[movie 2009] White Night 백야행

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest titaganda2003

I'm wondering if it's eng sub as well. I watched personal taste and thought son ye jin was amazing. So now i'm going through her filmography. I've watched "a moment to remember" and now I'm watching Classic. I hope to see her take on a more serious role in white night but I haven't found a place to watch it with subs and without dl.

so any help is appreciated

Thanks.

Hi...You can download this on mysoju.com...they just uploaded it...hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, I'm very happy to visit here and share my own White Night voyage.smile.gif

Just a few days have passed since I was at last, able to watch this movie in full. I had suffered some delay due to an online glitch but when I rechecked, I was very much relieved to see it repaired already. It is important to note here that I had my own fair share of utmost fascination towards Son Ye Jin and Ko Soo. I so love them both and hence, this feeling compelled me to watch the movie. Ok, enough said on that.wub.gif

And so, I finally went through one great, exciting but anxious rollercoaster ride of White Night's story of thriller and romance. The film started as blurry but it picked up in just a little while. When the ride was finally over, I felt like I had a hang similar to a jet lag. w00t.gif And I'm still recovering from it.

As you may guess, it is not because of the ending, but how the overall plot sequence went about throughout the more than two hour heart wrenching experience. And it did give me a good, contemplative cry. Not the one I usually get from angsty melodramas so I'm grateful towards this aspect.

From the reviews I have read before I watched it, I noticed that one may feel numbness or less sympathy to the characters but I, as another viewer, believe that this film shows us how wide the range of human emotions can be as well as the unpredictability of their actions and their seemingly contrasting motivations and how people's outward appearance may not reflect as how they truly feel inside.

As for the screenplay, I'd like to note that there weren't so much words coming out of the main characters' mouth and sometimes even their facial expressions intended to conceal what they genuinely bear. But of course, some occurrences between and behaviors of the characters spelled the answers for us. In this case, it doesn't entail that we were told all of their secrets and concrete motivations. And I loved that enigma the movie leaves to its viewers to muse upon.

Moreover, I believe these aspects were strongly connected with the black and white or light and darkness theme which very much appealed to me. Likewise, I commend the wise use of it through cinematography and portrayal through character dress ups.

As for the acting, need I say more? No question as to whether Ko Soo is a great actor or not. If still in doubt, watch this movie and you'll see why I honor this man so much. As for beloved Son Ye Jin, I agree that her character was to be depicted as an ambiguous and unemotional one so on that note, I give much credit and love to her portrayal. To give you a proof, I worship SYJ as an actress and a celebrity but her selfish character in this movie, I really seemed to hate (which I didn't imagine I could do just seeing SYJ's face sweatingbullets.gifbut she portrayed it effectively anyway.)

Lastly, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to accept the ending considering how much I love the main leads (sorry to mention again) and how much I would like them to live happily ever after at least in this movie but that perspective changed seeing the actual finish line. In fact, I was more than half relieved how it concluded no matter how pitiful and painful that moment was. Because if we think of it on the other side, even if the film did us a happy end of M&Y, then it would have been realistically implausible. So yes, I'm pretty satisfied with it.

------

Wow! Thanks for those who put all the hard work in this thread! biggrin.gif I very much enjoyed reading every page with so much additional information which even gave me a much brighter and profound understanding of the movie and I got to know more about SYJ and KS offscreen.

Many thanks to Kdramafanusa, Petra, Cris, Puppyiz, Fivemagic for all the lovely contributions.

Archived