Song Seung Hun 송승헌

Admin

K-Drama Sneak Peek: Song Seung Heon Sets To Realize A Politician’s Dream In “The Great Show”

The-Great-Show_6-660x400.jpg

Song Seung Heon sprees to an amusing goal of regaining his lawmaker status in tvN’s new weekend drama, The Great Show.

Together with Lee Sun Bin (Sketch) and Lim Ju Hwan (Different Dreams) tvN’s latest family drama adds politics and comedy making it an interesting story.

The Great Show

The rough story sketch

To become a politician again, Wi Dae Han (Song Seung Heon) takes in Jung Soo Hyun (Lee Sun Bin) and her siblings when their mother died. That is for his premeditated plan of attracting sentiments as he enters the National Assembly again.

The Main Leads

Suiting up as aspiring politician, Song Seung Heon has been praised by the production team for immersing in his role. Making sure to check the camera position and right amount of emotion, his character synergy breathes life to an interesting character.

Song Seung Heon_The Great Show
The-Great-Show_10.jpg

Lee Sun Bin sets to portray Jung Soo Hyun, who agrees to be sheltered by Wi Dae Han along with her siblings.

The back story of why he connects to orphaned sibling amplifies curiosity of the great show he is weaving. In an interview, Song shared that he chose the project owing to its unique character.

Meanwhile, Lim Ju Hwan takes the role of Kang Joon Ho. A rich, politics critic who is the icon of rational conservatives. Still cuts reflect connection between Lim and Song’s characters further heightening the story that will be created between them.

Tension is shown in what seemed to be a confrontation scene between Lim and Song where the wealth disparity is evident.

The Creative Team

At the directorial seat of The Great Show is Shin Yong Hwi. His portfolio includes Hide and Seek, Cross, Tunnel and Bad Guys. Penning the series is writer Sul Joon Suk.

The Great Show will air on September 26 at 9:30 p.m. via tvN.

source : HellloKpop

• Like 1

*** This drama looks adorable & hilarious. Usually, political dramas are dark but this one has a comedic family take on it. There are a handful of cute kid actors so, it's a win! The drama premiered yesterday, Mon-Tues slot. I guess SSH finds this kind of show comfortable. It is simply hilarious! :P According to Nielsen Korea, it recorded 3.1 percent viewership, peaking at 4.0 percent.  In cable dramas, 1%-5% of viewer’s ratings are a standard win. Keep in mind that shows from major broadcasting networks tend to receive higher Nielsen ratings than the ones from cable networks because not as many have access to cable channels. That’s why, viewership ratings are calculated slightly different for cable network dramas.

• Like 1

*** “The Great Show” started at 3.1% and decreased on its second day. :)

Monday-Tuesday Korean Drama Ratings | 4th Week Of August

cover-ratings-0828.jpg

Monday-Tuesday K-Dramas’ ratings are back! Which drama came first in the ratings this week?

“The Great Show” just started this week on tvN.

August 26 (Monday)
Welcome 2 Life Ep.14 MBC 5.5%
Welcome 2 Life Ep.13 MBC 4.1%
At Eighteen JTBC 3.8%
Let Me Hear Your Song Ep.14 KBS 2.9%
Let Me Hear Your Song Ep.13 KBS 2.3%
The Great Show tvN 3.1%

August 27 (Tuesday)
Welcome 2 Life Ep.16 MBC 4.4%
Let Me Hear Your Song Ep.16 KBS 3.7%
Welcome 2 Life Ep.15 MBC 3.5%
At Eighteen JTBC 3.5%
Let Me Hear Your Song Ep.15 KBS 3.2%
The Great Show tvN 2.9%

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/monday-tuesday-korean-drama-ratings-4th-week-of-august/

• Like 1

• In cable dramas, 1%-5% of viewer’s ratings are a standard win. Shows from major broadcasting networks tend to receive higher Nielsen ratings than the ones from cable networks because not as many have access to cable channels. That’s why, viewership ratings are calculated slightly different for cable network dramas. :P\

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Aug. 26-Sep. 1, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

It’s a new month, and with a new month comes new dramas! Joining the Monday-Tuesday lineup was tvN’s The Great Show, which had a great start with 3 percent ratings.

