[drama 2009] 2009 Alien Baseball Team / Strike Love 2009 외인구단

Guest C51236

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lidge_fan

OMG!!!!! THANK YOU, WITHS2 for picking up this project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best news ever this year for me......only winning the lotto can top this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WITHS2, I love you......lol, it kinda rhymes :lol::P

I don't know Korean (can't help translate) and have never timed subs. Only thing I've done is sometimes I edit subs with notepad, just to fix minor stuff and such to my liking. Please let me know if I can help you guys in any way, shape or form. I'd be more than happy to!!!! Really, really grateful you guys are subbing this!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

Guest masonxchan

OMG!!!!! THANK YOU, WITHS2 for picking up this project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best news ever this year for me......only winning the lotto can top this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WITHS2, I love you......lol, it kinda rhymes :lol::P

I don't know Korean (can't help translate) and have never timed subs. Only thing I've done is sometimes I edit subs with notepad, just to fix minor stuff and such to my liking. Please let me know if I can help you guys in any way, shape or form. I'd be more than happy to!!!! Really, really grateful you guys are subbing this!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

omg thank you WITHS2.... i watched the first episode without subs...and i was so sucked in... i can't believe it only got #20 for ratings... i really like the child actors too

I heard that there was a movie version of this drama? Can anyone tell me the name and when the movie was made? It's just that this drama description reminds me of a Korean movie (probably my first) that I saw many, many years ago (in the '80s). It was about a baseball team of some-what rejects and I remember them going to some deserted palce to train. And the pitcher loved this girl who married a hot-shot baseball player. And something about one of the team-members losing an arm or the use of an arm or maybe it was just a shoulder injury. And there was this love triangle... I actually remember the theme song the most (very beautiful and very sad). Anyway, I was very young when I saw it so I never knew the name of the movie.

Thanks to anyone who has an answer.

Guest lidge_fan

^ in the 80's......if it was in the early, early 80's, then I wasn't even born when it was shown :lol:

wish I could help but I have no recollection of anything remotely similar to that

i can't believe it only got #20 for ratings... i really like the child actors too

I think it's not doing too well is because it's a sports-theme drama

Let's face it, most of the people watching K-drama are women

As females, we like the backstabbing, the love triangle/quadrangle, the face slapping, the memory loss, the rich/cold/lonely guy falling in love with the poor but nice/spunky girl :wacko::lol: Me too!!!!!

I can't imagine many women in Korea dying to watch Strike Love.......watching to see the strikeouts and home runs and one guy's quest to become a great pitcher :lol:

No surprise that it's not doing too well.......there's no target audience.....and I completely understand

I'm also a girl but I adore baseball

It's a really fun game.....

I especially love movies and dramas with sports themes because the good ones (and I get the feeling Strike Love won't disappoint me) have something that the other genres don't.....it's the push to be the best, people training their hearts out......and I always love rooting for the underdog!!!!

Sports is a great subject to film because if done right, it can touch the viewers' hearts :)

I'm really happy KMJ is in this too!!!! She's an excellent actress!!!

I have nothing against LYW, but she always comes across as being tired to me.....

Baseball + KMJ....it's like my dream coming true....lol

I understood why no subbing teams wanted to take on this project :)....lack of interest

It's awesome of WITHS2 to decide to to this

When the news broke over @ javabeans and aja-aja SB, I was estatic

But now, my biggest fear is that the lack of interest from most people will discourage them from continuing *sigh* :(

Guest MisterX

I heard that there was a movie version of this drama? Can anyone tell me the name and when the movie was made? It's just that this drama description reminds me of a Korean movie (probably my first) that I saw many, many years ago (in the '80s). It was about a baseball team of some-what rejects and I remember them going to some deserted palce to train. And the pitcher loved this girl who married a hot-shot baseball player. And something about one of the team-members losing an arm or the use of an arm or maybe it was just a shoulder injury. And there was this love triangle... I actually remember the theme song the most (very beautiful and very sad). Anyway, I was very young when I saw it so I never knew the name of the movie.

Thanks to anyone who has an answer.

이장호의 외인구단 (86).

http://www.cine21.com/Movies/Mov_Movie/mov...ail.php?id=4489

Adapted from the same exact manhwa, starring Choi Jae-Sung, Ahn Sung-Gi and a bunch of others.

But now, my biggest fear is that the lack of interest from most people will discourage them from continuing *sigh*

Groundless fears. Ep. 1 translation is done, so it'll be up in a few days.

Guest lidge_fan

^ OMG!!! so fast!!! thank you for the awesome news!!!!

a few days ago, I was begging someone here just to even do a short sypnosis so I could watch it and I'll try to guess what's happening and now..... subs are coming out!!!!

THANK YOU, WITHS2!!!!!!!

I know everyone doing the subbing is very busy so I'm really grateful you guys are taking the time to do this :)

Guest PerKy

Thank you WITHS2 for subbing this drama!

I don't really care if this is a sports drama or not. As long as the story line is good and the actors and actresses are to my liking, then I'll watch. But what brought me to watch this drama is really Yoon Tae Young & Kim Min Jung. And for some odd reason, Yoon Tae Young looks very attractive with the hair and all. I'm starting to like him more and more. Well, hopefully the rating goes up. I really like this drama.

Even though watching a baseball game is boring, playing it is really fun.

And for those who rely on pictures to know what's going on in the drama or what's going to happen, here's some pictures. (this imply to me sometimes when i don't want to download the episode :D )

Episode 3 Preview

episode3preview.jpg

Guest WitchGoddess

This is a great drama. Its too bad that it isn't very popular. I hope the ratings go up soon and people see how beautifully it is directed and acted.

Archived