2008 M B C Drama Awards

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest kdramafanusa

Thanks for the news...hope she accepts. She's more of a host in early part of her career and also hosted beauty contests. looking foward :)

Hi Rafaelle, I believe she's confirmed as the MC. :)

Han JiHye - Choi JungWon - Han YeSeul, Drama Awards MC (MBC, KBS, SBS)

20081212112508532.jpg

http://media.daum.net/entertain/broadcast/...8&p=mydaily

Shin DongYeob - Han JiHye, '2008 MBC Drama Awards' MC

20081212102107915.jpg

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rafaelle, I believe she's confirmed as the MC. :)

Han JiHye - Choi JungWon - Han YeSeul, Drama Awards MC (MBC, KBS, SBS)

http://photo-media.daum-img.net/200812/12/...12112508532.jpg

that's great :) and WOW..pretty ladies to host the awards of different TV stations... I can't wait for the official nominee list.

My bet

DAESANG - Kim Myung Min - Beethoven Virus

Top Excellence - Male

1. Kim Myung Min - Beethoven Virus

5. Jo Jae Hyun - New Heart

Top Excellence - Female

4. Oh Yeon Soo - Bittersweet Life

5. Choi Jin Shil - Last Scandal of My LIfe

Excellence - Male

3. Lee Dong Wook - Bittersweet Life

5. Ji Sung - New Heart

Excellence - Female

1. Kim Min Jung - New Heart

4. Han Ji Hye - East of Eden

Internet Popularity Award - Male

1. Kim Myung Min - BV

2. Song Seung Heun - East of Eden

Internet Popularity Award - Female

3. Son Ye-jin - Spotlight i support SYJ. she is korea sweetheart and she often wins popular vote.love her^^

6. Lee Ji Ah- Beethoven Virus

Best Couple

1. Kim Myung Min - Lee Ji Ah - BV

4. Jung Jun Ho - Choi Jin Shil - Last Scandal of My Life

Best Drama - Audience Vote

4. 에덴의 동쪽 伊甸园之东 East of Eden

Guest piano_lady

Reposting from KMM thread...

Original article here: http://sky.saramin.co.kr/zboard/view.php?i...ab&no=32392

MBC연기대상 '김명민-송승헌-이서진' 3파전

그러나 MBC 드라마국 관계자는 "많은 이들이 송승헌과 김명민에 주목 하고 있지만, 상반기를 이끌어 온 '이산'의 이서진 역시 무시할 수 없는 막강 후보"라고 전하며 연말 연기대상이 3파전이 될 것이라 예상했다.

However, MBC Drama Dep. official expects that MBC Drama awards 2008 is going to be a triangular contest. The official says that "Although many people pay attention to SSH and KMM, ISJ is also one of heavyweight contenders for the awards."

우선 가장 많은 이들의 지지를 받고 있는 이가 바로 '베토벤 바이러스'의 '강마에' 김명민이다. 더욱이 김명민은 지난해 '하얀거탑'으로 자신만의 캐릭터를 선보이며 시청자들의 호응을 받았으나, '태왕사신기' 배용준에 밀려 대상 자리를 내줘야만 했다.

First, it is KMM(BV) that has the support of many people. Although KMM got much response for his own character in WT last year, he had to hand it over to BYJ.

그러나 올해 김명민은 '베토벤 바이러스'를 통해 막강한 두 후보였던 두 사극 KBS 2TV '바람의 나라'와 SBS '바람의 화원'을 밀어내고 수목 드라마 1위 자리를 지켜내며 전국에 '강마에' 열풍을 몰고 온바 있어 올해에는 대상을 기대하고 있다.

However, he hopes to receive a MBC Drama "Grand Prize" this year, since he brought about "KangMae Syndrome", winning more audience ratings compared to Painters of the Wind(SBS) and The Land of Wind(KBS 2TV).

'에덴의 동쪽' 송승헌 역시 무시할 수 없다. 송승헌은 지난 상반기 무너진 MBC 드라마 왕국의 자존심을 지키며 부활을 이끌어 낸 인물이기 때문에 드라마국의 지지를 받고 있다.

SSH is another strong rival(East of Eden). He is highly supported by MBC Drama Dep. because he has successfully revived the golden age of MBC Drama.

