[drama 2009] Splendor Of Youth / Glory Of Youth 청춘예찬

Guest huangsy

Guest huangsy

[KBS1] Yi In, Han Yeo Woon, Yoo Da In, Suh Shin Ae
Debuts 5th Jan 2009, Monday as morning drama.

Director : Lee Jin Suh 이진서

Scriptwriter : Choi Min Ki 최민기

Cast : Yi In 이인 (Painter of the Wind), Han Yeo Woon 한여운 (Painter of the Wind, Golden Bride), Yoo Da In 유다인 (Biscuit Teacher Star Candy), Suh Shin Ae 서신애 (Thank You child actress), Park Chang Ik 박창익 (My Love and Miracle On 1st Street child actor), Han Yeo Woon, Kim Dong Gun, Kim Young Joon, Moon Bo Ryung

Official site : http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/chungchun/index.html

Official English site : http://kbsworld.kbs.co.kr/programs/program...=333&lang=e

Download : http://aja-aja.com/regular/glory-of-youth

20081216163140222c4_163611_0.jpg150003005_L.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest huangsy

credit KDRAMAFANUSA at Suh Shin Ae's thread.

Source: JavaBeans

Child star Seo Shin-ae takes on new role, new adversities

October 25th, 2008 // by javabeans

200810241700823302512a5lw9.jpg

The little girl who stole viewers’ hearts as the precocious HIV-stricken Bom in last year’s Thank You, ten-year-old Seo Shin-ae, is returning to television in KBS’s new daily drama Glory of Youth, playing the youngest child in a family growing up in the 1960s.

In the drama, Seo is the youngest (11-year-old) daughter to a bus driver, who has twin sisters and a slightly dim-witted brother. Although she has a loving father, she also receives the brunt of her stepmother’s frustrations.

While child actors don’t usually grab headlines when they are cast in drama series, Seo Shin-ae is one of the newest crop of scene-stealing kid stars. After debuting in 2004 in CFs, she already has several movie roles under her belt and worked with some high-profile adult actors, such as Park Shin-yang in Shiny Day and Jang Hyuk, Gong Hyo-jin, and Shin Goo in Thank You. Add her to the list of young actors to keep an eye on, joining others like Yoo Seung-ho and Shim Eun-kyung of Legend, Park Bo-young of King and I (although she’s growing out of the “child actor” label), and Kim Hyang-gi of When Night Comes.

Daily dramas really aren’t my cup of tea, but they tend to be good learning experiences for young or inexperienced actors since they shoot every day and offer more chance for growth than, say, much shorter miniseries. The drama will take to the airwaves after Big Sister finishes in mid-November.

Via OSEN

~~~~~

Source: JavaBeans

Thank You’s little girl now a little lady

October 30th, 2008 // by javabeans

seoshinae2107371bru1.jpg

About a week ago, I mentioned the new drama project for child actor Seo Shin-ae. (Most of us may remember her from starring in the heartwarming 2007 drama Thank You alongside Jang Hyuk and Gong Hyo-jin.)

To accompany the news, her management has recently released new photos of Seo, and she’s grown up a lot — still adorable and round-cheeked, but much less child than she was just a year ago. (Not a little girl, not yet a woman? Or perhaps, more apropos to her career: not a baby star anymore, not yet a plastic-surgeried tartlet-in-training. Let’s hope this talented girl never ends up there.) Just to give you a refresher, here’s what she looked like in Thank You —>

thankyou310813c3sl4.jpg

Her new series is the KBS1 daily drama Glory of Youth [청춘예찬], which will air when the currently running Big Sister vacates its time slot in January.

8a178101_1.jpg

Via Sports Khan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Even though I don't understand the Korean language, I find this drama interesting. The theme song reminds me of the song from "Capital Scandal". And, based on some of the clothing style, it seems to take place in the '70's in the countryside or small town.

The acting is decent, too. I only recognize a few actors/actresses. The little girl from "Thank You" has a large role. The elderly grandmothers have been in quite a few other dramas.

I wish more people were watching and that someone would give recaps, summaries or translations.

• 2 weeks later...

This drama is very interesting; especially since the events seem to take place in the Korea of the 1960's-1970's (?). Of course, my opinion is based on just what I see visually since I don't understand the Korean language.

I've tried and have been unsuccessful in finding summaries, translations or more information about this drama. It also appears that not many people are watching.

Ah, I've finally found my way to this thread. :sweatingbullets: I've be so busy with Boys Over Flowers (just reading the new posts takes about an hour, or so, each day! :phew: ) I'll just tune into the Aja Aja site and hope that maybe S2, or someone, will get around to subbing the episodes someday. It must be hard to find a regular audience unless you happen to be living in Korea and are able to watch a daytime drama. I hope they do well though. I'm in it for Seo Shin Ae and just allowing her an opportunity to get some more experience is a winning situation. Thank you all for this thread and the head's up on the Aja Aja link. :)

Archived