Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

@rubie, I am so happy to hear the production conf. went well, and to see all the lovely photos.     cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532

I'll post this article  first and catch up on the thread after that.

"Inside Men" Lee Byung-hun, Jo Seung-woo, Baek Yoon-sik

photo641829.jpg

Lee Byung-hun, Jo Seung-woo and Baek Yoon-sik's "Inside Men" is coming out next month and the premiere was held on the 8th.

From casting to the original web-toon, producer Woo Min-ho had an unusual confidence about him. He said, "This movie is of the actors, by the actors for the actors".

photo641830.jpg

"Inside Men" is written by "Moss" and "Misaeng" writer Yoon Tae-ho. The serial publishing of the original was stopped in less three months but Woo Min-ho completed it through this chance.

"Inside Men" is a criminal drama about the loyalty and betrayal of insiders who move the society. Through the politics of the Korean society, finance media and investigative departments, we look into the source of the corruption and irregularities of our society. One thing that the movie has unlike the web-toon is the character Woo Jang-hoon.

'The Fact' will help the understandings of the audience by looking into the characters of Ahn Sang-goo (Lee Byung-hun), Woo Jang-hoon (Jo Seung-woo) and Lee Kang-hee (Baek Yoon-sik).

photo641831.jpg

- The turning point of Lee Byung-hun's 25 year acting career; a gangster named Ahn Sang-goo

Lee Byung-hun usually played the gentle and king roles. The role he plays in "Inside Men" is something new.

Ahn Sang-goo, is a 'fox-like bear' political gangster. He was once a puppet to plutocrats and politicians along with his shadow of power Lee Kang-hee (Baek Yoon-sik). However, he loses everything in the end.

Lee Byung-hun's role of Ahn Sang-goo shows the various turns of one man's life from being a gangster to an entertainment company director and even a failure. Lee Byung-hun also uses the Jeolla district dialect which is a comical thing to watch.

photo641832.jpg

- Jo Seung-woo is back as Woo Jang-hoon

From a gambler from "The War Of Flower" to a fighter for national independence in "The Assassination", actor Jo Seung-woo plays Woo Jang-hoon.

This character didn't exist in the original web-toon but producer Woo Min-ho created him with Jo Seung-woo in mind. Jo Seung-woo was hesitant because the character was a non-existing one but he trusted the producer and decided to go along with it.

Woo Jeong-eun is always the best when it comes to performance but he became an investigator because he didn't want things in the way of his success for the reason that he didn't go to police academy. He gets the opportunity to shoot down a case of a secret fund with the elections coming up but he fails due to an unexpected incident. Ahn Sang-goo appears to his aid.

Lee Byung-hun said, "Jo Seung-woo was so good at acting that I was nervous and he's younger than me, but I still have a lot to learn".

- Baek Yoon-hee, editorial member Lee kang-hee

Baek Yoon-sik can be seen in movies and dramas. This time he is Lee Kang-hee, current editorial member and former political journalist.

Lee Kang-hee was once close with Ahn Sang-goo but when he finds out Ahn Sang-goo has a weakness of his, he stamps all over him. Ahn Sang-goo determines revenge and he knows it but he uses his network and media to side with power.

Lee Kang-hee in the original web-toon is weak and indecisive but Baek Yoon-sik added charisma to it.

photo641833.jpg

source

• Like 4

@irilight that's a great article on Insiders that explains a lot of the characters' background. Hope the plot will catch the audiences' attention. It's not an uncommon storyline in various Korean movies, moreover it's adapted from a popular webtoon. Truly hope everything will turn out better in the movie.

Thanks to the highlight at PlanetBH0712, here's a clip uploaded by KBS Scoop TV presumably from the production event yesterday. It shows the filming of the movie and interviews with the cast and crew. Looks pretty intense indeed.

Published on October 8, 2015 by TV특종 KBS

• Like 5

Sharing some tidbits user posted image

The movie 'Bungee Jumping of Their Own' was mentioned in Choi Ji Woo's drama on tvN last night (Twenty Again, episode 13). Last year, the movie was mentioned in the drama 'Angel Eyes'. (our update here)  Coincidentally or not, actor Lee Sang Yoon stars in both dramas. Bungee Jumping scenes/mention appeared in the childhood/flashback part.

twenty_bj1.jpg

bungeejumpingb.jpg

Captures credit: luvcounseling

• Like 4

“Insiders” press conference - translation of excerpts

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-11%20at%204.09.0

Grateful thanks @p.v. wong who posted the above video with Chinese subtitles: 

“Hello everyone, I am Lee Byung-hun, I played the character Ann Sang Gu, a political gangster.  In the movie,  I experienced the taste of both heaven and hell.” 

Q:     Why did you choose this movie?

LBH:  My standard of choosing a script  is very simple.  The script has to be attractive and interesting.  I found this script intriguing,  therefore I chose it. 

Q:     How did it feel to cooperate on this performance? 

