Song Seung Hun 송승헌

Admin

Song Seung Heon Reveals Krystal’s True Personality And Compliments “Player” Cast Members

7c8a28a4fdc94999bbc7caa86109362f.jpeg?s=

Song Seung Heon has nothing but praise for f(x)’s Krystal and his other cast members!

On September 20, a press conference was held for the new OCN drama “Player” at Amoris Hall in Seoul, with director Go Jae Hyun and actors Song Seung Heon, f(x)’s Krystal, Lee Si Eon, and Tae Won Suk in attendance.

During the event, Song Seung Heon complimented his fellow cast members. He first mentioned Krystal and revealed, “She has an image that is ice-cold and seems as if she’ll be haughty, but she actually smiles frequently.”

He continued, “She’s like a young girl. She’s naive. It’s her expressions and things like that that are cold. I jokingly tell her to stop glaring at me. We’re on friendly terms, having a great time. More than me, I think Si Eon or Won Suk are treating her comfortably, so we’re having fun.”

He then talked about Lee Si Eon, saying, “It was our first time meeting, but he’s cheerful. He’s bright and a mood-maker. He’s as easy-going as you probably think he is. He’s someone with a strong sense of duty.”

Song Seung Heon then mentioned Tae Won Suk and stated, “He apparently told the director during castings that he’d gain over 30 kilograms (approximately 66 pounds) and come back. He really did gain weight. I was surprised by that passion. I’m looking forward to what’s to come in the future.”

“Player” is a caper drama about an elite team of four criminals who join forces to pull off the ultimate heist. Song Seung Heon will star as the talented con artist Kang Ha Ri, while f(x)’s Krystal will be playing Cha Ah Ryung, the country’s top driver. Lee Si Eon will play the role of brilliant hacker Lim Byung Min, and Tae Won Suk will round out the team as the top-notch fighter Do Jin Woong.

“Player” will air is first episode on September 29 at 10:20 p.m. KST, and will be available on Viki!

Check out a trailer here:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

player holds press conference

201809201426772304_5ba32fabb96f633968238

Decided to use the featured shot as my leading pic because both Song Seung Heon and Krsytal are so in sync. Player held its press conference on September 20 and the four-member main cast turned up ready to kick some richard simmons. Song Seung Heon pulled off his all-white ensemble with seasoned confidence while Krystal remained true to her real and reel character in a cool black suit. Can’t wait for this drama to start airing on OCN September 29.

20180920142612372006597961047213684713.j

201809201427772323_5ba330082dece61168049

2018092014215227729_16766813398548808897

• Like 1

Song Seung Hun: 8 Photos of The Player star working hard and playing hard

be80a3f3-ec24-4b62-bedf-6d527eee5207.PNG

Song Seung Hun returns to TV next weekend in The Player, and we all know the veteran actor shines best in action shows! In this production, he plays con man Kang Ha Ri. He was born and raised by a family hustlers and has grown up to be a smooth talker. Desperate to retrieve hidden property, Ha Ri teams up with a group of hoodlums.

To get you excited for the grand premiere, check out eight photos of the show's leading man working hard and playing hard.

1. When your celebrity friend sends a food truck to your filming set, it's a combination of working and playing hard. Dong Yup is the best!

2643d4dd-9320-4699-9304-3f847b7265fa.PNG

2. The Player cast is still working hard during their lunch break.

a67da251-7303-4583-aa7d-6b52022ec438.PNG

3. In May, this is how Song introduced his new co-stars to the world.

3771abcb-d0b1-4579-af8d-d0e402abf057.PNG

Spoiler

4. When it's time to study, he gets very serious. Song Seung Hun has to give projects his all.

20eeb831-cb49-449f-9ad0-849a498ad47d.PNG

5. His role as Lee Gyeom in Saimdang: Lights Diary was unforgettable. That kind of unconditional love was astounding!

56b4cb46-13d0-4e9f-90a0-124051d98f2e.PNG

6. There is nothing like waking up to the sunshine in China. He seemed to be having a good morning.

4f44bf7c-9c78-4b1a-bf31-e00b9512903c.PNG

7. Besides acting, Song loves to stay in front of camera as a model He's a professional!

75f04585-7455-48b5-b472-f86ac09de7c4.PNG

8. Bath time is the best opportunity to clean up well and relax all at the same time.

48abbddf-92d1-4fef-837c-10a9d19f92a7.PNG

The Player premieres on September 29! Until then, you can enjoy a Song Seung Hun marathon with Saimdang: Light's Diary, When a Man Loves, My Princess, East of Eden, Summer Scent, He Was Cool and more.

source : dramafever

Spoiler

• Like 1

Watch: Song Seung Heon, Krystal, And More Pull Off The Perfect Heist In Highlight Video For “Player”

2ce7f58c898e46efb468bd36dd73e478.jpeg?s=

“Player” has unveiled a highlight video ahead of its premiere!

