class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px;"[TWITTER] 140214 Kim Jaejoong Twitter UpdateFebruary 14, 2014 · pvtse

photo 140214jjtw2.png

[TRANS]For me, this is one of the reasons we should listen attentively to other people’s voices/sounds(T/N: The book Jaejoong is reading: “The living heat” by Kim Mikyung – via @JJ_manse)

photo BgbCk-eCMAACHjTjpg_large.jpg

Source: @bornfreeonekissTranslated by: @The_Little_PearShared by: JYJ3

838921758.jpg?1392368297Pic as tagged

JaeSu video cutAt 'Advertisement: Dangerous Rumors' VIP movie premiere.The movie co-star's Park Sung Woong who is also JYJs family member in CJES.
Other video including other actors, such as Han JiMin (YCs costar in Roof Top Prince)
Cr: uploader

photo 140214jjtw2.png

[TRANS]For me, this is one of the reasons we should listen attentively to other people’s voices/sounds(T/N: The book Jaejoong is reading: “The living heat” by Kim Mikyung – via @JJ_manse)

photo BgbCk-eCMAACHjTjpg_large.jpg

[Translation of excerpt]Own problem is a jagged stone, even if it’s just a small jagged stone, we still fall over it. While even if others’ problem is a mountain chain, we can still climb over it without any difficulty. Could we talk about it easily because it’s other people’s problem? No. It’s because we can see everything clearly when we stand one step backward. The reason why I have been able to answer people’s questions is the same. Getting far away is a method to have a good view of everything.

What are the parts of our body that we can see with our own eyes? Just two arms and legs, stomach and chest. Even our face, the most important part, we can only see it through a mirror. Same with our back and the back of our head. Like the back of the moon, I can’t see properly the other half of my body. Maybe that’s the reason. The reason why sometimes, other people can see through my problem that quickly and accurately.

“The living heat” (살아있는 뜨거움) – Kim Mikyung

photo 140214jjtw3.png

[TRANS]I received one chocolate.. hehehe

photo Bgbzug5CIAEuLQsjpg_large.jpg

Source: @bornfreeonekissTranslated by: @The_Little_Pear + pvtse of JYJ3Shared by: JYJ3

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px;"[HD PRESS PICS] 140214 Jaejoong and Junsu at Movie ‘Advertisement: Dangerous Rumors’ VIP Premiere by Top Star NewsFebruary 14, 2014 · rilanna

Note: ‘Advertisement: Dangerous Rumors’ is a new film starring Park Sung Woong, who is also in C-JeS Entertainment.

photo tvdaily01.jpg

photo 1392388145-81-org.jpg

photo 1392388297-62-org.jpg

photo 1392388468-54-org.jpg

Source: TopStarNews

Shared by JYJ3

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px;"[TWITTER] 140215 Kim Jaejoong Twitter Update: SelcaFebruary 15, 2014 · JYJ3 Team

photo 140215jjtw.png

[TRANS] Euak~!!! (Is JJ saying this when he took the photo?)

photo Bgfty6JCAAAdXTN.jpgphoto Bgfty6JCAAAdXTN2.jpgphoto 140215zerotic.png

[TRANS] Pretty (Note: Jung Gun Young is JYJ’s Choreographer and Dancer)

Source: @bornfreeonekissTranslated by: Ruby (@rubypurple_fan) of JYJ3Shared by: JYJ3

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px;"[OTHER WEIBO] 140213 China Boyband HIT5′s Duan Huangwei mentions Kim JaejoongFebruary 15, 2014 · JYJ3 Team

photo BgeJ_3-CAAAraSi.jpg

A member of a China boyband, Duan Huangwei of HIT5, says “When talking about idol, there is just one, Kim Jae Joong.”

photo hit5.jpg

Source: HIT5段黄巍Translated by: @ShadowJaeJesShared by: JYJ3

class="post-title" style="margin: 0px;"[OTHER NEWS] South Korean design firm ADI landed biggest branding job for K-pop star Jae Joongby Ces

jholic2

South Korean design agency, Art & Design International (ADI) has recently closed of one of their biggest projects yet. This project included a complete branding job for South Korean singer Kim Jae Joong’s recently opened coffee house, Cafe J Holic in Seoul. Jae Joong is best known as a member of the K-pop group JYJ.

Amongst other companies, ADI was selected by Jae Joong himself since the K-pop singer was looking for a Korean design agency that would be able to take on this very important and big project. The South Korean design agency was responsible for the whole branding process of Cafe J Holic, which consists of a large range of stylish merchandise. With the help of Art & Design International, Cafe J Holic turned into a unique coffee shop in its own kind where people do not only come to enjoy a cup of coffee but also come to shop the products of their favorite Korean star.

