :rolleyes: Too long :sweatingbullets: Just pray I won't get fidgeting during the show; will definitely SUPER-SIZED the popcorn at the cinema :blush:

Edit: Feeling guilty for concerned only for LBH :ph34r: Hope the casualties are o kay :sweatingbullets:

You're welcome. By the way, I was amazed by the way you're following LHB, you even tracked down that he's in Praque :sweatingbullets:

I WISHED :rolleyes: I was really tracking him wherever he goes. :lol:

It's the internet that helps.. a lot.. the only source I can rely on to "see and hear" about BH. :blush:

Oh no, THE most wanted has fled to Plague :unsure: Quick, catch him if you can :sweatingbullets:

Thanks Celina for the split second treat :w00t: aish, too short :sweatingbullets: Makes me really really wanna watch the movie now B)

What? The film is 4-hour long :rolleyes: Too long :sweatingbullets: Just pray I won't get fidgeting during the show; will definitely SUPER-SIZED the popcorn at the cinema :blush:

Yup.. have to agree that 4-hour straight would be too long but I would think that Dir. KJW would edit out some scenes to make the movie more presentable for the audience. He is known to actually leave out a lot of scenes from 'A Bittersweet Life' but still able to make the movie so awesome. It's better to have more stuff/scenes to choose from than to have nothing to grab on.. in case the editing goes wrong, etc.. huh.

Perhaps, it's the submisson clip to the selection committee that was 4 hours long but it'll be edited down for the actual Cannes screening. (Indiana Jones might be on the longer version, too).. As well as the one for the movie wide release in July. The rest of the movie might go to DVD or perhaps.. a GBW Christmas treat. :blush:

:o OMGosh! My heart is beating so fast! Is BH also in Prague??!!! :o We have no idea about anything!

---

April 27, 2008

Posted by Allan Ford

According to the Chinese media, BH is not in the casualty list... his is alright :)

Guest zoeve

Hot MV of The Bad from GBW :blush: :blush: :blush:

By lbhsaran

thanks for sharing the MV, celina! :) Loved it!

I really love LBH's bad boy look ~~ and i get to see lots of it in the MV... :blush:

According to the Chinese media, BH is not in the casualty list... his is alright :)

THAT'S A RELIEF! :w00t: Thanks ylin-hunnie.. let me hug our CNN-panda sooooooo tightly. :wub:

So.. BH is indeed in Prague for the shooting. All the while we thought he's still in LA and enjoying work.. he zooms somewhere else! :lol:

What a cool update, Hunnie safe & sound.. and there's no serious injury to those involved, too. Hope the filming will go on smoothly with no further mishap. :sweatingbullets: