2008 M B C Drama Awards

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest imogene_af

if it's Oh Seung Ah, she will never share the award either with KMM or SSH... :lol:

Someone shoulda walked out OSA style! LOL. I love OSA.

Anyway, I'm bummed that Kim Bum didn't get ANY recognition in EoE when he was no doubt the best young actor in there. Not even a token award of sorts.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kdramafanusa

Can someone complete this chart so that we have a final list of the winners?

Did Choi Jin-sil, Jeong Jun-ho, or Last Scandal win anything?

Choi Jin-Shil won Achievement Award.

I will post the full list soon......

DAESANG / GRAND PRIZE (대상)

Kim Myung-Min (Beethoven Virus)

Song Seung-Heon (East Of Eden)

TOP EXCELLENCE AWARD (최우수상)

Actor 남자: Jo Jae-Hyun (New Heart), Jung Joon-Ho (Last Scandal)

Actress 여자: Bae Jong-Ok (Heavenly Beauty PJG), Lee Mi-Sook (East Of Eden)

EXCELLENCE AWARD (우수상)

Actor 남자: Jo Min-Ki (East Of Eden), Lee Dong-Gun (Night After Night / Every Night)

Actress 여자: Han Ji-Hye (East Of Eden), Moon So-Ri (Golden Period Of My Life)

NEWCOMER AWARD (신인상)

Actor 남자: Park Hae-Jin (East Of Eden), Jang Geun-Seok (Beethoven Virus)

Actress 여자: Lee So-Yeon (Golden Period Of My Life), Lee Yeon-Hee (East Of Eden)

NETIZEN AWARDS

POPULARITY AWARD (인기상)

Actor 남자: Song Seung-Heon (East Of Eden)

Actress 여자: Lee Yeon-Hee (East Of Eden)

BEST COUPLE AWARD (베스트 커플상)

Song Seung-Heon & Lee Yeon-Hee (East Of Eden)

DRAMA AWARD (올해 드라마상) -- SMS

Beethoven Virus

quite disappointing for the Daesung to be shared..

n its not even between an actor and actress...

its jus another way of saying everyone who has attended the ceremony shouldnt go home empty handed.

certainly diminished the significance of the award to an extent.

nevertheless.. still congrats to all the winners tonite

hopefully the same thing doesnt happen on KBS tomorrow.

absolutelly it wont happen..i think hehe

KBS usually share awards in all nominations axcept daesang..

Guest Hanneebuff

It was my first time watching the MBC Awards and I could only say what the heck! why do some awards have two winners even the major one which is the daesang? How indecisive those judges are. If they wanted to please the fans by giving away awards to all of the winners, then go on but they just lost their credibility.

Congratulations to all the winners most especially to KMM.

Guest valley girl

I feel sad for KMM. He was insulted for having his award shared with SSH. Demoted.

i feel the same like you feel

i hope he won baeksang for best actor it won't be share right ???

Guest Thoven_Virus

i'm agree with what Hanneebuff said...

poor KMM' ve to share with SSH

but don't give up !

we still have baeksang awards

hope KMM can get the excelent one

and congratulation for all winners especially KMM :lol:

This is the very 1st time in MBC Drama Awards history with 2 Grand Prize winners, I really don't like it. What if this were to happen again & again in the future?

Like Shirley mentioned earlier, there were only 1 winner in Top Excellence and Excellence categories in 2003.

In 2004, MBC started giving out 2 awards each, it became the norm since. Golden Acting Award (in various categories) was added last year. It's gotten too easy, isn't it? Everyone gets a prize for showing up. Most of us have forgotten that Grand Prize and Top Excellence Award can be won by the same star (Kim Sun-Ah & Song Il-Kook in 2005 and 2006 for "My Name Is Kim Sam-Soon" and "Jumong") since MBC rather goes with more winners.

to my understanding SBS still giving one WINNER for each category and gives out SHARED DAE SANG to those who really deserve the DAE SANG i.e PSY and Kim Hee Ae because they both gave an excellent performance in their respective dramas...