The South Korean company has designed over 60 merchandise products, all with a distinctive design that fits the coffee shop’s corporate identity. The products range from coffee mugs to tote bags and pillows, from which some are only available in limited edition. For his fans ADI has designed a special journal where Jae Joong shares some personal information about himself, like his favorite day of the year. “This project was a good opportunity for us to learn about the K-pop culture and get an inside look on the relationship between celebrities and their fans”, says CEO Hellen Choo, who says to become more aware of the power of Korean pop culture throughout South-East Asia after this project.

This is one of ADI’s biggest projects and one of the most exciting so far. ADI is confident that this project will help put the agency on the market nationally as well as internationally. There’s no doubt that ADI has a great future ahead of them.

Credit: international.to
Shared by: PrinceJJ

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px;"[iNFO] 140216 C-JeS Official Notice: C-Jes and AVEX settlement between the twoFebruary 15, 2014 · rilanna

This is the official statement in regards to the info posted earlier HERE

photo 140216cjeswebsite.png

[Translation]

“C-JeS(JYJ) and AVEX have reached an agreement in ending all legal disputes that has happened up to now between the two.C-JeS(JYJ) and AVEX will no longer interfere with each others’ future activities.”

Avex and C-JeS agreed to end all legal dispute between them. No interference in the future is to be carried out.- JYJ Japan website[via @rubypurple_fan of JYJ3]

Source: C-JeS HomepageTranslated & Shared by: JYJ3
class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px;"[NEWS] 140216 C-JeS and Avex Settle Dispute, JYJ Looks Toward Japan ActivitiesFebruary 16, 2014 · rilanna

photo jyj-calendar-shoot.jpg

C-JeS Entertainment has officially announced that the legal dispute between JYJ and its former Japanese management, Avex, has come to an end.

On February 16, entertainment agency C-Jes uploaded a press release on its official homepage regarding its artist group JYJ. It announced, “C-JeS (JYJ) and Avex have agreed to end all legal disputes that have occurred between the two parties until now. Henceforth, C-JeS (JYJ) and Avex will longer meddle in each other’s activities.

Previously, the Tokyo District Court ruled in favor of JYJ and ordered Avex to compensate the group for interfering with its activities in Japan. Avex immediately appealed the decision, and a related source revealed, “Through the mediation of the Tokyo District Court, both sides decided to settle.

The CEO of C-JeS Entertainment, Baek Chang Joo, expressed his pleasure at having the dispute end and the road to JYJ’s activities in Japan open. Baek Chang Joo stated, “It is most meaningful that as we have agreed with Avex that it will no longer meddle in JYJ’s activities, the group’s activities in Japan has been legally guaranteed. We are happy that JYJ’s long legal dispute has ended and are hopeful that JYJ will be able to meet their Japanese fans more closely and more often.”

Credit: Enews24 via Soompi

[NEWS] C-JeS Entertainment and AVEX come to an agreement on JYJ-related matters

C-JeS Entertainment and AVEX‘s long legal battle has been resolved.

On the 16th, C-JeS Entertainment wrote on their official homepage, “C-JeS (JYJ) and AVEX has agreed to end all the legal battles we have had. C-JeS (JYJ) and AVEX will no longer meddle in each other’s affairs.

Last year in January, AVEX was told to stop asserting their sole management rights for JYJ in Japan, and were told to pay C-JeS Entertainment 660,000,000 JPY (about 6.5 million USD) in damages.

C-JeS said, “After our win last year, AVEX appealed the ruling. In the end, through the Tokyo High Court’s mediation, we were able to settle on an agreement.

C-JeS’ CEO Baek Chang Joo said, “We’re thankful that the Japanese judicial branch gave us the 1st ruling of securing JYJ’s Japanese promotions, and also for them for leading the 2nd agreement. With this, we have finished all fights related to the Japanese promotions. Now that AVEX and JYJ have agreed not to interfere in each others’ business, it means a lot in that JYJ’s Japanese promotions are officially confirmed as being secured legally. We are happy that JYJ’s long legal fight has all finished, and we hope to meet Japanese fans more often and closer through stages.

