[drama 2009] Splendor Of Youth / Glory Of Youth 청춘예찬

Guest huangsy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man ... that Bae Seong Su is really such a pathetic guy. Sorry ... I just cannot dig guys like him ... every episode all he's obsessed about is making Sunyeong his woman *pukes* ... and when he asked JH is he will die or go to jail for SY because he (SS) would ... all I'm thinking is that's because you're pathetic. :ph34r:

I actually liked his nerdy buddies for once today ... when they actually showed admiration for Juhyeong who's supposed to be a bookworm and actually managed to play pool better than or as good as Seong Su and commented how since SS spend all his time playing to have been that good. Geez ... how stupid is the guy ... betting over JH having to do whatever he ask (and we all know that is to not fight with him for SY) if he wins. :tongue2:

And just because he's there to help out SY's family instead of the more remote JH ... what can I say ... all that guy does is stalk SY and want to marry her ... does he ever have anything better to do anyway? And what's with the intellectual guys in this drama not getting the women they love??

I'm thinking that Sunja's mom had the baby even before she had Sunja. From the KBS highlites, Gyeongsuk got hold of the baby picture Sunja's mom had in her possession. She looked kind of puzzled - maybe becos that pic was of herself. Don't know - I'm just making random guesses. We'll learn the truth soon enough.

That scene finally happens today ... I do wonder though if we'll learn the truth by tomorrow. :lol: ... look at how JH & SY had to go round and round before finding out anything.

So Sunyeong is going to learn the truth about the letter! I think she should suffer a bit longer as she is still walking around with a stick up her butt. From what I've read here, she will soon be Mr Bae's daughter-in-law. Well, honey you better lock your door at night. The man is creepy. He gave up Sunyeong's Mother and married someone else and had children with her. Sunyeong's Mother married someone else and had children with him. Yet he carries her photograph around everyday for years! How pathetic. And he told Sunyeong Dad that he was just chatting with a 'friend's daughter". He doesn't even look twice at Sunyeong's twin or Sunja and her brother! Now he has his son messaging his letters to Sunyeong and waiting for a reply. Mr Bae gives me the creeps.

SY might have a stick up her butt ... but I like her because she's the only one who can make that Gyeong suk gnashed her teeth. :w00t::D Seriously ... I just wanna slap that Gyeongsuk. And I agree with you on Mr Bae ... he's suppose to be a nice man and all ... but geez ... get over it!!! His son is just as pathetic to use the my father ordered me to carry your bags ... buy you the steamed buns ... bleh~

In the flashback that Mr Bae had, SeungDae's wife told Mr Bae that she didn't come to the hospital earlier because she didn't want to see him. He replied "I know. Sorry". I think he should not have been the one to be with her in her dying moments. The poor husband probably didn't get to say goodbye.

Ah ... I remember that scene but forgot what she actually said to Mr Bae but am wondering whether he actually know it was really her that stopped the husband from bringing her to his hospital instead of making that excuse for her husband not bringing her there.

Anyway ... while I dislike Sy's father brash ways and drinking at times ... what's the guy supposed to do ... he can't even defend himself and tell his daughters that it was their mom who didn't want to go to Mr Bae's hospital thus it was too late to save her and the reason why the mom refused to go to that hospital. It's sad that he's so alienated from the twins when he's so sweet with Sunja.

Guest Van123

Seongsu is pathetic. But I find Juhyeong just as pathetic. If Juhyeong knows that his love or infatuation .. whatever! .. for Sunyeong cannot withstand pressure or difficulties, he shouldn't pursue a relationship with her. It makes him just as pathetic as Seongsu. I don't find one guy better than the other.

I much prefer Gyeongsuk to Sunyeong. When Sunyeong does something wrong, she doesn't bat an eye. Gyeongsuk knows when she does something wrong. She might not make it right but at least she knows. Sunyeong thinks she can do no wrong. I too saw the episode where she was willing to let her step-mom die just because she was too busy with her studies to help out. I think she wondered what the big deal was since the step-mom didn't die! Nothing she has done since then has even come close to making me think that she could be at least half-human. And its ironic that her burning ambition is to be a doctor yet she refused to help her step-mom because she hates her. I can imagine Dr Sunyeong turning away dying patients just because they do not win her favor!

And today, Sunyeong was as usual so full of self-righteous pride when she told Gyeongsuk that G does things that she would never think of doing. That was an invitation to Gyeongsuk to get back at her. Like I said before, really, how smart does Sunyeong think she is?! Only an arrogant fool would not see that coming!

Guest bokbok29

Did the drama just ended at epi. 75?? Well i guess the writers ran out of ideas to keep the story interesting. All in all i'd say it's boring from start to finish.

Guest yurimary

i am watching the drama on my soju. there its at ep 30.

Though I must admit I only watch the parts with sun gyeol (the singer twin sister) and the teacher. They ar emuch more interesting than her "evil" sister. Yeah i call her evil because there is nothing to like abpout her in the first 30 episodes at least.

