[movie 2009] White Night 백야행

Guest kdramafanusa

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest puppyiz

Helena...

Lee Jong Won's Character as Sung Jo has been replaced by PARKSEONGWOONG

Lee Jong-Won is no longer listed as part of the cast at both Daum & Cine21.

[[[will update the 1st page later]]]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fivemagic

OMG! this thread is so quiet lately...

I am looking for some updated pictures from the movie and some screen caps... where are they? It's so quiet... hahaha must be due to the US economy still... :tears::(

Guest kdramafanusa

There are pictures of Son Ye-Jin & Ko Soo on the set. Been so busy, I'll be back with them. :)

42099052bf5ba42f0df3e3f.jpg

09031601.jpg

09031602.jpg

Credit: SonYeJin Chinese Fan Site + Baidu

~

fc25220173c7a52f7aec2c8.jpg

8115961051112420203f2e8.jpg

Source: forgot where I saved them from (will edit this portion)

Guest cris14

There are pictures of Son Ye-Jin & Ko Soo on the set. Been so busy, I'll be back with them. :)

you will definitely make our day by posting them... :D hehehe

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: The Korea Herald 2009.04.04

[movie REVIEW]'Suspect X' attempts to transport success of Japanese TV drama

"Suspect X," to be released on April 9, is not so much a mystery thriller as a human drama. The first keyword to unlock the mysteriously strong attraction for Korean fans to this film is "drama," because the film is a successful extension from a hit Japanese television series "Galileo."

"Galileo," starring Masaharu Fukuyama and Kou Shibasaki, was the biggest hit drama in Japan in 2007, when Fuji TV ran it for its golden time slot. In January this year, KBS Joy, a cable unit of state-run Korean broadcast network, began to air the 10-episode drama series, appealing to a large Korean fan base of Japanese TV dramas.

The second keyword for "Suspect X" is "novel." The film is based on a novel of the same title by Keigo Higashino, and the Korean translation version of the book has already made the bestseller list in Korea.

200904030016.jpg

Masaharu Fukuyama (left) and Kou Shibasaki in "Suspect X"

"Suspect X," released in October in Japan, topped the box office for four weeks, illustrating the mass appeal of the novel as well as the star power of Fukuyama and his opposite Shibasaki.

Unlike other mystery films where the culprit remains hidden to the last minute, "Suspect X" starts off with a telling revelation. In the film, a single mother and child get implicated in a murder, forcing mathematics genius and professor Tetsuya Ishigami (Shinichi Tsutsumi) to help out the single mother. Ishigami helps them by crafting alibis with pinpoint accuracy.

From this point on, the question is not who has committed the crime but why that deed is done. The hint is of course available in the original Japanese title, "Yougisha X no Kenshin," which roughly translates into "Suspect X's devotion."

Following the same format as the original TV drama, quirky yet talented physicist "Galileo" Yukawa (Fukuyama) sets out to work on the case together with female detective Kaoru Utsumi (Shibasaki). Director Hiroshi Nimini cooperani does not offer details about how the two come to pair up for crime investigations, assuming that most of the audiences are already familiar with their background through the TV series, saving precious time for focusing on the core element.

On the surface, the film centers upon the intellectual confrontation between mathematician Ishigami and physicist Yukawa, but the underlying plot goes beyond the mystery thriller. But the two characters are seen as close friends, who admire each other in terms of academic excellence. While physicist Yukawa receives social recognition by becoming a professor, his college friend Ishigami struggles to achieve his dream.

When Yukawa is convinced of his friend's involvement in the crime, he asks Ishigami about why he misuses his talent. And Ishigami's answer is telling: "You are the only one who tells me I'm a genius." The line illustrates the limitation of life where things can easily go wrong, despite good intentions and talent.

Tsutsumi, a veteran actor known for his versatility, stages a shining performance as the troubled mathematics genius, greatly helping the film add a unique perspective on love into the murder mystery.

"Suspect X," a clever blend of murder mystery and human affection, may not fully transport its commercial success in Japan to the Korean box office, but it will surely encourage one to check out the original TV series.

By Yang Sung-jin

(insight@heraldm.com)

Guest petra

Thank you cris14 for your artworks. Awesome !! :D

Thanks again for keeping the thread alive .

I would love to share some part of KOSOO 's interview when he mentioned to

this Movie :

Source : KOSOO Japan official fan club

Thanks To Sarry for translation.

di3.jpg

KOSOO : About the movie, ‘百夜行’.

" Co-stars are Han Seok kyu-ssi that I respect and Son Ye jin-ssi that I like as a fan. They decided to co-star me and my beloved two. I have good expectations. and I play a person named Johan. I briefly explain his character, he is not a sunny nature. He experiences a painful love in a sense, he is the leading role.

His personalities are delicate and very sensitive; besides, circumspect. About his position, many explanations will come out on the story. About his background, the scenes of his past include it here and there. So this time, I’m concentrating my thought."

Guest riehae

I have been excited about this since the first time I heard about this.

Right now, I can't really get up to date with everything coz I have internet problems for almost 2 months now and I haven't visited since then.

I hate that I'm missing a lot especially on the excitement and stuff.

Archived