Credit: AllkpopShared by JYJ3

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px;"[TWITTER] 140216 Kim Jaejoong Twitter Update: SelcasFebruary 16, 2014 · rilanna

photo 140216kjj1.png

[TRANS] Annyeong?(T/N: can mean a lot of things)

photo Bgl84trCMAAx7zT.jpg
photo 140216kjj2.png

[TRANS] Blond annyeong

photo Bgl-OFwCIAA_6XE.jpg
photo 140216kjj3.png

[TRANS] Kong × Kong(T/N: Kong x Kong means my heart is pounding)

photo BgmB5orCQAQN0pC.jpg

Source: @bornfreeonekissTranslated by: Ruby of JYJ3Shared by: JYJ3

[uPDATE]

photo 140216jjtw4.png

[TRANS] I’ll gain weight, I’ll gain weight

photo BgmY_aiCUAAhbk-.jpg

photo 140216jjtw5.png

[TRANS] I’ll lose weight, I’ll lose weight

photo Bgmbna3CcAATXzM.jpg

photo 140216jjtw6.png

[TRANS] Just gain weight then lose weight, I’ll live like that☆

photo BgmcI6VCQAEHkzI.jpg

140216jjtw7.png

[TRANS] Watching Olympic~! 1500m hwaiting~~~ii

BgmionrCYAAJzJl.jpg

Source: @bornfreeonekissTranslated by: Ruby of JYJ3 + @The_Little_Pear of PrinceJJShared by: JYJ3

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px;"[iNTERVIEW] 140217 Kim Jaejoong, Yong Junhyung and Zico – Idol? Artist? We don’t need to make the differenceFebruary 16, 2014 · JYJ3 Team

Interview with idol representatives of “composer-idols”… “the salary is a secret…shall we compose together?” 

AKR20140216072900005_08_i.jpg~original

“My stylist dressed me younger-looking today. In case I looked older than these guys….”(Kim Jaejoong)

JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong (28) casually walked into the photo shoot complaining. Younger BEAST’s Yong Junhyung and Block B’s Zico smiled awkwardly saying, “We don’t have young looking face though…”

The image of the three of them standing together made them look like a team for sure.

“Since we have one vocal singer and two rappers, we can make a team. Jaejoong, Yong Junhyung, Jiho (Zico’s real name) initials together make JYJ. Hahaha.”

The similarity between them is the fact that they are “idol singers with composing abilities.” They don’t get their name placed in the album credits just by muttering the melody, but they are Korean music industry’s “copyright idols” who can easily compose-write-edit music for their own albums and even give songs to other artists.

According to the Korea Music Copyright Association, Kim Jaejoong composed/wrote 37 songs, Yong Junhyung 60 songs, and Zico 46 songs.

Recently, at the interview in one recording studio located in Samsungdong, the three of them looked very close. Yong Junhyung had a rap featuring in Kim Jaejoong’s song “Don’t Walk Away” last year and Zico had worked with Yong Junhyung on an album before his debut in Block B. Maybe it was because they were all music composers, but they were all happy saying, “it’s fun because we get to be together.”

Zico stated, “It’s crazy that I’m here right now. I remember being in a talent show during grade school with the song “The Way You Are” and during my second year in middle school with the song “Rising Sun”. When I was studying abroad in China, DBSK popularity was so big.”

“Recently I was feeling down so was drinking alone around 3~4AM, but then I got a call from Jaejoong hyung. Hyung told me that he was drinking alone too and came to join me. He is someone who will understand all of me when I don’t say a word, so I think we feel the same things.” (Yong Junhyung)

Kim Jaejoong said, “There are times when Junhyungie will look sad. So when I met him I told him that he looked good when he smiles.” Zico added along, “I think hyungs are people who enjoy sad emotions.”

◇ “The reason why I stated composing…”

Each one of them had a different reason for composing.

Kim Jaejoong had been writing song before JYJ, during his DBSK days. He would secretly share his own compositions on his MP3 in the waiting rooms. His first composition to be on an album was “Love Don’t Cry” which was placed on DBSK’s 4th album in 2008.

“Since I was a singer, I wanted to sing a song that had my own message. In the beginning, it was half out of curiosity and the other half was enjoyment. I was first interested in arrangement. It was because the song changes into a different song based on how you arrange it.” (Kim Jaejoong)

Yong Junhyung started making songs during his trainee days to escape the suffocating dorm life and repetitive days. “I would ask to for permission to visit Shinsadong Tiger’s studio and leave.”

He explained, “Watching composer hyungs work looked as if they were enjoying a game. When I told them that I wanted to try too they told me to start writing first. After I started writing a bit, I wanted to make melodies and then I moved on to full tracks.”

Zico wanted to be “high technician” as a rapper. He didn’t even dream of being a composer. However, because his past company didn’t have a producer available, he decided that he would have to take charge.

AKR20140216072900005_07_i.jpg~original

“Back then I couldn’t handle MIDI programs and I got tracks from other people. I went to classes with my own money and learned programs like Logic and Cubase. I realized that I had to learn it in order to talk to composers who were making the tracks for me. And then I got greedy and then make the track for Block B’s first album, “Nilriri Mambo”. (Zico)

Composing songs ranging from dance, ballad, pop, hip hop, rock, and more, they each had their way of composing.

