(updated!)avex 2009 Audition Experiences

Guest a_dreamer143

GONEGONEGONEGONEGONEGONEGONEGONEGONEGONEGONEGONE.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i did modeling then dancing and then they questioned me then i left was running outta breath lol :]

yeah i thought the judges were gunna be superrrrrr nice but they were just nice lol if that makes sense ;]

i dont think there was enough time for them to let people do 3 talents maybe two at the most since they were behind the planned sched ^^

oh i c. i did singing and dancing lol but my routine was like rly short so :]

lol i agree. they weren't like super duper nice but they were polite and nice and all that.

yea i know but when i looked in the sign in list there were a couple of ppl who put down 3 talents so i was just wondering if anyone did do three ^^

Guest a_dreamer143
oh i c. i did singing and dancing lol but my routine was like rly short so :]

lol i agree. they weren't like super duper nice but they were polite and nice and all that.

yea i know but when i looked in the sign in list there were a couple of ppl who put down 3 talents so i was just wondering if anyone did do three ^^

im scared tho cuz right when im done i couldnt even talk properly LOL cuz i mean my routine was almost 2 mins and so i was like ahhhh i cant breathe right LMAO! and i looked like i was in a rush after my dance cuz i thought they werent gunna ask nethin til they stopped me ahhhh i hope those does not go against my chances :[

im scared tho cuz right when im done i couldnt even talk properly LOL cuz i mean my routine was almost 2 mins and so i was like ahhhh i cant breathe right LMAO! and i looked like i was in a rush after my dance cuz i thought they werent gunna ask nethin til they stopped me ahhhh i hope those does not go against my chances :[

they prob knew u were out of breath from dancing? maaan i wanted to c u dance tho ><

Guest idoldreamer

yea...i'll probably be one of the older people who audition (21) blah...w/e. I guess if they really didn't like me, they wouldn't have given me a chance right? haha. anyways, can't wait to show them my language skills. i'm just afraid that they'll ask me to dance or act (cuz I probably won't have anything prepared by this weekend)...is anyone else going to the NY auditions early Sat. morning? hope to see some of you guys there!!! :w00t:

Guest KawaiiSora
First I have to disagree! the judges were really nice actually!!! their reactions were so animated after my replies to their questions haha

Um Okay I got back really late last night but heres my experience...

the stage was small and it faced the doors of the room which were glass so everyone outside could see you!

felt weird!

Before my time they held a special audition for a little 5 year old boy playing drums and it took a reaallly long time!! so by the time we started going they were kinda behind schedule.

The ppl before me came out so quickly compared to what the SF ones seemed like... so they must have been rushing!

I got in there and did the whole photo thing.

I gave the guy (the one checking ppl in) my CD and said it was for dancing and he asked if I would be singing also in acapella so I said Ya. (thought that meant I could do 2 things >_<)

I got up there and after my introduction the guy told me to start.

When I introduced myself it grabed the judge's attention for some reason (especially when I said my age) and they looked up and focused alot on me and they were so concentrated when I was singing too

I couldn't really see their reaction while singing cause the lights were so bright

When I finished they asked me all those questions and they were interested like I said!!

I would reply and they would go "oOOhhhh" and then converse in japanese for a little bit then ask me somthing else! haha

(3 judges: 2 women and 1 older man, it seemed like he was the important one that the other 2 ladies reported to)

They asked me if I could dance and I was nodding my head YES!! so next they asked me what type of dancing and I thought they were gonna ask me to dance next but they didn't T_T guess they didn't have time

um they also asked me...parents ethnicity, what grade was I in, When I will graduate, where I was from, where I was born, could I speak fluent chinese, what type of music I liked, did I take any singing/dancing lessons, who was my favorite artist, who was my fav DBSK memeber XD etc...

so I was disappointed I didn't get to dance!

but when I left the coordinator guy handed me back my CD and told me "you did really well"!! that's a good sign right?

ya this was really long! XD

But I was really thankful for the detailed SF ones so hope this helped inform someone too!

@KawaiiSora

no your parents stay outside with the other auditioners

Thanks! But... why did they ask you your favorite DBSK member? Oh! And how old are you, that they'd be so animated? Ahhhh.... I'm jealous. I hope I do well. @_@

It seems like you have good chance! I'm so nervous that I won't even compare to others... I hope I get a good reaction. T_T;;;;

AHHHH! The more I think about it, the more negative I get! No! I really want to make it! *dies from inner conflict and doubts*

OH! Does anyone know about what's after this? I mean, if you even get an acceptance letter in a few months. And who knows about the number of people get them, and maybe even the number for each "talent".

*wonders* Most of the people who I know have auditioned are Asian-American... I'm not, so I'm curious how many others aren't too... Oh, I'm also apparently very young to be auditioning. 14 years. O_O

Yes.... *looks up* I should really stop typing now.

