[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

actually they did cut the song down. They took out the middle section where they 'talked' to each other. Basically after IU first verse, they jumped straight to the where they sang together. That's why the song feels short and doesn't sound as nice because they took away the build up...

@Nikki89
". . . They took out the middle section where they 'talked' to each other. . . ."
Right!  The middle part was missing.  I have only heard this song a few times now, because I have reduced my Internet use.  I sort of noticed it, but then by the time I replied to edensor I had forgotten about it.  It is a much more complete song at full length.
Is there a chance that they might perform on Sketchbook?  YHY would be the only stage where I would expect them to get a chance at singing the whole long version.

class="content-title"IU Gets Promoted to Honorary Corporal of Anti School Violence IU3.jpg

Singer IU, who has been active as honorary ambassador to preventing and eradicating school violence since February 2012, has recently been promoted from being an honorary police to a corporal!

On November 6, IU was promoted to corporal at a ceremony held in Seoul. The singer was recognized for her service of leading the prevention and eradication of school violence through various activities such as participating in the promotional signing session for the pamphlet on school violence prevention and appearing in the “Making a Safe Community” promotional video that aims to eradicate the four big evils of society. IU has also contributed greatly to the wide promotion of the emergency hotline 117 wherein students can call regarding cases of school violence.

“I don’t think there was any big thing that I’ve done but I’m grateful that they have promoted me. I will participate even more in the activities to prevent school violence and I will ensure that I do it without being shy,” said IU.

IU will hold the corporal rank for two years until November 5, 2016.

IU4.jpg
IU2.jpg
IU1.jpg

Keep up the good work, IU!

Source: Soompi

class="content-title" Woman Crush Wednesday: “Dream High’s” Kim Pil SukWCW_Kim-Pil-Suk.png

This week on Woman Crush Wednesday, we’re leaving behind all the leading ladies, such as previous woman crushes Geum Jan Di in “Boys Over Flowers” and Go Eun Chan from “Coffee Prince,” in favor of an often overlooked but very special gal. She can usually be found sitting on the sidelines rather than in the spotlight, but can make just as big of an impact as anybody. She’s not even second lead, but third – if there’s even such a thing in Drama Land. This woman, ladies and gentlemen, is none other than Kim Pil Suk from “Dream High.”

Due to her choice of wardrobe during the Kirin School of Arts audition, Kim Pil Suk is nicknamed Miss Sushi. She’s an overweight girl with an amazing voice, which is problematic for one who wishes for fame. Uncertain of how to reject her application solely based on appearances, Kim Pil Suk luckily claims a spot for herself at Kirin, where even sky high dreams can be reached.

Her accomplishments doesn’t stop there as Kim Pil Suk also claims a spot here on our weekly Woman Crush Wednesday feature. These are the five reasons why (spoilers ahead):

Continue reading here

Source: Soompi

tumblr_neo1wq8noL1qz9daco1_500.jpg

[TRANSLATION] 141107 Melon From. U

I was really excited on this day, not having appeared on music broadcasts in a year!
Actually, I was really nervous too..ㅠㅠ It was an enjoyable performance!
Also, I have some good news for you!!
IU TV will be back on 9th Nov, 4PM!!
Please look forward to it +_+

Translated by squishy with love

cr: iu-jjang

my reaction:

tumblr_myww6cNKLb1qz9daco9_250.gif

Yeahh.... 

[TRANSLATION] 141106 NocutView - Corporal IU, “I’m embarrassed about my rapid promotion”

On the 6th, at the National Police Agency Conference Room

On this day, school violence prevention honorary ambassador and honorary policewoman IU received a special promotion.

Mr Superintendent: IU became an honorary ambassador in 2012, then an honorary policewoman in February 2013. If she gets promoted once every year, she could become the police chief before she turns 30.

Mr Superintendent: I think compared all the talk by the police officers, a single word from IU would have more influence on the youths.

IU: Actually, I didn’t do much.. So I’m really grateful to receive this promotion. I’m kind of embarrassed about being promoted. Since it’s such a high position, compared to last year and the year before, I’ll work harder so that in the next few years, I’ll greet all of you gratefully while feeling less embarrassed. Thank you.

Voice: Let’s do a ‘hwaiting’ to cheer on school violence prevention. School violence prevention…
Everyone: Hwaiting!

(Note: IU’s appointment as an honorary policewoman has been extended for another 2 years, until 2016.)

Translated by squishy with love

@nikki89 thank you for subbing Modern Times Concert Clip ... already download it before L*en take it down... ;)
@akinahana89 you such a talented writer.. I'm proud and I enjoy your writing style and look forward to seeing more of it.. My first love from ActressU was Kim Pil Suk...kekeke..