Song Seung Hun 송승헌

Admin

Song Seung Heon In Talks To Star In New tvN Drama

a76387d6c49f4c91aa59a065c4cd7984.jpeg?s=

Song Seung Heon may be starring in a new drama!

A source from his agency Better Ent stated on February 19, “Song Seung Heon has received a role offer for tvN’s new drama ‘The Great Show’ (literal title) and is positively looking over it.”

Song Seung Heon was offered the role of Wi Dae Han, a former member of the National Assembly. At the age of 32, Wi Dae Han entered the 19th National Assembly as a youth representative. He lost in the 20th general elections and led a failed political career ever since. While he has every quality of a star politician like quick wit, eloquence, and good looks, his hot-tempered personality always brings him down in the most decisive moments.

The drama will center around Wi Dae Han and his three other problematic siblings. It will portray the way the four imperfect individuals come together and unite as a family in a comedic yet touching way. Viewers will be able to enjoy the general theme of family and romance with hints of satire.

“The Great Show” will be Song Seung Heon’s first drama in a year since OCN’s “Player” and is scheduled for broadcast during the second half of 2019.

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

• Like 2

On 2/20/2019 at 5:26 PM, willenette said:

*** In case, SSH will take this new drama offered to him, this will be the first political role he's going to do. So, I have a strong feeling that he's going to consider this. I hope he's going to accept the offer. :P  

I read that some kfans don't like him to do this drama because the writer is not well known or good. His/her last work was in 2014 and it's not popular. Also they feel it's similar to Player. The character is similar to Kang Ha Ri. Some wants him to be in a good agency to get good projects.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

***  Im Joo Hwan is in talks to join the upcoming tvN drama “The Great Show”.  Earlier, it was reported that Lee Sun Bin was also offered to star in the drama. If she accepts the offer, she will take on the role of Yoo Ha Young, an affectionate, righteous, and nosy head writer.  I hope we could get to hear SSH decision here soon.  :lol:

• Like 1

Nobody has confirmed yet. I read in DC fans don't want him to do a family drama since he is not in his 50s yet. They want a melodrama, a comedy film or just continue with action genre. Or not make a comback at all this year if there is no good script. But I understand if SSH wants to explore and spread his wings. I will trust his decision. I also want him in a melodrama. He said also he wants to do a traditional melodrama. Maybe no good  script yet. I just hope he makes a comeback this year. I'm going crazy missing him haha

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see him in some drama ala HBO's Succession, a show about a media mogul family and the conflict of the old father not wanting to leave his position for the younger generation. Song in the role of Kendall, who was about to take over, but then pushed back in a ruthless manner by his father. Kendall also struggles with addiction and lack of confidence towards his father. I think he could pull off the role.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ssh.reborn said:

Song Seung Heon meet up with King Kong by Starship. The agency of Lee Kwang Soo, Lee Dong Wok, Yoo Yeon Seok, Kim Bum, Monster X. There are 60 artists in the agency.

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=469&aid=0000377998&lfrom=facebook

Hi ssh.reborn, thanks for sharing the link. I wonder if his contract with his current Label expiring soon since he's discussing exclusive contract with King Kong by Starship.  And this is confirmed by an official of the King Kong by Starship. :P

• Like 1

*** I've finally done watching his recent drama, "The Player" since I wasn't able to watch this continuously when it was airing because of lack of time. I enjoyed watching more the second-half of the drama. It has improved greatly from the first. There’s a solid team of actors, with great direction and camerawork and good production quality. Their performances were wonderful. The friendship and relationship between the team of four criminals was the highlight of “The Player.” The number times the team are almost caught while carrying out their schemes makes the drama full of suspense and very funny. Overall “The Player” was an excellent action comedy that is definitely worth taking your time to watch. I am happy to say again that Song Seung Heon can’t be any more gorgeous that in this episode. Do Jin Woong is super muscular that he is almost unbeatable in a fight. Im-Byung Min is a super hacker. Cha A-Ryeong is a super driver. Kang Hari, he is a super swindler. And there is an unofficial member of the group. Jang In Kyu, who is a frustrated public prosecutor. :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 2:28 AM, ssh.reborn said:

SSH confirmed to star in the Great Show

Hi ssh.reborn, ye, he's taking the drama. VIXX’s Hyuk has been cast in the drama, too. He will be taking on the role of an idol trainee named Choi Jung Woo, the boyfriend of Wi Dae Han’s daughter Han Da Jung. The drama is slated to air in the second half of this year. Can't wait! :P

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

In his post-Player interview, he said he wants to do a traditional melodrama. Maybe he hasn't received a good script yet. Kdramas these days are more into fantasy, thriller, medical, legal, and romcom. Ofc, the historical dramas. Nothing like AIMH and EOE. I want to see him in such dramas again. Hopefully, he gets another daesang.  

• 5 weeks later...

6/27 Lee Byung Hun sent a coffee truck support to Song Seung Hun at his drama filming site. Back in January, SSH had sent BH a coffee & tea truck at the movie set of The Man Standing Next. (pics here)

Photos: Song Seung Hun

Caption:  Eugene Choi !! Thank you for your support !  (SSH re-enacting Mr.Sunshine scene)

Their friendship goes back a long way with the last project together was Happy Together in 1999.

Thanks to @BillyRocks_13

Spoiler

Photo: 지니 @bh_jinny

D-EG02GUwAAXVUQ.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 11:08 AM, ssh.reborn said:

In his post-Player interview, he said he wants to do a traditional melodrama. Maybe he hasn't received a good script yet. Kdramas these days are more into fantasy, thriller, medical, legal, and romcom. Ofc, the historical dramas. Nothing like AIMH and EOE. I want to see him in such dramas again. Hopefully, he gets another daesang.  

After the great show, i hope he will do melodrama or romcom drama with son ye jin or ha ji won.

• Like 2