[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

KatKat09 said: awww poor IU..wisdom tooth extraction is really bothersome. had mine extracted a few years back because it was impacted, meaning instead of growing upright like normal teeth, it's lying sideway the gum. I remember the dentist was struggling to get it out lol. Lucky are those people who's wisdom teeth are normal :)

From Quack Couple shipper thread kekeke... (Rania post)

Rania Zeid said: [Oct 23, 2014] Showbiz Korea-TOP 5 STARS THAT LOOK THE BEST IN SCHOOL UNIFORMS

Ranking is according to viewers from 188 countries

lee Jong Suk rank no #1 Showbiz Korea-TOP 5 STARS THAT LOOK THE BEST In School Uniforms

#1 lee Jong Suk - 21.1%

#2 Lee Min Ho - 18.9%

#3 Kim Woo Bin - 16.3%

#4 IU - 10.6 %

#5 Kim So-Eun - 7.5%

Cr: ARIRANG KPOP  

TRaNz said: Ok so i scroll through to have a nice read, see a few gorgeous pics of the lovely IU....and then the pizza......i see pictures of pizza and a minor discussion on it....
as result i am now having the craziest craving for Pizza......AHHAHAHAHA
and im going to just cut it like how IU posted and try eat it with chopsticks......probably get lazy and use my hands anyway. hahahahahaha

Guest agoodheart

love this ~
IU the 'Icon of Savior'
Article'The Icon of Savior' Catch IU

Source: Newsis via Naver

Article talks about how IU has surpassed the title of 'icon of duet' and is now the icon of savior with her ability to 'save' or shoot to fame anyone she works with, the most recent example being Seo Taiji and 'Sogyeokdong'. Everyone she's worked with this year including High 4 and Yoon Hyun Sang have been met with remarkable success thanks to her effect. 

1. [+4,828, -278] IU's the perfect example of why an idol needs to be a good singer. Fans who only liked her for her face all left after her Eunhyuk scandal and IU was actually able to turn that scandal into an advantage by shedding her little sister image and focusing entirely on her music to get acknowledgement from the public. Her self composed songs like Peach and See You On Friday all became hits and she's now a singer who matches the title artist more than idol. So many veteran musicians look to collaborate with her. Idols who can't sing need to watch IU and reflect over themselves.

2. [+3,236, -187] The article's right, she's an icon of everything...

3. [+2,963, -155] It just means IU's that far ahead when it comes to getting the public's interest

4. [+2,714, -156] IU really seems amazing

5. [+345, -26] I think her success lies in her agency not trying to grab easy money with her. There are a lot of talented idols but their agency only focuses on making quick cash out of them and overworking them in the end which exhausts their image to consumers. They never have any time to slowly build up on their talents. Same case for AkMu with YG. They're doing fine because YG isn't using any money gimmicks with them.

6. [+294, -23] Anyone she duets or features for is pretty much a guaranteed chart sweep with #1 on music shows ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It's amazing how she meshes well with seniors and juniors and rookies. 

7. [+293, -27] There's really nothing you can criticize her on when it comes to her singing

8. [+245, -12] IU's not one of those stars who shine briefly before disappearing. She's a real singer who I hope lets us listen to her music for a long time to come.

Source: netizenbuzz

class="content-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font: inherit; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 600; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; visibility: visible; "Yoon Hyun Sang Drops Debut Song Teaser Pictures Featuring IUtimmydee October 26, 2014IU1.jpg
Former “K-pop Star” contestant Yoon Hyun Sang has released teaser images for the song “When Could I?” (tentative title), which will feature solo star IU. The song is taken from Yoon Hyun Sang’s debut album release “Pianoforte,” which is slated to drop on October 31.
IU.jpg
In the photos, IU is pictured sitting in an idyllic forest setting, with extremely long hair. It is a scene that is reminiscent of the fairy tale story “Rapunzel.” Yoon Hyun Sang, meanwhile, is pictured playing the piano in an equally enchanted setting, a room where a tree grows by the side of his piano and sunlight appears to stream in through a hole in the roof.
Yoon-Hyun-Sang.jpg

The “K-Pop Star” contestant signed a contract with talent agency Leon Entertainment earlier this year, the same agency that represents IU.

