Kim Rae Won 김래원 ❤ Ardent Actor ❤ Shining Star

ploy1234

*quoted image* Dear Raewoners.....

Dear Ploy.... You are so right about that perfect body of Prince.... !!! thank you.. I should have kept the "irilight", but Soompi does not allow me to change... so, here I am.. lol...

Thank you Elsie, for keeping us updated with the twits from Hawaii, and thank you Middy, for giving us the "extra" on Hawaii and where he is staying...

Dear Middy - *quoted image* I think I just died and went to Heaven.....Gorgeous Kim Rae won, Indeed... Looking at those Harper Bazaar photos.....

I love this style so much... Wouldn't it be nice if our Prince made a movie of that time... He'd be so classy in it... I hope, maybe the photos gave him that idea as well...

I just ordered the magazine... I can't wait till it will arrives....

Ladies, someone is starting a page on Facebook entitled "Dating Kim Rae won" as a desired activity.... Not much info about it yet.....One of us???

Dating Kim Rae won Page on Facebook

Also - it looks like DramaFever may be considering bringing back School 2 (I have never seen it, and keep my fingers crossed...) Maybe after the success of A Thousand Days Promise, they are trying to bring more of Prince's drama.. I hope so... It would be so helpful, if you all signed up and said you were interested in it.... Here is the link:

If everyone signed up and told them to email when it is available, hopefully it will hit home that people are interested.. By the way, I never realized that Ha Ji won was in it too....

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday....

hi IrisRaewon, haven't seen the above page yet.... not me :rolleyes::rolleyes:

thanks for these nice, pretty artworks, :wub::wub: i copied it -_--_-

krwglittery.gif

krwalohabazaar1.jpg

Thousand Day’s Promise: Disappointing Tearjerker

20120120_seoulbeats_sooaekimraewon2-300x200.jpg

I endured twenty hours of crying in hopes that there would be light at the end of the tunnel. I stubbornly held onto the belief that this tragic drama would have a silver lining but as the episodes progressed, it just got sadder and sadder with nothing else to look forward to.

What I initially loved about this drama was the subtle way in which they were documenting Lee Seo Yeon’s (Soo Ae) memory loss. She forgot to wear her shoes to the bathroom, brushed her teeth more than a dozen times during the day and sometimes got lost on her way home. But the strong-willed and strong minded Lee Seo Yeon tried her best to prevent this illness from interfering with her life. Her office and apartment were filled with post-its to remind her about the mundane things in life. Where the salt and pepper shakers were, how to get to her office, to remind herself to take her phone before leaving, etc etc. Such scenes did a great job in portraying the hardships that Lee Seo Yeon faced as the result of the illness and such subtle writing was what got me sucked into this drama in the first place. The production value and Lee Seo Yeon’s wardrobe were just an added bonus.

And while Lee Seo Yeon was trying to endure the illness by herself, her family members slowed chipped in to help her get by. Most importantly, Park Ji Hyung (Kim Rae Won), her secret lover, called off his wedding with Noh Hyang Ki (Jung Yoo Mi) to be with his true love during her last days. It’s ironic that only with the death notice did Park Ji Hyung have the courage to call off his wedding, but that’s K-drama for ya. He put his filial duty and responsibility towards Noh Hyang Ki, a family friend whom he’s known since childhood, before his true love. But once he realized that his true love was dying, he had no qualms about dismissing any of his responsibilities.

Although Noh Hyang Ki’s parents were having a hard time accepting this painful situation (calling off the marriage on the day of the ceremony isn’t festive per se), the bride was really mature about it. In fact, it became clear that she really loved Park Ji Hyung, as much as Park Ji Hyung loved Lee Seo Yeon and genuinely wished the secret couple the best. Some netizens criticized her character for being too forgiving of Park Ji Hyung when she prayed for Lee Seo Yeon to get better or when she took care of their child. But to me, it was evident that she wholeheartedly loved Park Ji Hyung and I don’t think there is anything wrong with loving someone that much, even if you end up doing seemingly stupid things in the process.

