(updated!)avex 2009 Audition Experiences

Guest a_dreamer143

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ingeni0us
do we really need a parent or guardian with us for those who already audition?

I doubt it. A lot of people were they with just a parental consent form and without parents so I think it should be fine. They were not that strict about a lot of things.

Guest athenachen
wowww!! tnx for sharing!! xD

wait i have a question...did they cut you off?!O.O

or u stopped?!

um, they cut me off

well the audio guy did

i was wondering..what made you say they werent as nice as you thought they'd be? thanks!

I think that the experience at the SF audition made them seem like they were UBER nice

but they were okay.. very distant and polite i guess

they were probably also kind of stressed because they were about half an hour behind schedule..

Guest a_dreamer143
um, they cut me off

well the audio guy did

I think that the experience at the SF audition made them seem like they were UBER nice

they were probably also kind of stressed because they were about half an hour behind schedule..

may i ask how long was ur song originally?

yeah maybe they were superrrrr nice in SF cuz it wasnt as many as the people in LA :/

Guest kittychang
um, they cut me off

well the audio guy did

ohh thank you!

sorry if this is 2 much question but how did he cut u off?! a hand signal or

just turms the music off?

Guest Lee shi

Well, from what I could understand nobody applied using that web form, right?

Because I'm brazilian, so I'll have to send my application form via web, and I wanted to know whether I am going to need to record anything and send or if it is just about answering some questions or anything and sending them those two pictures and wait for the e-mail...

I'm so totally lost because I have no one to help me recording anything and I'll have to go to a photograph studio to take the pictures. I'm afraid the pics are going to be like trash if I take them myself [or if my brother helps me].

Anway, I wish you luck, people! ^^

um, they cut me off

well the audio guy did

Lol i got cut off too. well, at least i think i did. i held the note and he did the thing w/ his hand where he brought it up and lowered it down like telling me to slowly stop so i did. iono if that meant stop or he was trying to help me but i just stopped at that point.

Yea i thought they were okay too. I don't know if they were really pretty like people said cuz i didn't have my glasses on xD but the guy judge seemed sorta disinterested. iono thats the vibe i got.

did you guys turn in your consent form? i brought it w/ me (along w/ my mom) but they didn't ask for it or anything so i didn't give it to them o_o and did anyone do more than 2 talents? just wondering cuz some ppl signed up for like 3 talents and i really wanted to do piano too so i just wanted to know.

Guest a_dreamer143
Lol i got cut off too. well, at least i think i did. i held the note and he did the thing w/ his hand where he brought it up and lowered it down like telling me to slowly stop so i did. iono if that meant stop or he was trying to help me but i just stopped at that point.

Yea i thought they were okay too. I don't know if they were really pretty like people said cuz i didn't have my glasses on xD but the guy judge seemed sorta disinterested. iono thats the vibe i got.

did you guys turn in your consent form? i brought it w/ me (along w/ my mom) but they didn't ask for it or anything so i didn't give it to them o_o and did anyone do more than 2 talents? just wondering cuz some ppl signed up for like 3 talents and i really wanted to do piano too so i just wanted to know.

i did modeling then dancing and then they questioned me then i left was running outta breath lol :]

yeah i thought the judges were gunna be superrrrrr nice but they were just nice lol if that makes sense ;]

i dont think there was enough time for them to let people do 3 talents maybe two at the most since they were behind the planned sched ^^

Guest KawaiiSora

Does your parent stay in the room with you while you audition?

Guest stacynsungmin

First I have to disagree! the judges were really nice actually!!! their reactions were so animated after my replies to their questions haha

Um Okay I got back really late last night but heres my experience...

the stage was small and it faced the doors of the room which were glass so everyone outside could see you!

felt weird!

Before my time they held a special audition for a little 5 year old boy playing drums and it took a reaallly long time!! so by the time we started going they were kinda behind schedule.

The ppl before me came out so quickly compared to what the SF ones seemed like... so they must have been rushing!

I got in there and did the whole photo thing.

I gave the guy (the one checking ppl in) my CD and said it was for dancing and he asked if I would be singing also in acapella so I said Ya. (thought that meant I could do 2 things >_<)

I got up there and after my introduction the guy told me to start.

When I introduced myself it grabed the judge's attention for some reason (especially when I said my age) and they looked up and focused alot on me and they were so concentrated when I was singing too

I couldn't really see their reaction while singing cause the lights were so bright

When I finished they asked me all those questions and they were interested like I said!!

