Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Fox Remember GIF by Animation Domination High-Def

8 Korean Period Films To Watch Before Summer Is Over

Related excerpt from full article here (thank you to soompi writer)

5. “Memories of the Sword”

Spoiler

spacer.png

A tale of destiny, betrayal, and tragedy with a martial arts twist, “Memories of the Sword” will give you all the drama you’ve been craving. In the Goryeo Dynasty, three warriors rise up against their incompetent king — only for one, Deok Gi (Lee Byung Hun), to betray the others. Seol Rang (Jeon Do Yeon) escapes with an infant girl, who takes the name Seol Hee (Kim Go Eun). Seol Rang raises Seol Hee and trains her in swordsmanship so she can take revenge on Deok Gi — but when fate leads Seol Hee’s and Deok Gi’s paths to cross, Seol Hee learns a terrible truth about who her enemies really are. In the style of a martial arts epic, “Memories of the Sword” is a feast for the eyes when it comes to breathtaking, artfully crafted action scenes. These go hand in hand with tragic melodrama and ill-fated romance, all brought to life with stunning performances by top actors!

7. “Masquerade”

Spoiler

spacer.png

Lee Byung Hun stars in the dual role of Joseon’s King Gwanghae and a clown named Ha Sun in this famous sageuk. Paranoid that there is a plot to poison him afoot, Gwanghae orders his councilor to find a doppelgänger to take his place on the throne. But when lookalike Ha Sun turns out to be a better king than the king himself — with more care for his people and for those who serve him in the palace — what will happen when Gwanghae returns? “Masquerade” offers not only a dose of drama but also plenty of comedy, as Ha Sun’s introduction to the palace leads to hilarious fish-out-of-water antics. But the best part of this film by far is Lee Byung Hun’s fantastic portrayal of two diametrically opposite characters. “Masquerade” was so popular that it was even remade into a drama, “The Crowned Clown,” in 2019! 

• Like 5

August 12, 2021

Lee Byung Hun will be the first host of SNL  "Saturday Night Live" on September 4, 2021.

spacer.png

SNL Korea  Lee Byung Hun  will be the first host  on September 4th

He is undoubtedly Korea's representative actor who has undergone amazing transformations in each work.

Following his activities in Hollywood as well as in Korea, Actor  Lee Byung Hun recently proved his global status as a presenter at the closing ceremony of the Cannes Film Festival.   Then audience will look forward to seeing what kind of performance he will perform through 'SNL Korea'.

'SNL Korea' will start airing on September 4th.

It will be released every Saturday at 10 PM only through Coupang Play.

spacer.png

• Like 4

August 19, 2021.

Byunghun-ssi updated his Instagram to show the two coffee trucks received  for "Concrete Utopia"  

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2021-08-19_at_8.45.05_PM.png

His caption:

QR code...;;
Ain, I'll drink well...
#concrete utopia #concreteutopia

The second coffee truck is from Director Park Chan Wok

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

The banner on the coffee truck says:  Director Um Tae Hwa and actor Lee Byung Hun.  I wish everyone good health!  

• Like 4

20210826083342476-NWP3-DHB2.jpg

Photography : © Jesus Castro-Ortega

Here is an excerpt from a French article published on August 26 on KOREA.net… ITW by director Jesus Castro-Ortega who had the chance to meet Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun, Yim Si-wan, at the Cannes Film Festival

Director Jesus Castro lived the festival «from the inside» and participated in a memorable evening with the great Korean stars Song Kang-ho, Lee Byun-hung, Yim Si-wan, and director Han Jae-rim. I wanted him to present his career at KOREA.NET, to tell us about the 2021 festival and the exceptional events he experienced as a film professional.

You experienced the Cannes Film Festival from the inside and a memorable evening in the VIP Room tell us about this evening alongside the Korean «mega-stars», Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun, Yim Si-wan?