Monday, Aug. 26      
Let Me Hear Your Song 13 KBS 2.3%
Let Me Hear Your Song 14 KBS 2.9%
Welcome 2 Life 13 MBC 4.1%
Welcome 2 Life 14 MBC 5.5%
A Moment at Eighteen 11 JTBC 3.8%
The Great Show 1 tvN 3.1%
Tuesday, Aug. 27      
Let Me Hear Your Song 15 KBS 3.2%
Let Me Hear Your Song 16 KBS 3.7%
Welcome 2 Life 15 MBC 3.5%
Welcome 2 Life 15 MBC 4.4%
A Moment at Eighteen 12 JTBC 3.5%
The Great Show 2 tvN 2.9%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-aug-26-sep-1-2019/

• Like 1

Song Seung Heon Faces Off Against His Rival Im Joo Hwan In “The Great Show”

cdaebfbff9a6416cba7403ba572736f2.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “The Great Show” has released new stills of Song Seung Heon and Im Joo Hwan!

“The Great Show” is a new drama starring Song Seung Heon as Wi Dae Han, a former National Assembly member who hopes to get back into office. In order to appear more relatable to voters, Wi Dae Han decides to take in four troublemaker siblings (played by Noh Jung UiJung Joon WonKim Jun, and Park Ye Na). Im Joo Hwan appears as the conservative lawyer lawyer Kang Jun Ho.

In the previous episode of “The Great Show,” Song Seung Heon transformed into a convincing father in order to not only shake off his “immoral” image to voters, but also to prevent his rival Im Joo Hwan from joining the National Assembly. Viewers are curious to see how Song Seung Heon and Im Joo Hwan’s rivalry will develop in future episodes.

song-seung-heon-2.jpg

In the released stills, the two men finally come face-to-face when they appear on a current affairs television program. The tension in the room is palpable, and both men exchange fierce glances, unwilling to back down.

song-seung-heon-im-joo-hwan.jpg

song-seung-heon-1.jpg

Song Seung Heon also makes a 180 degree transformation with his formal suit and perfect posture. His appearance is reminiscent of his time as a successful political rookie, and it remains a mystery whether he will have a chance to turn his life around.

The production staff stated, “The second phase of Song Seung Heon’s re-entry into the National Assembly will take place. The reunion between Song Seung Heon and Im Joo Hwan, who are entangled in a rivalry you can’t take your eyes off, will take place at a current affairs television program. The beginning of the second match will be interesting, so please stay tuned.”

“The Great Show” airs on Mondays and Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Watch an episode of “The Great Show” below!

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

*** “The Great Show” ratings were quite similar to last week. :P

Monday-Tuesday Korean Drama Ratings | 1st Week Of September

Monday-Tuesday K-Dramas’ ratings are back! Which drama came first in the ratings this week?

Sept. 2 (Monday)

Welcome 2 Life Ep.18 MBC 4.8%
Welcome 2 Life Ep.17 MBC 3.8%
At Eighteen JTBC 3.5%
The Great Show tvN 3.0%
Let Me Hear Your Song Ep.18 KBS 2.8%
Let Me Hear Your Song Ep.17 KBS 2.5%

Sept. 3 (Tuesday)

Welcome 2 Life Ep.20 MBC 4.9%
Welcome 2 Life Ep.19 MBC 4.0%
At Eighteen JTBC 3.8%
The Great Show tvN 3.0%
Let Me Hear Your Song Ep.20 KBS 2.5%
Let Me Hear Your Song Ep.19 KBS 2.4%

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/monday-tuesday-korean-drama-ratings-1st-week-of-september/

• Like 1

Kakao M To Hold Large-Scale Acting Audition With 6 Entertainment Agencies

Kakao M will be teaming up with various agencies to find the next Hallyu star!

On September 5, it was revealed that Kakao M will be holding the “Kakao M Actors Audition” with six management companies:

Management SOOP, BH Entertainment, Awesome ENT, E&T Story Entertainment, J,Wide-Company, and King Kong by Starship, the acting division of Starship Entertainment. This will be the first time for large management companies housing the nation’s top actors to hold a combined audition to discover new actors.