JSW: When I was a kid, Lee Byung Hun is already a superstar in my mind.     Before I became an actor, I used to watch his drama “Tomorrow Love” on television with my family.  I still remember the first scene of the movie “Insiders” Lee Byung Hun stood in front of me in a conference room separated by a piece of glass.  I was so preoccupied with admiring his performance that I forgot my own lines.   In the past, I have always wanted the opportunity to work with  him.  After due consideration, I decided to accept this script.  I have also worked with Baek Yoon Sik “Sunbae” in the movie “Tazza, The High Rollers” and looked forward to cooperate with him again.  In addition, I was afraid if I missed this opportunity, I do not know when I would have the opportunity to collaborate with Lee Byung Hun.

LBH:  Jo Seung Wo’s attitude towards me is like an other brother.  He often gave me advice and patted me on the shoulder.  In the studio, it is hard to distinguish who is the elder brother and who is the younger brother  When I found out that Jo Seung Wo was cast in this movie, strangely I could not recall his previous works.  However, when shooting started, I discovered that he is an excellent actor.  Therefore, I had to pay extra attention.  Acting together with Jo Seung Wo made me extremely nervous and I felt I had to act well. 

Source:  Korea Star Daily 

Edited by peonie
  • Like 5

Thanks so much @peonie and @p.v.wong for the wonderful translated sharing. What a nice interview to read, glad to know that his co-star had a great time filming with him. The cast had worked so well in Insiders, hope this ensemble of talented actors (including the supporting cast) will get a lot of moviegoers watching the movie in November.

October 11, 2015

Japanese Broadcaster NHK Will No Longer Air Korean Dramas

Source: Soompi (writer: orionight)

t was reported on October 11 by the Japanese media that the Japanese Broadcasting Corporation (NHK) will no longer be airing Korean dramas.

According to the report, the network first started airing Korean dramas in April 2003 with “Winter Sonata.” However, after the drama “Empress Ki” finishes airing, NHK has decided to cease airing any further Korean dramas. One industry professional said of the limits of Korean dramas, “Japanese people are starting to feel that more recent dramas [coming to Japan] lack the passionate love that they remember from ‘Winter Sonata.’”

Another writer added, “Of course in Korea young actors are popular, but they don’t resonate much with the older fans in Japan.” She added that she didn’t think there were many idols or young actors who could successfully follow in the footsteps of the so-called “Four Gods of Hallyu,” Bae Yong Joon, Lee Byung Hun, Won Bin, and Jang Dong Gun.

Japanese broadcaster FujiTV has actually come under fire before for broadcasting too many Korean dramas. Hate speech is prevalent in Tokyo’s Korea Town neighborhood, and in general the growing atmosphere of anti-Korea sentiment has led to the downward trend of Korean media consumption in Japan.

Source (1)

• Like 2

Between GI Joe movies and Terminator: Genisys, playing Storm Shadow is much better than taking over the T-1000 role which was nothing but a profit-booster. At the very least #ByunghunLee will be the first actor playing the character #StormShadow and making it his own. He shouldn't have played the T-1000 but what's done is done.

October 7, 2015

Source: JoeBattlelines FB

Actor Lee Byung-hun brought the conflicted ninja Storm Shadow to life in the two live-action #gijoe movies. Was he a good fit for the role?

A lot of positive response at the comments' section

12029562_10153699628869749_8297284516071

• Like 4

There have been some previous updates in Korean, about the exceptionally high registration for the online game since it was opened on October 1. Not quite sure how to state the numbers correctly as Google translate is a little iffy when translating the actual amount in Korean to English -- could be misplacing the zeroes. :sweatingbullets: But one thing is certain, #IDEA with #LeeByungHun as the model endorser is doing quite well.

Thanks to the highlight by 병헌앓이 at LBH DC Gallery #Netmarble #IDEA #LeeByungHun

20150924_20.jpg

20150924_21.jpg

And found the newly-launched IDEA Facebook, looking pretty cool indeed..

20150924_22.jpg

• Like 4

The compilations have been posted at the website. However, the photos are still halfway through. There're a few other posts as well, basically what we've posted here.

Photos: Lee Byung Hun at 'INSIDERS' Production Conference (here)

Clips: Lee Byung Hun at 'INSIDERS' Production Conference (here)

Sharing this from the Hunnie Couple thread, previously we had the pics compiled using the MOTS pc pics but BH was not smiling then. Here's a better compilation with the Insiders pics. We hope this couple will continue smiling. user posted image

bhmj_1015.jpg

• Like 5

“Insiders” press conference - translation of excerpts

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-11%20at%204.09.0

Grateful thanks @p.v. wong who posted the above video with Chinese subtitles: 

“Hello everyone, I am Lee Byung-hun, I played the character Ann Sang Gu, a political gangster.  In the movie,  I experienced the taste of both heaven and hell.” 

Q:     Why did you choose this movie?

LBH:  My standard of choosing a script  is very simple.  The script has to be attractive and interesting.  I found this script intriguing,  therefore I chose it. 

Q:     How did it feel to cooperate on this performance? 

