Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

Guest 3ephemeralWinds

my favourite games on the DS are.. the world ends with you, phoenix wright series, SMT:devil survivor, and anyything FINAL FANTASY

i haven't touched my DS since school started in september.. but now its Christmas break =) i got some catching up to do

can anyone suggest any good RPG/adventure games?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest marasshi

My little sister just got herself a new DSi. I sort of want one because my DS Lite's keys are getting sticky and I can't even play Mario Kart DS properly. :(

Rhythm Heaven is fun but I have no sense of rhythm so I'm pretty bad at it. :x

my favourite games on the DS are.. the world ends with you, phoenix wright series, SMT:devil survivor, and anyything FINAL FANTASY

i haven't touched my DS since school started in september.. but now its Christmas break =) i got some catching up to do

can anyone suggest any good RPG/adventure games?

Suikoden Tierkreis, Lunar Knights, Phantasy Star Zero, Super Robot Taisen OG Saga - Endless Frontier

Dragon Quest games? I haven't gotten far into Heavenly Bride but it looks good.

If you want a challenging one you might check out Knights in the Nightmare. I found it too hard for me though (and time consuming)

Question:

I just got a dsi for christmas, when i first opened the box and took the system out i did the usual checks and my top screen can be like pushed back and forth when it is closed ever so slightly. I mean really little its not massive. Also when I flip my DSi backwards the top screen doesnt stay closed it opens up like maybe a little less than a centimeter. Is this a regular thing or should I bring it back to walmart and ask for a new one?

Guest hunterheart

Question:

I just got a dsi for christmas, when i first opened the box and took the system out i did the usual checks and my top screen can be like pushed back and forth when it is closed ever so slightly. I mean really little its not massive. Also when I flip my DSi backwards the top screen doesnt stay closed it opens up like maybe a little less than a centimeter. Is this a regular thing or should I bring it back to walmart and ask for a new one?

I have a dsi and to be honest, both mines and my sisters are little flappy too. It doesn't happen when its upside down but if I swing it a bit it will fall open a little. If you're really concerned you can ask for exchange for a more secure one but there isnt really something that "locks" it into place. Hope this helps! :)

Guest marasshi

Suikoden Tierkreis, Lunar Knights, Phantasy Star Zero, Super Robot Taisen OG Saga - Endless Frontier

Dragon Quest games? I haven't gotten far into Heavenly Bride but it looks good.

If you want a challenging one you might check out Knights in the Nightmare. I found it too hard for me though (and time consuming)

I just wanted to add Chrono Trigger is fun too.

Guest srenity

Oh shieet, I think I may have bought the wrong r4 card. I recently bought a DS lite and then yesterday, I bought a r4 card from realhotstuff.com. Here it is: http://www.realhotstuff.com/sdhc-free-shipping-p-483.html

It's called R4i SDHC v1.4 and it said it supports NDS, NDSL, NDSi, so does that mean I can use it for DS lite too? Not just for DSi. D:

I'm pretty outdated when it comes to these emulators (since I no longer use one), but I know for sure that NDS= Nintendo Dual Screen (the fat one), NDSL= Nintendo Dual Screen Lite, etc. If it says it supports it, it better work =P

Persona is not on DS is it?

Not that I know of, but there is an SMT game on DS called 'Devil Survivor' and 'Strange Journey' will be released in March 2010. If you prefer Persona games and own a PSP, Persona 3 Portable is out in Japan and I'm pretty sure Atlus will be bringing it to the US =]

Guest sungified

^No.

The R4i card supports NDS, NDSL, NDSi, meaning that with the card you can still use it for your NDSL.

I had trouble with R4 cards before, since I wasn't able to play a lot of new games with that stupid card. So I ordered a acekard 2i for only $10, and the thing works perfectly. Since I have a grudge against R4 cards now, I don't think it is the best choice to get them, but that is just me. I'm very satisfied with my acekard card.

Guest Take Five

does anyone have tips on how to beat rael's song(sand temple) in spirit tracks? i just can't do it(although i haven't tried for hours like some people have). i just hate games that require using the ds mic in general.

edit: nm, i got it. damn that was annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, how is piracy allowed to be discussed on the forums? In almost all the video game system threads people are just openly discussing how to pirate games. Game development studios have been shutting down all year due to the economy and priacy plays a factor as well. If you can't afford to buy the games, then don't play them.

People make their livings to provide a roof and food for their families based on how well their games sell, and you guys just don't care.