On September 21, OCN released the clip in which Kang Ha Ri (played by Song Seung Heon), Cha Ah Ryung (played by f(x)’s Krystal), Lim Byung Min (played by Lee Si Eon), and Do Jin Woong (played by Tae Won Suk) get into all sorts of trouble.

In the clip, it is revealed that Jang In Kyu (played by Kim Won Hae), a prosecutor, and the four “players” have a special win-win relationship. Jang In Kyu can be seen bursting into rage at the fact that a chaebol is acquitted of his crimes for lack of evidence. He yells, “If it’s going to be like this, you might as well fix the Constitution as well. The power in South Korea belongs to those who are powerful, and that power comes from the chaebol.” In reply, he is told, “The prosecution [judges based on] the evidence.” Jang In Kyu then declares that he will bring the evidence at all costs.

Jang In Kyu later finds the leader of the four-member team, commenting, “A fighter, scammer, and hunter all gathered in one place.

What an amusing combination.” Ha Ri yells, frustrated, “It’s not a law to catch criminals and save innocent people. But why do those guys always walk free and live so well. Why do they make things so advantageous [for themselves] and go on trial with themselves.”

In response, Jang In Kyu makes a proposition to Ha Ri to bring back the evidence, and in exchange, he’d overlook them taking the money.

The action scenes officially begin after Jang In Kyu and Ha Ri both agree on their target, albeit their methods had been different. The video then pans to Ah Ryung, who sneakily steals an entrance card, Byung Min, who easily begins his hacking duties, and Jin Woong, who defeats multiple men by himself, as Ha Ri casually says, “Let’s begin.”

The production staff stated, “The released two-minute highlight video draws the situation of the players who jump into the arena to punish corrupt power groups who live in an advantageous reality for the sake of those who should have a fair law. The premiere of

‘Player,’ which will be a means of catharsis through Song Seung Heon, Krystal, Lee Si Eon, and Tae Won Suk’s fantastical team plays, fresh punishments, and flashy action scenes, is just one week away. Please look forward to it until its first broadcast.”

Check out the video below!

“Player” will air is first episode on September 29 at 10:20 p.m. KST, and will be available on Viki!

Check out a trailer here:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

Yes, he bought a new one. The professional consultant who posted it in Instagram commented on my post about it. He bought it just this June. I was wondering why I was seeing posts in Naver about his properties. Turned out there were talks because he bought another one. This new one is listed as family owned. Must be to lessen tax. 

On 9/21/2018 at 7:52 PM, ssh king said:

I don't know about that building in Seocho. I only know the Starbucks building and this new one. Also his villa. If you have time can you please send links here about that building. Maybe a link. Thanks.

Hi ssh king, as far as I remember that news was some years ago - Here's the link : http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/biz/2013/08/602_115210.html :P

*** “Player" seems fun. I'm sure it will be fun. I'm all in for the drama. I hope this show ends up being good for SSH sake! He's usually so charming in comedy. :P

Premiere Watch: My Secret Terrius, Heart Surgeons, The Third Charm, Player

by girlfriday

premiere_terriuscharmsurgeonplayer.jpg

The Chuseok holiday means it’s pretty quiet here in dramaland for the next few days, but we’ve got plenty of new shows on the way to make up for it and then some. Hope you’ve got some sick days saved up, because between this week and next, you’ll probably run out of hours just trying to sample a little bit of everything.

Player

premiere_player.jpg

Time slot: Saturday & Sunday
Broadcaster: OCN
Genre: Heist action
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: OCN seems to have cornered the market on heist capers featuring ragtag crews that steal from the filthy rich (and morally depraved, of course), in an effort to enact some vigilante justice, or redistribute the wealth, or both. I liked it when Police Unit 38 took the unusual tax evasion angle to do the same plot, so we’ll have to see what Player brings to the table to keep things fresh. Song Seung-heon leads his crew of master thieves, and based on the teasers, he seems more like a cheeky bombast than a mastermind thief, which is definitely one for the plus column as far as I’m concerned. Serious Song Seung-heon makes me run for the hills, but comedic Song Seung-heon is pretty damn endearing.

