2008 M B C Drama Awards

Guest kdramafanusa

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest edenlove

Well... because clearly just one of them did deserve it, if you go by acting skills...

If it is clearly by acting skills, KMM should have won it last year.

really Weird i hope Kim Myoung min won in baeksang PLease noone doubt his Acting Skill

i believe he'll win that award no doubt!!

the sharing of DS between KMM and SSH was MBC's way of appeasing the fan base of SSH...just to plainly make them happy!! can't really be more obvious than that :sweatingbullets::lol:

Guest Richard_62

yeah at least we know who WOn For Real acting ,

But i am Happy KMM won Daesang

anyway who Won congratulation

Precisely, Daesang award is supposedly to be prestigious and by giving 2 daesang award.....it undermines the aura of Daesang. Kim Myung Min we knew you are the best and the better actor.....

I am very surprised that they gave Daesang to two actors because that's a slap in the face to previous "losers" of the award because now they're probably wondering if they could have won if two awards were given out each year. Giving out two awards would not be such a big deal if there were two very exceptional performances this year but there wasn't. KMM was good but definitely not up to par with his White Tower performance. Out of all the actors, his performance was still the best this year. SSH's performance wasn't that exceptional and I believe that a lot of his male co-stars in EoE outshone him, including the newcomers Kim Bum and Park Hae Jin. I know it's all about profits and popularity but I do wish that merit would rise above such petty politics.

Many members have been mentioning this drama.. must be good...
lol at the first episode actress Oh Seung Ah refused to accept the award since she had to share it with someone else. you should watch it if you like korean dramas.

lol if KMM just felt the same way OSA did.. no doubt he would have walked out as well.. and us fans would be applauding him. HJH (or more like BYJ) would be sticking out his butt while giving the award as KMM leaves lol.

Guest luthien

^^ totally bummed Kim Bum didn't get any honor when he established DC's character in the very beginning. Personally, I love his DC more.

Guest purplecrocus

Many members have been mentioning this drama.. must be good...

yes, it's good... :)

i watched it twice. just because of Oh Seung Ah... :P

Guest Mariposa28

congratulations to all winners

im soo happy LYH and SSH won, they deserve ^^ :wub: :wub:

congratulations to EOE

youppppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Guest purplecrocus

lol at the first episode actress Oh Seung Ah refused to accept the award since she had to share it with someone else. you should watch it if you like korean dramas.

lol if KMM just felt the same way OSA did.. no doubt he would have walked out as well.. and us fans would be applauding him. HJH (or more like BYJ) would be sticking out his butt while giving the award as KMM leaves lol.

if it's Oh Seung Ah, she will never share the award either with KMM or SSH... :lol:

Guest edenlove

the sharing of DS between KMM and SSH was MBC's way of appeasing the fan base of SSH...just to plainly make them happy!!

SSH won for his popularity (Hallyu star just like BYJ) as well as his improved acting skills.

Fans put their efforts in the voting.

Guest valley girl

If it is clearly by acting skills, KMM should have won it last year.

he won for white Tower + he Won in Baeksang Actually no one Doubt KMM acting skill

although i am a SSH fan, i am not happy he won DAE SANG...

KMM deserves the DAE SANG by himself alone...i watched BEETHOVEN VIRUS and he really gave an excellent performance for a series that is not even on 20%...he was very convincing as Maesto Kang...

anyway, station awards to me are just plain consolation prizes to actors/actresses who are working hard in their dramas.

who is not giving their best really. but ratings of their dramas will guarantee them a consolation trophy for their effort...

BAEK SANG is one thing i can consider with credibility as it will be given to only one who deserved the most the award aside from the fact it will be competed by the 3 major stations.

there are those who won this and that award in their respective station awards and yet only one trully deserves the BEST ACTOR/ACTRESS AWARD at BAEK SANG. no need to share it.

Guest kdramafanusa

such ironic for me reminds me in previous year while there are 2 outstanding Actor in nominee they only pic one Wow

is this year just Exception???

This is the very 1st time in MBC Drama Awards history with 2 Grand Prize winners, I really don't like it. What if this were to happen again & again in the future?

Like Shirley mentioned earlier, there were only 1 winner in Top Excellence and Excellence categories in 2003.

In 2004, MBC started giving out 2 awards each, it became the norm since. Golden Acting Award (in various categories) was added last year. It's gotten too easy, isn't it? Everyone gets a prize for showing up. Most of us have forgotten that Grand Prize and Top Excellence Award can be won by the same star (Kim Sun-Ah & Song Il-Kook in 2005 and 2006 for "My Name Is Kim Sam-Soon" and "Jumong") since MBC rather goes with more winners.

Anyhow....Congrats to all the winners...Thanks for the company everyone.

Maybe we'll meet up in KBS & SBS Drama Awards threads tomorrow? If not, I'm sure we'll see each other around on Soompi. Cheers~

Happy New Year. :)

kdramafanusa, u saw the short list of nominees below ?

