Chae Rim 채림

Admin

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: Javabeans

Chae Rim prepares for new role in Good Job

February 15th, 2009 // by javabeans

200902160925051116_1.jpg

Chae Rim is returning to television with a new short haircut and a new skill (pottery).

Shes taking the lead in MBCs weekend drama Good Job (which literally translates to the somewhat redundant-in-English Good job, good job), starring opposite Eom Ki-joon in the role recently vacated by Myung Se-bin.

Her character works at a ceramic and pottery company, and also creates her own pieces. As we can see in these photos, Chae Rim has been busy studying pottery daily in preparation for her role, while her formerly long hair was chopped short to match her characters single-mom status.

In the drama, Chae Rims character has a child with an ex played by Kim Seung-soo. After the split, she meets a handsome younger man (Eom Ki-joon), but their developing relationship is interrupted by the return of the ex. I hope, uh, the drama itself is more interesting than the description, because Eom Ki-joon is capable of acting the heck out of a character and Id hate to see him relegated to the mere (read: boring) good, younger handsome man role.

This drama marks Chae Rims first project after her last drama, KBSs action drama Rivals, ended a year ago. That series was something of a disappointment, although her previous turn in Dal Jas Spring with Lee Min-ki had been a cheerful comeback role for her, following a divorce and several years away from Korean television.

Good Job airs in March, after Moon Soris Golden Age of My Life wraps.

Via My Daily

Guest pruedish

Seeing her new pics, I thought, are these new or old? CR never gets old! ^_^

Because upon realizing that these are new, I can' help but compare it with her old photo:

2d0kjo6.jpg

Thanks DjTb for the updates! I had my apprehension upon reading the description that she'll have short and curly hair but after seeing CR's actual look, I had a sigh of relief.

Her cuteness never fades. :) And she let them cut her long hair for a role. Nobody does it like CR. :)

Thanks for the article kdramafanusa! Thanks for the large pics cutiepie.

Ooohh, WB and CR, they're both cute! I remember watching that vid, CR had this cute reaction when she saw KSA and WB together. :lol: It was funny though I didn't understand a thing.

Guest CindyW88

-----------

[News] Chae Rim has to have her hair cut for her new “Grand Unmarried Mother” role

200902160925051116_1.jpg

[My Dauly] 2/16/2009

Chae Rim has her hair cut, which has been with her for 3 years, in order to play her new character in the upcoming MBC weekend drama “Job Well Done”. Moreover, she learns the skills of making pottery and ceramic ware.

In this drama, she plays the role Lee Gang Joo. After Gang Joo parted the main male character Yoo Ho Nam, she was pregnant with Ho Nam’s child. Then she falls in love with a pure-hearted man Choi Seung Hyun (최승현, played by Uhm Ki Joon) who is younger than her.

However, her past is not over. She has to deal with the situation when she is between her past man Ho Nam and her present man Seung Hyun.

To play this role, CR has her hair, which has been with her for 3 years, cut short to the root of her ears. CR states, “My role Lee Gang Joo is an unmarried mother who doesn’t have a family to count on in this world. Thus, she has to live grandly alone. Although it is inconvenient to have my hair cut, but I get it done to play this role well.”

Gang Joo works for Jung Soo Hee (정수희, played by Jung Ae Ri) who is the owner of a pottery and ceramic ware business. Thus, CR is rushed into the training class for making pottery.

CR is taking training classes around Kangnam area. She spends 2 hours everyday sinking her hands in clays. CR is elated that her teachers praises for her good hands on making cups and bases. CR says, “I will give my Mom a set of pottery as a present.”

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...902160925051116

Guest Janie Simply

Thanks for the great news; She is lovely as ever :) My first ever k-drama watching was none other than AAE :sweatingbullets: Hmm... her role as a potter might motivate me to take up some pottery courses :) It's great to see she loves her mom so much; back then gave her the award trophy and now a set of pottery :)

BTW, I have a set of Rivals but still haven't watched it yet; should I just skip it and wait for Good Job instead :rolleyes:

Hehe, never knew there was a collab of CR & WB, what a cutie pair :blush:

Seeing her new pics, I thought, are these new or old? CR never gets old! ^_^

Because upon realizing that these are new, I can' help but compare it with her old photo:

2d0kjo6.jpg

Thanks DjTb for the updates! I had my apprehension upon reading the description that she'll have short and curly hair but after seeing CR's actual look, I had a sigh of relief.