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/09/premiere-watch-my-secret-terrius-heart-surgeons-the-third-charm-player/

10 New Dramas To Grab Your Attention This Fall

def0eddfc5e24ce98b786f0c4dcb19cb.jpeg?s=

With the Chuseok holidays winding down, new dramas are preparing to captivate viewers. Top stars like Lee Je Hoon, So Ji Sub, Kim Hee Sun, Song Seung Heon, and Kim Yoon Jin are set to appear in dramas of various genres such as medical, romantic comedy, and crime thrillers.

Which drama will succeed in drawing in viewers with their storylines and characters? Here are a list of dramas to look for this fall.

Friday-Saturday and Saturday-Sunday dramas

Room-No.9-The-Third-Charm-The-Player-Ms.

The follow-up to the popular tvN drama “Mr. Sunshine” will be “Room No. 9,” led by Kim Hee Sun, Kim Hae Sook, and Kim Young Kwang. Their drama will be the story of a death-row convict and lawyer’s fates changing, and the man who holds the key to their fates enacting his own revenge. The drama will premiere on October 6 at 9 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

In a different tone, JTBC will be showcasing a sweet romance between youths. “The Third Charm” (literal title) will follow two people who appear ordinary to others but special to each other. Their story will unfold across four seasons and span across 12 years of their lives. Seo Kang Joon and Esom will play a realistic model student and a fiery young woman, and their drama will begin on September 28 at 11 p.m. KST.

OCN is preparing the action drama “The Player,” a fun and exciting story that brings together a con artist, driver, hacker, and fighter to retrieve money that has been stolen or earned in illicit ways. The cast includes Song Seung Heon, f(x)’s Krystal, Tae Won Suk, and Lee Si Eon. The drama will premiere on September 29 at 10:20 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

Joining them is SBS’s revenge story “Ms. Ma, Goddess of Revenge” (literal title). It will be a dramatic reinterpretation of Agatha Christie’s stories of female detective Ms. Marple. The drama will be led by Kim Yoon Jin, who has mostly focused her career on films and overseas productions, and this will be her first Korean drama in 19 years. The first episode will air on October 6 at 9:05 p.m. KST.

Which drama are you most excited for?

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

*** I hope SSH can find someone who could love him in return. He will get married when he finds his match.  So, nothing to worry. :P

Song Seung Heon Talks About Marriage, Turning Down “Autumn In My Heart,” And How Shin Dong Yup Helped His Career

0b7a13fc054b46c89f839bb95c5479f5.jpeg?s=

Song Seung Heon discussed his life and career on the latest episode of tvN’s “Life Bar.”

The cast of OCN’s upcoming drama “Player,” including Song Seung Heon, Krystal, Lee Si Eon, and Tae Won Suk, appeared as guests on the September 27 broadcast of the variety show.

Song Seung Heon famously catapulted to stardom after appearing in the popular 2000 drama “Autumn in My Heart.” However, the actor initially turned down the starring role.

Telling the story of how he almost didn’t appear in the drama, Song Seung Heon explained, “I had malocclusion [misalignment of the teeth] on the left side of my mouth, and I couldn’t chew very well, so I was driving to the dentist. My manager called me and asked, ‘Are you really not going to do [the drama]?’ [I told him,] ‘It seems like a good [drama], but after going to the dentist today, I think I’ll probably need to rest for a year to a year and a half.’ [My manager replied,] ‘I think it’s a really good [drama], but if you say so, I guess there’s nothing I can do.'”

“So I was parking in front of the dentist’s office,” he went on, “and my manager called me again. He asked, ‘Are you really not going to do it? Give me an answer right now, because I need to call them right now. Another actor might do it.’ So then, sitting there in front of the dentist’s office, I said, ‘Then should I do it?’ The drama that I filmed after postponing my dental treatment was ‘Autumn in My Heart.'”

He added, “If I had gone forth with my dental treatment, then I wouldn’t have been able to appear in ‘Autumn In My Heart.'”

Song-Seung-Heon1.jpg

Shin Dong Yup then brought up the sitcom “Three Men, Three Women” (literal title), in which he and Song Seung Heon appeared together in the early days of Song Seung Heon’s career.

Shin Dong Yup recalled, “At the time, Song Seung Heon had never acted before, so it wasn’t just that he couldn’t memorize his lines. He was so unnatural that there was talk about replacing him, especially since he had to be funny. Half of the staff said that we should replace him, and the other half said that his acting would slowly improve. It was eventually decided that he would stay on for a little bit longer.”

