• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chocolato

can't wait..... :P need to watch. but I can't watch online T_T

How I watch Again My Love online??

Plz help let me know.

i need watch it.

I don't know the cast. But the title is very familiar to me. I've heard my fave kpop group sang that before. I don't know if it is the same though.

Guest huangsy

Credits to RUBIE

February 3, 2009

KBS drama up against MBC's comic-book hero

Tonight viewers face two choices: tune into the escapades of a strikingly handsome dark knight or go for a brand new melodrama.

For the past two weeks, ancient Korean hero Iljimae of MBC's "Moon River" has been winning the Wednesday and Thursday night miniseries ratings race. Now, the competition is heating up with a new series joining tonight's line-up.

Titled "Again My Love," KBS' latest installment takes Korean dramas back to their roots, with a twist. Instead of the usual tortured love triangle, "Again My Love" centers on an unconventional quintet of stars.

Rising celebrities Park Ye-jin and Jung Gyu-woon and veterans Choi Myung-gil, Park Sang-won and Jun In-hwa weave a web of deceit, betrayal, and yes, adultery in the 24-episode series. "I have done a lot of conventional family melodramas," said director Kim Jong-chang of the hit series "My Rosy Life" (2005) at a press conference Thursday.

Having mastered the art of the tear-jerker -- remember the late Choi Jin-sil's heartrending portrayal of a wife struggling through the last stages of cancer? -- director Kim promised to "expand the stage a little." "I feel that (dramas) have undergone a drastic transformation," said actress Choi Myung-gil, 46. "In the past, if I played a mother, I would have probably added a little white to my hair. But now, we do not have to."

200902030017.jpg

Choi -- a pro when it comes to historical romances -- stepped out of her comfort zone to tackle the role of Han Myung-in, the formidable CEO of a large corporation.

Scarred by the death of her first love, Han realizes she is pregnant with his child. Determined to turn their son into a successful business executive, she enters into an arranged marriage with Lee Jeong-hoon, played by Park Sang-won of the hit series "Hourglass" (1995). 20 years later, Han realizes she has grown to love her husband, only to discover that he has been cheating on her.

With a trio of thespians whose ages range from 43 to 49 heading the cast, "Again My Love" may alienate younger audiences. On the flipside, the drama market and viewers benefit from the risk. The combination of twenty-something co-stars Park Ye-jin and Jung Gyu-woon with their forty-something counterparts caters to those who want to explore the complexities of both married life and budding love.

Though "Again My Love" promises to attract a broad audience, rising above rival MBC drama "Moon River" will prove to be a challenge. Touting a strong cast and director, the hit MBC action romance successfully combines the humorous nature of the comic book original with high flying stunts.

"Iljimae is a very sad character," said director Hwang In-roe at the "Moonriver" press conference. "But Ko Woo-young did not make (his original work) sad. It is even a little bit upbeat." The first drama to be based on artist Ko Woo-young's 1970s comic series -- SBS aired a different take on the hero last year -- "Moonriver" layers anime-style elements over cinematography reminiscent of Oriental ink paintings.

The lead, Jung Il-woo, bears an uncanny resemblance to the comic book version, a lean and melancholy Korean Hamlet with martial arts moves and a beautiful face. Actor Jung, who wooed female fans as a bad boy in "Unstoppable High Kick" (2006), struggled to do Ko's Iljimae justice. "I was playing Jung Il-woo's Iljimae," he explained. "The director wanted the original Iljimae. But my personality kept emerging. The director said, 'Don't laugh. Jung Il-woo cannot be present. Don't laugh.'"

A pensive and serious Iljimae graces the screen; the fruit of one laugh-free take after another. And Park Chul-min of the hit series "Beethoven Virus" serves as the yang to Jung's yin. With a Chinese straw hat, a curlicue mustache and an incredibly strange walk -- the result of extensive consultation with a ballet company friend says the actor -- Park's villainous Wang Hyeong-bo is cute but dangerous. Clearly, he is the comic relief.

The combination is hard to beat. Yet the melodrama is making a comeback; SBS' highly popular "Temptation of Wife" serves as a case in point. Both the comic book adaptation and the melodrama are beloved genres, adding an element of unpredictability to this particular ratings race.

Tune into "Moon River" on MBC on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:55 p.m.

"Again My Love" starts tonight on KBS 2 TV at 10 p.m.

By Jean Oh (oh_jean@heraldm.com)

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/NEWKHSITE/dat...00902040012.asp

Guest mapikan

This drama seems interesting. Does anyone know if it will be subbed by any group, or will any place have any type of summaries of it?

Thanks for your time in advance.

Just another drama addict :)

This drama seems interesting. Does anyone know if it will be subbed by any group, or will any place have any type of summaries of it?

Thanks for your time in advance.

Just another drama addict :)

yes it will be subbed . and u can use this link http://www.mysoju.com/

This drama looks good!

Ep 1 RAW streaming: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjk5NTkwNzI=.html

The rating for Ep 1 is okay too.

DAILY TV RATING - WEDNESDAY 2009-02-04

TNS

NATIONWIDE RANK / SHOW / NETWORK / NATIONWIDE RATING / SEOUL RATING + RANK {if different from Nationwide}

1. Cruel Temptation / Lure Of Wife <아내의유혹> (SBS) - 39.0%, 40.4%

2. The Road Home <집으로가는길> (KBS1) - 18.7%, 17.5%

3. Again, My Love / I Hate You Once Again <미워도다시한번> episode 1 (KBS2) - 16.4%, 16.8% (#4)

4. KBS News 9 (KBS1) - 16.0%, 14.8% (#7)

5. Golden Fishery 황금어장 (MBC) - 15.8%, 17.0% (#3)

6. White Lie <하얀거짓말> (MBC) - 15.5%, 16.2% (#5)

7. SBS 8 News (SBS) - 15.5%, 15.5% (#6)

8. Consumer Charges 소비자고발 (KBS2) - 13.7%, 14.0% (#10)

9. Moon River / The Return Of Iljimae <돌아온일지매> episode 5 (MBC) - 13.7%, 13.7% (#11)

10. Don't Cry My Love / I Love You, Don't Cry <사랑해울지마> (MBC) - 13.4%, 14.4% (#8)

AGB

NATIONWIDE RANK / SHOW / NETWORK / NATIONWIDE RATING / SEOUL RATING + RANK {if different from Nationwide}

1. Cruel Temptation / Lure Of Wife <아내의유혹> (SBS) - 34.1%, 33.3%

2. The Road Home <집으로가는길> (KBS1) - 21.4%, 20.6%

3. KBS 9 News (KBS1) - 17.7%, 17.1% (#5)

4. White Lie <하얀거짓말> (MBC) - 17.3%, 18.6% (#3)

5. Again, My Love / I Hate You Once Again <미워도다시한번> episode 1 (KBS2) - 16.5%, 17.5% (#4)

6. Golden Fishery 황금어장 (MBC) - 15.4%, 16.6%

7. Innocent You <순결한당신> (SBS) - 14.6%, 16.1%

8. Moon River / The Return Of Iljimae <돌아온일지매> episode 5 (MBC) - 14.5%, 14.9%

9. SBS 8 News (SBS) - 13.4%, 13.2% (#10)

10. Don't Cry My Love / I Love You, Don't Cry <사랑해울지마> (MBC) - 13.2%, 13.7% (#9)

Archived