Guest ingeni0us
yea...i'll probably be one of the older people who audition (21) blah...w/e. I guess if they really didn't like me, they wouldn't have given me a chance right? haha. anyways, can't wait to show them my language skills. i'm just afraid that they'll ask me to dance or act (cuz I probably won't have anything prepared by this weekend)...is anyone else going to the NY auditions early Sat. morning? hope to see some of you guys there!!! :w00t:

When I saw the sign in sheet, there were young people as young as 9 and older people as old as 24 so there was a wide variety of people there. When I went, the majority of the people waiting were about 12-15 making me the oldest there at the time (18). Although I am 18, I do look very young also -- about 12-13?

I think it may be a good sign that some people got asked a lot of questions and took time. I, on the other hand, wasn't asked any questions though they were impressed that I was the only person who spoke Japanese. As for the judges, the 2 female judges were pretty responsive at first and before I left but the male judge was just nodding his head as he was looking through my portfolio and no other real facial expressions. So, maybe if they liked you, they were super nice to you (or so at LA auditions) and if not, then not really? ..just my personal opinion.

I'm sure if you just finished dancing or something and was out of breath, the judges will be understanding.. you just completed a routine! Don't sweat it.

Guest a_dreamer143
When I saw the sign in sheet, there were young people as young as 9 and older people as old as 24 so there was a wide variety of people there. When I went, the majority of the people waiting were about 12-15 making me the oldest there at the time (18). Although I am 18, I do look very young also -- about 12-13?

I think it may be a good sign that some people got asked a lot of questions and took time. I, on the other hand, wasn't asked any questions though they were impressed that I was the only person who spoke Japanese. As for the judges, the 2 female judges were pretty responsive at first and before I left but the male judge was just nodding his head as he was looking through my portfolio and no other real facial expressions. So, maybe if they liked you, they were super nice to you (or so at LA auditions) and if not, then not really? ..just my personal opinion.

I'm sure if you just finished dancing or something and was out of breath, the judges will be understanding.. you just completed a routine! Don't sweat it.

aki66>>>> i didnt even see u :[

ingenious>>>>>and yeah i hope they do understand it :D thanks for that ^^ so u did modeling too right?

Guest stacynsungmin
hey!what time did u go ^^

My time was 6:30pm but they were running late...why?

sorry if this is personal @_@

i just wanna ask how old r u!? O.O

Oh I'm 17....I guess I look younger?

When I said my age in the intro they shot their heads at me and looked at each other! haha

and when they questioned me after they asked me if I was in high school and if I was a senior.

They seemed to take real interest! I donno why cause I thought being 17 is old but I guess not really compared to ALL of the other auditioners there

Thanks! But... why did they ask you your favorite DBSK member? Oh! And how old are you, that they'd be so animated? Ahhhh.... I'm jealous. I hope I do well. @_@

It seems like you have good chance! I'm so nervous that I won't even compare to others... I hope I get a good reaction. T_T;;;;

AHHHH! The more I think about it, the more negative I get! No! I really want to make it! *dies from inner conflict and doubts*

OH! Does anyone know about what's after this? I mean, if you even get an acceptance letter in a few months. And who knows about the number of people get them, and maybe even the number for each "talent".

*wonders* Most of the people who I know have auditioned are Asian-American... I'm not, so I'm curious how many others aren't too... Oh, I'm also apparently very young to be auditioning. 14 years. O_O

Yes.... *looks up* I should really stop typing now.

you're 3 years younger then me so I'm sure you'll get a animated reaction too!?

all the ppl I saw on the sign in chart were older than me so ya your probably the youngest ones auditioning, that's a good thing though!!^^

I wrote down that my favorite artist was 东放神起 so one of the ladies asked me “so your favorite artist is DBSK?” “who is your favorite member?”

haha you’re having inner conflict? tell me about it!!!

After this (maybe a handful or two) are gonna be flown to Japan to audition for the final round at the company. and those picked from there are given a contract.

I saw a girl auditioning at a time before me who was completely American...as in white with blonde hair so don’t worry

and when they questioned me after they asked me if I was in high school and if I was a senior.

They seemed to take real interest! I donno why cause I thought being 17 is old but I guess not really compared to ALL of the other auditioners there

I'm older than you (19), but they asked me if I was in school, and when I said no they asked if I was concentrating on music instead. I think maybe they want to know how easy it would be for you to leave..?