Not complete bec the show now giving out prizes not listed.

◇2008 MBC연기대상 수상자 및 수상작 후보 리스트

▲최우수상 후보 남자= 김명민, 송승헌, 정준호, 조재현

▲최우수상 후보 여자= 김선아, 배종옥, 이미숙, 최진실

▲우수상 후보 남자=이동건, 조민기, 지성, 차태현

▲우수상 후보 여자= 문소리, 이다해, 이지아, 한지혜

▲신인상 후보 남자=박해진, 신성록, 윤상현, 장근석

▲신인상 후보 여자= 아라, 이소연, 이연희, 현쥬니

▲인기상 후보 남자=김명민, 송승헌, 이동건, 장근석, 지성, 차태현

▲인기상 후보 여자= 김민정, 김선아, 김정은, 손예진, 이연희, 이지아

▲베스트커플상 후보= 송승헌·이연희, 김명민·이지아, 최진실·정준호, 이동욱·오연수, 지성·김민정, 김선아·이동건.

▲ 대상 : ‘베토벤 바이러스’ 김명민, ‘에덴의 동쪽’ 송승헌

▲ 최우수상 남자 : ‘뉴하트’ 조재현, ‘내 생애 마지막 스캔들’ 정준호

▲ 최우수상 여자 : ‘에덴의 동쪽’ 이미숙. ‘천하일색 박정금’ 배종옥

▲ 우수상 남자 : ‘밤이면 밤마다’ 이동건, ‘에덴의 동쪽’ 조민기

▲ 우수상 여자 : ‘에덴의 동쪽’ 한지혜, ‘내 인생의 황금기’ 문소리

▲ 신인상 남자 : ‘에덴의 동쪽’ 박해진, ‘베토벤 바이러스’ 장근석

▲ 신인상 여자 : ‘내 인생의 황금기’ 이소연, ‘에덴의 동쪽’ 이연희

▲ 인기상 남자 : ‘에덴의 동쪽’ 송승헌

▲ 인기상 여자 : ‘에덴의 동쪽’ 이연희

▲ 황금연기상 미니시리즈 부문 : ‘뉴하트’ 지성, 김민정

▲ 황금연기상 연속극 부문 : ‘천하일색 박정금’ ‘에덴의 동쪽’ 박근형, ‘흔들리지마’ 홍은희

▲ 황금연기상 조연배우 부문 : ‘뉴하트’ ‘베토벤 바이러스’ 박철민, ‘에덴의 동쪽’ 신은경

▲ 황금연기상 중견배우 부문 : ‘에덴의 동쪽’ 유동근, ‘베토벤 바이러스’ 송옥숙

▲ 베스트 커플상 : ‘에덴의 동쪽’ 송승헌 이연희

▲ 올해 드라마상 : ‘베토벤 바이러스’

▲ 특별상 아역상 : ‘에덴의 동쪽’ 남지연, 박건태, 신동우

▲ 특별상 PD상 : ‘베토벤 바이러스’ 이순재, ‘에덴의 동쪽’ 연정훈

▲ 특별상 PD부문 : ‘베토벤 바이러스’ 이재규

▲ 특별상 아나운서부문 : ‘기분 좋은 날’ 이재용, ‘W’ 최윤영

▲ 특별상 성우부문 : 김호성, 정남

▲ 특별상 가족상 : ‘사랑해, 울지마’

▲ 올해의 작가상 : ‘에덴의 동쪽’ 나연숙, ‘베토벤 바이러스’ 홍진아, 홍자람, ‘MBC스페셜’ 김은희

▲ 공로상 : ‘내 생애 마지막 스캔들’ 고(故) 최진실

CB Link (Two Parts):

2008 M B C Drama Awards

thanks a lot, cute_girl!! :wub:

Guest RisingSun96815

Can someone complete this chart so that we have a final list of the winners?

DAESANG / GRAND PRIZE (대상)

TOP EXCELLENCE AWARD (최우수상)

Actor 남자:

Actress 여자:

EXCELLENCE AWARD (우수상)

Actor 남자:

Actress 여자:

NEWCOMER AWARD (신인상)

Actor 남자:

Actress 여자:

NETIZEN AWARDS

POPULARITY AWARD (인기상)

Actor 남자:

Actress 여자:

BEST COUPLE AWARD (베스트 커플상)

DRAMA AWARD (올해 드라마상)

Did Choi Jin-sil, Jeong Jun-ho, or Last Scandal win anything?

SSH won for his popularity (Hallyu star just like BYJ) as well as his improved acting skills.

Fans put their efforts in the voting.

SSH fan forum Honeylang in korea really went into active and get out the vote mode...so did his fan base in japan which is about 3 to 5 times in korea...

not to mention the thousands out side of those 2 countries.

Archived