Song Seung Heon replied, “I know that [Shin Dong Yup] told the staff that he would try [working with me] until the end and that he thought that I would make it as an actor. If I had stepped down from the sitcom at the time, then I might not be where I am today. I owe him a great deal.”

Song-Seung-Heon-Shin-Dong-Yup.jpg

Song Seung Heon went on to talk about his concerns at the beginning of his career. He explained, “I hadn’t prepared to become an actor from the beginning, but I suddenly gained popularity. So I think I spent my twenties thinking, ‘What is this? What’s happening?’ Even in my thirties, I still worried a lot about whether this was the right path for me. Every single day on set, especially during the sitcom, felt like hell.”

The actor also touched on the topic of marriage. “I honestly don’t really get lonely,” he said. “I like meeting up with my childhood friends from middle and high school. We randomly call each other and get together to drink and hang out. But now, my friends have kids and families after getting married, so I recently began to realize that this is no longer possible. I think that once you get married, your life routine completely changes.”

When Super Junior’s Kim Heechul asked Song Seung Heon if he has plans to get married, he replied, “I want to get married. Even now, it’s not that I don’t want to get married. But these days, I think a lot about whether or not getting married is the right thing to do. When I ask the people around me, nine out of 10 people say it’s good to get married, but they also tell me to do it slowly. So I wonder what that means, when I’m really envious and want to get married quickly.”

Song Seung Heon’s new drama “Player” premieres on September 29 at 10:20 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki! Check out the latest trailer with English subtitles below:

Watch Now

Source (1) (2) (3) / soompi news

Song Seung Heon Jokes That f(x)’s Amber Is The 5th Member Of Their “Player” Squad

c408c75deae247dba8733191ecd3a47e.jpeg?s=

It looks like f(x)’s Amber is right at home on the set of Krystal’s new drama “Player”!

On September 30, Song Seung Heon shared a photo of the “Player” cast hanging out with f(x)’s Amber, who had dropped by the set of the new OCN drama to show her support for her bandmate Krystal. The adorable photo shows Amber sharing a meal with Krystal, Song Seung Heon, and their co-star Lee Si Eon.

Song Seung Heon tagged Amber and playfully wrote, “The fifth member of our “Player” [team], who came to cheer on Soo Jung [Krystal’s given name]? Hehehe.”

“Player” is a new heist drama about an elite team of four criminals who join forces to steal dirty money obtained through illegal means. The drama, which is available with English subtitles on Viki, airs on Saturdays and Sundays at 10:20 p.m. KST.

Check out the latest episode of the show below!

Watch Now

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Sep. 24-30, 2018

dramaratings_2.jpg

Finally, for the weekend, we have My Only Ally close to breaking 30 percent ratings. It had two new competitors over on cable, with Player beating out breezy romance The Third Charm and making it the underdog.

Saturday, Sep. 29      
My Only Ally 9 KBS 21.8%
My Only Ally 10 KBS 27.1%
Hide and Seek 17 MBC 5.5%
Hide and Seek 18 MBC 7.7%
Hide and Seek 19 MBC 6.6%
Hide and Seek 20 MBC 9.1%
Let Me Introduce Her 37 SBS 8.0%
Let Me Introduce Her 38 SBS 9.6%
Let Me Introduce Her 39 SBS 10.4%
Let Me Introduce Her 40 SBS 12.7%
Mr. Sunshine 23 tvN 15.4%
The Third Charm 2 JTBC 1.8%
Player 1 OCN 4.5%
Sunday, Sep. 30      
My Only Ally 11 KBS 25.5%
My Only Ally 12 KBS  29.3%
Wealthy Son 93 MBC 4.4%
Wealthy Son 94 MBC 9.3%
Wealthy Son 95 MBC 9.8%
Wealthy Son 96 MBC 10.8%
Mr. Sunshine 24 tvN 18.1%
Player 2 OCN 4.9%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/09/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-sep-24-30-2018/

• Thanks 1

6 Things We Loved About The Premiere Episodes Of “The Player”

88406ee5816e4cee9605e49868f96311.jpeg?s=

OCN’s “The Player” has finally premiered and we are already on the edge of our seats waiting for the next episode! There is much to lookout for in this drama that focuses on a con team lead by the ever-so-charming Kang Ha Ri (Song Seung Heon). With the help of Do Jin Woong’s (Tae Won Suk) fists, Lim Byung Min’s (Lee Si Eon) superior hacking skills, and Cha Ah Ryung’s (Krystal) wild driving skills, Ha Ri targets abominable people who have been committing repugnant crimes. Not only will this team humiliate them so the whole word will know they’re scum, they’ll rob them blind as well. They have to fund their con headquarters too, am I right? If you’ve been looking for a drama that pulls a fast one on the most corrupt of people, then “The Player” is just for you! Here are six things we loved about the premiere.