Guest E1izabeth

I went as a model to the one in SF. We first signed on a sign-in sheet, then Mori (Avex scheduler) gave us our number to stick on the left shoulder and then took snapshots. I waited on couch for about three minutes, then went in. The lighting was dim. There was a couch on the left, and the three judges were there (one chinese woman, one japanese male, and one japanese lady). I thought the Japanese guy was cute (but then again I like old guys who look serious). I don't remember what happened, but I remember the middle guy was holding my application out (because I saw my application photo). I also handed my portfolio to the Japanese women. Then... I got on stage, the video staff member helped adjust my mike and then asked the Japanese woman judge if we need video recorded. She says no it is ok and asked me to introduce myself. I said my name, number and age in Japanese. Then she asked me to repeat my age. I answered back in Japanese. Then she asked me for the year because she figures I said it wrong in Japanese the first time; I repeated once more .... ^____^ (I'm 26). Anyway... I guess they wanted to "save face", and didn't kick me off the stage right then and there. So then they went through my application I think. They asked me where I was born, where are my parents from, where I learned Japanese, what was my major in University, whether I could speak both cantonese and mandarin, and how long I played the piano. One of my responses when switching from Japanese to Mandarin Chinese prompted the chuckle of the guy judge tho (I said my favorite food is pancake!! True statement!!). Anyhoo... then they asked me to play on keyboard. I hit a wrong note... but that probably wasn't as bad as my song choice (Utada Hikaru song). They didn't clap. Everyone said thank you... When I came out, Mori just asked how it went and says not to panic, we probably won't hear back until all auditions are done, so about a month.

Guest E1izabeth

Hi Sparkerly,

Yup. Signed up as just model only (but my application part for instruments mentioned piano). So they asked me to play keyboard too. I handed the Japanese lady my portfolio as I first walked in. I think she passed it to the Chinese one who flipped through it during the audition.

At the end, I got off stage went to the judges for any last minute things. They didn't seem to give me back my portfolio, but in any case I said they could keep it. So they nodded, we exchanged our thank-you's and I had the rest of my Saturday to enjoy.

Guest kittychang

When I said my age in the intro they shot their heads at me and looked at each other! haha

woww xDD thats so kool

im 16 x-x

i have a question for people!!!

if i do wonder girls nobody dance---> would it be 2 simple!? = ="

cause i learned it in 2 hours they other day x.x

Guest KawaiiSora
My time was 6:30pm but they were running late...why?

you're 3 years younger then me so I'm sure you'll get a animated reaction too!?

all the ppl I saw on the sign in chart were older than me so ya your probably the youngest ones auditioning, that's a good thing though!!^^

I wrote down that my favorite artist was 东放神起 so one of the ladies asked me “so your favorite artist is DBSK?” “who is your favorite member?”

haha you’re having inner conflict? tell me about it!!!

After this (maybe a handful or two) are gonna be flown to Japan to audition for the final round at the company. and those picked from there are given a contract.

I saw a girl auditioning at a time before me who was completely American...as in white with blonde hair so don’t worry

Wow! I guess I'm a young one (lol)! I hope they have an interesting reaction. XP

And OH MY--. Inner conflict... tell me about it! I hurt my voice a week ago and it still hasn't recovered completely. *the STRESS*

Hmmm... a handful or two. AH.... so few! I wonder whether they really DO divide by what the people auditioned for. Or, maybe it's just whoever they like best. Well, then there's the last round, which isn't even mentioned on the site!

Who knows what you actually do in that (I'm curious, and I'll probably never find out otherwise)?

I'm half-Austrian... well not really directly. Both of my parents are half-Austrian too. I don't quite fit the American girl image (actually, I don't like it that much anyways): Light-brown hair that shines like a penny (XDDDD) in the sun.... brown eyes with a dark rim. Urmm.... curly hair! That REALLY sets me apart. O_O

Guest a_dreamer143
Wow! I guess I'm a young one (lol)! I hope they have an interesting reaction. XP

And OH MY--. Inner conflict... tell me about it! I hurt my voice a week ago and it still hasn't recovered completely. *the STRESS*

Hmmm... a handful or two. AH.... so few! I wonder whether they really DO divide by what the people auditioned for. Or, maybe it's just whoever they like best. Well, then there's the last round, which isn't even mentioned on the site!

Who knows what you actually do in that (I'm curious, and I'll probably never find out otherwise)?

I'm half-Austrian... well not really directly. Both of my parents are half-Austrian too. I don't quite fit the American girl image (actually, I don't like it that much anyways): Light-brown hair that shines like a penny (XDDDD) in the sun.... brown eyes with a dark rim. Urmm.... curly hair! That REALLY sets me apart. O_O

editted: the last round for the US one is on the site..at least it says a lil info bout it :]

Guest KawaiiSora
editted: the last round for the US one is on the site..at least it says a lil info bout it :]

I know... the site just says that as the last step, so I though it meant that whoever made it there won...

It doesn't say anything other than "Selected finalists will be invited to Japan to present themselves to our top producers and earn a chance to become stars!"

So, other than meeting the producers, I'm clueless of what happens. I wonder how they choose people (if they really do have another round) in that?

Guest a_dreamer143
I know... the site just says that as the last step, so I though it meant that whoever made it there won...

It doesn't say anything other than "Selected finalists will be invited to Japan to present themselves to our top producers and earn a chance to become stars!"

So, other than meeting the producers, I'm clueless of what happens. I wonder how they choose people (if they really do have another round) in that?

yeah but remember those 2 filipino girls who got accepted?im guessing theyll do the same :]

Archived