A spokesperson from Leon Entertainment said, “The two singers worked well together. It was even better than we had expected, and the song came together very well indeed.”

credit:soompi

IU is an enchanting rapunzel in the still cut from Yoon Hyun Sang's MV

IU is going to captivate you with her enchanting appearance in the still cut of rookie Yoon Hyun Sang's upcoming debut MV where he and IU make a duet.

Still cuts of Yoon Hyun Sang and IU are released through the rookie's official Facebook page. The two are singing a duet song titled 'When Would It Be', the title track of Hyun Sang's debut album 'PianoForte' which will be released on October 30.

With Yoon Hyun Sang in piano, and IU looking like a fairy with a Rapunzel-like hair and captivating aura, it appears like the MV is going to have a fantasy concept.

10616412_1545235842358796_49567646804056
source:dkpopnews

Ohhh... RapIUnzel !!! :x :x :x :x :x
Her legs look long kekekeke...

I already heard the teaser from Hyun Sang and I think IU is right, her fans (well... me) gonna like it. I love that kind of music and Hyun Sang did it great.
Can't wait for more... :x :x

Oh and even more awesome when IU in it! :x

class="titleNews" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); "High4's Sung Gu Tears Up as He Thanks IU for Keeping Her Promise

High4’s Sung Gu teared up as he talked about IU.

High4 appeared on MBC Music’s Idol School set to air on October 28. During the show, High4’s Sung Gu shard the story behind crying in front of IU and hardships he went through before debuting. 

High4’s Sung Gu said, “I spent my trainee days with IU. At the time IU told me, ‘I will help you out once you debut,’ and I’m so thankful because she kept her promise by appearing in the music video for Not Spring, Love, or Cherry Blossoms,” revealing that he cried while drinking with IU afterwards.

79274002.jpg
Sung Gu also shared that he appeared as an extra for over 100 times before he debuted as he dreamed of becoming a singer. MC So Jin commented, “It seems like Sung Gu really worked hard in his life. I hope that he becomes successful as High4,” bringing warm atmosphere to the set.

MBC Music’s Idol School featuring High4, LABOUM and GB9 is set to air on October 28 at 6 p.m.

Photo credit: MBC Music
source:  http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/79274/high4s-sung-gu-tears-up-as-he-thanks-iu-for-keeping-her-promise

I take a breather from work and stopped by Soompi and what do I find!?!   The pictures are gorgeous!  I think I'll watch it at least once just for the visual.   :D
I'm anticipating this duet even more than the one with STJ!
Anyways, MAMA award voting is going on right now and IU is up for 4 (?) different categories.  
Copy and pasted from IU official fansite facebook page - 
"[AWARDS] Hey guys. voting for MAMA has begun, and IU is eligible to win in 4 different categories (including the prestigious "Best Female Artist" award!) You can vote once per day, every day until December 2nd, so please do! All you need is an Mnet account, which is super easy to make if you don't have one already! I've already voted today, have you? -admin sam
Also don't forget to give IU your daily roses:
http://mama.interest.me/2014mama/event/mamarosesource:http://mama.interest.me/2014mama/vote

also don't forget to give IU your daily roses:
http://mama.interest.me/2014mama/event/mamarose"

Annyeong chingudeul
OMG.....that teaser gave me goosebumps and butterfly flutters....the strength, power and purity of IU's voice is WOW!!!.....their voices together YHS and IU make a harmony straight from the Heavens.
MY prediction: this will be the standout collaboration/duet of the 2014/2015 year......nomu nomu jeonmal nomu AWESOMENESS!
It is wonderful to see and read all the positive articles coming out about IU....finally all her hard work is paying off.  She has stamped her mark as a true Artist of the singer/songwriter kind.  Her many collaborations with others ranging from legends to rookies have helped grow and strengthen her support base, plus all her appearances at concerts this year has brought her closer to the KPublic. 
I must admit when I saw Kim Gura interviewing SeoTaichi who was singing IU's praises saying she is a National treasure etc....I thought YES! take that .....look at her now she is bigger, better and stronger than any female artist....and you can't touch her no matter how hard you try to take her down...take that Kim Gura!..kekeke!
MV roll on, I'm very excited for this too.
Have a great week chingudeul. 

omg...the MV is OUT yeorobun..... id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-size: 24px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; "[MV] YOON HYUN SANG(윤현상) _ When would it be(언제쯤이면) (Duet. IU(아이유))

Gonna repeat all night <3