For Kim Jaejoong who composes alone at home, when he puts his mind to it, he would just make songs with a notebook and a piano. He formulates the style of the song by making the melody and adds in the lyrics at the end.

When Yong Junhyung doesn’t have schedules, he would head to his studio to talk with his friends and when he gets an idea, he would start writing. He would always choose the song title first.

Yong Junhyung explained, “Because you need the public’s approval, you need to be able to compromise to some extent. The basic sound might be electronic, but you might have to replace with piano or guitar for that melodic acoustic sound. Or if the track is pop genre, then you need to find the right melody for that.

For Zico, who got his own studio 3 months ago in Seochodong, he makes a track with rhythm and loop. Then he adds in the melody and last writes his lyrics.

They all agreed, “The order might be different, but the process we go through is the same. Even though it might be really good song written by a different person, we don’t get tempted to just simply work off it. We have an open mind.”

Lyrics are usually based off experiences. When Yong Junhyung said that he pushed for having ‘Caffeine’ as BEAST’s Yang Yoseob’s solo title song, Zico and Jaejoong joked, “isn’t it because you put in your own break up experience in the song?”

“It’s experience mixed with imagination. Haha.” (Yong Junhyung)

“Now you mention that, the lyrics to your solo song ‘Flower’ seems more like your real life than ‘Caffeine’….”(Kim Jaejoong, Zico)

◇ “First copyright pay was few hundreds…it should be fun if we all compose together” 

They each evaluated each others musical strengths.

“Zico is someone who can rap really well and his idea for the hook part of the song is amazing to the point I get jealous of it.” (Yong Junhyung)

“My music might be stimulating, but it has a lot of flaws. But for Jaejoong hyung his arrangement melody is succinct and distinct that it paves a road for perfect singing. Also, writing is just as important as composing, and the fact that all the lyrics appear in Junhyung hyung’s mind is amazing.” (Zico)

Kim Jaejoong added, “I’m not the only fan of them but even close friends of mine are fans of Junhyung and Zico. It’s because their skill and intuition is like no other.”

There was also an idea that it would be fun if they collaborated all together.

Kim Jaejoong said, “I am totally honored and welcoming of this.”

“One person can make the track and then the three of us can make the melody and rap. Or we can all just meet to work on the track. I think it will be really fun.” (Yong Junhyung)

Their copyright salary increased with the fact they were popular idol singers and that they started making their own hit songs. They looked at each other with the expression that it was uncomfortable to talk about how much they made.

PYH2014021502190001300_P2.jpg~original

Zico smiled saying. “Before debuting in Block B and when I used to be active in the indie music industry at the age of 18, the first amount I made was 150 dollars. Compared to that, now I make much more thankfully.”

Yong Junhyung started to say, “When I first used to compose for BEAST’s debut album, I made about 100-200 dollars. Back then I didn’t even know about things like copyright money.” Kim Jaejoong added, “I think I made more than that…”

Even though they make different amounts, they all have to watch out for plagiarism. Last year, the music industry suffered a lot from this issue.

Yong Junhyung commented honestly, “You can easily add another melody to your song without knowing so not having any thought is really scary. By monitoring other songs, I inspect my own songs. However, I think about how the melody I made could have been made many years ago on the opposite side of the world and realize if it’s really possible to make a whole new song.”

Kim Jaejoong said, “I don’t think about plagiarism and just make songs according to the inspirations I get. However, if you have the same melody, rhythm, and loop, that is questionable. It’s really hard to get the same beat in all three of those.”

◇ Line between artist and idol…”the prejudice is disappointing”

After 2 hours into the interview, the topic turned to the reality of idol singers.

In Korea, idols are often admired and at the same time they are easily the subject of criticism. Especially, when you get the idol title in your name, you have the tendency to be looked down upon by other musicians. Because of this, management companies emphasize the fact that the members participated in composing and writing in order to add the artist and musician image.

If that is the case, these guys are on the line between idol and artists.

Zico explained, “I feel like the words like idol and artist are completely removed of their definitions and we use it to fit our language. I think it’s a disappointment to see that by being an idol or wearing sunglasses, you are judged even more. Members who are good at singing or rapping tend to outshine others who compose well in different conditions.”

Yong Junhyung who was nodding his head at Zico’s words joined.