이에 대해 한 드라마국 관계자는 "만약 한류스타 송승헌이 없었다면 어려운 경제 위기 속에 '에덴의 동쪽' 제작비인 250억원을 투자 받는 것이 어려웠을 것"이라며 "특히 '에덴의 동쪽'은 50회의 긴 드라마이고, 송승헌이 아직도 끌어가야 할 부분이 많기 때문에 아무래도 송승헌을 무시할 수 없다."고 설명했다.

As for this, one of the MBC Drama Dep. official says, " Had it not been for SSH, it would have been extremely difficult for us to attract 25billion won, which is production cost of East of Eden. We cannot ignore him since East of Eden is a long drama with 50 episodes and SSH has a long way to go with the drama.

그러나 이 관계자는 "어떠한 경우에 있어서도 공정성을 잃지 않고 수상자를 선정할 것"이라고 답해 이들 3파전이 어떤 결과를 낳을지에 대한 궁금증을 자아냈다.

However, the official raised viewer's curiosity about the winner of the awards, saying "Whichever the case may be, we will choose the winner of the prize."

한편 지난해 대상을 차지한 배우 배용준이 시상식에 시상자로 참석할 것으로 알려지면서 MBC 2008 연기대상은 국내를 넘어 아시아의 관심을 받고 있다.

Meanwhile, the fact that Bae Young Jun, the last winner of the "Grand Prize" is going to attend the ceremony as a presenter, makes MBC Drama Awards draw people's attention across the country.

서울신문NTN 서미연 기자 miyoun@seoulntn.co.kr

KMM aka Kang Mae for the Daesang!

ddongtongoeri.jpg

from http://cafe.daum.net/myungminlove

Guest kdramafanusa

^ Picture that came with this article

MBC Drama Awards: Kim Myung Min - Song Seung Heon - Lee Seo Jin

ssi20081209101756v11de6hu6.jpg

http://nownews.seoul.co.kr/news/newsView.p...=20081209603004

Lee Seo Jin is the actor of "Yi San" which is MBC's highest rated drama of 2008. It averaged more than 30% in ratings, several episodes almost hit 40%.

HIGHEST RATED TV DRAMAS OF 2008 (2008.01.01 ~ 2008.06.30)

[AGB Nielsen Media Research]

RANK / TITLE / NETWORK / AVERAGED NATIONWIDE RATING

1. I Hate You But It's Fine <미우나고우나> / Likable Or Not (E) (KBS1) - 39.7%

- Han Ji-hye, Kim Ji-seok, Jo Dong-hyuk, Yoo In-young, Lee Young-eun, Lee Joong-moon

2. Yi San <이산> / Lee San, Wind Of The Palace (E) (MBC) - 30.4%

- Lee Seo-jin, Han Ji-min, Lee Soon-jae, Jo Yeon-woo, Lee Jong-soo, Sung Hyun-ah, Park Eun-hye

3. New Heart <뉴하트> / New Heart (E) (MBC) - 26.1%

- Ji Sung, Kim Min-jung, Jo Jae-hyun, Lee Ji-hoon

Looks like "Yi San" will be included in 2008 MBC Drama Awards. It was on air for 6 months this year.

Guest piano_lady

^ Picture that came with this article

MBC Drama Awards: Kim Myung Min - Song Seung Heon - Lee Seo Jin

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/4264/ss...56v11de6hu6.jpg

http://nownews.seoul.co.kr/news/newsView.p...=20081209603004

Lee Seo Jin is the actor of "Yi San" (MBC's highest drama of 2008).

Looks like "Yi San" will be included in 2008 MBC Drama Awards. It was on air for 6 months this year....

I earlier thought that Yi San is out...

I did watch but I stopped (not even) half-way :vicx:

Guest kdramafanusa

I earlier thought that Yi San is out...

I did watch but I stopped (not even) half-way :vicx:

A lot of us didn't expect to see "Yi San" this year since it was included in MBC Drama Awards 2007.

"Jumong" was #1 in ratings for both 2006 and 2007, but it only participated in MBC Drama Awards 2006; it was on air for 3 months in 2007. "Yi San" ran for 6 months in 2008, I guess it made sense to see it here.