that was why when i watched MBC Award for the first time last year i was surprised that there are two winners for each category.

however, with SBS they usually put several nomination for a particular actress/actor and sometimes it is already giving them the hint which award they will win.

why wouldn't they just give the awards away instead of mentioning the names of the nominees... :sweatingbullets:

i am thinking MBC was forced to give the DAE SANG to KMM also because LSJ has not come back to Korea to present the EXCELLENT ACTOR award with Yoon Eun Hye...had LSJ agreed to appear, who knows KMM might STILL not be given the DAE SANG again as it seems DAE SANG is based on rating and acting is just a plus...it could be given to Jo Jae Hyun and SSH instead...

well just my analysis...

Guest jess_gallen

Lee Ji Ah is so pretty at the ceremony :rolleyes:

I am a little disappointed that she doesn't win the popularity or the best actress adwards. But I always support her!!!

Congrats to SSH !!!!

Just a question: Are Lee Ji Ah and Bae Yong Joon the presenters of the best couple adward ?

Guest valley girl

to my understand SBS still giving one WINNER for each category and gives out SHARED DAE SANG to those who really deserve the DAE SANG i.e PSY and Kim Hee Ae because they both gave an excellent performance in their respective dramas...

that was why when i watched MBC Award for the first time last year i was surprised that there are two winners for each category.

however, with SBS they usually put several nomination for a particular actress/actor and sometimes it is already giving them the hint which award they will win.

why would they just give the awards away instead of mentioning the names of the nominees... :sweatingbullets:

PSY + KHA no doubt about them it's ok to share daesang if in This Type case

No one might be complaint For that case

KMM Got 3 awards ~ outside MBC Because BV make me Feel sad he has to share his daesang.

PSY + KHA no doubt about them it's ok to share daesang if in This Type case

No one might be complaint For that case

KMM Got 3 awards ~ outside MBC Because BV make me Feel sad he has to share his daesang.

last year he didn't win DAE SANG although there was a buzz he might win it. because as many who followed him in WHITE TOWER he gave an excellent performance...but since WT didn't rate as high as LEGEND, Bae Yong Joon took DAE SANG...

do you think if WAR OF MONEY didn't rate as high as MY MAN'S WOMAN, PSY will be awarded DAE SANG? i don't think so...

DAE SANG are based on rating of the series and great acting is just a plus...

Kim Hee Ae was beaten by Yoon Eun Hye at Baek Sang when KHA won DAE SANG while YEH only won EXCELLENT ACTRESS Award at MBC Drama Awards.

Guest valley girl

last year he didn't win DAE SANG although there was a buzz he might win it. because as many who followed him in WHITE TOWER he gave an excellent performance...but since WT didn't rate as high as LEGEND, Bae Yong Joon took DAE SANG...

do you think if WAR OF MONEY didn't rate as high as MY MAN'S WOMAN, PSY will be awarded DAE SANG? i don't think so...

Kim Hee Ae was beaten by Yoon Eun Hye at Baek Sang when KHA won DAE SANG while YEH only won EXCELLENT ACTRESS Award at MBC Drama Awards.

i am so surprise YEH won Baeksang actually but at least she's better in Coffee prince than Goong. Then both did great job and they deserved to get awards anyway seems all ppl won awards kkkk

i am thinking MBC was forced to give the DAE SANG to KMM also because LSJ has not come back to Korea to present the EXCELLENT ACTOR award with Yoon Eun Hye...had LSJ agreed to appear, who knows KMM will STILL not be given the DAE SANG again as it seems DAE SANG based on rating and acting is just a plus...it could be given to Jo Jae Hyun and SSH instead...

well just my analysis...

gosh , you just murdered the daesang again .How can it be determined by if LSJ will appear to present the award or not and MBC was forced to give the award to KKM >>> ! this is totally off .! the daesang is not a toy to be play around like this .

the daesang should be base on overall contribution of ratings and acting . if you only based it on ratings then we might as well called it the TOP RATING OF THE YEAR .and just take it from TNS / AGB ..why do we even bothered to anticipate . a daesang winner should generally be considered as one with the acting talent plus the drawing power.