Kakao M, which is actively carrying out its original video contents business, including TV dramas and digital short-form contents, expects to establish a “strong group of actors” along with its original lineup of 130 actors by discovering potential Hallyu stars with tremendous talent through the audition. In addition, the company is planning to secure original IPs for content and continue making investments to strengthen production capabilities. Kakao M will also create synergy with its prominent actors and actresses and secure a competitive edge in its unique video content.

A source from Kakao M stated, “In addition to original super-IPs and imaginative creators, actors who breathe life into the content are also very important factors that determine the competitiveness of original content. While fully supporting our existing actors’ challenges and growth, we are actively engaged in exploring new actors with potential and continuously expanding the influence of the group of actors.”

201909050929343811.jpg

The auditions will be conducted through four rounds with both an online application and offline acting screening, and experts from the six management companies will participate as judges.

The winner will have the chance to sign an exclusive contract with one of the respective management companies and appear in dramas and various videos produced by Kakao M.

Anyone born between 1984 and 2003 is eligible for the audition, and they will be able to apply through Kakao M’s homepage, Kakao M Actors’ social media account, and casting platform MUSE’s mobile application from September 9 until October 6. The first round of successful applicants will be notified individually starting from mid-October.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

Song Seung Heon Valiantly Attempts To Win People’s Hearts In “The Great Show”

5029114337a744e3a7641e3b5bfca22d.jpeg?s=

Song Seung Heon is a busy politician in tvN’s “The Great Show”!

“The Great Show” is a new drama starring Song Seung Heon as Wi Dae Han, a former National Assembly member who hopes to get back into office. In order to appear more relatable to voters, Wi Dae Han takes in four troublemaking siblings (played by Noh Jung UiJung Joon WonKim Jun, and Park Ye Na).

Spoiler

In the previous episode of the drama, Wi Dae Han played superhero by juggling multiple tasks, from raising children to appearing on TV. Meanwhile, romance blossomed between Kang Joon Ho (Im Joo Hwan) and Jung Soo Hyun (Lee Sun Bin), making viewers curious about the changing dynamics between the three characters.

On September 8, “The Great Show” released new stills of Wi Dae Han working hard to win the hearts of the public. From participating in protests against the construction of new apartment buildings to attending a women’s club meeting, Wi Dae Han passionately partakes in various activities to win over potential voters. During the protest, Wi Dae Han displays a fiery gaze of determination, but at the women’s meeting, he shows off a charming smile to melt the hearts of the mothers in attendance.

Spoiler

song-seung-heon.jpg

The producers of “The Great Show” remarked, “Following the start of his dad cosplay, Song Seung Heon will step up his efforts to win the hearts of the local public. Please tune in to see if Song Seung Heon, who has successfully reformed his image from national disgrace to national father, can capture the hearts of the local people and set the stage for a fresh start in his political life.”

“The Great Show” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Check out the latest episode of the drama below!

Watch Now

Source (1)

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Sep. 2-8, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

Monday, Sep. 2      
Let Me Hear Your Song 17 KBS 2.5%
Let Me Hear Your Song 18 KBS 2.8%
Welcome 2 Life 17 MBC 3.8%
Welcome 2 Life 18 MBC 4.8%
A Moment at Eighteen 13 JTBC 3.8%
The Great Show 3 tvN 3.1%
Tuesday, Sep. 3      
Let Me Hear Your Song 19 KBS 2.4%
Let Me Hear Your Song 20 KBS 2.5%
Welcome 2 Life 19 MBC 4.0%
Welcome 2 Life 20 MBC 4.9%
A Moment at Eighteen 14 JTBC 3.8%
The Great Show 4 tvN 3.0%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-sep-2-8-2019/

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Sep. 9-15, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

Monday, Sep. 9      
Let Me Hear Your Song 21 KBS 2.8%
Let Me Hear Your Song 22 KBS 3.4%
Welcome 2 Life 21 MBC 3.8%
Welcome 2 Life 22 MBC 5.1%
A Moment at Eighteen 15 JTBC 3.7%
The Great Show 5 tvN 2.5%
Tuesday, Sep. 10      
Let Me Hear Your Song 23 KBS 3.0%
Let Me Hear Your Song 24 KBS 3.7%
Welcome 2 Life 23 MBC 4.2%
Welcome 2 Life 24 MBC 5.2%
A Moment at Eighteen 16 JTBC 3.9%
The Great Show 6 tvN 2.8%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-sep-9-15-2019/

• Like 1