Warning: spoilers below!

Spoiler

A charismatic con man

This may seem like an obvious point (since it is a drama about a con man), but Kang Ha Ri is simply refreshing to watch. He’s calm, collected, and confident as he easily strips from costume to costume to hit his marks. Despite being a con artist, he’s still our stunning hero and it’s very easy to root for his success, which isn’t always the case for con men. Sometimes they can be just as shady and disloyal as the villains, making it hard to pick a side. But Ha Ri makes it clear to his team that they steal money that their targets won’t report to the government. While they may not always agree, they all get their say on which cases to take. “The Player” has created their own squad of Robin Hoods and I couldn’t be more excited!

Song-Seung-Heon2.jpg

Song-Seung-Heon-2.jpg

Song-Seung-Heon-3.jpg

Thrilling action scenes

Is a con drama still a con drama if there’s no incredible stunt work? No. Though you do have to be patient for one to arise, the debut fight scene is packed with great choreography and comedy. While sometimes comedy can make fights look more fabricated than they already are, there is a great balance between the two in both episodes. It’s hilarious to watch a group of money launderers face off against Do Jin Woong, who’s about twice their size. Of course, Jin Woong has more formidable opponents who can land a punch or two on him. He handles them with ease and we couldn’t help but chuckle as he kept getting up to fight no matter how many times he was knocked down. I really enjoyed his tenacity and found his fighting scenes enjoyable to watch.

Song-Seung-Heon-4.jpg

Tae-Won-Suk.jpg

And of course, what would a con drama be without a car chase? In one scene, when they escape the cops, we get to see the best part of the first episode: Cha Ah Ryung’s dramatic entrance!

Krystal1.jpg

Krystal-2.jpg

It’s too good to spoil in screen caps, but Cha Ah Ryung’s smirk is well deserved. With ease, she not only saves the other three (Ha Ri, Jin Woong, and Byung Min) from being captured by the police, but she also steals our hearts! The four of them drive off into the metaphorical sunset as they speed away with the money they stole from Chairman Cheon (Kwak Ja Hyung).

Our love for her only grows when we see how Ha Ri propositions her to join the team with the help of her dream car. Her street skills save them multiple times throughout both episodes and her character almost seems to be the glue of the team. When the men are yelling at each other, she stays calm and assesses the situation. So far, I really enjoy seeing the agency she has and hope she keeps it as episodes pass. It’s exciting to see what other skills she will bring to the table as the drama goes on!

The-Player-5.jpg

The-Player-6.jpg

Corrupt and ominous antagonists

From the get go there are many characters to narrow your eyes at in this drama. There’s corrupt government officials such as Chairman Cheon plus Chariman Ji and of course his filthy son, Ji Seong Gu. All of them are involved with all sorts of crimes such as embezzlement, bribery, and sexual assault.

Ji-Seong-Gu.jpg

The-Player1.jpg

The-Player-2.jpg

Don’t you just want to punch the smirks off their faces?

There’s also another villain, perhaps the most tremendous of them all, whose face remains unknown. All we know is that he has an incredible amount of power, and Seong Gu’s second hand man had to call someone, who called someone, who called someone else, to ask for help to cover up Seong Gu’s latest assault.

The-Player-3.jpg

As insufferable as they may be, the fact that they’re all infuriating is delightful. This means that when they finally are taken down, it will be that much more satisfying. Granted, my heart may burst from fury in the mean time. It’s even more intriguing that there seems to be someone even above Chairman Ji, who has had no problems covering up his son’s crimes thus far. I’m excited to see how far this immense group of corrupt people can go without betraying each other as Ha Ri and his team start to reveal all their secrets!

This of course leads to our next favorite thing:

Smug satisfaction for our heroes

When it comes to these dramas we always want to see the hero prevail. There is truly nothing better than getting to whoop out a big, fat hooray when our hero, or in this case heroes, get to smugly confront the villain knowing they’ve beaten them. “The Player” does this fabulously when Prosecutor Jang In Kyu (Kim Won Hae) confronts Chairman Cheon.

Kim-Won-Hae.jpg

Kim-Won-Hae-2.jpg

Even better is when Jang In Kyu is sticking it to Ji Seong Gu.

