(updated!)avex 2009 Audition Experiences

Guest a_dreamer143

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest idoldreamer
yeah they pay for everythinggg jus like any other korean companies [like u know how SM jyp pays for everything and stuff ) ^_^

sweet. i'm really anxious now. i didn't know there were 4 rounds. i hope i make it past this 2nd round. it'd be amazing!

Guest a_dreamer143
sweet. i'm really anxious now. i didn't know there were 4 rounds. i hope i make it past this 2nd round. it'd be amazing!

theres actually only 3..

1st-invitation

2nd-live audition

3rd- perform in front of the top producers/big guy [president perhaps]

may i ask how old u r?i think i remember u posting a pic of urself asking for people's opinion..correct me if im wrong.

Guest gummiii bears

ooooh how i cravee to be picked o____o

i auditioned really early in the morning so i dont think much people went to the one in new york;

but like by the time it was 12; they already skipped like at least 20 numbers because alot of people werent here for their appointment and some were early;

i was the third to go in the dayy. omgg.. it was soooo scarry >___________<

i met some other auditioners there and they were soooo nice;

most of the people that went before 2 were either mixed with asian and white/italian/puerto rican or just not asian xD

me and my friend was like the 2 out of like 3 full asians theree xDD

everyone good luck; and if i dont get in, i hope someone can represent out dreams for me :]

Guest smilesweet

What are your guesses on how many people will be called back to the next--or apparently final--round? My estimate (total guess here) is about 10 out of the 400+ people who probably auditioned, especially if it is the final round in Japan. What do you guys think?

Guest a_dreamer143
What are your guesses on how many people will be called back to the next--or apparently final--round? My estimate (total guess here) is about 10 out of the 400+ people who probably auditioned, especially if it is the final round in Japan. What do you guys think?

mm..maybe 5 people in each city? or less or more lol or none lmao its hard to estimate :[

Guest flyaway.

^^ LOL. Yeah, it's hard to estimate.

It really depends on how many people they see potential in.

I mean, I don't think they have a limit of how many they'll take.

Guest a_dreamer143
^^ LOL. Yeah, it's hard to estimate.

It really depends on how many people they see potential in.

I mean, I don't think they have a limit of how many they'll take.

^ yup i totally agree.

Guest idoldreamer
theres actually only 3..

1st-invitation

2nd-live audition

3rd- perform in front of the top producers/big guy [president perhaps]

may i ask how old u r?i think i remember u posting a pic of urself asking for people's opinion..correct me if im wrong.

o...there's only 3? even better! the avex flyer had said 4 rounds...i'm not sure what that is then. and they even said winners will be notified in December. maybe it's for something else...? anyways, yes i am the person who posted pictures of myself (21)...and the same person who got owned really badly by everyone's negative comments. i had a couple of people who were really generous and kind to give me positive feedback and criticism. i'm not just looking for comments that please me, but seriously...some ppl were really harsh and didn't know where they stood, themselves, to make such comments. so i took all my pictures down. but w/e...i'm not over it now. i'm gonna try hard and who knows? i might prove them badly wrong. haha

i'm happy that at least someone remembers me...hopefully u're not one of those haters j/k :P

Guest a_dreamer143
o...there's only 3? even better! the avex flyer had said 4 rounds...i'm not sure what that is then. and they even said winners will be notified in December. maybe it's for something else...? anyways, yes i am the person who posted pictures of myself (21)...and the same person who got owned really badly by everyone's negative comments. i had a couple of people who were really generous and kind to give me positive feedback and criticism. i'm not just looking for comments that please me, but seriously...some ppl were really harsh and didn't know where they stood, themselves, to make such comments. so i took all my pictures down. but w/e...i'm not over it now. i'm gonna try hard and who knows? i might prove them badly wrong. haha

i'm happy that at least someone remembers me...hopefully u're not one of those haters j/k :P

i think that flyer or whatver was for world cuz world has 4 and people will be notified in december :D

and dont worry i dont hate on people ^^ but i remember u having the perfect teeth LMAO :D

Guest E1izabeth

Hey idoldreamer,

Yeah. There's tons of negativity out there. I try not to post pics of myself, because ...

Giants will think I'm short. Midgets will think I'm tall.

Aliens think my eyes are too small.

And elephants will just think my nose is too damn ugly

So you see, it doesn't make much of a difference what giants, midgets, aliens or elephants might think.

Just listen to yourself.

Guest idoldreamer

awww thanks! that means a lot to me. at least i know now that there are some soompiers who aren't just haters. hahaha. j/k j/k. and thanks a_dreamer143 for complimenting on my teeth! ^-^ i like them too. hahaha.

