Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

July 12, 2013
'Red 2' Movie Review: Bruce Willis And Company Offers Plenty Of Action And Humor Which Made The First Film A Hit
Source: The Global Dispatch
DC Comics has a third franchise in Red, which succeeds in the shadows of their Batman and Superman inspired films. The 2010 film was a surprise success and warranted a sequel, which returns the all-star cast.
Based on a Warren Ellis comic book series, the new film, Red 2, has a new director in Dean Parisot (Galaxy Quest) who succeeded in keeping the key elements of the first film and building a new tale around his great cast.
Frank Moses (Bruce Willis), a former black-ops CIA agent, is retired (Retired and Extremely Dangerous = RED) and now tries to settle down with Mary-Louise Parker’s Sarah, the carryover girlfriend from the first film.
Longtime friend Marvin (John Malkovich) attempts to warns Frank of a new threat, but Marvin, as “some people might say…is a bit paranoid.”
Willis, with the reluctance of a Pacino motivated Godfather, is pulled back into the cat-and-mouse action which takes the trio across the globe, reuniting with Victoria (Helen Mirren) of MI6 and plenty of newcomers: Catherine Zeta-Jones and Byung hun-Lee and Anthony Hopkins.
The synopsis of the film discusses the device and people the players are racing to locate, but these are just macguffins to move the plot along.
Byunghun-Lee shines in action sequences and even pulls off a Jackie Chan inspired fight scene designed to entertain and instigate a chuckle or two. David Thewlis (Lupin from the Harry Potter franchise) is fantastic as an information guru nicknamed The Frog.
Parker’s Sarah is wide-eyed for too long in the film, but grows into the final act where he character final matters. Willis and Malkovich repeat in their perfectly cast roles but sadly Mirren is only on-screen with Brian Cox (as Ivan, the former Russian spy) for fleeting moments.
Fans of the first film should not be disappointed: 4 out of 5 stars.
Fans that prefer The Expendables to the first film will be letdown by the reduced number of explosions: 2 1/2 out of 5 stars.
Even if you haven’t seen the first film, there is plenty to like about the characters, the pace and the humor: overall 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.
Red 2 officially arrives in theaters July 19.
Source: Nate l Yahoo!201307130036.jpg
Cast members Catherine Zeta-Jones (L) and Lee Byung-hun of South Korea pose at the premiere of the film "Red 2" in Los Angeles, California July 11, 2013. The movie opens in the U.S. on July 19. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni (UNITED STATES - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT)
PYH2013071207760034000_P2.jpg

Source: The Korea Herald
20130710001133_0.jpg
RED 2

Action. Comedy. Crime. Directed by Dean Parisot.
Opening July 18
While trying to enjoy a normal life, retired black-ops CIA agent Frank Moses (Bruce Willis) is notified by his old friend Marvin Boggs (John Malkovich) that Interpol is hunting him. When Frank tries to clear his name, he gets reacquainted on a global mission to track down a missing nuclear device that was sneaked into Russia and reassembled. While Frank reunites his former team of elite operatives and is working on the mission, he finds himself hunted by Victoria (Helen Mirren) and one of the best assassins in the business, Han (Lee Byung-hun). 

Source: RED 2 Facebook
Let the countdown begin -- one week until RED 2. Who is going opening night?
red2_1week_fb.jpg

July 14, 2013
These pics were just posted at around 4.20 am (Seoul time) at Nate. Did Byunghun-ssi just landed in Incheon at 4am and there were fans & media people waiting for him? dontknow.gif
1373742708_539879.jpg
1373742777_539880.jpg
1373742924_539882.jpg
1373742872_539881.jpg

I thought there were some error or somethingduh.gif.. it's Sunday and it's 4am. Media people posting news & pics at 4 am.. like, seriously. Checked with mistymorning.. the gist of the updates said so, indeed. Man.. following the man.. is really serious business! 
Some more BH's 4am airport pics laughing.gif
20130714_1373745379_07759000_1.jpg
1373745379_539901.jpg
20130714_1373745191_06578400_1.jpg
20130714_1373745123_28352600_1.jpg

1997 Miss Korea Kim Ji-Yeun said, "LBH Performance with roses helped me to win Miss Korea. "

Source : Naver
201307141056778607_51e2068c355c9_59_2013
Nice episode about 1997 miss korea Kim Ji-Yun, who's friend with LEH from highschool. KJY said that LBH helped her to win the beauty pageant. Turns out that, LBH did some performance in the pageant, singing and giving roses to pageant participants on that year. KJY was the last one to receive that, and LBH sang in front of her for longer time and gave the rose, thus helped putting focus on her.KJY said "I feel that his rose performance helped me to win it."