The-Player-7.jpg

The-Player-8.jpg

It is immensely satisfying to smirk alone with Jang In Kyu in both of these scenes, and I am anticipating more of these moments in the future episodes.

11 out of 10 stars for hilarious cameos

Perhaps one of the funniest moments of the premiere was Yoo Seung Ho‘s cameo as he plays a security guard that Ha Ri fools. With Byung Min in his ear telling him about Seung Ho’s grandmother, the confrontation between the two is simply hilarious. Seung Ho is squirming on his feet in hopes to make a fast escape from Ha Ri, who has tricked Seung Ho into thinking he’s a cop.

Yoon-Seung-Ho.jpg

Yoon-Seung-Ho.jpg

Yoon-Seung-Ho-2.jpg

This scene really shows off Ha Ri’s charisma and ability to target only the worst people involved instead of those who are near the bottom of the food chain. It solidifies that he’s human, and that he’s not detached and pulling cons just to line his own pockets. It’s scenes like these that will make me think twice whenever he’s painted as untrustworthy!

Then there’s also the wonderful Hong Suk Chun, who passes Ah Ryung’s road test mostly out of fear. While he certainly is encouraging in the beginning when she’s driving below the speed limit, his heart jumps into his throat when she speeds after a man who curses at her. Look at him frozen in his seat holding on for dear life! While he was scared, perhaps the adrenaline junkie in all of us would have loved to have been in Ah Ryung’s passenger seat!

Hong-Suk-Chun.jpg

Hong-Suk-Chun-2.jpg

While this scene is the funniest part of the show, I also really enjoyed how this scene gives Ah Ryung a chance to be angry and take her revenge in a way that definitely knocked down the other driver’s ego, but didn’t do any harm. I love how many emotions she goes through in this scene. Timidness, fury, determination, and happiness all flash across her face. It’s refreshing to see a woman be able to express all these things when she wants!

Heart-bursting cliffhangers

At the end of the first episode, Ha Ri, Byung Min, and Jin Woong have been traced by Ji Seong Gu’s men after accessing a private site, making the stakes incredibly high going into the second episode. While cliffhangers can be infuriating, as soon as their car windows were busted I couldn’t help but be hooked on the suspense! I wanted the next episode even more!

The-Player-4.jpg

Of course, the second episode topped it with this cliffhanger. I NEED to know who kidnapped them?

The-Player-10.jpg

So far, “The Player” really seems to know how to create cliffhangers. The good thing is that it doesn’t feel like they’re there just for the sake of having a cliffhanger, but rather in order to pique your interest even more.

While things may seem hopeless that no person can stop the corrupt, money and power hungry officials, perhaps a con team can!

Catch the first episode of “The Player”:

Watch Now

Spoiler

• Thanks 1

Netizen Shares Leaked Information About How Much Celebrities Make On Advertisements

Some of these figures may shock you.

A user of an online community has shared leaked information about exactly how much celebrities make for doing advertisements. According to the user, the information is from 4-5 years ago so there may be some differences in the fees compared to more recent times.

6. Song Seung Heon

tVMK7_VrKUV8q4RvTY3nFdgDkpJRrS4BliMHyzql

Modeling Fee:
440,000 USD /500 million KRW (6 months)
700,000 USD / 800 million KRW (1 year)

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Oct. 1-7, 2018

dramaratings_2.jpg

Saturday, Oct. 6      
My Only Ally 13 KBS 24.7%
My Only Ally 14 KBS 27.3%
Hide and Seek 21 MBC 5.7%
Hide and Seek 22 MBC 11.3%
Hide and Seek 23 MBC 11.3%
Hide and Seek 24 MBC 13.1%
Ms. Ma, Nemesis 1 SBS 5.8%
Ms. Ma, Nemesis 2 SBS 7.3%
Ms. Ma, Nemesis 3 SBS 8.3%
Ms. Ma, Nemesis 4 SBS 9.1%
The Third Charm 4 JTBC 3.4%
Player 3 OCN 4.1%
Room No. 9 1 tvN 6.2%
Sunday, Oct. 7      
My Only Ally 15 KBS 25.0%
My Only Ally 16 KBS 29.4%
Wealthy Son 97 MBC 6.1%
Wealthy Son 98 MBC 11.5%
Wealthy Son 99 MBC 11.6%
Wealthy Son 100 MBC 11.9%
Player 4 OCN 4.2%
Room No. 9 2 tvN 5.4%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/10/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-oct-1-7-2018/

tvN24-hr Express Drama Player is Off To a Good Start

Poster.jpg

tvN’s latest 24-hour express drama in Asia– Player– starring Song Seung-heon(宋承宪) and Krystal (郑秀晶), has captured audience’s attention with action-packed scenes and witty humour. The show broadcasts exclusively on tvN in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia every Sunday & Monday at 21:45 (GMT+8).