I don't want to hear the BS excuse of "Well I wasn't going to buy it anyway." Then you shouldn't freaking play it. This activity is illegal and Soompi needs to crack down on this. If Soompi doesn't step in, it will be the site dealing with the consequences, not the users, which I'm sure you people don't care about either.

Flam me for standing up for this, but it needs to be said. Soompi won't allow the open discussion of music piracy, so why should it allow for it on other products.

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

^i understand what you're saying, however, soompi doesn't allow filesharing on the site but it does allow the discussion. there is a huge thread in the korean music forum "where do you dl music" where people list sites to d/l music.

Guest AiMango

Hi guys. DSi vs Ds Lite- deciding between one. DS Lite has internet too right? is it really crappy connection compared to DSi? I know DSi has a customizable browser and Facebook compatibility and such.. but yeah thats like one of the main features im interested in for the DSi. If someone can give me a comparison on the wifi thatd be great.

edit -- ok nvm its wifi that the lite has not internet..

I think I am leaning towards DS Lite cause I still want to play my old games (mostly my old Pkmn games) and the fact that its cheaper. I also dont really need the camera function cause i carry around my 10MP camera around all the time..

Guest hunterheart

Seriously, how is piracy allowed to be discussed on the forums? In almost all the video game system threads people are just openly discussing how to pirate games. Game development studios have been shutting down all year due to the economy and priacy plays a factor as well. If you can't afford to buy the games, then don't play them.

People make their livings to provide a roof and food for their families based on how well their games sell, and you guys just don't care.

I don't want to hear the BS excuse of "Well I wasn't going to buy it anyway." Then you shouldn't freaking play it. This activity is illegal and Soompi needs to crack down on this. If Soompi doesn't step in, it will be the site dealing with the consequences, not the users, which I'm sure you people don't care about either.

Flam me for standing up for this, but it needs to be said. Soompi won't allow the open discussion of music piracy, so why should it allow for it on other products.

I know what you mean and I really care too. I was just getting more info. from the person so other people could help her/him. I buy all my games after reading reviews. My friends think it's stupid and they all have game cards/flash cards for their systems but it's a lot better playing the game knowing you earned money for it.

Guest srenity

Preach ON, brutha :D When I used to keep track of all the R4/M3/etc info by making a blogspot, I even added a disclaimer that people should buy the games if they like it. But of course, they'd rather pay nothing than $19.99-$35.99 per game :/

As a person who's hoping to get into the industry, it's just really frustrating reading comments like 'Why should I buy it when I can play for free?' =__=;;

Hi guys. DSi vs Ds Lite- deciding between one. DS Lite has internet too right? is it really crappy connection compared to DSi? I know DSi has a customizable browser and Facebook compatibility and such.. but yeah thats like one of the main features im interested in for the DSi. If someone can give me a comparison on the wifi thatd be great.

edit -- ok nvm its wifi that the lite has not internet..

I think I am leaning towards DS Lite cause I still want to play my old games (mostly my old Pkmn games) and the fact that its cheaper. I also dont really need the camera function cause i carry around my 10MP camera around all the time..

I had no idea original Gameboy cartidges work for the GBA slot for the DSes o__O;; Unless you mean the ones they've ported into GBA, then n/m!

The internet experience for the DSi is very similar to surfing the web on the Wii. Because of its portability, you can use up to three WiFi settings that you've entered into the DSi. Let's say you connect from work, home, and school. Therefore, you will not be able to surf the web at a Starbucks :[ The biggest gripe I have about the web browser is that there's a limit to how much you can browse before you have to start deleting off your history. VERY annoying so I barely use it ^^;; I've never used the web browser for the DSL, so I can't really tell you much about that.

As you have stated, DSi ware and camera are the main differences between the DSi and DSL. There's also a sound editor thing, but it isn't such a big deal. The DSiWare games you can download/buy are just like the WiiWare. You can d/l very small games (some are apps like a clock or calculator) and they're not as intense as the actual games.

In the future, Nintendo will be releasing DSi only games. I don't know of any so far because I don't do as much research as I used to do... When I attended E3, an exhibitor showed a translating DSi ware that I'm really looking forward to getting!

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/04/impressi...slator-dsiware/

Since there isn't a lot of love for the DSi, I will not review the DSL.

So, HA! :P

G-nitro and Srenity bring a very good point. It is something we should have enforced long ago, but didn't. From this point on, any links to rom/iso sites, devices that promote gaming piracy, and other similar activities will be removed. Posters who frequently request such links/files in this forum as well as those who keep promoting them will be issued a warning.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TrainDriver

Edgeworth Game is coming out end of this month. any1 excited? seems the only DS games i look forward to are the phoenix wright and professor layton series

Archived