I would reply and they would go "oOOhhhh" and then converse in japanese for a little bit then ask me somthing else! haha

(3 judges: 2 women and 1 older man, it seemed like he was the important one that the other 2 ladies reported to)

They asked me if I could dance and I was nodding my head YES!! so next they asked me what type of dancing and I thought they were gonna ask me to dance next but they didn't T_T guess they didn't have time

um they also asked me...parents ethnicity, what grade was I in, When I will graduate, where I was from, where I was born, could I speak fluent chinese, what type of music I liked, did I take any singing/dancing lessons, who was my favorite artist, who was my fav DBSK memeber XD etc...

so I was disappointed I didn't get to dance!

but when I left the coordinator guy handed me back my CD and told me "you did really well"!! that's a good sign right?

ya this was really long! XD

But I was really thankful for the detailed SF ones so hope this helped inform someone too!

@KawaiiSora

no your parents stay outside with the other auditioners

Guest a_dreamer143
First I have to disagree! the judges were really nice actually!!! their reactions were so animated after my replies to their questions haha

the stage was small and it faced the doors of the room which were glass so everyone outside could see you!

felt weird!

Before my time they held a special audition for a little 5 year old boy playing drums and it took a reaallly long time!! so by the time we started going they were kinda behind schedule.

The ppl before me came out so quickly compared to what the SF ones seemed like... so they must have been rushing!

I gave the guy (the one checking ppl in) my CD and said it was for dancing and he asked if I would be singing also in acapella so I said Ya. (thought that meant I could do 2 things >_<)

When I introduced myself it grabed the judge's attention for some reason (especially when I said my age) and they looked up and focused alot on me and they were so concentrated when I was singing too

I couldn't really see their reaction while singing cause the lights were so bright

When I finished they asked me all those questions and they were interested like I said!!

I would reply and they would go "oOOhhhh" and then converse in japanese for a little bit then ask me somthing else! haha

(3 judges: 2 women and 1 older man, it seemed like he was the important one that the other 2 ladies reported to)

They asked me if I could dance and I was nodding my head YES!! so next they asked me what type of dancing and I thought they were gonna ask me to dance next but they didn't T_T guess they didn't have time

um they also asked me...parents ethnicity, what grade was I in, When I will graduate, where I was from, where I was born, could I speak fluent chinese, what type of music I liked, did I take any singing/dancing lessons, who was my favorite artist, who was my fav DBSK memeber XD etc...

but when I left the coordinator guy handed me back my CD and told me "you did really well"!! that's a good sign right?

But I was really thankful for the detailed SF ones so hope this helped inform someone too!

@KawaiiSora

hey!what time did u go ^^

Guest kittychang

felt weird!

@KawaiiSora

sorry if this is personal @_@

i just wanna ask how old r u!? O.O

Guest cynstar.

is anyone here going to the NY auditions?

they sent me an email saying i was selected,

but they never responded with the available time slot :T

did anyone else get it yet?

just curious whats the age range of people that go to audition?

is everyone here in the 13-18 group?

Guest hello_lulu
is anyone here going to the NY auditions?

they sent me an email saying i was selected,

but they never responded with the available time slot :T

did anyone else get it yet?

just curious whats the age range of people that go to audition?

is everyone here in the 13-18 group?

I'm 20, but I look like I'm 17-18.

Guest athenachen
may i ask how long was ur song originally?

yeah maybe they were superrrrr nice in SF cuz it wasnt as many as the people in LA :/

ohh thank you!

sorry if this is 2 much question but how did he cut u off?! a hand signal or

just turms the music off?

Um, my song is about 3-4 minutes?

i guess it really depends on how fast i sing my song..

i was singing acapella so he kind of just did this hand signal to stop singing

lol, i was just about to continue singing, drawing in breath and everything

and i just held it when i saw him tell me to stop

it must have looked really funny on tape HAHA ^^;;

GONEGONEGONEGONEGONEGONEGONEGONEGONEGONEGONEGONE.

Guest cynstar.

hmmm, im starting to feel old cause im close to the cut off age >.<

its ok, i look younger than that anyways!

i guess i'll be the only one that doesnt need that parental concent form LOL

another question, did anyone NOT get past the appilcation process?

i mean, no email back from avex for an audition?

Archived