“I’m grateful that people see me as an artist or an idol, but I don’t want to be defined by that. I will continue to work hard until people realized my music abilities and this is something that I can’t infuse on to the public.” (Yong Junhyung)

The oldest hyung, Kim Jaejoong, who passed his 10 years since debut last year said a transparent answer.

He said, “Management companies debut idol singers in order to make them stars and that’s what we wanted. But, if you wanted to become successful by being called a musician, this is not the way to debut and you should have chosen a different path. So in the end, you shouldn’t be feeling too disappointed about it.”

Now that some of them had experiences in producing, would they ever dream about being Yang Hyunseok (YG) or Park Jinyoung (JYP) in the future?

Yong Junhyung said, “I think I can see my future in a producer who makes music and assign concepts, not a producer who owns a company.”

Zico said, “I agree” and Kim Jaejoong laughed saying, “I will have to see once I get older.”

After the interview, the three of them headed to a samgeupsal (Korean pork BBQ) restaurant. When the youngest Zico started cooking the meat, he took a picture with his phone saying that he was cute.

“I really like cooking the meat, but I guess Zico took my utensil today. Haha.” (Kim Jaejoong)

Source: Yonhap News via NaverTranslated by: YongismShared by: JYJ3

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px;"[iNSTAGRAM + TWITTER] 140217 JaeSu Updates: Winter PrinceFebruary 17, 2014 · JYJ3 Team

Junsu’s Twitter Update:

{1:35 pm KST}photo 140217jstw1.png

[TRANS] I climbed up a mountain…It’s nice. A mountain covered in winter’s snow

photo BgpkzJ9CMAAwl-Z.jpg

Jaejoong’s Instagram Update:

{1:36 pm KST}

겨울왕자 ☆ http://youtu.be/tBJLiXmpNw0http://instagram.com/p/kgQbIlknvq
[TRANS] Winter Prince ☆ 

[Video TRANS]JJ: Junsu-yah. Annyeong!JS: Annyeong!JJ: You look lonely. Are you ‘Frozen’?JS: LET IT GOO!~

Jaejoong’s Twitter Update:

{2:09 pm KST}photo 140217jjtw1.png

[TRANS] It’s been a while since I’ve hiked… It’s nice~^^

photo BgpsmnjCAAAokjn.jpg

{2:10 pm KST)photo 140217jjtw2.png

[TRANS] We look like a newly debuted group~☆ Since we still look ‘smooth’ (ie: new, fresh)~v

photo Bgps80nCYAA9P5i.jpg

{2:18 pm KST)photo 140217jjtw3.png

[TRANS] We are really trying hard >_< Junsu looks the same as 14 years ago~~ Fresh

photo BgpuvJVCMAECrxK.jpg

Sources: @1215thexiahtic + bornfreeonekiss2 + @bornfreeonekissVideo YT Credit: kpopinstagram
Translated by: @ohmyjunsu
Shared by: JYJ3

'We write songs'

05-05%2868%29.jpg
Yong Jun-hyung, from left, of K-pop boy band BEAST, Zico of Block-B and Kim Jae-joong of JYJ poseat a recording studio in Gangnam, Seoul, on Feb. 12. The trio are quickly gaining recognition here as star-turned-prolific
songwriters. Yong is the most prolific songwriter out of the three, having created 60 songs. “Making a song is like a game,” said 25-year-old.

/ Yonhap / Korea Times

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px;"Fans are so generous... class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px;"[NEWS] 140217 Jaejoong’s fan club donates money to abandoned childrenFebruary 17, 2014 · JYJ3 Team

photo 20140217160549664490_59_20140217160905.jpg

Jaejoong’s fan club ‘Prickly Noonas of HEROSE‘ donated 10 million won (~ $9,400 USD) to the ‘After Baby Box’ campaign, which focuses on hundreds of abandoned children and acts as their second parents in order to ensure their growth and development.

The fans revealed they donated money and participated in the campaign for Jaejoong’s birthday, which took place a few weeks ago.  The fan club said, “The cases of mothers who had no choice but to abandon their children to a Baby Box because of extenuating circumstances were very sad.  The members quickly sympathized with helping the children so we decided to back this campaign.

The donated money will be used to help raise the children and will surely be greatly appreciated and useful in letting the children grow healthily and happily.

Source: NoCutNews via NaverCredit: AllkpopShared by: JYJ3

tealee said:
class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px;"[HD PRESS PICS] 140214 Jaejoong and Junsu at Movie ‘Advertisement: Dangerous Rumors’ VIP Premiere by Top Star NewsFebruary 14, 2014 · rilanna

Note: ‘Advertisement: Dangerous Rumors’ is a new film starring Park Sung Woong, who is also in C-JeS Entertainment.

Source: TopStarNews

Shared by JYJ3