[movie 2009] White Night 백야행

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest chatteraddict

Oh so its not final yet? no wonder there isnt much news about it, maybe SYJ's waiting for the script to finish before signing the contract. just feeling a little weird with the pairing, im used with seeing SYJ paired up with actors around 10 years older than her. (No offense with Ko Soo's fans, im not saying he's a bad actor but more of a matinee idol i guess) the last time SYJ got paired up with actors almost her age was what? the Classic? But then again, he's 30.. :)

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jalan-jalan

Wow.

If SYJ does do this role, it would be great to see her acting chops on this one.

I watched the Japanese version " Byakuku" several years ago and it got me depressed as it progressed. The female lead was unbelievably sweet and it was an eye- opener to see her play the character which was going on a downward spiral.:(

SYJ has grown in leaps and bounds since I first saw her in Summer Scent (Though this was not a great drama to start on with SYJ hehe - my opinion).

I hope she leaves no stone unturned when she plays the character of this rather sad and pitiful girl.

SYJ fighting!

Thank you kdramafanusa for reply.

It seems that this movie is tentatively schedule for 2009 movie 's list.

OMG I am agitated ,any update i would love to hear.

I have visited HB Entertainment , KO soo 's management and found this news too.

I myself think even we can 't find the news of signing contract of the both.

But it might be confirm that KS & SYJ do the movie.

Oh so its not final yet? no wonder there isnt much news about it, maybe SYJ's waiting for the script to finish before signing the contract. just feeling a little weird with the pairing, im used with seeing SYJ paired up with actors around 10 years older than her. (No offense with Ko Soo's fans, im not saying he's a bad actor but more of a matinee idol i guess) the last time SYJ got paired up with actors almost her age was what? the Classic? But then again, he's 30.. :)

by saying that Ko soo is more of a matinee idol is an insult to him and his fans already, and in a way to SYJ.

Guest Lilazinprincess

I completely adore this actress and look forward to seeing her show off her talents again!!! I don't think I have ever been disappointed by her acting. YAY! Can't wait to see this.

Oh my... how can you say that? it is an insult to him and his fans.

byakuyakou is one of my favourite jdorama of all time. A very unusual storyline i must say. Ye Jin can play any character so HAHA :) *I dislike Open City and the other movie with bae yong jun though* As for Ko Soo, yeah.. he is good looking and all that but his best drama to date is only Green Rose (to me).. partly because of Lee Da Hae. Marrying A Millionaire bores me to death..

Guest puppyiz

Kindly make some reservations like not posting negative comments over the celebrities.

I am sure you wouldnt like to view such comments if it 's imposed on your fav. star...pls have some considerations for others.

Perhaps u should thoroughly read Soompi Forum Rules.

.... just feeling a little weird with the pairing, im used with seeing SYJ paired up with actors around 10 years older than her. (No offense with Ko Soo's fans, im not saying he's a bad actor but more of a matinee idol i guess) the last time SYJ got paired up with actors almost her age was what? the Classic? But then again, he's 30.. :)

Guest fivemagic

Oh my God! what on earth are you saying that Ko Soo is more of a matinee idol... this is definitely an insult to him and his fans... please do not talk or say such things... everyone has their own likes and dislikes, so please remove your negative remarks against him... this is not a comparison thread, but a thread for the movie... and we certainly don't want to hear him being a matinee idol... this is so unfair, so please have some considerations for him and his fans.

Guest kdramafanusa

Oh so its not final yet? no wonder there isnt much news about it, maybe SYJ's waiting for the script to finish before signing the contract.

I have visited HB Entertainment , KO soo 's management and found this news too.

I myself think even we can 't find the news of signing contract of the both.

But it might be confirm that KS & SYJ do the movie.

Unless I read the news incorrectly, the info about Son Ye-Jin and Ko Soo being cast came from the production company. The stars themselves haven't released any statements denying that they are linked to the project. I think the project is somewhat confirmed, just that the lead stars haven't signed the contracts. There could be many reasons, maybe they are still working out the final details.

