Edward And Bella Or Landon And Jamie?

verona

Guest hiswendy

Landon & Jamie. Book-wise, movie-wise, story-wise. It really was just better all in all. For me, anyway. Why? Because yeindarrrling was right. Bella & Edward's relationship was based on... practically nothing. Their conversations went from "You're mysterious." "You're a vampire." "I love you." "I can't live without you." And a random "So what music do you like?" somewhere in there. That was pretty much it. I know I may have oversimplified, but you get what I mean. When my sister & her boyfriend finished watching the movie & we met up, the first thing she asked me was... "So, uh, why exactly did they fall madly in love with each other?" It's not even that it's too good to be true, but that it's ridiculous. And don't say I don't know what I'm talking about because I gave it a chance-- up to the third book.

As opposed to Landon & Jamie whose love story really shines. I'd say why but like, gad, it's basically their whole relationship. The way she changed him & helped him make amends with his family. The way he changed her & helped her not be scared of love & life. When she was dying & he wanted to help her achieve all of her dreams... Oh my God, it was all so beautiful. Even though it ended tragically, it was still beautiful & it left a deep impression. It was true love.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xl0v3juicy

I felt that there was more depth between Landon and Jamie compared to Edward and Bella. You guys can hate on me all you want, but I personally thought that Twilight was a terrible book. It had a potentially good storyline.. but you got to admit, Stephanie Meyer is a horrible writer. I honestly felt like I was going to snap if I read one more line about how hot/attractive/sexy/mind-blowing Edward is :wacko: . Not to mention it felt like I was reading a 16-year-old girl's blog / diary. Let's face it. Edward and Bella had a very shallow relationship... which is why it was hard for me to feel any sort of emotion for them.

Guest PrototypeStacy

Haha, I agree with the people before me.

Lol, and for the same reasons.

I haven't read neither of the book, but instead watched the movies.

But basing on the movies, I enjoyed A Walk to Remember a lot more than Twilight

The chemistry, acting and storyline of A Walk to Remember is way better than Twilight

I mean, Twilight...the acting was so stiff and I did not like the girl playing Bella...she annoyed the heck out of me.

For real.

Kristen Stewart cannot act.

I almost died when she kept rolling her eyes when it got emotional or something.

Very awkward.

Guest BattleRoyale

awwwww as much as i LOVE Edward and Bella i must say Jamie and Landon. It was just much more sweeter x] And Kristen didn't seem to capture emotions very well imo so i didn't feel it/believe it as much as A Walk to Remember. That is just one sweet lovely movie.

Guest ANG.7BD

Landon and Jamie definitely had more chemistry than Edward and Bella.

L&J had the sweet, heart breaking relationship. I think that's what really pulled me into reading the book.

both of the couple look awkward in the movie..

but if i have to choose.. i go with bella and edward.. a walk to remember movie bored me to tears..

the notebook chemistry is far more better..

why dont compare between the notebook and a walk to remember.. both novel come from the same author..

i think.. correct me if i'm wrong

Landon & Jamie's love story is DEFINITELY more touching; it was just pure, innocent love.

And like Kristen Stewart said in an interview, Bella & Edward share this more.. physiological NEED for each other. I don't really feel the actual love between the two. Mostly just sexual tension haha

yeahh definitely landon & jamie. they actually fell in love with each other. she changed him, he changed her. i agree with --thimbles. edward and bella...i dont even know how they fell in love. it was like on the first page, "i love him so much"..but why?

Landon and Jamie. The story and the characters are just more realistic. Yeah it's mushy. But it's just not as...sappy for me. They actually fell in love. To me, Edward and Bella just seem like...they're together just because. There's no actual sweetness in it. It's all dramatic and romantic but that isn't really love.

Guest x~Rin~x

Landon + Jamie all the way!!!!! :)

Bella and Ed are ok, but after awhile, it gets old seeing that their relationship is more like: father/daughter (or) protector/protected

I honestly loved Twilight to death, but I find A Walk to Remember so much deeper, and realistic. Ed & Bells are just too "perfect" in a way, while the Landon + Jamie couple is more more similar to what's happening in real life, except romantized.

so.... Landon + Jamie!!!! yay!!!

Guest loveex3

this is a tough one.

A Walk to Remember had me bawling my eyes out in the end. (book and movie)

i couldn't put the book down when i was reading Twilight.

Robert Pattinson is hot, but the acting / chemistry in A Walk to Remember beats Twilight.

and i like landon & jamie better.

Guest winterofdiscontent

I'm not sure... everyone's saying how Rob and Kristen didn't have much romantic chemistry between them, though I think that's mainly because their relationship was too rushed, in the books and in the movie.

Though I guess I'd pick Landon and Jamie, as their love story is more realistic, and they're really sweet together as well. :)

Guest x-prince

i never felt anything for a walk to remember. my friends all like cried and its like one of their fav movies or all time fav movies.

maybe i was just too young to understand, then again, my friends WERE the same age as me -_-

but i really love the romance and the type of love bella and edward shared. its secretly my fantasy of how i would like to fall in love. lol

my secret's out

and i love them vamps!

Guest forgottenmemories

Landon and Jamie. The movie actually got me to read the book, unlike "Twilight", I couldn't careless about it. I'll watch the movie, but I'm too lazy to read the saga. :lol:

And plus, Edward was too good to be true. There's no man in this world who is as perfect as him. Edward is too unrealistic. I liked Landon because he had his flaws. And A walk to remember's love story was bittersweet while Twilight had a mysterious/edgy feel to it. :lol:

What about Noah and Allie of "The Notebook"?? I liked their love story too. :mellow:

i bet there was no chemistry between bella and edward because the movie was so short.

There was no development of their love, that's why there's not much chemistry.

But honestly, i looove the Twilight pairing. (or maybe i just love edward wayy too much!)

Guest MULOAN

okay so i read all the twilight books, a walk to remember and watched both movies and i still say jamie and landon. am i the only one that thinks the twilight movie did as best as it could given that it had...twilight to work with? i thought the writers just sucked but one of them co wrote thirteen, and that was pretty good.

Archived