The first episode of Player ranked No. 1 across all channels, including pay TV, IPTV and public broadcast network, during the same timeslot in Korea, with an average viewership rating of 4.0% and a peak at 4.7%. Just the premiere episode, Player has already managed to break the record of the highest-rated pilot episode viewership in OCN’s history, which is previously held by Voice 2. In Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia, audience can enjoy Player through tvN within 24 hours of Korea’s broadcast. Picking up the momentum, episode 2 ranked No. 1 among target audience (males and females; aged 20-49) in all 120 pay TV channels in Singapore (source: Gfk; Evogenius Reporting).

The first episode revealed the story of corrupted and privileged people abusing their rapport with the government for their own sake. Seeing these people amassing wealth through illicit means, the prosecutor Jang In-gyu (Kim Won-hae) believes taking them to court is simply not enough. This became the beginning of his collaboration with the “Player” gang, which consist of a conman Kang Ha-ri (Song Seung-heon), a driver Cha Ah-ryung (Krystal), a hacker Im Byung-min (Lee Si-eon) and a fighter Do Jin-woong (Tae Won-suk). A thrilling battle between the unscrupulous people and the gang featured spectacular fighting scenes while the hilarious interactions between the gang were totally unexpected. Player quickly captured audience attention, with many leaving positive comments on social media like, “Player is so interesting, I held my breath when watching it!”; “Best action drama ever! Can’t wait for the next episode!”

Want more actions and laughters from the gang? Stay tuned. tvN Asia’s latest 24-hour express action drama Player broadcasts on tvN in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia every Sunday and Monday at 21:45 (GMT+8), with subtitles in English, Chinese and Bahasa Malaysia.

Website                                 :               tvNAsia.net
Facebook                                               :               @Ch.tvNAsia
Instagram                                              :               @tvN.Asia
Twitter                                  :               @tvN_Asia
Youtube                                                :              
https://www.youtube.com/c/tvNAsiaOfficial
Official Hashtags                   :               #tvNAsia #WhereFunTakesOff #Player

source : http://koreancrazed.blogspot.com/2018/10/tvn24-hr-express-drama-player-is-off-to.html

8 exciting Asian dramas to spice up your boring, everyday life!

https://www.dramafever.com/st/news/images/50a54b7d-5ffe-4cfb-8f8e-83e79f79b510.jpg

I don't mean that YOUR life is boring, but let's face it, we all can use a little fun in our everyday life. Try out these Asian dramas that give a new twist on adding spice to an ordinary routine. Let's start!

1. The Player

The action thriller stars Song Seung Hun, one of the most gorgeous Asian leading men, as a dashing conman who works against the bad guys. Need I say more?

Four retrieval experts work as a team to find what criminals try to hide. But in heists like this, it doesn’t take long for the players to get played.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : dramafever

K-Drama Premiere: “The Player” – Your Modern Day Robin Hood

A fighter, an expert hacker, a fearless driver and a sleek con-man – a perfect recipe for  OCN’s new heist drama The Player.

Stealing black money from the country’s controversial politicians, conglomerates and gang leaders is their game plan. 

Screen-Shot-2018-10-10-at-6.08.46-PM.png

Pilot Week Recap

Starting off the scene is an aerial shot and a mysterious man driving behind a luxurious car towards a prison. With the kind of editing and background music that look like the ones we see in 007 series, audience can sense that this drama will be action-filled. 

Kang Ha Ri, played by Song Seung Heon, is a suave con-artist who forms a gang targeting to swindle corrupted personalities. First on their list is Chun Dong Seop, known as Gangnam Loan Shark leader. 

Chairman Chun is set to be a given a presidential pardon, which stirred a major buzz in the society. In the prison, Ha Ri pays him a visit posing to be a prosecutor. He tricks the chairman that the prosecutors are in the works of targeting each and everyone in the organization, and their next target is to catch the laundromat, where all the chairman’s illegal activities take place. 

Afraid to be caught, Chairman Chun immediately calls his launderer to leave at once, and moves all his money to his hotel suite. 