if last year was your first year of MBC awards , then i can answer your question of why is there two winners for each category . this terrible tradition begin in the year of 2004 , somehow MBC cant make up their mind and didnt want to disappoint too many ppl . so they design this brilliant way of sharing the awards

and they think it was such a nice idea , they continue it till today . as to what is the logic no one knows . MBC think it is okay ..so it stays. tehy are the one paying for the awards ..so if they are happy they give it

oh ya there used to be a time when SBS doesnt give out TEN newcomer award .but they also decide suddenly one year .they cannot afford to make all the nominnes disappointed .so they give everyone a prize and tata , you have it ...now they have like ten newcomer awards ?

as to if Park Shin yang will get the daesang if War of Money didnt get the ratings .welll let face it ,if it is not Park Shin yang ..acting will War of Money get that rating ??

yupz..totally agree with you shulien..

thats what i saw too..

i am so surprise YEH won Baeksang actually but at least she's better in Coffee prince than Goong. Then both did great job and they deserved to get awards anyway seems all ppl won awards kkkk

this station awards are just laughable...the basis of the winners especially of the DAE SANG is the rating...whichever series rated the highest among the series shown by a particular station whoever leads it will win DAE SANG...

i am betting that SBS DAE SANG will go to the lead actress of FIRST WIVES CLUB or LEE JOON KI.

IL JI MAE successfully reached 30% during its airing and ON AIR despite being very popular may only get the other awards.

KHN performance in ON AIR may not even give her a shot to winning the DAE SANG...

Guest valley girl

this station awards are just laughable...the basis of the winner especially of the DAE SANG is the rating...whichever series rated the highest among the series shown by a particular station whoever leads it will win DAE SANG...

i am betting that SBS DAE SANG will go to the lead actress of FIRST WIVES CLUB or LEE JOON KI.

IL JI MAE successfully reached 30% during its airing and ON AIR despite being very popular may only get the other awards.

Calm down shulien kkkkkk!!! i am so disappointed especially many things that happened on this year.

gosh , you just murdered the daesang again .How can it be determined by if LSJ will appear to present the award or not ! this is totally off .! the daesang is not a toy to be play around like this .

the daesang should be base on overall contribution of ratings and acting . if you only based it on ratings then we might as well called it the TOP RATING OF THE YEAR .and just take it from TNS / AGB ..why do we even bothered to anticipate . a daesang winner should generally be considered as one with the acting talent plus the drawing power.

if last year was your first year of MBC awards , then i can answer your question of why is there two winners for each category . this terrible tradition begin in the year of 2004 , somehow MBC cant make up their mind and didnt want to disappoint too many ppl . so they design this brilliant way of sharing the awards

and they think it was such a nice idea , they continue it till today . as to what is the logic no one knows . MBC think it is okay ..so it stays. tehy are the one paying for the awards ..so if they are happy they give it

oh ya there used to be a time when SBS doesnt give out TEN newcomer award .but they also decide suddenly one year .they cannot afford to make all the nominnes disappointed .so they give everyone a prize and tata , you have it ...now they have like ten newcomer awards ?

i know you may not like what i said, but can you name a PARTICULAR WINNER who won DAE SANG for his/her brilliant performance despite low rating? people will argue that of course if the acting is great there will be more people watching the drama...but how come BEETHOVEN VIRUS despite KMM wonderful performance cannot attract audience as many as East of Eden when in fact SSH is not even at par KMM's acting...

when i am looking at past winners, they are given DAE SANG based on rating and not on acting...

and if Lee Seo Jin really decided to present the award, i doubt KMM will be present again...because he will not be given the DAE SANG.

you see just like many who watched BV and followed EOE, i can tell who deserves most that DAE SANG and it is KMM.

his performance in BV was really brilliant, that i was always in awe of him in each episode. i didn't see KMM in every episode, i was seeing a real maestro, a musical genuis whose temper i could not fathom. i am also a SSH fan, am i happy SSH won the DAE SANG? i would be happier if he won EXCELLENT ACTOR Award.

i know you may not like what i said, but can you name a PARTICULAR WINNER who won DAE SANG for his/her brillian performance despite low rating? people will argue that of course if the acting is great there will be more people watching the drama...but how come BEETHOVEN VIRUS despite KMM wonderful performance cannot attract audience as many as East of Eden when in fact SSH is not even at par KMM's acting...

when i am looking at past winners, they are given DAE SANG based on rating and not on acting...

and if Lee Seo Jin really decided to present the award, i doubt KMM will be present again...because he will not be given the DAE SANG.