Take it easy everyone. I can assure you that Chatteraddict (we often post at SYJ thread) is very nice, I'm sure that she didn't mean anything negative about Ko Soo. :) It's true that most of Son Ye-Jin's co-stars are in their mid-30's (and up) so Ko Soo seems very young compared to them (that's all). When I heard news of Ko Soo being cast, my initial reaction was "Ah Ha! Someone closer to her age". The last time she was paired with someone just a little older than her was "The Classic".

I actually compiled a list of her co-stars & their ages for another thread not long ago.

'IRIS' Lee Byung-Hun (38)

'My Wife Got Married' Kim Joo-Hyuk (36)

'Spotlight' Ji Jin-Hee (37)

'Open City' Kim Myung-Min (36)

'Alone In Love' Kam Woo-Sung (38)

'The Art Of Seduction' Song Il-Kook (37)

'April Snow' Bae Yong-Joon (36)

'A Moment To Remember' Jung Woo-Sung (35).

'Summer Scent' Song Seung-Heon (33), 'Summer Scent' Ryu Jin (36)

The younger ones are in late 20's: 'Alone In Love' Lee Jin-Wook (27), 'Classic' Jo Seung-Woo (28), 'Classic' Jo In-Sung (27).

Ko Soo is 30. :)

Guest dewdewdew

Hello all,

kdramafanusa, Thank you for your explain. I try to take it easy but I still so sad about comment of chatteraddict.

chatteraddict, Why did you say that? It's impolite. If you don't like him please keep your feeling in your mind. You don't need to say out. Because you made me and Kosoo's fanclub feel so sad.

Thank you kdramafanusa for more detail of this movie and

the previous lead men of Son Ye Jin.

I am sometimes tired to visit here bcoz of some offended posts.

So please kindly don't post any negative comments to any celebs.

Guest kdramafanusa
Guest chatteraddict

to the offended fans of Ko Soo:

It seems that my last reply in this thread created a controversial topic because of the line "...more of a matinee' idol". I just want to point out some things:

First: in my dictionary, or even in dictionary.com, matinee' idol is define as "a male actor, usually a leading man, idolized esp. by female audiences.". now if there are other definitions, maybe even insulting definiton in some different dictionaries or in the world of the world wide web, i assure you, the sentence quoted above is what i meant, and i dont see anything wrong with that.

Second: Before the controversial line, i wrote there that "im not saying that Mr. Ko Soo is a bad actor.." which i personally dont think he is, i have seen his works, some i liked some i didnt. Whether its a movie or a drama, its just a matter of taste whether someone will like a particular project or not, and im very proud to say that though i am a fan of SYJ, she has done projects that i cant even watch twice.

Third: I was mainly talking about their age gap, as kdramanafusa noted, for the past 6 years,SYJ has been paired with actors 10 years older than her, and if one is used of seeing that for such a long time, it will be weird and surprising (not in a bad way) to hear that she will be paired with someone near her age. Thats just it,

And this is a matter of fact, if anyone visited SYJ thread, i posted there, (as soon as i heard about the news that they will be paired up) that Ko Soo was suppose to be SYJ leading man for The Art of Seduction, but because of his schedule, they gave the role to Song Il Kook , that movie was like 3-4 years ago, if i am not up for the pairing, how can i still remember that tiny detail.

Kim Joo Hyuk is not this uber handsome guy and i personally think Bae Yong Joon is mainly adored by middle aged woman in Japan, Ko Soo is adored by many, maybe thousands of female fans, does it make these men less of an actor? Does it make them bad in the eyes of their fans? I completely believe it doesnt, i dont even think it makes a dent of a difference.