The way in which Lee Seo Yeon and Park Ji Hyung were dealing with her memory loss seemed realistic and was sad, but that was it. It was just a lot of sad, tragic and scary moments. Lee Seo Yeon almost stabbed her infant’s eyes out because the she didn’t like her child’s haircut, she didn’t take off her clothes before jumping into the shower, almost jumped off the balcony because she was depressed, only to forget the next day, etc etc.

And as the illness progressed, the family’s acceptance of Park Ji Hyung’s situation improved and his parents played a more active role in the child’s development. And that was perhaps the only happy element of this drama. All the other scenes were filmed and written to make the viewer just cry more, which was what surprised and disappointed me the most. The readers knew what the ending would be like — that’s what we know going in — but I was hoping that they would develop the storyline to show another aspect of the illness or at least make it more hopeful.

20120120_seoulbeats_thousanddays-promise5.jpg

In fact, they had many opportunities to make this drama less tragic and more hopeful. Lee Seo Yeon’s decision to have the baby instead of aborting it to prolong her life was a huge decision and in my opinion, the biggest turning point of the drama. Lee Seo Yeon and Park Ji Hyung knew that their life was on the decline and they could’ve done everything to treasure their moment together and try to leave something for the baby, maybe write a daily letter to the unborn baby to explain the situation and to make sure that she receives motherly advice even when she’s not around. Or, she could have used her current situation to write a novel, something she had not been engaged in because she felt that she was always a “cheap” author just ghost writing for someone else. Alternatively, Park Ji Hyung could’ve specially designed a house for his wife who is inevitably the prisoner of their lonely apartment so that she could enjoy her last moments.

There were so many other paths the story could’ve taken, but all these possibilities just remained possibilities while the drama writers just focused on making the viewers cry and cry some more. And that was the biggest mistake and failure of this drama. The viewers, myself included, took on this 20 hour journey with the characters in hopes of not only to witnessing Lee Seo Yeon’s tragic faith, but also being able to share in the experience that ending may be sad, the journey can be filled with hope.

Source : seoulbeats

got these tweets.... but these were retweeted by someboy........

funny is, i can't find/see Rae Won in this pic.... or maybe the picture was taken afar, that's why i can't recognized him.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:blush.gifblush.gif

restaurant name is: NANZAN GIROGIRO.... (its in Seoul, i supposed)

@krw810319

KIM RAE WON 김래원 근사한 식사..너무 맛있고 즐거웠어요^^ http://pic.twitter.com/eGChD9eZ

google translator... a nice dinner ... so delicious, it's fun.

kwrdinner.jpg

@krw810319

KIM RAE WON 김래원 'Nanzan girogiro' http://pic.twitter.com/oRsdae5b

KRWdinner6.jpg

more ... tweets

@krw810319

KIM RAE WON 김래원 디저트 http://twitter.com/krw810319/status/163905756289187840/photo/1

google translator: DESSERT ..................... yummy :D:D

krwdinner4.jpg

@krw810319

KIM RAE WON 김래원 스파클링 사케 한잔도~^^ http://twitter.com/krw810319/status/163905271268261888/photo/1

goggle translate: A sparkling glass of sakekrwdinner3.jpg

this one has no "caption"...... hmmmmmm yummy :)

krwdinner2.jpg

;):) and more tweets ..... :wub::):D

he had all of these sumptuous, lavish dinner..... :wub:

tweet.gif

@krw810319 KIM RAE WON 김래원 http://pic.twitter.com/IvxcyR33

KRWdinner12.jpg

@krw810319

KIM RAE WON 김래원 http://pic.twitter.com/8XLRUJvt

KRWdinner11.jpg

@krw810319

KIM RAE WON 김래원 http://pic.twitter.com/uwCTbpEK

KRWdinner10.jpg

@krw810319

KIM RAE WON 김래원 http://pic.twitter.com/143wSI80

KRWdinner9.jpg

@krw810319

KIM RAE WON 김래원 http://pic.twitter.com/wO7PSmzB

KRWdinner8.jpg

these are just tweets.... :( :( no special notes :( :(

I endured twenty hours of crying in hopes that there would be light at the end of the tunnel. I stubbornly held onto the belief that this tragic drama would have a silver lining but as the episodes progressed, it just got sadder and sadder with nothing else to look forward to.

