Edward And Bella Or Landon And Jamie?

verona

Guest honeybeat44

edward and bella were really cute together but their chemistry seem really forced

plus i prefer landon and jamie theirs was a lot more romantic

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Khikarugal

I love A Walk To Remember! It's such a romantic movie.

I choose

LANDON & JAMIE!!!

They seem like the more "romantic" type. ;)

Guest Chii-Chan

I haven't watched Twilight nor have I read the novel..

But I obsessed over A Walk To Remember for a few years.. So I'm going to have to say Jamie and Landon.

Even to this day, I'd have to say on-screen couples go to Noah and Allie from The Notebook and Jamie and Landon.

All characters from Nicholas Sparks novels.

I know this topic is super old but I just had to post how funny I think it is that people are saying that Bella and Edward (their love) are too unrealistic... uhhhh HELLO! It's a sci fi/fantasy book! Vampires, werewolves? Of COURSE it's unrealistic. What is unrealistic to me is a book showing two plain folks who fall in love and get married only to not spend their lives together (in a nutshell). Some of the repliers are saying that Bella and Edward harm themselves because the other is dead or thinks they're dead, but, Romeo and Juliet anyone? Anyone want to argue that is not one of the greatest love stories of all time? And those saying there was more movie chemistry between Landon and Jamie.... did we all watch the same movie?? Maybe it's the way Twilight was shot... (through the eyes of a director who focuses on teenage angst as opposed to fantasy) that turned people off to the acting/chemistry but I watched the movie fully conscious that it would be unrealistic and that made it enjoyable.

The better comparison would definitely be The Notebook and AWTR... same author, same style of writing. In which case I would absolutely choose The Notebook.

As far as the actual comparison goes, I choose Bella and Edward (obviously), their story is way more exciting and fun because it isn't realistic it's fantasy! I loved the book AWTR but the movie killlllled it for me. Plus, I read it when I was pretty young. I'm slightly jaded now. hah.

Guest Juliang

Movie wise, I actually enjoyed Twiight more than A Walk to Remember (in terms of entertainment), so I guess I'm picking Twilight.

Plus, I think the whole Vampire concept is more interesting.

No offense, but I find it kind of weird how Landon married Jamie in the movie at the end even though he knew he knew she was going to die. I mean, if I was in her place, I wouldn't have allowed that because I wouldnt want the person I love to have the reputation of already been married once before (ESP. if I know I'm going to die soon). I mean, it's always better to not have a married past and the guy is going to remarrry later on anyways, and the next person he married might not be too happy. And plus, marrying her will keep kind of like a "scar of her" in his life (or remind him of her) and I peronal think that once someone dies, the other person should go on with her life and not dwell in the past. That's the thing that really irks me!

One of Jamie's dreams was to get married in the same church her parents got married at. That's what I automatically thought when he asked for her hand in marriage.

As for who I like better... I would have to say Landon and Jamie.

Guest chungmah.

A Walk to Remember always wins it over for me.

Therefore,

Landon and Jamie.

I re-watched the movie in Theology class and a lot of the scenes made me tear lol

Girls in the class were "aw"-ing and etc.

The movie for Twilight kind of ruined Twilight overall for me. Too overated.

Guest xxdogluv

landon and jamie obviously. twilight is basically a book for girls in the raging hormone stage and are hopelessly hoping for some kind of shallow romance with a boy like edward cullen. the whole story about jamie and landon was more thoughtful and meaningful... it teaches you about life and love. how love can change a person and make them stronger, better, and so much more. a walk to remember is a good book for high school students, it'll make you think about what you want in your life and motivate and inspire you in a way. what is the whole moral to Twilight?? that every girl will eventually get an edward cullen? PLEASE. it's giving all the girls false hope and making the guys feel retarded

Guest mariejoeyjacobs

^I agree. There was a lot more chemistry going on with Landon and Jamie. With Edward and Bella, I fel as though they were just acting for the sake of it.

so glad im not the one who feels this way. ;D

Guest tvxqforever

hmm, i prefer edward and bella.

well, after reading all the twilight series, hmm,

there's more chemistry between..

as for... landon and jamie.. i didnt read. omg >.>

can someone tell me how many parts are there for the book?

thanks!!

Guest s0y0un*

jamie & landon had so much more chemistry

there was nothing with edward & bella

probably because of their acting

Guest BeautifulChromosomes

I love both. Myers and Sparks' stories have their own world. Comparing it won't be right or worthy.

Guest chorus

A Walk to Remember is more romantic so I'll stick to Landon and Jamie.

I feel like they really have the connection between them and the chemistry. :)

Guest In.tro}

Landon and Jamie <3 !! I love Nicolas Cage!!

He writes the best love stories of all time. I read a

little of twlight and it bored the s*hit out of me.

Gawd, that was one of the most boring book I ever

read >.< it tottaly wasted my time. I seen the movie

and it wasn't even that good either O_o

Bella and Edward love was soooo.... D U M B

I mean, they were acting dumb when they fell

in love. I can't believe they tried to kill themselves.

JUST because thier lovers died. It was pointless.

And how did they fall in love so fast?! OMG that was

quick and creepy~

Landon and Jamie was more deep and had a lot

of connections. It was beautiful T^T

FYI Shanye West was so much better looking than

Edward LOL he's seriously not that good looking

and (don't kill me twilight fans) but I think the

girl who played Bella was really bad at acting

Landon and Jamie <3 !! I love Nicolas Cage!!

FYI Shanye West was so much better looking than

Edward LOL he's seriously not that good looking

and (don't kill me twilight fans) but I think the

girl who played Bella was really bad at acting

LOL you mean, Sparks?

Mandy Moore doesn't exactly deserve an oscar or anything. And Shane West over Robert Pattinson?? Really!? Man...what a difference of opinion there.

Archived