For Mr. Ko Soo's fans who were insulted, hurt or maybe even degraded, i am sincerely sorry, hurting someone's feeling is the last thing i want to do. Maybe its how i said it, or maybe its how i constructed my sentence ,but insulting someone is not my intent.

Kdramafanusa and people who also post in SYJ thread knows that im not into argument, and i get easily scared by people attacking each other, and even typing this post makes my heart race.

this will be my last post for this thread.

To everyone who will be contributing, info, news and pictures about this project, i would like to give my advance thank you.

again i do apologize for whatever hurt i may have cost.

Guest valley girl

Oh my God! what on earth are you saying that Ko Soo is more of a matinee idol... this is definitely an insult to him and his fans... please do not talk or say such things... everyone has their own likes and dislikes, so please remove your negative remarks against him... this is not a comparison thread, but a thread for the movie... and we certainly don't want to hear him being a matinee idol... this is so unfair, so please have some considerations for him and his fans.

so many argue here , talking about gosoo i think i like his appearance after army, anyway why he move from sidusHQ , i haven't watch green rose, only Piano ( so deppress ) and Millionaire something !! . he Got popularity awards in SBS at that time ~ nice to see him. anyway Fivemagic You neglected JJM :D :D :D :D :D :D nobody visit his thread :( :( :( tomorow is his VIP premiere ~ sorry OOT

Guest puppyiz

Anticipate to see YeJin pairing up with my darling KoSoo Nim :P .. they do look good together

( comparing Media pictures posted by 'kdramafanusa' ). ^^

YeJin is a talented actress & she's able to blend well I am sure in any character.

Wonder what sort of 'surprise' will KoSoo Nim have for us, when we get to view <BaekYaHaeng> ??

I'll hold on to my heart .. :lol: in case it falls out

MianHaeYo chingus .. my eyes are blinded these days - only able see highlights concerning ' SonYeJin ' & ' KoSoo '

Peace be to all .. lets not 'fight' but love one another .. 'communicate with feelings ' & my hugs to ALL breezing through this thread.

KOSOO HWAITING !!

Hi kdramafanusa

I have found this news from HB Entertainment

which related to this movie .

Source HB Entertainment

2008/12/15

고수, 5년만에 ‘백야행’으로 스크린 컴백

hbnews20081215.jpg

“순정파 고수를 기대하세요”

배우 고수(사진)가 5년 만에 스크린에 컴백한다.

고수는 2009년 2월부터 촬영을 시작하는 미스터리 멜로물 영화 ‘백야행’(감독 박신우·제작 폴룩스픽쳐스)에 출연키로 했다. 2004년 장윤현 감독의 작품이자 자신의 스크린 데뷔작인 ‘썸’ 이후 5년 만이다.

동명의 일본소설을 영화화하는 ‘백야행’은 서로를 지켜주려다 어이없는 사건에 휘말려 헤어날 수 없는 두 남녀의 사랑을 그린 영화. 고수는 사랑했던 여인을 지켜주려는 순정한 남자 역할을 맡는다.

고수는 4월 공익근무요원으로 임무를 다한 뒤 소집해제돼 5월 연극 ‘돌아온 엄사장’에 출연한 바 있다. 또 ‘백야행’을 통해 톱스타 손예진와 함께 연기를 펼치게 됐다.

손예진은 자신의 욕망을 채우려는 여자로 등장해 파격적인 캐릭터 연기에 또 다시 도전한다. 손예진은 영화 ‘무방비도시’의 관능적인 소매치기로 변신의 묘미를 선보였고, ‘아내가 결혼했다’에서는 이미 결혼한 채 또 다른 남자와 결혼해 두 명의 남편을 둔 여자로 등장했다.

한편 ‘백야행’은 드라마 ‘연애시대’ 등의 박연선 작가가 각본을 썼다. 손예진은 박 작가와 ‘연애시대’에 이어 다시 한 번 함께 작업하게 돼 눈길을 모은다.

윤여수 기자 tadada@donga.com

Archived