What I initially loved about this drama was the subtle way in which they were documenting Lee Seo Yeon’s (Soo Ae) memory loss. She forgot to wear her shoes to the bathroom, brushed her teeth more than a dozen times during the day and sometimes got lost on her way home. But the strong-willed and strong minded Lee Seo Yeon tried her best to prevent this illness from interfering with her life. Her office and apartment were filled with post-its to remind her about the mundane things in life. Where the salt and pepper shakers were, how to get to her office, to remind herself to take her phone before leaving, etc etc. Such scenes did a great job in portraying the hardships that Lee Seo Yeon faced as the result of the illness and such subtle writing was what got me sucked into this drama in the first place. The production value and Lee Seo Yeon’s wardrobe were just an added bonus.

And while Lee Seo Yeon was trying to endure the illness by herself, her family members slowed chipped in to help her get by. Most importantly, Park Ji Hyung (Kim Rae Won), her secret lover, called off his wedding with Noh Hyang Ki (Jung Yoo Mi) to be with his true love during her last days. It’s ironic that only with the death notice did Park Ji Hyung have the courage to call off his wedding, but that’s K-drama for ya. He put his filial duty and responsibility towards Noh Hyang Ki, a family friend whom he’s known since childhood, before his true love. But once he realized that his true love was dying, he had no qualms about dismissing any of his responsibilities.

Although Noh Hyang Ki’s parents were having a hard time accepting this painful situation (calling off the marriage on the day of the ceremony isn’t festive per se), the bride was really mature about it. In fact, it became clear that she really loved Park Ji Hyung, as much as Park Ji Hyung loved Lee Seo Yeon and genuinely wished the secret couple the best. Some netizens criticized her character for being too forgiving of Park Ji Hyung when she prayed for Lee Seo Yeon to get better or when she took care of their child. But to me, it was evident that she wholeheartedly loved Park Ji Hyung and I don’t think there is anything wrong with loving someone that much, even if you end up doing seemingly stupid things in the process.

The way in which Lee Seo Yeon and Park Ji Hyung were dealing with her memory loss seemed realistic and was sad, but that was it. It was just a lot of sad, tragic and scary moments. Lee Seo Yeon almost stabbed her infant’s eyes out because the she didn’t like her child’s haircut, she didn’t take off her clothes before jumping into the shower, almost jumped off the balcony because she was depressed, only to forget the next day, etc etc.

And as the illness progressed, the family’s acceptance of Park Ji Hyung’s situation improved and his parents played a more active role in the child’s development. And that was perhaps the only happy element of this drama. All the other scenes were filmed and written to make the viewer just cry more, which was what surprised and disappointed me the most. The readers knew what the ending would be like — that’s what we know going in — but I was hoping that they would develop the storyline to show another aspect of the illness or at least make it more hopeful.

[in fact, they had many opportunities to make this drama less tragic and more hopeful. Lee Seo Yeon’s decision to have the baby instead of aborting it to prolong her life was a huge decision and in my opinion, the biggest turning point of the drama. Lee Seo Yeon and Park Ji Hyung knew that their life was on the decline and they could’ve done everything to treasure their moment together and try to leave something for the baby, maybe write a daily letter to the unborn baby to explain the situation and to make sure that she receives motherly advice even when she’s not around. Or, she could have used her current situation to write a novel, something she had not been engaged in because she felt that she was always a “cheap” author just ghost writing for someone else. Alternatively, Park Ji Hyung could’ve specially designed a house for his wife who is inevitably the prisoner of their lonely apartment so that she could enjoy her last moments.

There were so many other paths the story could’ve taken, but all these possibilities just remained possibilities while the drama writers just focused on making the viewers cry and cry some more. And that was the biggest mistake and failure of this drama. The viewers, myself included, took on this 20 hour journey with the characters in hopes of not only to witnessing Lee Seo Yeon’s tragic faith, but also being able to share in the experience that ending may be sad, the journey can be filled with hope.

hi 'willenette' i have nothing to say ..... haven't watched all episode yet :(:("]oh, well, that's her/his critic.... we are entitlted to our own opinion..... good thing is this drama had so much recall from the viewers/critics!!!