Go Do Shim for More Beautiful then FLowers for 2004 KBS daesang award

ya right , KMM daesang depend on LSJ if he want to attend ..you make sense , i dun.

okay i give up.

Guest kdramafanusa

~ 2008 MBC Drama Awards Winner List ~

DAESANG / GRAND PRIZE

Kim Myung-Min (Beethoven Virus)

Song Seung-Heon (East Of Eden)

MALE TOP EXCELLENCE AWARD

Jung Joon-Ho (Last Scandal)

Jo Jae-Hyun (New Heart)

FEMALE TOP EXCELLENCE AWARD

Bae Jong-Ok (Heavenly Beauty Park Jung-Geum)

Lee Mi-Sook (East Of Eden)

MALE EXCELLENCE AWARD

Lee Dong-Gun (Night After Night / Every Night)

Jo Min-Ki (East Of Eden)

FEMALE EXCELLENCE AWARD

Moon So-Ri (Golden Age Of My Life)

Han Ji-Hye (East Of Eden)

MALE NEWCOMER AWARD

Park Hae-Jin (East Of Eden)

Jang Geun-Seok (Beethoven Virus)

FEMALE NEWCOMER AWARD

Lee So-Yeon (Golden Age Of My Life)

Lee Yeon-Hee (East Of Eden)

RADIO TOP EXCELLENCE AWARD

Lee Moon-Sae

RADIO EXCELLENCE AWARD

Kang Seok-Woo

Kang In

RADIO NEWCOMER AWARD

Kim Shin-Young

DRAMA (SMS)

Beethoven Virus

BEST COUPLE AWARD (netizen)

Song Seung-Heon & Lee Yeon-Hee

POPULARITY AWARD (netizen)

Song Seung-Heon / Lee Yeon-Hee

PD AWARD

Lee Soon-Jae (Beethoven Virus)

Yeon Jung-Hoon (East Of Eden)

CHILD STAR AWARD

Nam Ji-Hyun, Park Gun-Tae, Shin Dong-Woo (East Of Eden)

GOLDEN ACTING AWARD - MINISERIES

Ji Sung (New Heart)

Kim Min-Jung (New Heart)

GOLDEN ACTING AWARD - SERIAL DRAMA

Park Geun-Hyung (Heavenly Beauty Park Jung-Geum / East Of Eden)

Hong Eun-Hee (Do Not Hesitate)

GOLDEN ACTING AWARD - SUPPORTING ACTORS

Park Cheol-Min (New Heart / Beethoven Virus)

Shin Eun-Jung (East Of Eden)

GOLDEN ACTING AWARD - SENIOR

Yoo Dong-Geun (East Of Eden)

Song Ok-Sook (Beethoven Virus)

SPECIAL AWARD

TV: PD category Lee Jae-Gu, announcer category Lee Jae-Yong / Choi Yoon-Young, voice category Kim Ho-Sung / Jong Nam

Radio: Eugene (reporter category), Kim Kang-San(voice)

WRITER CATEGORY

TV: Na Yeon-Sook (East Of Eden), Hong Jin-Ah & Hong Ja-Ram (Beethoven Virus), Kim Eun-Hee (MBC special)

Radio: Kim Shin-Wook

ACHIEVEMENT AWARD

TV: Choi Jin-Shil

Radio: Sweet Sorrow

FAMILY AWARD

drama 'I Love You, Don't Cry / Don't Cry My Love' team

Source: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/event/200...nner/index.html

Archived