Guest a_dreamer143
awww thanks! that means a lot to me. at least i know now that there are some soompiers who aren't just haters. hahaha. j/k j/k. and thanks a_dreamer143 for complimenting on my teeth! ^-^ i like them too. hahaha.

hehe np! but dont let them haters get to u :] some r jus doing it for fun, but if u think that their comment is pretty reasonable jus take it as an advice to get better :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest captbaka

Hi everyone.

I was at the Sunday New York auditions around 2 or so? If you were there at the same time, I was the 5'9" half-Japanese girl. I don't think there were any others...

Anyways, I went in to sing. I actually have my BFA in acting from NYU, but ... didn't the acting audition seem kind of awkward? I think that's why so many people didn't do it. Anyways, I sang 'Ningyo' by Amuro Namie. I actually picked that song because I think she sings really badly in it, and I wanted to prove I was better!

I sang it acapella because I wanted to really slow it down. I'm from Georgia, and I wanted to throw in some of that Southern soul, you know? :rolleyes:

Everyone waiting was SO nice! Everyone who came to audition, all the staff were so sweet. It was really an enjoyable experience. I think because it wasn't mostly performers that showed up, there was a really fresh air in the room.

Anyways, I was the first to go after lunch (which is always great). I went into the room and the 2 girls and guy were at the table, and 2 other guys were running the videocamera and the technical stuff. I speak fluent Japanese, so I introduced myself in Japanese, and answered all the questions in Japanese. One of the women didn't speak at all, so she must have been the one that speaks Mandarin...?

The audition itself went really well. I usually get really nervous singing in front of people, but there was a mirror in front of me, so I could just kind of ignore the judges, and relax. I felt alone up there on the stage. I sang with the mic stand. Man that felt so good.

I felt like such a rock star. I destroyed that song, I think. Near the end (in a moment of confidence), I glanced down at the judges and the guy was listening with his eyes closed!!! ...I hope he wasn't sleeping or something... :P

In the interview after, I was really surprised by how long they took to take notes after I would answer a question. Like several minutes of complete silence... or so it felt like.

I just really really really want to go to Japan. Even if I don't get signed, I just really want the opportunity to go to Japan, you know? Ugh. My biggest worry is that I'm too old. Which is ridiculous. I'm 23. But they REALLY look to train people at a really young age, I think.

If anyone hears ANYTHING, please post it. I will do the same. Hopefully I'll see some of you in February!!!

Guest Hello! Project
Hi everyone.

I was at the Sunday New York auditions around 2 or so? If you were there at the same time, I was the 5'9" half-Japanese girl. I don't think there were any others...

Anyways, I went in to sing. I actually have my BFA in acting from NYU, but ... didn't the acting audition seem kind of awkward? I think that's why so many people didn't do it. Anyways, I sang 'Ningyo' by Amuro Namie. I actually picked that song because I think she sings really badly in it, and I wanted to prove I was better!

I sang it acapella because I wanted to really slow it down. I'm from Georgia, and I wanted to throw in some of that Southern soul, you know? :rolleyes:

Everyone waiting was SO nice! Everyone who came to audition, all the staff were so sweet. It was really an enjoyable experience. I think because it wasn't mostly performers that showed up, there was a really fresh air in the room.

Anyways, I was the first to go after lunch (which is always great). I went into the room and the 2 girls and guy were at the table, and 2 other guys were running the videocamera and the technical stuff. I speak fluent Japanese, so I introduced myself in Japanese, and answered all the questions in Japanese. One of the women didn't speak at all, so she must have been the one that speaks Mandarin...?

The audition itself went really well. I usually get really nervous singing in front of people, but there was a mirror in front of me, so I could just kind of ignore the judges, and relax. I felt alone up there on the stage. I sang with the mic stand. Man that felt so good.

I felt like such a rock star. I destroyed that song, I think. Near the end (in a moment of confidence), I glanced down at the judges and the guy was listening with his eyes closed!!! ...I hope he wasn't sleeping or something... :P

In the interview after, I was really surprised by how long they took to take notes after I would answer a question. Like several minutes of complete silence... or so it felt like.

I just really really really want to go to Japan. Even if I don't get signed, I just really want the opportunity to go to Japan, you know? Ugh. My biggest worry is that I'm too old. Which is ridiculous. I'm 23. But they REALLY look to train people at a really young age, I think.

If anyone hears ANYTHING, please post it. I will do the same. Hopefully I'll see some of you in February!!!

captbakaさん 、

ジョージアのどこから来たのですか

あたしはNYですが、アトランタで育ちました。lol^^

well、、、オーディションおめでとう!

あたしはオーディションを受けたかったですけど・・・・・・。T_T

Guest captbaka
captbakaさん 、

ジョージアのどこから来たのですか

あたしはNYですが、アトランタで育ちました。lol^^

well、、、オーディションおめでとう!

あたしはオーディションを受けたかったですけど・・・・・・。T_T

I was born and raised in Marietta, but have been in New York for the past 4-5 years. Where did you grow up in

Georgia?

Archived