Sooner than expected, Kang Ha Ri and Im Byung Min (Lee Si Eon) are already on standby at the hotel, and planning how to infiltrate Chairman Chun’s suite. From a dignified-looking  prosecutor, Ha Ri swiftly changes his outfit to a security personnel’s uniform, filling in as one of the guards, at the chairman’s secret elevator passage. He lets the other innocent guard (cameo by Yoo Seung Ho) scoot off. 

Just as when Chaiman Chun’s team arrives at his suite, Ha Ri is already unloading the money from the safe, and the gang is dumbfounded, not knowing who he is. But he even has the guts to tease them and ask for help. Immediately after, a bulky man enters in the room. Suddenly, Do Jin Woong (Tae Won-seok) swiftly battles with the gang who is in no match with him. 

The swindlers leave the hotel at ease as Byung Min wears a police uniform. The police later realize that something is amiss and start to chase after their van. 

Spoiler

Meanwhile, a mysterious  biker arrives in time and stops the pursuing team of cops heading towards the van. It turns out that this skillful biker is a lady named Cha Ah Ryung (Krystal). 

After successfully taking off with the chairman’s money, the team is set to another adventure as they plan to embezzle from a conglomerate Ji Mok Hyun of Hyun-jin Group. 

Chairman Ji is already in hot waters for bribery. But instead of directly targeting him, they change the plan this time by focusing on the chairman’s youngest son, who is accused of raping a model that apparently took her own life. 

The team takes over the chaebol son’s case to put pressure on Chairman Ji. Looking into his file, they find out who his other victim is – a waitress, who is involved in a hit-and-run case and in the state of coma.

The victim’s mother takes them to the CCTV room and notices a suspicious man, secretly wandering in her apartment. Skillful as he is, Byung min, checks his computer to identify the man, and he finds out that he is a friend of the culprit. As they dig into his social media, they found a link to a private website. Byung min cracks the code easily. They later find a video of a man torturing a lady. 

Suddenly, a warning flashes out the screen stating that they are being traced. Just before they are about to ran away from the scene, a convoy arrives, blocking their van, and before they know it, somebody has smashed the window beside Ha Ri.

20181004_tvn_player_hkp_featured.jpg?res

Pilot Week Afterthoughts

The Player is every bit reminiscent of caper stories such as Ocean’s film trilogy, Italian Job and the likes.

However, it feels vague how Prosecutor Jang got involved in the team. Another thing is, the story did not specify how Ha Ri found out about Chairman Chun’s hotel suite. Why did the team focus on pinning down the conglomerate’s heir when all they want is to find out where the bribe money is?

It kind of also confuse when they back-tracked from one month ago after successfully getting the loan shark’s ill-gotten wealth, then soon right after, it jumped into the conglomerate’s story. The connection of the two stories seemed off.

Nevertheless, the drama surged to a strong chemistry of the cast from Song Seung Hoon’s suave acting, Lee Si-Eon’s comic relief, Krystal’s driving stunts, and of course the bulky yet softy Tae Won Seok.

It has successfully pique viewers’ attention by throwing an anticipation bait to the con they are trying to pull off. 

On the other hand, Kim Sung Cheol continues his amazing character portrayal since Prison Playbook, and this time around, he impresses with his role as the villain so far.

The Player airs on OCN every Saturday and Sunday at 10:20 p.m. KST.

Fans can watch it on VIU.

source : hellokpop

Spoiler

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Oct. 8-14, 2018

dramaratings_2.jpg

Saturday, Oct. 13      
My Only Ally 17 KBS 21.6%
My Only Ally 18 KBS 25.9%
Hide and Seek 25 MBC 5.3%
Hide and Seek 26 MBC 10.2%
Hide and Seek 27 MBC 10.6%
Hide and Seek 28 MBC 11.2%
Ms. Ma, Nemesis 5 SBS 5.3%
Ms. Ma, Nemesis 6 SBS 6.1%
Ms. Ma, Nemesis 7 SBS 6.3%
Ms. Ma, Nemesis 8 SBS 6.6%
The Third Charm 6 JTBC 3.0%
Player 5 OCN 3.7%
Room No. 9 3 tvN 4.8%
Sunday, Oct. 14      
My Only Ally 19 KBS 26.1%
My Only Ally 20 KBS 30.1%
My Healing Love 1 MBC 3.9%
My Healing Love 2 MBC 9.8%
My Healing Love 3 MBC 8.9%
My Healing Love 4 MBC 9.1%
Player 6 OCN 4.6%
Room No. 9 4 tvN 5.6%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/10/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-oct-8-14-2018/