She is very cold.... Sun gyeol may be not that intelligent but she is warm hearted.

Guest adikkeluangman

^Actually me too. I watch the drama only for that couple scene. Ok. This past few days. my cable is something wrong so I cannot watching. The teacher is so sweet. He cared for GS but cannot do more whenever both of them in the school.

So GyeonSuk and SunYeong is twin or who is the elder? If not twin, why does they same class. I confused on this.

Yep, this drama ended last Friday at episode 75. The episodes, in the last part of the drama series, was a roller coaster ride. But, the writers, at least, tied up all the loose ends for the finale. :)

It was a no hit, no miss and not memorable drama. :mellow: The best part is her singing voice ... assuming that it is the actress doing the singing and not someone else. And, the song is catchy. :)

Guest bokbok29

i'm just curious, did someone accidentally pushed the fast forward button or the drama was cut short? i heard that due to the economic crisis kbs is cutting production cost, they even reduced the number of drama they produced. i wonder if this drama was included being a non-hit. Anybody know what drama replaces this one?

This drama ended? Good! Don't know why every one of the characters seems to have a secret! And they do want to tell the truth but it's always 'I'll tell you later'. I got really irritated hearing that. Also, can't stand that Choi guy who reminds me of Michael Jackson each time he appears!

Guest pint0

Yep, this drama ended last Friday at episode 75. The episodes, in the last part of the drama series, was a roller coaster ride. But, the writers, at least, tied up all the loose ends for the finale. :)

It was a no hit, no miss and not memorable drama. :mellow: The best part is her singing voice ... assuming that it is the actress doing the singing and not someone else. And, the song is catchy. :)

I agree that this is one very unmemorable drama!

I think its the actress real voice. I heard her sing a line or two once in some programme (you know where they talk about health matters, play some games to reinforce the message etc.).

I watch the show just to watch the little girl, Sunja. Although there's no plot surrounding her, she is the best actor on the set. I look forward to seeing more of her in future dramas. She's a gem.

Guest b00kw0rm

Have not been able to watch much of the series. Auntie Mame, would be it be possible to share a little of the ending?

Have not been able to watch much of the series. Auntie Mame, would be it be possible to share a little of the ending?

It seems that some people are watching the subbed episodes now. In order not to spoil it for anyone, I'll PM the ending to you.

Guest bokbok29

I just had a marathon of watching this drama now I’ll try to do a quick summary of the later episodes.

Sunyoung and Seongsu got married without a ceremony, they just register their marriage. Sunyoung after marrying Seongsu had a very noticeable change in character, the once too proud suddenly becomes a devoted wife, after the grandma maid got ill, Sunyoung started to carry out all of the house work without any complain even if she was having a hard time. Sunyoung in some way seems to slowly learn to accept Seongsu.

Gyeongsuk found out that she was adopted and the truth about her real mother, got hysterical but eventually accepted everything. On the contrary she becomes humbled by that fact and somehow became a better person soon after and learned to forgive everybody even accepts her biological mother. Gyeongsuk even does some of the house chores when Sunyoung was not around. The change in Gyeongsuk’s personality was appreciated by Juhyeong and they became much closer after.

Meanwhile Sungyeol and the music teacher had a drink after a singing audition/contest, both got wasted and ended up spending the night together. Sungyeol got pregnant as a result of that. Because of Sungyeol situation, the music teacher decided to marry her but his father strongly objects, but eventually changes his mind and approved of the marriage. Again no ceremony was held, Sungyeol just move in together with her in laws.

The past between Mr. Choi and Mrs. Bae was exposed causing Mrs. Bae to suffer a severe stroke paralyzing half of her body. Mr. Bae knowing that his wife’s tragedy was partially his fault commits himself to help Mrs. Bae recover by devoting all his time in taking care of his wife. The sudden change of Mr. Bae towards his wife was witnessed by Mr. Choi. Recognizing Mr. Bae’s effort for his wife Mr. Choi finally decided to let go of Mrs. Bae.

A few months have past and Sungyeol is close to giving birth. But then a wedding ceremony took place. The Twins got married at the same time throungh a Korean traditional wedding. It was a happy moment for everybody but Sungyeol suddenly goes into labor in the middle of the ceremony.

And then another fast forward. Now we see the two new husbands working for the same company while Sunyoung’s studying to become a doctor together with Gyeongsuk and Juhyeong. Sungyeol was already a recording artist and her song was a huge hit.

The drama ended with everybody celebrating the 1st birthday of Sungyeol’s TWINS!!!

Actually "The Tale of Janghwa and Hongryeon" took over Windy City's KBS 2TV 9am timeslot.

Currently, there isn't any new series taking over the TV Novel KBS 1TV at 7:50am timeslot.

They are showing Screening Humanities at the moment.

Thanks for the correction. I just assume that was the replacement. :o

Archived