To be honest, I have no particular appetite for social events. But I never tire of finding myself in the midst of such prestigious personalities of Korean cinema! To tell the truth, I did not know that the place I had been given for this screening would be in the middle of the Korean delegation that came to present «Emergency Declaration». I owe this to the kindness of Song Kang-ho (whom I had interviewed a few days earlier) and Wonjo Jeong, who accompanied him during this festival. They both gave me this beautiful gift. As for Lee Byung-hun, I had the chance to see him for the first time in Seoul in 2010 during a preview of Kim Ji-woon’s film «I Saw the Devil», to which Bong Joon-ho had invited me. When I reminded the actor of this anecdote he smiled and said he was delighted to see me again for this new premiere! Lee Byung-hun is a crazy elegance and kindness, in addition to being a great actor. As for Song Kang-ho, who is now world famous (he was acclaimed for long minutes when he arrived in the hall of the Palais des Festivals), he never ceases to surprise me as he manages to remain the sympathetic man, affordable, charismatic and funny that I knew on the shooting of «Snowpiercer» then on that of my documentary on «Memories of Murder». It is always a pleasure to find him! The most surreal moment of the evening was, without a doubt, when I was embarked in the vehicles of the official delegation of the film, after the screening, to go to the private evening in the presence of the actors Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun, Yim Si-wan, and director Han Jae-rim… I appreciate the chance and the incredible privilege that this represents for someone like me, who is rather someone who navigates “under the radar” of the profession, in France anyway.

Jesus Castro-Ortega is a writer and director who has worked internationally on various documentary films for French television. His most notable works include the documentary “JSA, beyond the border” in which he interviews Park chang wook, “Snowpiercer: from the white page to the black screen”, the making-of videos of director Bong Joon-ho’s “Mother” and “Snowpiercer” and a documentary feature on “Memories of Murder”.

Full article in French:https://french.korea.net/NewsFocus/HonoraryReporters/view?articleId=202927&pageIndex=1&fbclid=IwAR3ZJpFPla8BeFhUT-9z3GB6rLikQ89c1Y0_mWjxzZfSnhuLfZiN7xNF868

Spoiler

20210826082958278-XMOCMPGC.jpg

Spoiler

20210826083404814-95-F07-QIE.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

August 27, 2021.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Source:   Instagram of nansy_oils

A staff member of  "Concrete Utopia" posted a photo of Lee Byung Hun and the autograph that she received from him.  She said "  The acting is over with just his eyes and voice. He is such a wonderful actor." 

• Like 4

September 3, 2021 

Screenshot-20210903-020646.jpg

LBH IG update: 

Actor Song Jin woo apparently sent LBH a wine apologising saying "I am sorry, Sunbaenim." Lol

He is well known among variety shows as someone who frequently (too often really!) does a mimicry of LBH's smile and dance from the Tokyo Dome ages ago. He was also in Mr. Sunshine playing a Japanese interpreter who got confused with Gwan soo and Il-shik and also the one who exposed the names of righteous armies. 

Anyway, LBH gave a witty and reminiscent reply on his caption using one of the famous lines from ABSL by Mr Kang saying, "You insulted me." Lol 

This was so funny yet very clever of LBH on delivering his message. I hope the guy would be a lot more careful now because honestly it has been so frequent like in every variety shows he appeared he would do it that it was starting to rub off on me the wrong way. This was from one of the moments he did. I hate to post it but we needed a context so... lol. 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

September 4, 2021

spacer.png

Actor Lee Byung Hun opened the door to the first broadcast of "SNL Korea." 

In today's broadcast (4th), Lee Byung-hun will imitate the characters in other works.  It impressed the audience and gave them unprecedented laughter.  (A translation)

Source:  IG of fh.yip

• Like 4

September 6, 2021

Lee Byung Hun offered  sumptious lunch boxes to the actors and staff at the SNL filming site!  They look yummy and mouth watering!!!!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Screenshot_2021-09-06_at_11.08.43_AM.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2021-09-06_at_11.08.18_AM.png

Source:    IG of OHOOTABLE

• Like 5

Here are some humorous videos circulating on You Tube of the show SNL Korea with Lee Byung-hun :lol:
No English subtitles but these sketches remain almost understandable even in Korean.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Parody of Mr Sunshine on SNL Korea. :Megalol:

Source : https://www.facebook.com/groups/244567902745910/permalink/1064684104067615/

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

September 11, 2011.

VIBLE's Acting Class with Lee Byung Hun 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Lee Byung Hun's acting class.

Some of his notable quotes:

• “Don’t waste your time on your shortcomings”⠀
  • “Ignore the conditions that I cannot change.”
  • He complained about his mouth, which he was teased for being a gorilla.
  • The secret to taking care of your mental health with a killer smile.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2021-09-10_at_11.59.21_PM.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Source: Instagram of  alatus_deus

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1