Anyway, "Yi San" did get high ratings this year for MBC. "New Heart" did better in ratings than "East Of Eden" (averaged about 21% ~ 22%), but SSH's power as as Korean Wave star helps them recoup some of their 25 billion production cost by getting the drama sold to foreign countries like Japan, etc.

To be honest, I'm not surprised. Like I said a few days ago "It's known that these year-end drama award shows from individual network is never truly fair; it's not always a measure of acting skill & quality. Networks tend to award shows that bring in high numbers/profits."

In my opinion, SSH's acting is weaker than both LSJ & KMM.

Before throwing rotten eggs at me or accusing me of so & so just because KMM is my pick for DaeSang & Top Excellence, I'm not a SSH basher (a lot of you know that) & I like LSJ since "Damo".

A lot of us didn't expect to see "Yi San" this year since it was included in MBC Drama Awards 2007.

"Jumong" was #1 in ratings for both 2006 and 2007, but it only participated in MBC Drama Awards 2006; it was on air for 3 months in 2007. "Yi San" ran for 6 months in 2008, I guess it made sense to see it here.

Anyway, "Yi San" did get high ratings this year for MBC. "New Heart" did better in ratings than "East Of Eden" (averaged about 21% ~ 22%), but SSH's power as as Korean Wave star helps them recoup some of their 25 billion production cost by getting the drama sold to foreign countries like Japan, etc.

To be honest, I'm not surprised. Like I said a few days ago "It's known that these year-end drama award shows from individual network is never truly fair; it's not always a measure of acting skill & quality. Networks tend to award shows that bring in high numbers/profits."

In my opinion, SSH's acting is weaker than both LSJ & KMM.

Before throwing rotten eggs at me or accusing me of so & so just because KMM is my pick for DaeSang & Top Excellence, I'm not a SSH basher (a lot of you know that) & I like LSJ since "Damo".

I really doubt LSJ will make his appearance for the MBC award, likely still avoiding the media over his pte affair.

That left SSH to compete with KMM, and reading the article..... one can already tell SSH will either win the Top Excellence award or Daesang due to his strong investor influence.

Just my personal opinion, ( hope SSH /LSJ fans will not over react) KMM is still a class ahead of these 2, in terms of acting skill. Otherwise media will not termed KMM as "National Actor".

I wish MBC may change their criteria of selection but $$$ still counts end of the day to them.

I also believe that year end awards of the broadcasting stations sometimes becomes a popularity contest, or they thank the actors that helped them get a huge amount of ratings...not all MBC dramas are big hits this year, the only ones that I can remember that got good ratings are New Heart, Yisan, Last Scandal, East of Eden and Beethoven Virus while some of their dramas became netizen favorites like La Dolce Vita

I just hope that we'll all be happy with the up and coming nomination and will not let us lead to disappointment

^ Yes I believe so. Being an MC doesn't bar one from being nominated.. LDH won Female Excellence in the KBS Awards last year and she was also the host of the awards. Don't think it'd affect HJH's chances of being nominated or getting an award..

SSH so far is no where near KMM or even LSJ in terms of acting skills IMO. If they don't reward Kim Myung Min, I'll go crazy! :crazy: He's both Top Excellence and Dae Sang material for sure..

Guest luthien

^^ That's a relief! Yes, I agree with KMM being obviously on a different level than LSJ and SSH. I haven't watched Yi San, but I've seen other dramas by LSJ. Even in those earlier dramas, I'm more impressed with him than SSH. Anyway, I just hope KMM will be honored for his talent, otherwise it'd be such a shame.