JSW: When I was a kid, Lee Byung Hun is already a superstar in my mind.     Before I became an actor, I used to watch his drama “Tomorrow Love” on television with my family.  I still remember the first scene of the movie “Insiders” Lee Byung Hun stood in front of me in a conference room separated by a piece of glass.  I was so preoccupied with admiring his performance that I forgot my own lines.   In the past, I have always wanted the opportunity to work with  him.  After due consideration, I decided to accept this script.  I have also worked with Baek Yoon Sik “Sunbae” in the movie “Tazza, The High Rollers” and looked forward to cooperate with him again.  In addition, I was afraid if I missed this opportunity, I do not know when I would have the opportunity to collaborate with Lee Byung Hun.

LBH:  Jo Seung Wo’s attitude towards me is like an other brother.  He often gave me advice and patted me on the shoulder.  In the studio, it is hard to distinguish who is the elder brother and who is the younger brother  When I found out that Jo Seung Wo was cast in this movie, strangely I could not recall his previous works.  However, when shooting started, I discovered that he is an excellent actor.  Therefore, I had to pay extra attention.  Acting together with Jo Seung Wo made me extremely nervous and I felt I had to act well. 

Source:  Korea Star Daily 

Two of my all-time favorite actors together in this movie. They are two of the best of their respective generations. without a doubt. I know it'll take awfully long before we're be able to watch it with English subs, nevertheless I'll be waiting (im)patiently for their film...

Thank you for posting this interview..!

• Like 5

Hello @kalel, good to see you here. user posted image Welcome, welcome. Can't wait to watch Insiders as well, it'll be awesome seeing these talented actors in action.

#CasioOceanus #LeeByungHun 

Lee Byung Hun's Casio Advertisement on a bus in Macau?

Photo credit: model7003

:)

I'm glad I found you, guys. LBH is one of the very first Korean actors I knew about. My "korean wave" started with films and LBH's works were among the best ones. I respect his talent and, despite any kind of comments, I consider him, apart from handsome, a true actor's actor on a global scale!!! :D

• Like 5

October 14, 2015

Film completes cartoon 'Inside Men'

By Baek Byung-yeul The Korea Times

16-01(590).jpg

Actors Baek Yoon-sik, from left, Lee Byung-hun and Jo Seung-woo, director Woo Min-ho and Yoon Tae-ho, original author of upcoming film "Inside Men" pose during a press conference at a theater in Apgujeong, Seoul, on Oct. 8. / Courtesy of Showbox

Star cartoonist Yoon Tae-ho's incomplete comic strip "Inside Men" will be concluded in a film of the same title next month.

Yoon, best credited for his online comic strip "Misaeng" (An incomplete life), serialized "Inside Men" in a local newspaper for three years from 2010 to 2012, but abruptly stopped releasing the comic strip.

"Inside Men" is a political thriller revolving around three protagonists ― Lee Kang-hee, a chief editorial writer at an influential conservative newspaper who manipulates public opinion by pulling strings with political figures, Ahn Sang-goo, a political henchman who takes revenge against the political, business and media moguls, and Woo Jang-hoon, an ambitious prosecutor who joins hands with Ahn to investigate political and business tycoons.

During a movie premiere, actor Lee Byung-hun, who plays Ahn, explains his character as a dumb bear with a fox mask on.

16-02(523).jpg 
Actors Jo Seung-woo, left, and Lee Byung-hun in a scene from upcoming crime thriller "Inside Men" / Courtesy of Showbox

"In the film, Ahn tries to be tricky, but he always falls into his own trap," Lee said at a theater in Apgujeong, Seoul, on Oct. 8.

"When I chose this film, I didn't have a chance to read Yoon's original work... But director Woo Min-ho told me I don't need to because my character has changed a lot from the original work. For reference, I read the incomplete cartoon, and saw that the gangster's character is far from that in the original comic strip."

Lee and actor Baek Yoon-sik, who features as editorial chief Lee, both agreed that they decided to act in the film because they became greatly interested in the script when they first read it.

"I got the picture while I was reading the screenplay," Baek said. "Based on the script and the original cartoon work, I attempted to create my own version of the editorial chief before shooting."

Actor Jo, who takes the role of prosecutor Woo Jang-hoon, said he refused to join the cast three times because his character was not originally in the cartoon version.

"Frankly, I am an avid fan of Yoon's work. I have read all of his cartoon work. So, when I was cast for the film at first, I had to turn the offer down as there is no reference to my position because there was a photo journalist in the cartoon instead of the prosecutor," Jo said, adding he decided to appear in the end due to director Woo's persuasion.

"When I was young, actor Lee was one of my idols," Jo said. "The idea that I could work with him made me change my mind. I don't even remember how I could finish the first shoot because I had cold feet."

Yoon said he stopped drawing the political thriller because he could not handle the story any longer. "I stopped making the series judging that I could not control the enormous story anymore," he said.

"Actually, I received the script written by director Woo, but I didn't try to read it. My work was incomplete and director Woo finished it. That's why I stopped turning the pages of the script. I would like to enjoy the film version as a member of the audience as well."

"Inside Men" will hit theaters in November.

baekby@ktimes.com

Source

• Like 4