Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

Guest srenity

Unfortunate truth: I think this thread won't be as active without the piracy talks now :[ Big thanks for the support, Godotology :D

Edgeworth Game is coming out end of this month. any1 excited? seems the only DS games i look forward to are the phoenix wright and professor layton series

AAI is the only game I'm looking forward to for the DS atm as well. I've linked a flash demo a few pages back if you haven't tried it :)

Ace Attorney Investigations playable flash demo:

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/adventure/gyaku...reviews;title;2

The way Edgeworth moves around reminds me of the awesomer days of older Lucas Arts games~ (Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion, Indiana Jones, etc. Aaand if 'awesomer' is such a word) :3

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Take Five

and now this thread comes to a screeching halt...

i forgot all about the edgeworth game. yay, i have something to look forward to.

Guest justwildbeat

Haha it is kind of dead. I too forgot about Edgeworth's game, that's certainly something I'll be looking forward to. Currently I'm working on Poupee Girl for the DS. Now I'm obsessed with collecting/buying everything, but wish there was a better way to earn more money. I feel poor all the time.

Guest CandySu

I'm planning on getting a nintendo ds!

But I can't pick between DS and DSi.

I like DSi because of it's camera features, but some said the DSi screens are a bit floopy.

Help?

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

Edgeworth Game is coming out end of this month. any1 excited? seems the only DS games i look forward to are the phoenix wright and professor layton series

yesss finally!

been waiting for forever for the english version

unfortunately i have no time to play games tho..

still working on layton right now =S

Seriously, how is piracy allowed to be discussed on the forums? In almost all the video game system threads people are just openly discussing how to pirate games. Game development studios have been shutting down all year due to the economy and priacy plays a factor as well. If you can't afford to buy the games, then don't play them.

People make their livings to provide a roof and food for their families based on how well their games sell, and you guys just don't care.

I don't want to hear the BS excuse of "Well I wasn't going to buy it anyway." Then you shouldn't freaking play it. This activity is illegal and Soompi needs to crack down on this. If Soompi doesn't step in, it will be the site dealing with the consequences, not the users, which I'm sure you people don't care about either.

Flam me for standing up for this, but it needs to be said. Soompi won't allow the open discussion of music piracy, so why should it allow for it on other products.

Where have you heard that game dev studios have been shutting down? :S Most of the big game companies (creating most of the popular games) are doing okay even in the recession. As far as I know only smaller companies are dropping out, but they never had that much going for them in the first place. But those companies laying off people is no different from all the other companies during this time that are (mass) laying off workers. Piracy has been around for ages and the gaming market has surviving with it quite well. I'm not disagreeing with your post by any means, I just find that using that as a support for your argument seems weird.

I'm slowly working my way through the new Prof. Layton game.. I like the first more. :(

Guest miss wonderland

for the nintendo ds lite, can i send messages to other people even if their ds isn't turned on?

like through pictochat

a question for everyone:

If you got a NintendoDSi (the newest one) and already have one of the older versions, would you sell the new one or sell the old one for less money?

Guest hunterheart

I'm planning on getting a nintendo ds!

But I can't pick between DS and DSi.

I like DSi because of it's camera features, but some said the DSi screens are a bit floopy.

Help?

It's not floppy to the point where it's going to fall off everytime you close it. It's just less secure. It still stays on. That shouldn't be a huge problem though, don't let it worry you. The only big difference is camera, Internet, online cash shop, and music player/editer. If you want those things, choose DSi. If you can live w/o them on your system and just want a gaming system, choose DS lite. Hope that helps some.

for the nintendo ds lite, can i send messages to other people even if their ds isn't turned on?

like through pictochat

a question for everyone:

If you got a NintendoDSi (the newest one) and already have one of the older versions, would you sell the new one or sell the old one for less money?

Answer: no, it's not like msn. If you have the Nintendo dsi, you go on ebuddy and send them an offline msn message you like.