Her cuteness never fades. :) And she let them cut her long hair for a role. Nobody does it like CR. :)

im sooo happy with her hair! it looks sooo good at her... just like old times. i think the last time i saw her hair this short was during Cheers for Women and AAE. im glad she decided to do this project and cutting her hair to make her character even more convincing... as always the professional actress CR!~ :D :D :D

Guest fashionista

i love the new hair cut too. it does remind me of her cheers for the women/aae days. the hairdo makes her look like a cute/strong/energetic young lady!

thx cutiepie for the big pics :)

Guest Janie Simply

im sooo happy with her hair! it looks sooo good at her... just like old times. i think the last time i saw her hair this short was during Cheers for Women and AAE. im glad she decided to do this project and cutting her hair to make her character even more convincing... as always the professional actress CR!~ :D :D :D

I'm so glad that she takes up this project; She looks great with that short hair, looks very confident!

Is there a thread for this drama yet?

ovette, you did so so well for DJS :sweatingbullets:

Chae Rim Cuts Her Hair Short For New Drama

chae_rim_good_job_011.jpgchae_rim_good_job_02.jpg

Chae Rim, who will be acting in MBC’s upcoming weekend drama “Good Job“, has made a sacrifice to cut away her long hair which she has kept for 3 years, in order to fit into the role she is playing. Apart from this, she is also actively learning pottery skills for the drama needs.

Lee Kang Soo (Chae Rim) is a capable unwed mother who works in a ceramic arts and gallery company under Mrs Jung Soo Hee (played by Jung Ae Ri). Recently, Chae Rim attended pottery lessons near Kang Nam area with her hands soaked in the clay for at least 2 hours everyday. According to details given by her teacher, Chae Rim’s progress is much faster than an ordinary student.

Chae Rim said: “I must learn the pottery skills well because I wish to make a tea-set for my mom.” As to cutting away her long hair, Chae Rim explained: “I feel that a short hair image will better fit the personality of the character, who is always determined and full of self-confidence. Therefore, in the end I decided to cut it short.”

Aside from Chae Rim, other cast of the drama includes Kim Seung Soo, Kim Jung Hwa, Uhm Ki Joon, Seo Hyo Rim, Lee Da In and Daniel Choi. “Good Job” is set to broadcast from March 14.

Anyone thinks this is nice? I really like her this short hairstyle.

source:hanfever

http://www.hanfever.com/2009/02/16/chae-ri...-for-new-drama/

The hair reminds me of All About Eve... Four Sisters days. I don't know.. it's just that those were really the glorious days!!!

Oh reminiscing reminiscing.. :)

^

TOTALLY AGREE!! it's like she rode a time machine and went to 10 years after. goodness she still looks the same! :) awww i miss our CR!

I'm so glad that she takes up this project; She looks great with that short hair, looks very confident!

Is there a thread for this drama yet?

ovette, you did so so well for DJS :sweatingbullets:

yes i checked. and huangsy already set up a thread for it... lol havent had time to post messages there yet haha.

Guest CindyW88

Thanks Cindy for the news! She's really a pro!

Before the haircut:

20gb61e.jpg

Source: 218.82.160.*, Baidu

pruedish, your are welcome. Thank you for the photos! :D

Here is the newest news report about this drama:

[News] Young Star Jun Min Suh Performs in the MBC Weekend Drama “Job Well Done”

1234827046689_1.jpg

[JoyNews/Osen] 2/17/2009

Young Star Jun Min Suh (전민서) will perform in the MBC weekend drama “Job Well Done”. She plays the role Byul Yi (별이) who is the heroine Lee Gang Joo (played by Chae Rim)’s daughter.

Jun Min Suh has become well-known lately for her performance in the blockbuster movie “High Speed Scandal (과속스캔들)”. Moreover, she also acted in the recent drama “General Hospital 2”.

On 2/9, she sat beside the senior actress Kang Boo Ja (강부자) and participated in the serious script-reading session. Although the portion of her role is not much, she slowly recited the script dialogues without looking at the script book, which made many adult actors and actresses exclaim in surprise. Kang Boo Ja praised, “You speak very good and clear.” Byul Yi and main characters will reconcile and overcome difficulties happened to them.

Source:

http://osen.freechal.com/news/view.asp?code=G0902170028

http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.p...g_serial=393181

Thanks cindy for more news about "Job Welldone". :rolleyes:

^

TOTALLY AGREE!! it's like she rode a time machine and went to 10 years after. goodness she still looks the same! :) awww i miss our CR!

yes i checked. and huangsy already set up a thread for it... lol havent had time to post messages there yet haha.

About the theme thread of "Job Welldone"...... If I were not so sure about CR's new project, I would have the same question like exupery's (quote from [drama 2009] Thumbs Up For A Job Well Done 잘했군 잘했어, [MBC] Uhm Ki Joon, Choi Daniel, Suh Hyo Rim, Kim Jung Hwa)

Gosh ... I thought they replaced CR in the drama because I don't see her name on the thread title with the rest of the casts even though she's supposed to be one of the lead if not the main lead? :wacko:

Anyway, I'm liking her new hair style. I have to say I really hate her last drama with KBS ... hope this one is going to be good.