Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NO NAME?

Yes! It's been awhile since I've last been hooked on a game. I don't really mind the traditional turn-based battle system since I'm used to it. But, I've no clue if you'll like it.

Very. cute. I've always wanted to decorate the DS Lite (when it was still working), but I could not figure out how to do it. Aha. As for the DSi XL, I'm going to keep that plain. It's too shiny for me to decorate it.

Guest srenity

4784994013_f6e6a3fa09.jpg

Midnight Blue DSi XL + Dragon Quest IX

Who else is playing DQIX? Man, this game is tons of fun! If you don't own this game, you're missing out ;) Oh and I love the largeness of the DSi XL.

I'm playing DQIX too! I agree it's very fun :D It almost plays like an MMO which is what I liked a lot about FF Crystal Chronicles series for the DS. I'm a sucker for character customization so that's totally the icing on the cake (I'm a bit sad on the lack of cute choices for eye and hairstyles for the female characters though. Darn you Toriyama!).

The problem with the DSi is that they increase the screen size but didn't increase the resolution. Meaning you will see alot of lines going across the screen beside why on earth would you upgrade to a DSi when the 3DS is just around the corner

It's not a dramatic difference in size so it's not like the resolution change is super noticeable. And I have no idea what lines you are talking about (I have used both a DSL and DSi). I think DSi is a perfect upgrade from a DS or DSL. The thing about the 3DS is the games will probably start from $40 because of the feature (just a note, current DS games typically start at $20). I tried out the 3DS at E3 and liked it, but I didn't fall in love with it enough to thinking about purchasing it. I feel like 3DS will be just like how I view 3D movies at the theaters: The first few minutes I'm really enjoying the difference, but it starts to feel normal (2D) as my eyes become accustomed to it after 20 minutes or so.

That's just my $.02 though.

Guest 「Sachiko」

has anyone played the 3rd taiko no tatsujin DS game yet? I havent tried the Yokai Daikessen mode yet, since my japanese isn't that good, haha.

Guest james_maknae14

pls gve me a game that is rpg and really cool should be english too thanks for anyone who's going to reply!!!

Guest zoogs

pls gve me a game that is rpg and really cool should be english too thanks for anyone who's  going to reply!!!

I would recommend either The World Ends With You or Dragon Quest IX which recently came out.

Oops, I meant 3DS!!

Did anyone else decorate their DS? This is mine:

2952292113_6488e34bcc.jpg

It's so adorable! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the case?

By the way! For all non-Japanese speaker otome fans! An English patch for Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1st Love Plus is out! It's only about 70% translated though. If you want the full patch, you'll have to wait. Enjoy!

Link: http://sites.google.com/site/tokimemogs1/beta-tester-task-list/release-notes

It's so adorable! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the case?

By the way! For all non-Japanese speaker otome fans! An English patch for Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1st Love Plus is out! It's only about 70% translated though. If you want the full patch, you'll have to wait. Enjoy!

Link: http://sites.google.com/site/tokimemogs1/beta-tester-task-list/release-notes

Thanks! :DD I got it on eBay. The seller I bought it from doesn't sell them anymore, but they were made in Korea and have multiple styles and colors. You still might be able to find them at eBay though!

• 2 weeks later...

Playing Nostalgia right now.  Does Melody's story remind anyone else of Harry Potter? O.O  It's remarkably similar.  Aaanywho, I like finding different places on the world map to go to =D  It's actually a pretty cool game.

And finally finished the Ace Attorney games (except Edgeworth).  THEY WERE SOO GOOD!!!  But I still love Trials and Tribulations the most.  LOVED IT<3  I didn't really like the Edgeworth game though.  Am I the only one?  I stopped playing it a bit after I started. D:

Guest Take Five

^i'm on the 4th case but i already don't have much of a desire to keep playing, sadly. it really hasn't been that interesting so far...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ix3katz

has anyone played the 3rd taiko no tatsujin DS game yet? I havent tried the Yokai Daikessen mode yet, since my japanese isn't that good, haha.

i tried to play it but it wouldn't load on my ds =( patched version out there i hope?

and i actually quite enjoy the edgeworth ace attorney game. true it's not as good as phoenix wright ones (cuz phoenix wright is awesome ^^) but its not bad. im on case 5 now and the pace is picking up again

and anyone excited for the 3DS? :D i dunno what it's gonna be like yet, but i'll probably buy it lol.

comes out end of this yr ...yes?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NO NAME?

^ Yeah dude! The release date for the game is November 16, 2010.

Description:

Junpei, a fairly normal college student finds himself involved in a deadly conspiracy that he couldn’t have possibly imagined. He awakes aboard an old passenger ferry, dazed and confused he stumbles around the room trying to reclaim his memories. First thing he noticed was a number roughly drawn on the cabin’s door… A bright red number 5. Junpei’s memory then returned and he remembered what happened right before becoming unconscious! A mysterious person with a gas mask crossed his mind. He remembered the haunting words he spoke, “I’m gonna make you play the game… the ‘Nonary Game’… the game of life or death”. “We’ve decided to call 999 an ‘Adventure’ game,” say Ben Bateman, Localization Editor, Aksys Games, “but I don’t really feel that’s entirely accurate. 999 is a game that simulates life, or at least it would if your life was about being trapped on a sinking ship and forced to complete a series of incomprehensible puzzles before your practically inevitable death. It is about relationships, and how they will ultimately kill you. There is also some blood, and an ax, so if you’ve always wanted some blood and an ax in your life, there you go. But what really brings 999 to life are the people who inhabit it. You will learn to care for them; to feel as though you are there and they are your friends, and then they will die because you made the wrong choices. Just like in real life.”

• 2 weeks later...

^ you always have the latest game release news!

I checked out the demo & it looks pretty darn awesome! x:

Starting Prof. Layton & the Unwound Future, haven't touch my ds lite in awhile.

Guest oceanvodka

^ I've been playing the third Professor Layton, too. XD I am in love with the art direction and music. <3

What do you guys think about the overall quality of the puzzles so far? I feel like they've been a bit confusing. Sometimes the wording is really convoluted. Or maybe it's because I'm still in summer mode and I play these games at 1-4 am in the morning.

http://www.aksysgames.com/999/pages/demo

Played the demo for 999: 9 Hours, 9 Person, 9 Doors not too long ago.

I'm already sold!

Finished the demo and it played like a better localization of Lux Pain mixed with Trace Memory. It just felt tedious going through all that work just to open a door :\ If the story is good, then maybe I'll try out the full version when it comes out.

For DS, I'm still playing DQIX. There were plenty of in-store events to make me keep playing. Currently busy power-leveling my characters using the infamous Masayuki map (common Metal King Slime encounters on the lowest floor) :P

Archived