Guest Illu Blue

Hi am a new LBH fan and happy to have found this forum :)

Posting a couple of clips from CulTwo show - apologies if they have been posted before

By SBSNOW1

Clip from Red/BTS uploaded by Sally Kim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9FQLtRxH8E

Hi Illu Blue! Welcome to soompi.com and to LBH thread especially! welcome.gifSo happy to meet you here! We love having more LBH fans joining the thread, makes it all the merrier. And we love every sharing about Lee Byung Hun, most definitely. Please make yourself at home, simply jump right on in. Tell us how you became a fan and your fave LBH drama/movies, too. <3
Some nice RED2 Red Carpet compilation pics from Nate.. plus pics of Byunghun's co-stars (particularly BW) surprising him with a "killer" birthday cake at the RED2 after party.thumbup.gif
30000298750.jpg
201307141034581116_1.jpg
201307141030021110_1.jpg
20130711_77.jpg
201307141021221110_1.jpg
201307141011281110_1.jpg
201307141003071110_1.jpg

July 13, 2013
Lee Byung Hun opens up about his wedding preparations
by starsung  Allkpop.com
201307132118540910_1.jpg

Lee Byung Hun has a lot on his mind these days with promotions for his Hollywood film, 'RED 2', and preparations for his wedding. 
On the July 13th broadcast of 'Entertainment Relay', the reporter asked, "There's less than one month until your important day. Are you preparing for it well?" 
Lee Byung Hun revealed, "Actually, I don't know if the important aspects are being prepared well. Whenever I have free time, I think about it and arrange it. I am spending my days very busily."
Lee Byung Hun will soon tie the knot with Lee Min Jung at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Seoul on August 10!

The article by KpopStarz below might be a bit "lost in translation".. the LBH vs LMJ question if not mistaken was answered by a fan, not LBH. Let's check with mistymorning later ^^
Anyway.. here's the Guerilla Date and Interview clip [Sendspace], thanks to mistymorning for EverythingLBH.com :)
Look out for the lipstick & kiss souvenir by Byunghun-ssi at the end of the clip.. so cute & funny! Must say that BH applied the lipstick very well, in his own way without a mirror. wub2.gif
tumblr_lipstick1.gif Gifs credit to tumblr fan-sharing / Sunwoolbhtumblr_lipstick2.gif

July 14, 2013
Lee Byung Hun, "I Love Lee Min Jung More Than Myself"ACTOR LEE BYUNG HUN REVEALED HIS AFFECTION FOR HIS FIANCE AND ACTRESS LEE MIN JUNG
Source: KpopStarz
Actor Lee Byung Hun revealed his affection for his fiance and actress Lee Min Jung.
In KBS2 "Entertainment Relay" aired today, Lee Byung Hun came out in the guerrilla date section, having a honest conversation with fans.
When Lee Byung Hun appeared at the theme park, his fans gathered in joy, not being able to hide their shock at his good-looking face, saying "He's so good-looking."
20130713020812_0.jpg

During the talking time, Lee Byung Hun was asked, "Pick one between Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung" and he quietly said, "Lee Min Jung."
Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung will be getting married on August 10 in Seoul.
Photo Credit: KBS2

Guest Illu Blue

rubie said:
Hi Illu Blue! Welcome to soompi.com and to LBH thread especially! welcome.gifSo happy to meet you here! We love having more LBH fans joining the thread, makes it all the merrier. And we love every sharing about Lee Byung Hun, most definitely. Please make yourself at home, simply jump right on in. Tell us how you became a fan and your fave LBH drama/movies, too. <3

This is a super treat for LBH fans in Singapore birgits_tiredcoffee.gif so please check it out courtesy Nescafé Singapore! ^^
NESCAFE Lee Byung Hun Exclusive Premiums and Red 2 Movie Tickets Giveaway ARE you Lee Byung-Hun’s BIGGEST FAN! NESCAFE®, Singapore’s no.1 coffee brand is celebrating 75 years of heritage, quality and coffee expertise. To celebrate, we have invited Lee Byung Hun to be NESCAFE Singapore’s brand ambassador! NESCAFE’s new campaign visuals and television commercial features Lee. Well known for his role as Storm Shadow in G.I Joe movies, the usual cool and manly Lee shows his warm and cheerful side. Looking bored at the start of the video with his friends engrossed in their smartphones and tablets, he decides to turn things around by making a cuppa NESCAFE coffee for all of them and by doing so, creating conversation and laughter instead. The advertisement then ends off with the slogan “There’s one for everyone,” highlighting the different coffee flavours NESCAFE has to offer. View the TVC here! To win for yourself limited edition NESCAFE 75 years premiums and products, exclusive Lee Byung-Hun NESCAFE life size posters and MOVIE TICKETS to catch the exclusive viewing of Lee Byung-Hun’s latest Hollywood blockbuster Red 2, show us that you are his BIGGEST FAN! Be creative, go crazy, express your love. Post pictures, film videos, go all out on your blogs and Facebook page. We want you to show your love by sharing about Lee Byung-Hun’s latest NESCAFE commercial “Conversations,” his latest movie Red 2 and of course his awesome pictures ;) Simply drop us your name, contact number, mailing address and links to your I love Lee Byung-Hun promotion efforts to norman.phua@sg.nestle.com! Feel free to call +65 97713301 for further clarifications. Good luck and may Lee Byung-Hun be with you always :D
image001.jpgimage002.jpgimage003.jpg