Guest Jolene1430286589

Yes, everybody is entitled to his/her own opinion. But all I can say is that the cast of Ä Thousand Day's Promise" really put in their best effort for the show. Both Rae-won and Soo Ae really deserve their awards for Best Actor and Best Actress for their outstanding performance!!!

hi 'willenette' i have nothing to say ..... haven't watched all episode yet :(  :(   "]oh, well, that's her/his critic.... we are entitlted to our own opinion.....  good thing is this drama had so much recall from the viewers/critics!!!

dear elsie ^^

thank you very much for sharing the old emails of the president of Hawaii Kim Rae Won Club ~~

O.. I always forgot to ask you .... have you emailed her lately? ;) it'd be great if she knows about Prince's whereabouts in Hawaii? or ... if she got to meet him?? .... maybe Prince has already left Hawaii and back to Korea? hopefully not yet ... hehe....

hey dear all^^ here share all the awesome pics of ......

GORgeously COOL Prince in 'Harper's BAZAAR' February edition ... *quoted image* WoW ~~ special featuring 12 pages totally ~~ 3 pages of Special Interview ~~

I esp super love love the 1st pic ~~~

fr MIR / credit wkp of raewonisland

big KISS Middy :lol: ...he so so COOL english style :wub:

You know....background is south Thailand (Samui Island), neunong him' friend saw him at the airport last month,

then she found that he visited Thai for 5 days at the island for photoshoot then left.

I also keep waiting til magazine is published...wow...beautiful....ha ha

15-39-44_0_658108.jpg

SDC18345copy.jpg

SDC18346copy.jpg

SDC18347copy.jpg

SDC18348copy.jpg

SDC18349copy.jpg

SDC18350copy.jpg

http://philoandphil.blogspot.com/2012/01/harpers-bazaar-korea-magazine-february.html

"]tweet from KRW.... this was tweeted early this morning (Manila time)..... wasn't able to post here, so sorry too busy in my work :(:(

tweet.gif

tweet.jpg

@krw810319 KIM RAE WON 김래원

굿모닝~ 트윗 사진 한꺼번에 올리려면 어떻게 해야 하죠?^^ 좋은하루 보내세요 ㅎ

5 hours ago via Twitter for Android Favorite Retweet Reply

google translates: Good morning - what do you want me to reply at once, shares photos ^ ^ Have a nice day

this is his reply to his many followers in twitter.... we are among them... i really don't tweet him, just following him 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...

krwglittery.gif

:wub::wub::wub: irresistible KIM RAE WON :wub::wub::wub:

hawaii21A.jpg

hasperbazaarfebed04.jpg

krw.jpg

Guest Jolene1430286589

recently oppa tweets very frequently,like everyday.well,that's very gd as we fans can hear about his latest news and updates...Prince fighting!!! btw,please continue to vote for Prince everyday until the poll closes...

Guest Jolene1430286589

@krw810319KIM RAE WON 김래원      @Worldwide_94 고마워요~^^오늘은 유난히 피곤.컨디션 제로7 hours agovia Twitter for AndroidFavoriteRetweetReply

Google translator said: Thank you ~ ^ ^ unusually tired today: Condition Zero

**Note: This tweet was deleted when I last checked on 1 Feb 2011 at 10.20am (Singapore time).

SDC18350copy.jpg

SDC18348copy.jpg

SDC18345copy.jpg

SDC18349copy.jpg

SDC18347copy.jpg

big KISS Middy :lol: ...he so so COOL english style :wub:

You know....background is south Thailand (Samui Island), neunong him' friend saw him at the airport last month,

then she found that he visited Thai for 5 days at the island for photoshoot then left.

I also keep waiting til magazine is published...wow...beautiful....ha ha

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

http://philoandphil.blogspot.com/2012/01/harpers-bazaar-korea-magazine-february.html

Aloha ~~ dear everyone ~~^O^

juz back from the Big Island 2 days 1 night trip with my sister & family ... pretty tired ... will share many more goodies later soon ..... :P

dear ploy^^

Thanks a lot for sharing those aweosme mag scans ~~ :wub: Samui Island is a beautiful place ~~~ how lucky neunong's friend got to meet Prince ~~~ :w00t:

O.... whens your trip to Korea?? early this month, right? you'll be able to buy the mag Feb edition over there ~~~ :w00t:

Prince w/ staff of 'Harper's BAZAAR' magazine shoot at Samui Island, Thailand ~~ :DB)

120131_232109ab.jpg

hpqscan0001a.jpg

fr MIR / credit chuan of raewonisland

*quoted image*

Thank you ~ dear ploy^^

Hope you have been enjoying a very happy lunar new year time ~~~ :lol:

still very busy ... later I gotta accompany my sister to go shopping.... haha... still .... I have to spare time to contribute a bit .... here the translation ..... :P

2012.1.25 RaeWon's manager 'Mr. Darkie' left a message at MIR ... :w00t:

Every Mir family member, have you spent a significant festival (Lunar New Year)?

Its been long with such a long message~^^;

Recently I have been very busy in attending various meentings for the preparation of the upcoming project. Rae Won.. needless to say we all know of it. He is enjoying his free time~

Even if I'm not able to pass the message, this actor of ours would be the first to tell you the news. He has changed a lot huh!!!!

The film is scheduled to begin shooting in March. Prior to this, he will do CFs and complete his schedule to Japan.

This year, besides Japan, we will expand the market to China, hope you will give more support!!!

BLESS will be always moving in the same direction with Mir no matter what. I will try my best in doing so....

PS. wondering how Rae Won's image in the film? check out 'Bazaar' February edition~^^

chin translation fr korean by Cho G:

credit baidu KRW for chin translation

OMG.... Dear Middy.... Ploy... Elsie... IluvKRW... Willenette... everyone....

I am just realizing what he was saying..

These photos are previews of what Prince would look like in the upcoming movie......!!!!!

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

In fact, they had many opportunities to make this drama less tragic and more hopeful. Lee Seo Yeon’s decision to have the baby instead of aborting it to prolong her life was a huge decision and in my opinion, the biggest turning point of the drama. Lee Seo Yeon and Park Ji Hyung knew that their life was on the decline and they could’ve done everything to treasure their moment together and try to leave something for the baby, maybe write a daily letter to the unborn baby to explain the situation and to make sure that she receives motherly advice even when she’s not around. Or, she could have used her current situation to write a novel, something she had not been engaged in because she felt that she was always a “cheap” author just ghost writing for someone else. Alternatively, Park Ji Hyung could’ve specially designed a house for his wife who is inevitably the prisoner of their lonely apartment so that she could enjoy her last moments.

Thank you Willenette... I am always unhappy to see criticism of anything to do with Rae won.... I try to respond and give my point of view without sounding like a Rae won fan...:)

Yes, everybody is entitled to his/her own opinion. But all I can say is that the cast of Ä Thousand Day's Promise" really put in their best effort for the show. Both Rae-won and Soo Ae really deserve their awards for Best Actor and Best Actress for their outstanding performance!!!

Totally..... I do not think there was even any drama that came close to it, with the deep level of acting...

:wub:B):w00t:

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

all by chuan^^ / raewonisland

Thank you so much Middy.. Gorgeous artwork....!!

happy :):wub: finally got this tweets from dear RAE WON hooray :wub:

tweet.jpg

@krw810319 KIM RAE WON 김래원

짠~^^ 영어시험이라 힘들었어요 2문제 틀렸어요ㅋ http://pic.twitter.com/DI0vjbLu

google says: Test of English as salty ^ ^ It's hard ㅋ 2 issue was wrong. (pls bear with me, i didn't get it too hahaha, my thought he got an ID/certificate for an English test? ) :rolleyes: this is in Hawaii

tweet2212.jpg

"

@krw810319

KIM RAE WON 김래원 해질녘 영우형님과 집앞에 고기 잡으러...ㅎ http://pic.twitter.com/FLmwXN77

google says: Youngwoo Brother of meat in front of the house at dusk and catch ... ㅎ (my thought ... him and his friend, youngwoo, they're going fishing huh :) )

tweet12312.jpg

@krw810319

KIM RAE WON 김래원 저녁노을은 근사했으나... 꽝~ㅋ http://twitter.com/krw810319/status/164967253891219458/photo/1

google says: Approximate the sunset, but ... Boom ( it's sunset, but finally!!!! he catched one :) ) w00t.gifw00t.gif

tweet3212.jpg

it's a beautiful and awesome view of sunset :)