Second answer: Well first off, you would trade in your old one to get the new one at a lesser price. But if I had both at the same time, it just depends on what you'd rather keep! I'd rather keep my green ds lite than my blue dsi.

Oooh, I'm also planning to get a Nintendo DS in the future!

The problem is, I don't know which to choose, DS, DS Lite or DSi.. Any suggestions? :D

Oooh, I'm also planning to get a Nintendo DS in the future!

The problem is, I don't know which to choose, DS, DS Lite or DSi.. Any suggestions? :D

don't get the original ds. If you like to play GBA games or have GBA games that u still want to play then get a DS Lite or if you have price constraints then get a ds. If not get a DSi.

don't get the original ds. If you like to play GBA games or have GBA games that u still want to play then get a DS Lite or if you have price constraints then get a ds. If not get a DSi.

I don't actually want to play GBA games, so it's better to get the DSi then? Honestly, the reason why the DSi caught my attention first was the camera and that it could still play DS games (though not GBA ones) but some friends of mine are telling me to choose the original ds over it. Now I'm confused on what to choose. x)

Anyone playing Ragnarok on the DS? I'm so addicted to this game right now lol. I haven't even touched AA: Edgeworth yet... y_y (and I still need to play L4D2 too.. so busy!!)

Guest srenity

I don't actually want to play GBA games, so it's better to get the DSi then? Honestly, the reason why the DSi caught my attention first was the camera and that it could still play DS games (though not GBA ones) but some friends of mine are telling me to choose the original ds over it. Now I'm confused on what to choose. x)

I think comparing DS to a DSi is like comparing

2u90fwx.jpg

112502f.jpg

Both are cell phones and does its necessary function (making a call away from home without the use of a public phone), but the modern phone is more compact, and improved with more features (camera included! :P )

I do have game-tester acquaintances who prefer the DS to the compact DSL or DSi because they have big hands and since they're on the system for 8+hours a day, it really cramps up their hands. But that's probably the only reason they prefer the late model.

Here's comparing the three:

DSes.jpg

Silver DS, Crimson Black DSL, Black DSi

DSlight.jpg

Backlight for DS and DSi (My DSL does not work anymore so I couldn't do a comparison pic :X But it's similar to DSi's)

The DS is on the brightest setting and DSi is on 4th/5 brightest (eliminates glares!)

DSscreen.jpg

Screen size difference between the two

DSi on left, DSL on right

I already said my thing about DSi

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?s=&...&p=15278676

But if you don't really care for the new features that comes with the DSi and want to save a bit of money, then I suggest the DSL

-------

AA Investigation players:

I'm in the beginning of the 3rd stage (the theme park) and would like to know if there's any court stages later in the game. And if you're finished, how many stages are there in this game? (I don't want to go to GameFAQs because there might be spoilers :X )

Thanks in advance :)

Guest hunterheart

Anyone playing Ragnarok on the DS? I'm so addicted to this game right now lol. I haven't even touched AA: Edgeworth yet... y_y (and I still need to play L4D2 too.. so busy!!)

I never knew there was RO for ds @__@

I never knew there was RO for ds @__@

The original one came out over a year ago, but the English version was released a few days ago... :3 The translation is horrible though, imo. But it's a good game for players who don't expect the whole PC game ported to the DS... it's more reminiscent of playing iRO right out of beta as there are only 2-1 classes (+ TK, dark knight, shaman), preset maps, and only 5 (?) towns to visit.

^ I guess I'll stick with PC game then

Yeah, it's definitely not for everyone. People who have already experienced current RO on the PC usually have too high of expectations to enjoy this game.. :/

Decent game for people unfamiliar with the RO world though. :3

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

started playing the edgeworth game. so far im enjoying the difference in gameplay from the PW games.

im just wondering tho, do we ever get to go to court?

im still very early into the game. at the second "case".

Archived