Guest Illu Blue

July 14, 2013
Lee Byung Heon mentions about his honeymoon plan STARN News 1373720593_539841.jpg

Lee Byung Heon mentioned about his honeymoon plan.
On July 13th, Lee Byung Heon, who recently cast in movie 'RED: The Legend' appeared on KBS 2TV 'Entertainment Weekly' for 'Guerrilla Date'.
During the broadcast, Lee Byung Heon had a great time, playing different games with citizens on the street.
As he was asked about his summer vacation plan, he indirectly mentioned about his honeymoon, saying, "I do not have a specific plan yet, but there is a trip that I have to go personally."
On the other hand, 'RED: The Legend' will be released on July 18th in Korea.
/Reporting by Kim Ji-Yi en@starnnews.com

July 12, 2013
Lee Eun Hee: Lee Byung Hun's Marriage Made Their Mother Very Happy
Source: Nate l translated gist by mistymorning
2013071301001091700081691.jpg

On a recent JTBC variety talk show featuring former Miss Korea Beauty Queens, celebrity & tv personality Lee Eun Hee who is also actor Lee Byung Hun's younger sister revealed that their mother had been the most happy and glad person that LBH is finally getting married.
Lee Byung Hun's mom have been worrying for awhile about her son not marrying yet, especially at his age. But now she's particularly relieved as Lee Byung Hun is set to marry actress Lee Min Jung in August. 
Mentioning her future sister-in-law Lee Min Jung, LEH stated that the actress has a warm sunny disposition and she is very funny. Whenever they're with her, the family will have a great time.
The revelation by Lee Eun Hee on the show had the other guests (panels) feeling surprised that a top actor and Hallyu star LBH could be considered as such at home.

^ Aww.. that is so sweet and cute of Byunghun-ssi.. what a sweetheart he is. wub2.gif Thanks so much mistymorning for the clarification, KpopStarz got it alright. 
Finally understood the concept of the matching game and such sporting fans. <3 LOL.. Byunghun-ssi.. his fondness for Minjung just melts the hearts. BH is definitely more relaxed, open and so in love these days.
Also found the Hyeopyeo update on dramabeans.. *finally* ..there's a slight title difference but we'll take it all as the same.
July 14, 2013
Lee Byung-heon and Jeon Do-yeon reunite in action revenge sageuk
by girlfriday dramabeans.com
leebyungheon10.jpg
It looks like we’ve got a pretty epic movie reunion on the way — Lee Byung-heon (Gwanghae, The Man Who Became King) is going from Joseon royalty to Goryeo warrior in the upcoming action sageuk Gallant Woman: Memory of the Sword, starring Jeon Do-yeon (Countdown) as the best sword-fighter in all of Goryeo. Badass. It’s been fourteen years since the pair of A-listers were in a project together (as lovers in 1999′s The Harmonium In My Memory), and this time they’ll meet as mortal enemies who fight to the death.

The new film comes from PD Park Heung-shik of Heaven’s Kids and the drama My Sweet Seoul, and Jeon Do-yeon has worked with him before in Mermaid and I Wish I Had a Wife. The Goryeo-era martial arts film starts out with Jeon Do-yeon and Lee Byung-heon as part of a trio of the best warriors in the country. But Lee Byung-heon betrays them, kills the third member, and sets out on an ambitious path to become king.
Jeon Do-yeon is left to pick up the pieces and disappears with the daughter of the friend who died. She takes on the role of mother and teacher, and raises the young girl to become a weapon of revenge. The daughter will be played by rising young actress Kim Go-eun (Eungyo), who’s just starting her career and already riding a wave of critical acclaim.
Eighteen years later, the mother and daughter pair will set out to enact their revenge, just as Lee Byung-heon is amassing the power to make a play for the throne. That’s a pretty great premise. Mommy-daughter sword-fighting duo, kicking richard simmons and taking names? Yes please.
The film is planning on a 2014 release.
jeondoyeon_kimgoeun1.jpg
Via My Daily