Guest kdramafanusa

*** Nominee List ***

DAESANG / GRAND PRIZE (대상)

chosen from Top Excellence Award nominees

TOP EXCELLENCE AWARD (최우수상)

Actor 남자:

Kim Myung-Min 김명민 (Beethoven Virus)

Song Seung-Heon 송승헌 (East Of Eden)

Jung Joon-Ho 정준호 (Last Scandal)

Jo Jae-Hyun 조재현 (New Heart)

Actress 여자:

Kim Sun-Ah 김선아 (Every Night / Night After Night)

Bae Jong-Ok 배종옥 (Heavenly Beauty, Park Jung-Geum)

Lee Mi-Sook 이미숙 (East Of Eden)

Choi Jin-Shil 최진실 (Last Scandal)

EXCELLENCE AWARD (우수상)

Actor 남자:

Lee Dong-Gun 이동건 (Every Night / Night After Night)

Jo Min-Ki 조민기 (East Of Eden)

Ji Sung 지성 (New Heart)

Cha Tae-Hyun 차태현 (General Hospital 2)

Actress 여자:

Moon So-Ri 문소리 (Golden Age Of My Life)

Lee Da-Hae 이다해 (East Of Eden)

Lee Ji-Ah 이지아 (Beethoven Virus)

Han Ji-Hye 한지혜 (East Of Eden)

NEWCOMER AWARD (신인상)

Actor 남자:

Park Hae-Jin 박해진 (East Of Eden)

Shin Sung-Rok 신성록 (Golden Age Of My Life)

Yoon Sang-Hyun 윤상현 (The Secret Of Coocoo Island)

Jang Geun-Seok 장근석 (Beethoven Virus)

Actress 여자:

Ara 아라 (Who Are You?)

Lee So-Yeon 이소연 (Golden Age Of My Life)

Lee Yeon-Hee 이연희 (East Of Eden)

Hyun Jyu-Ni 현쥬니 (Beethoven Virus)

NETIZEN AWARDS

POPULARITY AWARD (인기상)

Actor 남자:

Kim Myung-Min 김명민

Song Seung-Heon 송승헌

Lee Dong-Gun 이동건

Jang Geun-Seok 장근석

Ji Sung 지성

Cha Tae-Hyun 차태현

Actress 여자:

Kim Min-Jung 김민정

Kim Sun-Ah 김선아

Kim Jung-Eun 김정은

Son Ye-Jin 손예진

Lee Yeon-Hee 이연희

Lee Ji-Ah 이지아

BEST COUPLE AWARD (베스트 커플상)

Song Seung-Heon & Lee Yeon-Hee 『송승헌·이연희』

Kim Myung-Min & Lee Ji-Ah『김명민·이지아』

Choi Jin-Shil & Jung Joon-Ho『최진실·정준호』

Lee Dong-Wook & Oh Yeon-Soo『이동욱·오연수』

Ji Sung & Kim Min-Jung『지성·김민정』

Kim Sun-Ah & Lee Dong-Gun『김선아·이동건』

DRAMA AWARD (올해 드라마상)

New Heart『뉴하트』

Last Scandal『내 생애 마지막 스캔들』

Beethoven Virus『베토벤 바이러스』

East Of Eden『에덴의 동쪽』

20081215113408601.jpg

2008121511204109873_1.jpg

Top Excellence Nominees

Male: Kim Myung-Min, Song Seung-Heon, Jung Joon-Ho, Jo Jae-Hyun

Female: Kim Sun-Ah, Lee Mi-Sook, Choi Jin-Shil, Bae Jong-Ok

1229308514781_2.jpg

Source: Newsen | PD Journal |

*** Nominee List *** [space Holder]

thanks so much "H"....my fave couple LDG & Han Ji Hye are both nominated...I hope there will be not much media "circus" about them being seen in same event for the first time since break up. understandable they will catch attention if LDG will attend..just hoping not too much. I'm happy both are nominated and I hope both of them win.

Guest luthien

^^ 2nd. I'm so relieved HJH and PHJ got nominated!!! Okay, and LDG too.

Thanks H for the info :D . Now it's gonna be nerve-wracking waiting for the awards night. I gotta watch this one live.

Thank you kdramafanusa for the nominee list!

I'm glad most of the East of Eden cast are in the list, only Yeon Jung Hoon didn't make it... :(

Good luck to all of them~ :)

Happy to see Lee Da Hae as one of the nominee for EXCELLENCE AWARD (Actress), but don't she'll win since she's up against Han Ji Hye and Moon So Ri...

Guest arinkorin

thanks kdramafanusa for the official list.

a lot of EoE casts are being nominated, including JMK and YCH, but no YJH?

it's understandable, but still, being the only one out of the 6 to not be nominated is T_____T

I'm rooting for SSH-LYH for the best couple award!

Archived